SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Sage Icon

When dropping the files in I had to restart Sage each time to see it take effect. I think otherwise it kind of caches the file.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbrown
They do work as the manual says in Original2STV for me as well. They do not work with this STV version E while in folder view, but do work in List view. I have tried placing folder.jpg at both locations and restarting Sage:

e:/dvd/movie title/folder.jpg
and
e:/dvd/movie title/video_ts/folder.jpg

Opus, do these work for you using the Cayars STV?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkimmell
These are the directions I followed to get it to work in the OriginalV2.STV and they work for it and several other STVs I have tried. I double checked and it still works fine in the originalv2 and malore21. But not in cayarsv21e
Sorry -- I use my own STV (MalDude), which is based on malore21. I guess I hadn't been paying close enough attention to realize the Video Library was changed in this STV, so I thought it was still using the built-in thumbnail display capability of the default STV. Because of all the menu customizations in this STV, I now don't even know whether you are using the default Video Library that has been modified or some other Video Library that doesn't use the default's method of displaying thumbnails. I've been trying to stay out of discussions of the customized screens here, but I suppose I stepped into one w/o realizing it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
When dropping the files in I had to restart Sage each time to see it take effect. I think otherwise it kind of caches the file.
Ya, I know, so I had closed Sage first before moving one of your files over and renaming it. In fact, I always shut down Sage before I ever mess with changing anything just to make sure it loads everything clean.

Anyway, don't know what's not working with the transparency. As I said I'm only running at 640 x 480 so it shouldn't take diddly to fill that space on my TV.

BTW: 640 x 480 is the only logical resolution to be outputting to an SDTV and thats already twice of what a broadcast NTSC signal really provides.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Sage Icon

I see what you are saying mls about it not going all the way to the bottom of the options popup as well. Another funny thing is that there appears to be a blue transparent background underneath the semi-transparent overlay that I can see in that empty space at the bottom there.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Sage Icon

Actually you really want to run your screen resolution at 720 x 480 if at all possible. 640 x 480 isn't a "TV" resolution but a computer monitor resolution.

I'm going to dive into the library thumbnail issue. I'm going to kill off my original stv file and do a "repair" to make sure I'm working with virgin code and not something I might have messed up without knowing it.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Sage Icon

Just to clarify. I'm now getting the same exact results as mls is getting with the semi transparent stuff. Using my 1600x1200 file the semi-transparent works fine except that it doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the options popup window.
Carlo, if it looks messed up to you have you tried disabling 3D acceleration? Once I did that it looked normal. Well that was an adventure Now I'm going back to VMR9 land.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

A while back I had asked of Cayars could add an option to remove the line for "Com. Auto Skip: Disabled" from the Options pop-up (since I'll never be using it, no reason to have it there to mess with). I didn't see anything from his end if it would be possable to have a setting to turn that line on/off. Anyway...

I have a sneaking suspicion that without that extra line things would work out for the transparency. Although that would be fine for me, it still wouldn't solve the problem for those that want that extra option on the list.

Oh, and yes I do see there is another transparent blue layer down in that bottom section. I wonder if maybe he's got to things accidently layered over each other? The top part covers the white boarder lines, but the small section in the bottom is inside the white lines (which might be the way the whole thing should be?).
Old 11-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Something else that's not fixed. If I go into "Video Library (Current Recordings)", on the TV Recordings screen that displays I have several shows that are listed in folders. If I hit OK on my Hauppauge remote to select that folder, and then hit OK on one of the shows within that list... it still won't play it. Have to hit Info and then select Watch.

Thought this was listed as one of the things that was fixed, but apparently it is not.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Sage Icon

Something strange has begun to happen to me and I'm not sure if it is a comskip problem/sage problem/ or stv related issue. I've been quitting out of Sage a decent amount tonight while leaving the service running and I couldn't get Sage to start again. I would double click the icon and the hour glass would come on for a split second and nothing would happen. Not showing up in task manager or anything. Then I noticed that comskip was running. Once I ended the comskip task I could run Sage again. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Cayars -

Your idea for the extra settings for the mini-guide sounds great! That would pretty much cover just about anyway someone might want it to work. Glad you can work that all in somehow (wish I could get my hands on Studio to play with).

As for the semi-transparent stuff, I saw you were trying to get some help with that, but thought you had gotten that all worked out already. So, OK, we know it's in the works.

Otherwise you've made one super fantastic STV. Now waiting for it to become final before I go hacking up the menu.xml to my own liking.
I'm not sure it'll every be "final" as to me that implies "dead" I'll probably be adding to it for some time if I can keep thinking of things to add.

For the most part once all the little "bugs" are worked out on this version "E" it will probably have 99%+ of everything most people would ever want except for a different look like "MCE".

I doubt I'll be making any drastic changes to the menu.xml file much any more. Any changes as this point will be due to a new module or something of that nature which I don't see in the near future. It's just a text file so if I happen to mention a new feature is added it's pretty easy to "snag" that from one file and copy it into another.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Just to clarify. I'm now getting the same exact results as mls is getting with the semi transparent stuff. Using my 1600x1200 file the semi-transparent works fine except that it doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the options popup window.
Carlo, if it looks messed up to you have you tried disabling 3D acceleration? Once I did that it looked normal. Well that was an adventure Now I'm going back to VMR9 land.
Turning off 3D made all the difference in the world with your files. I wonder why I CAN run 3D with the smaller one but not with yours? It must have something to do with the way studio handles this.

With your larger matte file I found an "anchor" problem on the options window graphic file which never showed up before Options window now works fine too.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbrown
They do work as the manual says in Original2STV for me as well. They do not work with this STV version E while in folder view, but do work in List view. I have tried placing folder.jpg at both locations and restarting Sage:

e:/dvd/movie title/folder.jpg
and
e:/dvd/movie title/video_ts/folder.jpg

Opus, do these work for you using the Cayars STV?
Well the work for me on my STV NOW I had somehow messed up one line of code when adding the sorting options to the library. Fixed the line of code and now all is well with library thumbnails. This will be in the next patch release.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Well, looks like a few things got narrow down here anyway. So, now what's the deal with not being able to directly select/play videos from the Recordings menu when there're in a group folder? Used to work up thru version C, then broke somewhere in D, and still broke in E (even though I thought it says it was fixed).
Old 11-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Well, looks like a few things got narrow down here anyway. So, now what's the deal with not being able to directly select/play videos from the Recordings menu when there're in a group folder? Used to work up thru version C, then broke somewhere in D, and still broke in E (even though I thought it says it was fixed).
I'm not having any issue with this at all. I just did a quick test grouped by "Channel" using "Not Archived" (traditional code) and then using "Channel" and "All". I go the File Details screen and was able to click the watch now button and the files played.

Can you give me more to go on to duplicate your problem? Anybody, else having a problem and maybe help me reproduce this?

EDIT: I think I know what you're talking about. You can't SELECT the file. I normally don't do it that way so I never tested this. Until I provide a fix do a RIGHT ARROW and then select WATCH NOW.

Last edited by Cayars; 11-08-2004 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Yes, if you do it with a mouse you end up with File Details screen to select Watch, but from a remote it should play directly when selecting a file and not need to hit the Info button to get to that other screen.

Worked back in rev. C, but not after.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Also, if you set it to Group by Title so there are some single shows and some shows in folders, the single ones will play directly when selected with the remote, but if you go into one of the folders, those will not and you need to hit the Info button to get to the Details screen and then select Watch.

No idea why/how this operated got changed after rev C since I don't think you were making any changes to this part of things. And it's only shows that are in a folder that are not working right.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:05 AM
Sage Icon

Yes, you are correct. At least for now you've got a work around. I've been looking at the code for 1.5 hours and can't figure out why the "select" event works for single files and not for the grouped files. It's on the ToDo list and it's what I'm working on.

The reason it got messed up is because of the new functionality I added. You can now view "Non Archived", "Archived" or "All" TV Recordings in one menu choice (selected with option button). This did make the code a little harder and my "select" event is probably being picked off somewhere else. This is not going to be fun tracking this one down.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

I rather like the Idea that only the first time you call the guide will be importatnt.
So are u saying first option (Cayars/MiniGuideAllwaysStartOnFirstChannel) would control the first time only, or how exactly?

also, can you do something about over extending the data in the miniGuide.
I have many shows with data that ranges out of miniguide size scopy (say 5 lines instead of 4). can u add a way (visual button + remote) to drill down on the extra lines.

Also since you have coded this yourself and not relied on the sage way of doing things, I wanted to ask If you could add RTL support in it.

My guide is in Hebrew (RTL), and in order to view anything in asge I reverse the hebrew line (so its reveresed in sage DB() asy: hello == olleh).

after that, the lines appear from bottom to top and so i have to read from buttom to top and i miss data since the miniguide is only so long.

If you could add RTL support that would be great.
I can promise you that if I had studio I wuold offer to help, I could code some of this.
But unfortunatly you are among the lucky ones, and I am not.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:39 AM
Sage Icon

I'll throw this on the ToDo list to check it out. No promises but I'll first check and see how support RTL.

The MiniGuideAllwaysStaartOnFirstChannel would be Enabled or Disabled type config setting. If Enabled every time you started the Mini-Guide assuming a first time in the Mini-Guide or after a timeout has occured (haven't used the mini-guide in 60 seconds) it would start on channel 2 (or your lowest channel). If Disabled it would start the guide on the same channel you are currently watching.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just an idea -
if RTL is NOT possible (hope it IS...), maybe a way to change font size or change the size of the mini guide as an interface option is the way to go.

BTW, as far as I know, your STV is the most popular here in Israel , supporting RTL will help us alot!