SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-11-2004, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Presently looking for:
A good DVD burner tool that can be called from the command line (should be able to auto generate a menu system for the files based on a pre-created theme.
I'm sure you saw this or already knew about it but just in case... Have you looked at DVDauthor? It does everything you mentioned except the actual burning. It was used by CyberVillian in his MPEG2DVD plugin for myHTPC. The actual buring of the DVD file structure can be done by DVDdecrypter(if you first use mkisofs to make the file structure into an ISO) or ImgTool(However the version of ImgTool that can skip the ISO creation stage uses the Nero API, so the user needs to own Nero or at least have the trial(which burns at lowest speed after the trial expires). You could also use CopytoDVD(payware but good) to go straight from the DVDauthor created file structure to DVD. This whole subject was just recently brought up in this SageTV thread. Sorry If I've just gone over things you already knew, but this is something I'd love to see done. Unfortunately it's beyond my skill level. If I my can ever help you with DVD burner into a STV, let me know and you can pick my brian for what little knowledge I have.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Another bug... The disk space indicator in the upper left corner displays 2GB more then the center one. The center on is correct.

EDIT: Not sure why, but after several hours both now show the same.

Last edited by mls; 11-12-2004 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:33 AM
Sage Expert

Hmm. It doesn't seem like my last post was posted.

I don't think the Background Commercial Processing is working. I know that you changed it (to lauraglenn's method I believe) so maybe its working in a different way. Before, if I slept sage for 3 hours, I could come back to it and see that most all of my shows had been processed. Today, I've had Sage asleep multiple times at longer than hour stretches and it hasnt' background processed once. I will see if it catches any shows overnight. I have Background Commercial Processing Enabled and everything else enabled except for Processing while Awake.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:12 AM
Sage Expert

mlbdude/weather_url=http\://www.weatherroom.com/xml/ext/

Note the back-slash after "http". Does that belong there? It is shown that way in the documentation in the first post containing the installation instructions. I tried deleting it in all the dot properties files but "Local Weather" still does not work. Also, Sage puts the back-slash back again after I have removed it. The code wants it there but seems to me to be a code typo.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 11-12-2004 at 02:16 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:02 AM
Sage User

Feature request

Since this STV seems to include "everything including the kitchen sink", I'd like to put in a request for MAME support as referenced in this thread:

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=5276

I know it might be possible to do this using the menu customization features, but since it's already in the OriginalV2 STV, it seems like it should be easy to implement in the same way.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengdahl
Since this STV seems to include "everything including the kitchen sink", I'd like to put in a request for MAME support as referenced in this thread:
In the main menu (or any sub menu):
  • right click
  • add new menu item
  • internal screen
  • select Arcade Games - TEST
  • enter a menu item description
  • check that it works
  • back in the menu, right-click
  • save menu definition file.
(note I don't use mame, so I was unable to fully test it)
Quote:
it seems like it should be easy to implement in the same way.
not really -- the custom menus replace all the original menus, so the ui/show_mame_menu=true item has no effect.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA
Note the back-slash after "http". Does that belong there?
yes -- notice that all the other properties file lines that contain ':' '=' or '\' are escaped with a '\'...
I no longer use local weather, but you may want to check that the weather retriever (weather_exe in the propeties file) is working outside of Sage and is generating a weather.txt file
Old 11-12-2004, 05:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Carlo,

I found a couple of bugs last night:

1. While recording ER, I selected "Rescan Media Library". On the "confirm" page, Sage suddenly started playing ER, even though I wasn't playing the file. I'm not sure if this is only reproducable during a recording or if it always starts playback on this page, but it shouldn't start playback in any case.

2. This may be STV related or may be core related. My wife was watching LiveTV on the MVP client (loaded onto the same PC as the server), and I was watching a ripped DVD on the server. I pressed stop on the ripped DVD and the main Sage UI froze up on me and went black. I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL, kill the SageTV process and restart it.

The first bug is almost definitely STV related, but the 2nd may or may not be.

Thanks for your hard work!
Old 11-12-2004, 05:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Another bug... The disk space indicator in the upper left corner displays 2GB more then the center one. The center on is correct.

EDIT: Not sure why, but after several hours both now show the same.
This could be the two have different options set, or it could be that they ran the calculation routine at different times.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Hmm. It doesn't seem like my last post was posted.

I don't think the Background Commercial Processing is working. I know that you changed it (to lauraglenn's method I believe) so maybe its working in a different way. Before, if I slept sage for 3 hours, I could come back to it and see that most all of my shows had been processed. Today, I've had Sage asleep multiple times at longer than hour stretches and it hasnt' background processed once. I will see if it catches any shows overnight. I have Background Commercial Processing Enabled and everything else enabled except for Processing while Awake.
I think I've noticed this too after I released "F". I'm pretty sure it works correctly if you select a single file manually. I also think I broke (not sure yet) the OSD Auto Commercial Skip which I need to look at. I've made extensive changes to the OSD and probably broke a couple of "hooks" a long the way which should be pretty easy to fix.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:59 AM
Sage Icon

Even though I didn't respond to each message, I've logged the "F" issues so far up to this point. I'll more then likely handle these as a patch to the "F" version. I'm not going to have any time to work on this today and I may not have much time tomorrow so these "may" take a couple of days to get to, depending on how hard they are to fix.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:22 AM
Sage Icon

Schedule changed since I posted the message that I might not have time to work on these for a couple of days. Anyway, I've fixed the TV Recording listings so that a "select" plays the movie while a "right" brings up the details menu. This should work with categories or without categories.

I've also fixed the "Refresh Media Library" page so that it only plays videos if they are active. It doesn't "auto-start" them by itself anymore which could have caused other problems.

I noticed that comskip started working on it's own as I was working on the code above, so it appears that the ComSkip routines are working automatically. I was also wrong about the auto commercial advance in the OSD as it did correctly jump over the commercials (I had it turned off in my settings).

I'll hold off releasing this fix until later today in case some other bugs are discovered and I can get them in the fixed release too.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:37 AM
Sage Icon

I've had issues as well with comskip in the last few releases. I haven't tried F yet in production so I don't know if it is fixed but I had/have the same issue as abasu.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Sage Expert

nielm:

Thanks. I thought I knew the proper use of the back-slash in literal use (double back-slash) but need to revise my knowledge.

Running "GetWeatherJava.exe" from within Sage by opening the "Local Weather" screen will display "Loading..." for a period of time and will then display the following tags w/o values:

Current Temp:
Wind:
Sunrise:
Sunset:

The "Weather.txt" file that values are returned to will populate with the variable names but devoid of values. Following is cut and paste from "Weather .txt":

curr_location=
curr_recorded_at=
curr_updated=
curr_conditions=
curr_visibilit=
curr_temp=
curr_humidity=
curr_wind=
curr_barometer=
curr_dewpoint=
curr_heatindex=
curr_windchill=
curr_sunrise=
curr_sunset=
curr_moonphase=

Deleting the contents of the file "Weather.txt" will repopulate with the variables sans any values when "GetWeatherJava.exe" is called from Sage or run directly from the command line.

Next, I was examining the file "getWeather2.java". I am not sure if "GetWeatherJava.exe" uses this file but have found some discrepency. Following is a section of script from "getWeather2.java":

out.println("curr_location=" + getXML(doc, "Location", "Current"));
out.println("curr_recorded_at=" + getXML(doc, "RecordedAt", "Current"));
out.println("curr_updated=" + getXML(doc, "Updated", "Current"));
out.println("curr_conditions=" + getXML(doc, "Conditions", "Current"));
out.println("curr_visibilit=" + getXML(doc, "Visibility", "Current"));
out.println("curr_temp=" + getXML(doc, "Temp", "Current"));
out.println("curr_humidity=" + getXML(doc, "Humidity", "Current"));
out.println("curr_wind=" + getXML(doc, "Barometer", "Current"));
out.println("curr_dewpoint=" + getXML(doc, "Dewpoint", "Current"));
out.println("curr_heatindex=" + getXML(doc, "HeatIndex", "Current"));
out.println("curr_windchill=" + getXML(doc, "WindChill", "Current"));
out.println("curr_sunrise=" + getXML(doc, "Sunrise", "Current"));
out.println("curr_sunset=" + getXML(doc, "Sunset", "Current"));
out.println("curr_moonphase=" + getXML(doc, "MoonPhase", "Current"));

Note that "curr_wind=" is set to the "Barometer" variable from WeatherRoom.com and that a "curr_barometer" variable line items does not exist. It seems that it should look like this:

out.println("curr_location=" + getXML(doc, "Location", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));
out.println("curr_recorded_at=" + getXML(doc, "RecordedAt", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));
out.println("curr_updated=" + getXML(doc, "Updated", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));
out.println("curr_conditions=" + getXML(doc, "Conditions", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));
out.println("curr_visibility=" + getXML(doc, "Visibility", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));
out.println("curr_temp=" + getXML(doc, "Temp", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));
out.println("curr_humidity=" + getXML(doc, "Humidity", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));
out.println("curr_wind=" + getXML(doc, "Wind", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));
out.println("curr_barometer=" + getXML(doc, "Barometer", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));
out.println("curr_dewpoint=" + getXML(doc, "Dewpoint", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));
out.println("curr_heatindex=" + getXML(doc, "HeatIndex", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));
out.println("curr_windchill=" + getXML(doc, "WindChill", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));
out.println("curr_sunrise=" + getXML(doc, "Sunrise", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));
out.println("curr_sunset=" + getXML(doc, "Sunset", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));
out.println("curr_moonphase=" + getXML(doc, "MoonPhase", "Current", "WeatherFeed"));

Also, not the additon of "WeatherFeed" to the field.

Finally, the variable name "curr_visibilit" looks suspicious as opposed to "curr_visibility" but does not matter as long as Sage object in screen is defined same. The variable in "Weather.txt" appears as "curr_visibilit" as well. Since "curr_barometer=" (sans any value) is returned to "Weather.txt", I assume the scripts in "getWeather2.java" are not in use.

When using the browser and using URL [http://www.weatherroom.com/xml/ext/93312], the variables and values are returned in the document and seems to be OK from the site.

Sorry for all the minutia but just trying to figure where things are breaking down.

Regards,
Dane

Last edited by DFA; 11-12-2004 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have a few more suggestions, maybe they are implemented but I don't know about them:

1. I know sage has an inteligent agent that can sort out problems with recordings, by switching to other recordings with the same episode, but when I enable, Inteligent recordings, it starts recording what ever it wants, and I dont like that.

Is there a way to tell sage just to salove all the recording issues and not start thinking about other stuff??

2. I do many backups of series dl'd from the web, i burn them to a dvd drive, is there a way to add a menu that will be refreshable when i want it, so i can view the prog's from disk, I need a refresh button so i don't have to go outside the scope of the menu, and this is not part of the overall video directory, it's just there when i need it.

3. Is there a way to add a refresh button to the media library, so i don't have to wonder outside and do it there?

4. when in the video library, i use folder view and then go into a directory and select a file, when next time i go to the video library i would like to go to the exact spot i was in before, and not have to drill into directories all over again. Is that possible?

5. I record a lot but still have not yet started to shrink the shows, mainly since i don't as of yet know how. Is there a way for you to add some batch files so I can start to compress my files, following all the work over the compression, is still a big task on my (and others I believe) time. I would love to be a "stupid user" that is handed stuff, since I only have so much time for maintanece.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
1. I know sage has an inteligent agent that can sort out problems with recordings, by switching to other recordings with the same episode, but when I enable, Inteligent recordings, it starts recording what ever it wants, and I dont like that.

Is there a way to tell sage just to salove all the recording issues and not start thinking about other stuff??
The "Intelligent Recording" option has nothing to do with "Intelligent Scheduling". SageTV automatically figures out the schedule, trying to fit in the most number of your requested shows.

IR is completely seprate & is a setting for SageTV to automatically record shows that you have NOT requested -- it tries to record shows that it thinks you would like to see based on your previous viewing habits. Edit: See page 26 in the v2.1 manual.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Sage Fanatic

DFA -

Just wanted to let you know that _if_ you have things set up correctly the weather routine does work. However, some of the paths to files have been changed in Cayars implimentation of it so you can't use the original setup info provided for those else where.

Go back to the first post in this thread and double check the instructions for setting it up with Cayars STV. Also, be careful about extra spaces or empty spaces at the end of lines.

Personally, I've found Weatherroom.com to be far to unreliable and use an altered setup for Weather.com instead. Weatherroom often has missing data and sometimes and had data that was over a week old (I verified that on their website sometime ago, which was when I quit using them for a weather source).

As always, be sure to totally close SageTV (and the service if used) before making any changes. Hopefully if you recheck the instructions in the first post you will be able to spot what's missing.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Sage Expert

Yes. I have entered the parameters from the first post EXACTLY just as given w/o the errant spaces (cut and pasted into the dot properties files and edited out spaces). As always, Sage and SageService are completely shut down when editing dot properties and the entries are intact when reviewing.

Cut and pasted from sage.properties:

mlbdude/weather_exe=\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\Weather\\GetWeatherJava.exe
mlbdude/weather_exe_java=false
mlbdude/weather_file=\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\Weather\\Weather.txt
mlbdude/weather_image_root=\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\Weather\\Images
mlbdude/weather_provider=www.weatherroom.com
mlbdude/weather_url=http\://www.weatherroom.com/xml/ext/
mlbdude/weather_zip=93312

Note that information is written to the file "Weather.txt" but are just the variable names with no numeric values. This is also what appears in Sage: tags with no numeric values.

EDIT: Interesting: the spaces have returned after pasting it from the sage.properties to here. The spaces were edited out and do not show in text in sage.properties or when editing the post. I will try hand entering the parameters into sage.properties by hand rather than cut and paste them in from Cayars setup post as I had done before. Something funny going on there.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 11-12-2004 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm beginging to wonder if maybe I actually had changed something way back to get it to work correctly. I know I've made many changes to my weather setup, both in the properties and the weather config files.

So, it is possible I've forgotten some part that did need to be changed. Guess at this point all I can say is I did have it working with weatherroom initially, but I've got everything changed for Weather.com now. I'd have to change it back to see what's up. Might try that later this afternoon if I get time.

One other thing you could check... Did you unzip the other JAVA files into the correct folder?
Old 11-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Sage Expert

Yes, I have appropriately updated my java jar files with those supplied in the first zip file and placed in the proper subdir (lib\ext). My Sun Java installation is not installed in the default directory but should not matter (installed in "C:\JAVA\.....).

I understand that "www.weather.com" is prefered but figured that if "www.weatherroom.com" is to be included it might as well work.

It does work up to the point of returning the variable names to the "weather.txt" file but does not return the values.

Perhaps Weatherroom has changed field parameters. I note from their site that all data is encompassed within the main bracket variable of "WeatherFeed" which does not appear in the "getWeather2.java" script file.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 11-12-2004 at 12:48 PM.