SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Commercial Skipping in Cayars STV 18E

I've been using 18E ever since Carlo released it, and I've continued to be frustrated with instability in the external commercial skip program (see post 3217 for details).

What are my best options for reliable commercial skipping with 18E? Does the internal commskip still work? Is there now a better external solution?

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder
Old 05-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to abbott_m
the Internal works fine (I messed with the external for a while and found it to be more trouble that I cared to fool with it). Basically just turn off whatever you have in place to kick off the external and turn the internal one on in the setup menu's.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Sage Icon

Just a note. The internal does not work fine. It will eventually stop running comskip. For me it was usually within a day or two. Then you have to restart Sage to get it going again. Maybe I'll put the old code from 17 back in there and post a patch to 18E.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

I would say that your best bet would be dirmon. Jere is also working on an exciting commercial skipping application which shows much promise of being muuuuch better and faster than comskip (SA). Do some searches on this forum.

I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsouthard
I've been using 18E ever since Carlo released it, and I've continued to be frustrated with instability in the external commercial skip program (see post 3217 for details).

What are my best options for reliable commercial skipping with 18E? Does the internal commskip still work? Is there now a better external solution?

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Just a note. The internal does not work fine. It will eventually stop running comskip. For me it was usually within a day or two. Then you have to restart Sage to get it going again. Maybe I'll put the old code from 17 back in there and post a patch to 18E.
That would be greatly apprecieated! Perhaps you could modify nielm's version of 18E which also adds plug-ins?
Old 05-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to abbott_m
Strange, I've never had a problem with 18E and internal comskip.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac
I would say that your best bet would be dirmon. Jere is also working on an exciting commercial skipping application which shows much promise of being muuuuch better and faster than comskip (SA). Do some searches on this forum.

I.

I second that!! I made the switch to dirmon and have never looked back. One of the advantages is that it can start detecting right when the show begins recording. Cayars external comdetect had to wait until the xml file is written (which is where I think the issue is in 18E) until it could start detecting. It was my experience that that file would not be written until well into the recording which in turn would cause a delay in completing the commercial detection. I have dirmon running commercial detection on three machines without issue.

HC
Old 05-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

For some reason it seems that the comskip experience differs greatly among differing machines. Just depends which option works on a particular system as to which is the best, or so it seems. DirMon seems to be a nice happy medium for me though I didn't have a lot of problems with the external program cayars wrote either...
Old 05-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
True, it never worked quite right in 18E for me either. So I've been using 17 for months now, with no problems.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsouthard

I turned off external CommercialDetectManager and internal ComSkip in 18E and switched to using DirMon, and at least for the last couple of days it seems to be working fine.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder
Old 05-16-2005, 11:29 PM
Sage User

Watch Now with 18E - still not working

Now that 18E has been posted, I'm using it. Maybe the biggest reason why - Cayars says - Changed/fixed functionality of "Watch Now" button in Detailed Screens.

?? My Watch Now button is still not working. Is this different than you all? If so.. suggestions?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT : AH HA -- found the answer here

Quote:
03-22-2005, 05:26 AM
dvd_maniac
Sage Aficionado Join Date: Mar 2004

@Surtr

There are two ways to get around this.

1. If you do not use EXTERNAL PLAYER for viewing files, then goto Detailed Setup --> External Setup --> Use External Players for Non-Native File Types Only --> Disabled. "WATCH NOW" should now work.

If you do use it

2. Then when in LiveTV guide, highlight the show you want to watch and hit "ENTER", Hitting OK n my Hauppauge remote also does the trick.

Last edited by Xenophon; 05-17-2005 at 12:24 AM.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Sage Expert

Sucks that he did not get the annoying "Timeslot" problem fixed in this version. If you select 4pm on that, it chooses 2am. There is no way to get 4pm selected.

I know there's a workaround to use Maldude's interface, and I guess that's what I'll do, but it's still irritating...
Old 05-17-2005, 12:51 AM
Sage User

new question

more of a general (n00b) sage vs windows media player question.

Sage creates mpegs. I try to play them in wmp and the video is frozen, audio is fine. I can click the slider to advance the video frame but it is still frozen.

The files play in sage fine. Is this something I can correct so that they play on wmp equally well?

I don't recall if I had this difficulty with nielm stv.

*EDIT* Does this have anything to do with Disabling the External Video Player as shown 2 posts above?

Last edited by Xenophon; 05-17-2005 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
I hate to ressurect this thread, but I was wondering if anyone had heard anything from Carlo? To heck with the STV, is the man allright?
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 06-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrantRyke
I hate to ressurect this thread, but I was wondering if anyone had heard anything from Carlo? To heck with the STV, is the man allright?
No one has heard a definite in either direction. As I understand it, Opus4 once talked with what seemed to be a roommate, and they didn't indicate anything was wrong. Also ToxMox has seen him on IM a couple of times, but he logged off as soon as ToxMox IM'd him.

I can't speculate about what happened, but odds are he's okay.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:33 AM
Sage Icon

I see his account login to MSN messenger about 2-3 times per week and I message him everytime and never get a response. He doesn't drop off as soon as I IM it anymore.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

ToxMox, do you have his phone number? I guess you must not, because otherwise I'm sure you would have called. He still has your 350, right?
Old 06-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Sage Icon

I do have the number but I haven't called since Andy tried him a couple of times and got nowhere. Yes he still has my 350.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Well, I didn't have a piece of hardware sitting in someone else's house & thus had no real incentive to keep trying... calling & leaving a message can't hurt. (Unless he has an answering machine like mine, which can ignore people based on their caller ID -- I play a recording of the phone company saying the number is no longer in service for known telemarketers & then have it immediately hang up.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
(Unless he has an answering machine like mine, which can ignore people based on their caller ID -- I play a recording of the phone company saying the number is no longer in service for known telemarketers & then have it immediately hang up.)
what answering machine is that ?!