SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Welcome back Carlo!

Haven't made much time to browse the forum in great detail over the past few months, but saw this today. Sorry to hear about your physical injuries. Was in a car accident, although minor compared to your issues, and can empathize. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a quick and speedy recovery.

On my side, I've spent the last three days in court and have officially signed a settlement for my divorce, effective 8/1/05. After almost a year, I can finally start getting on with my own life too, and my time can be spent on more productive endeavors. I hope the same is true for you in short order.

Get well soon, hun!

--TG
Old 07-21-2005, 03:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Welcome back Carlo! Sorry to hear of your misfortune..... I was hoping you hadn't forgot about us... with v3.0 on the horizon (or behind it) I was growing weary of having to load it without your stv. But now I'm excited again!! Glad to know your still with us (here on Earth)!

BTW, I know I referenced v3.0 but please don't let the topic hijack this thread (have some couth CARLO IS BACK!)
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Carlo -

Are you QuickSilver on the ClubWRX forums?

-Justin
Old 07-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Welcome back Carlo!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:00 AM

I love this customization.
One question, and I did try and real all this thread because it was interesting but it was too big, sorry to repeat if this is answered.
I can set the OSD autohide time and the play progress bar will stay on that long, but the show info and volume and channel disappear in about 1 second no matter how I set it, is there another place to ajust this or is this a know issue with this stv?
Old 07-26-2005, 06:02 AM
Sage Expert

Mysticclam, did you 'enable' auto hide? That menu setting has always worked for me to make everything go away quickly however I've never tried to make it stay longer. There is a "search this thread" feature. Its at the top of the page, below where its says 'log out'. I also didn't know it was there but Opus4 kindly directed me to it.

Cayars, just wanted to add my well wishes. Get well, and its great to have you back!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Sage Expert

WELCOME BACK!!!! Sorry about the accident, so glad you came thru. I can only imagine what your going thru at this point. This place really missed you and this STV.

I'm sorry I was wrong, I had guessed you had gone to work for yourself or frey and was not able to do your thing for us on the forum as an employee of sage TV! I kinda wish I was right, but am glad your back.

On the lighter side, so when can we expect CAYARS V1 for SAGE V3? SAY next week? (I'm kidding.....get well first)
Old 07-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Welcome back from htpcnews.com .

I missed having ya a round to post news for frequent updates on your STV.

As everyone here said.. Good luck with your recovery.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Sage User

I hope your physical therapy goes well and when the doctors say its okay, have a nice cold
Old 08-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I totally forgot about the card Tox, sorry about that. In the scheme of things around the house it hasn't been given much thought. Give me a couple of days and I'll hook up with you to get it back to you.

Carlo
Cue the crickets chirping
Old 08-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Sage Icon

FWIW, I chatted with Carlo briefly a week or so ago. He said he was getting his Sage boxes up and running, and would be easing into things as time allowed.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:47 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
okay, so I've been using cayars 17 for a while now...and for the most part everything is great. But I have one nagging problem that has never worked for me. searching the forums over and over resulted in nothing. so here goes.
the "delete, watched, not like" option has never worked for me in the delete menu. hitting it does nothing at all. all the other options work fine. please help....the wife keeps asking me "why does that not do anything...."
Old 08-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Sage User

Menu Issue with Cayars

Apologies if this is already covered - I've searched the forum, but with 180 pages on Cayars alone...

I'm having a problem that only appears on my config when I'm using Cayars STV (either 17 or 18). All the menus don't seem to refresh correctly, so you see a "ghost" of the previous screen. The images end up scattered and overlaid. The attached image explains it better than I can...

Am I missing something basic? I like the STV, but it's unusable in it's present state. Thanks for the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Display.JPG (69.2 KB, 270 views)
Old 08-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I had that happen to me before. I think replacing my "SageMenu.dtd" file with the one in the cayars package fixed it. Make sure you do it with both sage and sage service closed and not sleeping.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Sage User

Thanks Kricker. The DTD file should have come straight out of Cayars package on my install, but I took your suggestion and replaced it anyway, but no luck.

By they way, I'm using a PVR-350 with a ATI Radeon 9800 with 128 MB. 512 MB system RAM, AMD 3200+,Win XP, and plenty of disk space.

Thanks again.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Usually, that kind of display means the background image was not found. But, I don't use this STV, so I don't know which property it uses to set the background or whether you can set it somewhere in Detailed Setup... a lot of help that was, wasn't it. But, maybe it will give a hint of what to look for.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:03 AM
Sage User

Thanks Andy, you hit the nail on the head! The directory reference to the background image was incorrect. Once I corrected and reloaded, everthing works. Thanks for the heads up - this will help in the future!
Old 08-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi folks, sorry in advance if this question belongs in the beta thread (but I think it belongs here???). I've been off the forums for some time, so missed the beta releases of v3. My question...if I install v3.0.7, will the existing installed Cayars STV work (either automatically, or with setup from within the default STV)? Is it fully functional (comskip, etc.)? Is there anything special I need to do to get it up and running? Thanks.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to abbott_m
Yes it works as long as your willing to live without the various UI improvements (mostly just glizy stuff).

There are a couple areas that don't work in setup and such but by and large it functions just as in the 2.x stuff.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Great, thanks for the reply. I'll give it a shot this evening, after I do some virus @ss kicking.