SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to aberson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
I would take CommercialDetect out of your loop and see if you still get those issues.
Once I did that it seemed to be pretty stable for most of yesterday... Then I had an EOF crash, and when it came back, the Cayars STV menu wouldn't load. Sage loads, but the screen is all black. I reverted to the Original STV in the meantime because I didn't have time to play with it yesterday. Maybe later I'll try going back to Cayars17...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
Either way, when troubleshooting, always work backwards and remove the last thing you added - have you tried removing the RAM to see if your EOF problems go away? If so, it might be a bad stick of ram.
Right - so when I remove the RAM things are ok. I tried swapping slots, but leaving both sticks in, still crashes. I also tried JUST the new piece, but now I can't remember what happened - I think it still crashed.

One odd thing is that my mobo requires PC100 ram. A few places said you could just use pc133 ram, but all the manufacturers said that used to be true and isn't true anymore. So, I made sure to buy pc100. What happens when I go to install the pc100 stick? Turns out that the ram that was already in the box was pc133... so could ram speed mismatch be an issue? I don't know. It seems to test out just fine as far as the BIOS and Windows are concerned, I don't know why CD would have an issue with it...

Adam
Old 06-29-2005, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Could be speed or a bad stick of memory.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:36 AM
Sage Icon

I've put pc133 in pc100 mb all the time. My feeling is that you got a stick (your new one). OR, you got drastically different latencies - what size are the sticks? the same size? I've always thought that the faster stick slows to match the slower one. Maybe find a memory burn in program somewhere and test both sticks out. Your old one may have gone bad - rare, but I've seen it.

If your menu won't load, download the zip, and overwrite cayars-menu.xml. That should fix it, if it doesn't overwrite the .stv file too.

The problem is probably compounded by CD. It was never completely stable to begin with, and it's pretty taxing on the system. They way is written, it monitors not only CPU usage, but disk I/O as well. It may just be incompatible with your system. Unfortunately, there isn't any way to find out exactly what the problem is. Besides, DirMon does basically the same thing, and is still supported.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

You don't want to mis-match sticks of RAM PC100/PC133... They have different timings, latencies, etc. It might work fine when you in BIOS but once you use a program that requires both sticks (requires bunches of RAM) the I/O will get messed up. Do all of one or the other. Plus, I find that when you do a memory upgrade, it's best to use all the same sticks (manufacturer, speed, CAS, ... ). It's fine to put a faster-rated stick in just make sure they're all the same.

Last edited by AWS; 06-29-2005 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Sage User

Crashless-

I tried the setup you suggested using DirMon and Comskip, and the shows seem to be processing as expected. For every mpeg, I have a .log and .txt file that appear to have correct data.

When I watch the recording using Cayers 18E, the status bar has "CS" hilighted so it recognizes the file. However, it does not display the commercial data in the time display. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Note that I am using SageTV Client, however the client has the same drive mapping as the server so I don't think that should be a problem.

Thanks.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:00 AM
Sage Icon

does it work properly on the server?

if it doesn't, open up the txt file and see what's in there. The CS icon only signifies that a txt file exists for that show, it's the media player that actually reads that file and displays the marked commercials.

if the txt file is blank, check the comskip thread and ask jere for help on that because the problem wouldn't be with the STV as those operations are now being executed outside sage entirely. Sorry to pass the buck.

If it DOES work on the server, I'm not sure...I would double check the drive mappings, maybe try a different STV...and post again while I think about it.

Last edited by Crashless; 06-30-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Sage User

The text file appears to be okay. However, I did not try to open it on the server. I'll give it a try tonight to see if I can at least get that working.

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Sage Expert

Does anyone know if you can map the "Add to Playlist", "Show Playlist" and/or "Play Playlist" with regards to the video playlists in Cayars 18?

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Sage Icon

I don't think you can, it would have to be a 'custom command' I think. I can't see those as commands in my 'learn' window.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:33 AM
Sage Expert

That is what I wanted...one of the custom#s...but it looks like none aren mapped to these functions. Too bad...it would be nice to be able to run down a list hitting "Add to Playlist" instead of having to got into "Details" for every show to add the program.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Sage User

The popup menu:

Utilities/Apps/Setup\Setup Menu\Detailed Setup\External Setup\Commercial Processing

doesn't include a back button. I've tried every button on my remote, and none will exit the menu. It seems the only way to exit is to connect a keyboard to the computer and press the Esc key. Is there any way to modify this menu and add a "BACK" or cancel command. All the other popup windows have a cancel command.

I looked in the Cayars-menu.xml file and didn't find anything.

I'm using 18e

Thank you.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Sage Icon

Just press the options key/command (right click is equivalent). Options command always exits popup menus I believe.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

i hit the button on my remote that i mapped to sage's 'power' in girder. it turns on the screen saver, then i hit it again & i'm out of that menu.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

New Sage Setup - Menu Fade Problem

I just moved Sage to a new PC (AMD 64-4000) and everything was fine until I loaded Cayers 17 or 18. Whenever they are loaded, when I go from one menu to another the old menu fades out slowly even though new menu is being displayed. This is an annoyance (to say the least) but other than that I don't have any problems. Watching shows works just fine. If I am using the original STV the menus are all fine, also. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:52 AM
SageTVaholic

menu overlap/fading:
background image was not being found -- check that you have unpacked it correctly.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Fading Menus

Thanks for the help. I re-extracted, chose a different background and then chose the original background again and it is working perfectly. I never would have thought of it on my own.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to aberson
maybe this has been asked before

I just reinstalled 18E, and noticed that something was screwy with the webserver. Then I realized that it's because I had upgraded the webserver to 1.5, but 18E overwrote with the 1.1 webserver.

Any chance of repackaging 18 with the newer webserver for future people? Alternatively, I'd suggest it be separated from the distribution with instructions on where to get it.

adam
Old 07-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Sage Icon

I edited the post that contains the download link to warn about this.

Hopefully it will be enough to warn people, so they don't have to go through what you have gone through.

I'm honestly surprised so many people still use this STV, the MCE one is much better IMO, and is still being supported. My server shows 230 downloads last month alone, and nearly 500 cayars related downloads in May.

I guess if you call your STV the 'ULTIMATE' STV, you'll get a few cursory downloads.

Last edited by Crashless; 07-12-2005 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

I still use it too.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

me too. I love the extra info available in Cayars STV. The Guide 1, 2, & 3 which can be customized. I never got into the commercial skip, dvd burning, or file recompression part of it. It is a damn shame that it is not being supported anymore though. I will probably have to try another STV once 3.0 comes out.