SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-25-2004, 09:38 PM
SageTVaholic

well if you could fix his to make it supported by your STV

you got me as an STV user

no one has attempted to support this yet and it would be nice to see it continued
since mlbdude has stopped work on it probably for good

and now apparently is making a MCE take off
Old 10-26-2004, 12:34 AM
Sage Expert

Found the Mlbdude Style Recordings menu

It is now called "SageRecordings w/ Categories by CSM - TEST." I would still like you to add it in as one of the ways to view the Sage Recordings Menu. This way I can map a remmote key to it.

BTW: nice job with the menu definitions built into the STV. That is really something else. Menu definition on the fly is a huge step forward. I would imagine its pretty easy to also add in a way to define the icon file (which, the name and the screen/command combined pretty much make up a menu). Keep up tthe good work
Old 10-26-2004, 01:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Will this stv not work for 2.0 users?
No -- the menu system uses new features in the 2.1 core (which is how you can right click and add new menu items including a list of internal screens at run-time)

Last edited by nielm; 10-26-2004 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:35 AM
Sage Icon

Well actually you can run it on 2.0 but a few things don't work correctly. I just discovered exactly what Nielm mentioned as well as a couple of other little things.

My development machine is 2.1 RC5 but my main machine is still running 2.0 as I haven't found a timeslot to upgrade it yet (going to today). So it does work but not all features are supported.

Carlo

PS: However if you are still on 2.0 I'd just run Nielm's STV as it still has a few features mine doesn't have.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
well if you could fix his to make it supported by your STV

you got me as an STV user

no one has attempted to support this yet and it would be nice to see it continued
since mlbdude has stopped work on it probably for good

and now apparently is making a MCE take off
The COOL new menus are completely NIELM's WORK. I didn't have a nickel in it. He made it very, very, easy to incorporate!
Old 10-26-2004, 06:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

Cayars -

I tried your new STV and find it very interesting. I didn't make any changes (yet), but just using it the way it installed... When I went to "View Upcoming Recording Schedule" it show a list of things that I really didn't know what they were there for. I then took a look under "Viewing History". Things looked about right there. Then I went back to take a look at that stuff in Upcoming Recording Schedule again and it displayed the Viewing History page.

Is this happening because I got a bunch of other previous STV's installed that may have odd settings, or is this a bug in your STV ?
Old 10-26-2004, 09:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

setup menu problem

i just installed this STV ontop of 2.1.8 rc5 and i am getting some internal screen not found errors. specifically the setup menu and the music library menu

Last edited by sting7777; 10-26-2004 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK - i tried a clean install of sage 2.1.8 rc5 and then installing your STV.

When loading i now get a "Failed to load XML menu file" it references line 2 with something about external entity not found file:c/progfiles/frey/sagetv/sagemenu.dtd"

any ideas?
Old 10-26-2004, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting7777
When loading i now get a "Failed to load XML menu file" it references line 2 with something about external entity not found file:c/progfiles/frey/sagetv/sagemenu.dtd"
you are missing the file 'SageMenu.dtd'
(the file is also available in the zipfile in my dynamic menu importable module -- put it in your SageTV dir)
Old 10-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Sage Icon

Oops, I think I missed that file in the ZIP file I created. I'll add this for the update I'm posting later today.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Cayars -

I tried your new STV and find it very interesting. I didn't make any changes (yet), but just using it the way it installed... When I went to "View Upcoming Recording Schedule" it show a list of things that I really didn't know what they were there for. I then took a look under "Viewing History". Things looked about right there. Then I went back to take a look at that stuff in Upcoming Recording Schedule again and it displayed the Viewing History page.

Is this happening because I got a bunch of other previous STV's installed that may have odd settings, or is this a bug in your STV ?
Maybe the name I used in the MENU.XML file wasn't the best name. This option actually shows a lot of information. Do a right mouse button click inside this screen and it may start to make more sense what this "module" does.

Good catch on the wrong screen being displayed after using the "Viewing History" thing. I already fixed this for the next release.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Oops, I think I missed that file in the ZIP file I created. I'll add this for the update I'm posting later today.
glad im not losing it

also - it seems like the local weather module doesnt work out of the box either - an other missing file?

I know i can get this stuff to work by mixing and matching - but the all-in-one aspect of your STV is waht brought me here
Old 10-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

also - last question - will nielm's disk space indicator come with the main install - or will that always be a separate install?
Old 10-26-2004, 01:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

also - couple of bugs I noticed:

the back arrow isnt consistently there next to the Sage logo on all of the media libraries
no way to get out of the RSS news feeds (at least for me with the keyboard/mouse)
spelling of premiers(premieres) is inconsistent
all guides are titled Guide3

love this stv btw
Old 10-26-2004, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

To get the LOCAL WEATHER to work you need to setup a zipcode in Enhancement 1 found in Detailed Setup. You shouldn't need to do anything outside of this.

BTW, does the Weather Suite menu item work?

Quote:
glad im not losing it

also - it seems like the local weather module doesnt work out of the box either - an other missing file?

I know i can get this stuff to work by mixing and matching - but the all-in-one aspect of your STV is waht brought me here
Old 10-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Sage Icon

I couldn't get local weather to work until I installed the mlbdude2 stv. I was getting an error about some file missing but I couldn't see the name as it ran off the screen. As soon as I unzipped the mlbdude2 stv files then Local Weather was happy.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
also - couple of bugs I noticed:

the back arrow isnt consistently there next to the Sage logo on all of the media libraries
no way to get out of the RSS news feeds (at least for me with the keyboard/mouse)
spelling of premiers(premieres) is inconsistent
all guides are titled Guide3

love this stv btw
Yes, I've noticed the arrow not being there on a few of the pages also. This is the way it was in the STVs I took the code from. I'll take a look at this down the road to see what I might be able to do with them.

You should be able to left arrow out of just about every menu except for the IMDB screens which require an enter key on the back button. These work for me anyway.

I changed the wording to "Premiers" everywhere.
I also fixed the Custom Guide issue.

Carlo
Old 10-26-2004, 02:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Maybe the name I used in the MENU.XML file wasn't the best name. This option actually shows a lot of information. Do a right mouse button click inside this screen and it may start to make more sense what this "module" does.
Well, I took another look at what it lists on the "View Upcoming Recording Schedule" screen. It seems to list every show I'd never want to watch, and has nothing at all to do with any shows that are scheduled to record (or ever were recorded). So, I haven't got a clue what it is supposed to be used for.

Took a look at the options (right mouse click as you mentioned). That lists various set all and clear all options, but I don't have any idea why I'd want to change settings on shows that I don't even care about to start with?

Ya got me stumped on what that screen is for
Old 10-26-2004, 02:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I changed the wording to "Premiers" everywhere.
If you want to be accurate it should be "Premieres" everywhere.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

cool - never tried the obvioous arrow (was using backspace and esc which work on some screens)

I will install the local weather part from another STV

anyone ever come up witha better sleep icon? I dont know what batteries and plugs have to do with napping...