SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-09-2004, 04:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Cayars, I don't wanna thread-jack here, but how difficult would it be to make a 2.0 version of your STV? Sage 2.1 is completely unusable to me because I can't get my e-home to work, and half the time I try it again, my PVR250 doesn't work either. I am currently using Neilm's 1.8, but I'd really like to take advantage of some of the features you're offering. Thoughts?
Old 11-09-2004, 05:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Toy mox I have had the comskip sto sge from restaring also thought something was messed up in sage even reinstalled sage. to no avail comskip had the prossesor at 100% stopped comskip service everything was fine again.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:46 AM
Sage Icon

Endymion, there is NO chance I'll even attempt a 2.0 version of this Way to much of it uses newer 2.1 functions to even consider it.

I'd suggest just staying with Nielm's until you are able to get 2.1x to run. There are a few people having problems with 2.1 and Frey is working on this. BTW, have you tried a clean install (ie. un-installing SageTV and manually renaming the Program Files->Frey Directory and doing a re-install? I had to do this on my main SageTV machine as some of the setting I already had setup didn't like 2.1 and cause sporatic tuner problems and no use of my PVR-250s. After installing in this manner and getting my properties set back up through Detailed Setup I was able to copy my old Wiz.bin file back into this "new" directory and everything has worked very well since.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Cayars - when watching live TV or a prerecorded show, if you go to the options menu and then select the main menu while the show is still playing, you can't get rid of the menu by clicking left on the remote. Only way I've been able to get back to the show is to select what I'm watching again (either from the live TV guide or the recording list). Any chance you could make the main menu disappear when you click left on the remote and there's a show playing in the background?

Also, on the recording list (two-pane horizontal), would it be possible to provide an option to show the date/time each show was recorded rather than the channel logo in the list of shows?
Old 11-09-2004, 07:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolah
Hey Cayars - when watching live TV or a prerecorded show, if you go to the options menu and then select the main menu while the show is still playing, you can't get rid of the menu by clicking left on the remote. Only way I've been able to get back to the show is to select what I'm watching again (either from the live TV guide or the recording list). Any chance you could make the main menu disappear when you click left on the remote and there's a show playing in the background?
I'm not sure if I directly changed this or this functionality was changed due to the use of the dynamic menu code. I'll take a look at it and see what I can do with it.

Quote:
Also, on the recording list (two-pane horizontal), would it be possible to provide an option to show the date/time each show was recorded rather than the channel logo in the list of shows?
I took a look and this one. It's probably doable but it's a trade off as to which to show (Date versus Channel info). It would have to be a pick one or the other type thing. I'm not a fan of this view myself and never use it. I therefore also haven't added all the mods I did to the normal view to this one. I've found that using the normal "default" recording shortcut to be just as effective as this view with much more "bells and whistles". I'll add this to the wishlist for changes made to this section of code IF I ever do any to this code.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:35 AM

When using your STV, whenver I go to add/remove channels, it hangs/crashes.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolah
I almost forgot, there was an issue that was very hard to work around. When ever you're back to the main menu just select the first choice "View TV" and this takes you back to what ever video you were watching. If no video was being watched it will go straight to TV mode using your tuner.

This ended up being pretty easy to do. This is now fixed in the upcoming version.

Last edited by Cayars; 11-09-2004 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Goose
Bummer, I'll check on this. Until I have a chance to take a look at this and fix it if needed just switch back to the original STV to make any channel changes. BTW, let me know if you have any issues with the original stv file in this respect.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a possibility to add mouse buttons to the guide1,guide2,guide3 guides.
for where we select a program, with the keyboard I can click right and get the options, but with mouse only i can only select it.

I would like something like in the regular guide
Thanks
Old 11-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Sage Icon

I'm really trying hard to avoid making changes to anything Malore or Mlbdude has done in the event they upgrade their code I can easily migrate it. I won't promise anything but I'll see what the code looks like to do this.

I think this would be pretty easy to do BUT I'm sure most other users won't like this change as it will STOP them from setting "quick" records for a show. I know myself that I can cruise through the list and setup a bunch of show to record quite quickly with the present functionality and this would change with your request.

I just played with it while typing this, so I do see the problem with using only a mouse here. I'll see if I can come up with something.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Goose
Testing this with version "E" I didn't have any problems. I tried it from a Client and from the Server. I'm assuming when you say adding or removing channels you're talking about adding or removing the "GREEN" dot in front of the channel?

Can anyone else confirm if this works or not for them???
Old 11-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I'm really trying hard to avoid making changes to anything Malore or Mlbdude has done in the event they upgrade their code I can easily migrate it. I won't promise anything but I'll see what the code looks like to do this.

I think this would be pretty easy to do BUT I'm sure most other users won't like this change as it will STOP them from setting "quick" records for a show. I know myself that I can cruise through the list and setup a bunch of show to record quite quickly with the present functionality and this would change with your request.

I just played with it while typing this, so I do see the problem with using only a mouse here. I'll see if I can come up with something.
What I meant is simply to add a right button icon so that if i click it and the name is highlighted, the only action will mimic the right key button, like the keyboard, but for a mouse.This will open the info section.

I did not in any way suggest that you change the functinality, I do see it as very good, but would like to improve it for the mouse experience.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Sage Icon

Man did I over "think" that one out. Yes this should not be to hard to do and I'll add it on the list for "F" and if possible into an "E" bug fix.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Sage User

Hello, I'm new to this STV. Cant seem to find this for this STV. Is There a way to sort by airdate? I have a library full of shows and it would make things easier if I could display them in order they were aired.

B'regards and thanks for a great STV!!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
BTW, have you tried a clean install (ie. un-installing SageTV and manually renaming the Program Files->Frey Directory and doing a re-install? I had to do this on my main SageTV machine as some of the setting I already had setup didn't like 2.1 and cause sporatic tuner problems and no use of my PVR-250s. After installing in this manner and getting my properties set back up through Detailed Setup I was able to copy my old Wiz.bin file back into this "new" directory and everything has worked very well since.

I have tried everything I can think of. The best results that I have had (PVR250 works fine, E-home is stuck on 1 channel) are with simply installing over 2.0. I went so far as to completely wipe the hard drive, reinstall XP w/ SP1, install newest drivers, install sage 2.1 clean (no wiz.bin copy), and no go. I also tried a clean install of SP2, clean install of SP1 with older drivers, clean install of SP2 with older drivers; installing only PVR250 ,E-home drivers, and vid drivers. Ummm.... let's see.... clean install of SP1, drivers, and 2.0 clean, setup 2.0 and then install 2.1 over it; same with SP2.... I'm completely at a loss. I also tried the reg tweaks that Narflex posted in another thread, no go. The only thing I have left to try at this point is the new e-home drivers I saw posted about on HardOCP yesterday.

Sigh....
Old 11-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Sage Icon

Or at a slight cost you could remove the E-home from the "server" and run it as a "network encoder" to the "server". This assumes you that everything would run correctly without the E-home configured on the server. Probably not worth doing unless you REALLY want to move to 2.1.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake0
Hello, I'm new to this STV. Cant seem to find this for this STV. Is There a way to sort by airdate? I have a library full of shows and it would make things easier if I could display them in order they were aired.

B'regards and thanks for a great STV!!!!
I'm going to take a stab at this and I could be wrong in this assumption. You can sort your recordings by "Newest" or "Oldest". If you assume that you recorded the show on the airdate then I would think this is what the result of this sort would be.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Sage User

Hey Cayers
Old 11-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Sage User

sorry about that....
I've recorded Third Watch midway thorugh season 3 and just set Sage to record all repeats and new ones. I now have all season (over 100 eps) and have been watching them in order under MBDude's STV (alows for sort order of air date). Under yours it sorts by the recording dates not original air date by newest or oldest.

Any idea how to get this in the correct order?
Old 11-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Sage Icon

In the "default" recording schedule there just isn't a way at present but I guess I just got another ToDo list item