SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac

: D without the space in the syntax line displays that emoticon...
If you use the "code" tag it doesn't. Its the little # sign in the bar.

Code:
"C:\Program Files\zoom player\zplayer.exe" /Device\:DVD /fullscreen
Old 10-10-2005, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrowe
If you use the "code" tag it doesn't. Its the little # sign in the bar.
... or click the 'disable smilies in text' in additional options :D
Old 10-10-2005, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

The command should be "C:\Program Files\zoom player\zplayer.exe" /DVD /PLAY /Fullscreen

Make sure the option is set that the playlist is cleared. Otherwise it will play the item in the playlist which is the last item you played.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 10-10-2005 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Oh...my...god. 182 page thread = unable to find anything .

I was wondering if there was an optional way to either turn off the autodelete menu that appears after watching a show or to have it also have options that are 'save and mark as liked, save and mark as dislike' etc.

Also, is there a means to have multiple filters on a custom guide (like say, SciFi that is a movie, or Action that is not a movie, etc.)? Or add in channel filters?

One more too...can I set it so mlbdudes movie view always shows the genre's on the left side? I prefer scanning that way. I can set it in the esc menu but when I go back to that screen, its back the old way.

TIA. This is an AMAZING setup, I must say. (BTW, using sage 2.2 and the 1.7 version of the STV) Great work!

edits - I keep finding new questions. Sorry for so many I love this thing.

Last edited by Necro; 10-12-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Sage Icon

Thanx GPLASKY, that worked great.

I have one more question for anybody using zoom player with Nero AVC files. How do I get subtitles to work correctly? I have ffdshow installed for zoom to play the video and set the subtitles option to enabled, then sometimes the subs show and sometimes they won't. But if they do show I can't turn them off unless I disable subs in ffdshow.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggerm
AOh - just noticed - when I have a video window present on the menus, my menu items and labels seem to have some odd artifacts. It looks like I can see the bounding boxes that Studio uses for the items, and a diagonal line crossing through them in the background. Additionally, when scrolling the menu while video is present the menu structure seems to go through a quick redraw (quick quick flicker). When there is no video playing in a window, these artifacts and the redraw is not present. I am using OVERLAY as my method for video presentation, and I selected the Sonic MPEG2 video/audio decoders to work with all my MPEG2's.
-Greg
I'm encountering the same problem. I use VRM9 and it only appears when you have video on the screen (ie you have tv in a window or set as the background) If you set it overlay, it doesn't happen, but you also dont get video on the screen at the same time as the menu. If you disable video playback when you are a in menu, it doesn't happen regardless of rendering mode. This doesn't happen with the default skin however. Any ideas?
Old 10-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Sage Icon

Question Cayers Ultimate Question - I'm New To This STV

OK, I'm really diggin' Cayers Ultimate STV 18e for Sage 2.2.8! It does seems to have "everything" as I have read about ....

I noticed one odd thing though ... The ability to Import Modules, a new function to 2.2.x appears to have been removed?? Is is just disabled and can be re-enabled some way or is it removed by design?? It worked fine before setting up Cayers STV .... If it was meant to be removed, does anyone know why? It seems like you would want the ability to extend Sage further ... No??

Thanks, Tt.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
OK, I'm really diggin' Cayers Ultimate STV 18e for Sage 2.2.8! It does seems to have "everything" as I have read about ....

I noticed one odd thing though ... The ability to Import Modules, a new function to 2.2.x appears to have been removed?? Is is just disabled and can be re-enabled some way or is it removed by design?? It worked fine before setting up Cayers STV .... If it was meant to be removed, does anyone know why? It seems like you would want the ability to extend Sage further ... No??

Thanks, Tt.
It was turned off because when Cayars released this version he basically had everything added all ready. Somewhere someone re-enabled the imports on this version, I can't find the link in a quick search, but I'm sure if you dig around you can find it.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
It was turned off because when Cayars released this version he basically had everything added all ready. Somewhere someone re-enabled the imports on this version, I can't find the link in a quick search, but I'm sure if you dig around you can find it.

Thanks! I'll search around ... BTW, I downloaded your manual! Great job...
Old 10-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Sage Icon

This is the thread where nielm posted 18TestE with imports enabled.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...77&postcount=7
Old 10-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
This is the thread where nielm posted 18TestE with imports enabled.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...77&postcount=7
Awesome! Thanks ToxMox ... Now this seriously makes it the Ultimate Ultimate STV and add some of Nielm's modules!

T.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I totally forgot about the card Tox, sorry about that. In the scheme of things around the house it hasn't been given much thought. Give me a couple of days and I'll hook up with you to get it back to you.

Carlo
Well it is now 3 months later (well over a couple of days) and still no word. I know Carlo is rather active on other forums which I won't bother mentioning.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

I know he's been busy with his project:

http://tcw.net/

Though I haven't talked with him for some time now. Next time I see him on IM, I'll see how he's doing.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

How do we make it work

I was able to download all the 3 pieces mentioned.

how do I get them to work with my Sage component

thanks
craig
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 10-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Sage Icon

I was just wondering if anybody else is having any luck with the WATCH NOW button while External Video Player is enabled? I just tried 18E and can not get it to open any of my Imported videos in the external player. Seems to be broken from 17a on. I was really hoping that 18E would have this fixed

Anybody else reccomend a better STV that has good external player capabilities and the ability to use .my files?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
turn off xml file creation

Is there a way to turn off the xml file creation or at least have Sage delete the xml file that cayars 18e creates for a show? I thought this was mentioned before but searching the thread got me nothing.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Sage User

i just did a fresh install + 18E and the watch now doesnt work without hitting record first. its like it wont stop recording the current so it can change
Old 10-30-2005, 07:49 PM
Sage Icon

Lightbulb Novel Idea ...

It sure world be great if someone (i.e. Developer) adopted this STV! I understand new features are probably out since Sage 3.0 will make it less desirable, but at least to fix the existing bugs would be great. Some of us will be using 2.2.8 for a while.

Just a thought ... T.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by night
i just did a fresh install + 18E and the watch now doesnt work without hitting record first. its like it wont stop recording the current so it can change
Could be the known problem related to the External Video Player. In the Detailed Settings / External Menu, disable the External Video Player, and the Watch Now should work. Of course if you need the external player, then you are screwed unless someone willing to fix the bugs in this STV.

MM

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:13 PM
Sage User

ty, much better now.
maybe ill get around to setting my htpc up and leaving it permanent