SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to abbott_m
the way I got around the missing setup items was when I needed to mess with them, just revert to the 3.x STV while your messing with them then revert back to Cayars. Another way would be to just modify the properties file by hand and restart sage.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:08 PM

I'm having trouble when I use the Live tv guide and I select a show and click watch now...nothing happens. Also, I have the plugin for the the ATI Remote woinder to work with sagetv, but as soon as I started usaing Cayars17 it doesn't want to work. I am using sagetv 2.2 along with Cayars17
Old 09-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellj
I'm having trouble when I use the Live tv guide and I select a show and click watch now...nothing happens. Also, I have the plugin for the the ATI Remote woinder to work with sagetv, but as soon as I started usaing Cayars17 it doesn't want to work. I am using sagetv 2.2 along with Cayars17
Didn't work for me either. Sage 2.2.8 did fine, but "Watch now" didnt' work with Cayars17.

I've moved to the 3.0 beta PR7.

Case Lian Li PC-A71F, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, CPU Intel Core i7-860, RAM 8 GB, Encoders 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250's, VideoCard PowerCooler AX4350, OS Windows 7 Pro, SageTV 6.6.2, SageTV Media Extender, SageTV Client, SageTV PlaceShifter, Sage Webserver.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
okay, so I've been using cayars 17 for a while now...and for the most part everything is great. But I have one nagging problem that has never worked for me. searching the forums over and over resulted in nothing. so here goes.
the "delete, watched, not like" option has never worked for me in the delete menu. hitting it does nothing at all. all the other options work fine. please help....the wife keeps asking me "why does that not do anything...."
so no one else has this issue?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have covered this before:

when in LiveTV Guide do not go into the Show Details screen. hit enter twice or hit OK on your remote twice. The first shouold open a preview screen on the top right the second should make it full screen.

Just make sure that under Video Menu Options -> Display video on menus is set to "If Active" or you could use "Always", but that would leave TV showing always...

You can get there by right clicking in the Guide itself or through Detailed Setup -> Multimedia -> Video Menu Options
Old 09-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
so no one else has this issue?
I have the same issue, never figured it out either. That issue being unable to click on Delete, Watched, Not Like
Old 09-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

You will not be able to delete a show that currently in use due to being checked for commercials. Use CTRL - ALT - DEL select comskip and end that task (for each listing of comskip). Now try deleting it.

It would be nice to have a maintenance item that said, "Stop commercial check and delete unfinished commerical files". Better still would be to have the system stop commercial check on a file by default before deletion is attempted. If this can't be done how about stopping comskip, deleting unfinished commercial files, deleting file selected and restarting comskip each time that delete is selected?

I hope this helps!
Old 09-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellj
This problem can be fixed by going into Detail Setups > External Plugins, disable the External Video Player I think, or the unkown file extentions. I don't remember the options exactly as I don't use Cayars STV anymore after upgrading to 3.07 beta. I'm using nielm's Dynamic Menu Import instead.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncote0
You will not be able to delete a show that currently in use due to being checked for commercials. Use CTRL - ALT - DEL select comskip and end that task (for each listing of comskip). Now try deleting it.

It would be nice to have a maintenance item that said, "Stop commercial check and delete unfinished commerical files". Better still would be to have the system stop commercial check on a file by default before deletion is attempted. If this can't be done how about stopping comskip, deleting unfinished commercial files, deleting file selected and restarting comskip each time that delete is selected?

I hope this helps!
I am not using comskip so I doubt that is the issue. Also the other "delete" commands work just fine. Anyone know where the code for those options are? can it be checked to make sure it is doing the right thing?
Old 09-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This problem can be fixed by going into Detail Setups > External Plugins, disable the External Video Player I think, or the unkown file extentions.

yes deleting external video player would fix this issue. But unfortunately for me I have to use the external player as my entire DVD collection is in AVC (H.264) format and can not be played inside of Sage
Old 09-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
yes deleting external video player would fix this issue. But unfortunately for me I have to use the external player as my entire DVD collection is in AVC (H.264) format and can not be played inside of Sage
my response was for nellj, but of course if you use the external video player, then it is a problem indeed. It's weird that the external video player somehow affects the liveTV "Watch Now" command. I'm sure its something cayars can fix when and if he chooses to update his STV to 3.x compliant.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Kricker,

Does the directory that is home to your Sage recordings have any log files, txt files or any .cc?? files in it? If so, then some other process is running on your recordings. An active process on a recording will prevent it from being deleted.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Sage Icon

-doncote0
I'll check...and get back to you. But I still don't understand why if I choose any one of the other "delete" options other than "delete,watched, not like" it works.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Sage Icon

nope, not any extra txt files or log files or cc files.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Question

Kricker, I'll have to admit--I don't use "Delete, Watched, Not Like". However, I think that I selected it once by accident, and it did not work. Maybe you found a problem with a feature that most people hardly use. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I am out of ideas for now.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Sage Icon

well crap! Thanks anyways.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
What encoder/decoder/player you use to convert DVDs to AVC (H.264)?
Old 09-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Sage Icon

Hi zingalala

Let me be the first to welcome you to the Sage forum.

Quote:
What encoder/decoder/player you use to convert DVDs to AVC (H.264)?
I encode using Nero's Recode (Latest version) to encode and ShowTime for decode/playback. I have been looking into x.264 and others but they do not seem to be mature enough and definitely not as easy to use as Recode.

I use Cayar's to launch Nero's Showtime to play and decode them. Using Cayar's STV with Sage allows seamless control over playing media files that Sage will not natively play.
I also have a decent remote setup using the 45 button Hauppauge remote that lets me control Sage and ShowTime from one place.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Sage User

I've recently been using Jere's Show Analyzer, and one really cool feature is that it will detect commercials as you're watching a show (live detection). If you're watching a show 10 or 15 minutes delayed, it will mark the commercials before you get to them. The problem, however, is that Cayers STV does not automatically re-read the txt file, so it only knows about commercials that were marked at the time that playback started. I periodically go to the details menu and then select "Watch Now", and this updates the commercials in time bar. However, it would be nice if the STV updated automatically.

That seems like it should be a relatively easy fix. Does anyone have the ability to make a modification like that? Just thought I'd ask.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Sage Icon

I am using Cayars 17 with Sage 2.2.8 and zoomplayer as an external player and it works great.
I then tried to use zoomplayer to work with the external DVD feature using the following syntax:
Quote:
"C:\Program Files\zoom player\zplayer.exe" /Device\VD /fullscreen
But it does not call up the DVD. It will open zoomplayer but not play the dvd. If I hit play, the last played media file will start instead of the DVD. Any ideas why?

: D without the space in the syntax line displays that emoticon...