SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Sage Expert

Before you trouble yourself, first things first. If it is just me that is having trouble, then the problem is at my end and I will eventually sort it out. No one else has yet commented one way or the other so am unsure of it is just specific to me or what. Anyone else having trouble or is it working OK?

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 11-12-2004 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

I did a quick check... went into my properties files and deleted my specialized lines and then copy/pasted those from the instructions in first post instead. Then I removed the spaces in these:

GetWeathe rJava.exe
Weather. txt
im ages

and then changed the Zipcode to my own area. I also deleted the Weather.txt file just to make sure it started out fresh from nothing.

Started SageTV back up, went to the Weather and after a couple seconds waiting at "Loading" it displayed the weather conditions for my area correctly.

I knew it had worked before, just didn't trust Weatherroom to be accurate so I had changed it to a different setup for Weather.com.

Might be something to do with you having the JAVA folder in a non-standard install location. I don't know how that might effect things.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the cross check. That is exactly what I did to update my Sage properties files: cut and pasted from setup post, edited out the same spaces you cited and put in my zip code. Also confirmed no spaces at EOL as this has gotten me before and is a killer!

The problem is obviously at my end though. I will pursue it some more. If I find the issue, I will advise.

Thanks for going to the trouble. You have enough to do already w/o chasing ghosts.

DFA
Old 11-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Sage Expert

Carlo,

you said the Auto Com Skip is working in your OSD but I just realized that its not an option in my options screen. I guess its fine if its automatically set to enabled, however, I just want to make sure it is. I guess if you took if out of the options screen, we can still change it in the Sage.Client.Properties file, right?
Old 11-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

Cayars added an option to remove that from the Options pop-up for those of us who do not use it. To get it to show up again in the Options change the setting:

Detailed Setup-> Interface-> OSD Options-> Modify and set "Show Malore Options" to enabled.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Sage Icon

Guys, if you are having problems with the weather, you can shut down Sage and remove the Weather lines from the properties file. Then go back into sage and they will be added for you. The only thing you will have to do is right click in local weather and set your zipcode (from in local weather) or you can set this in the Detailed Setup screens too.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Cayars -

Detailed Setup-> Menu & Disk Status-> Modify

the option to disable "Show Upcoming Recordings in Menu" does nothing. It always displays the Upcoming Recordings whether this is set to enabled or disablled.

I believe this didn't work correctly before also, but kept forgetting to mention it.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Sage Icon

Opps, that was a left over from something I was going to do but didn't need to after all as it was/is controlled by the Menu.XML file. I'll remove this for the next release as it's not used.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Sage User

More feature requests

This STV does *almost* everything I want - so I'm gonna put in another feature request:

This is one I've wanted ever since I started with Sage 1.4...

When watching Live TV, I want to be able to timeshift back to the last program I watched. The way Sage currently works, if you're watching a live show, and you get up during the last few minutes of the recording, and you don't pause the show, Sage will finish the recording and move on to the next one. If you then come back from the bathroom and try to timeshift back to see the teaser at the end of the show you were just watching, you can't - because Sage won't timeshift any earlier than the beginning of the show you're on. You might be able to find the recording in the Media Library, but this is hardly convenient behavior for the best PVR solution on the market!

What I want is something similar to what appears to be in the teehan-lax STV: you can see it in this thread on the page that shows the timeshifting bar:

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=8296

Thanks again for a great addition to Sage!
Old 11-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Sage Expert

It's just me that's having an issue with "Local Weather" / WeatherRoom. Seems to be specific to my setup. "Weather Suite" works great and is superior to "Local Weather" anyway, as is known. Just being bull headed about making "Local Weather" work.

DFA
Old 11-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Cayars -

When watching a DVD or view a ripped DVD from Imported Videos, the Up/Down arrows should be disabled from using the mini-guide since they are used for Chapter forward/back. Not sure how you would trap things being different between normal videos and DVD videos. Don't know how many tricks you can pull with Studio, but didn't notice this problem with the mlbdude2 mini-guide so there must be some way around it.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengdahl
This STV does *almost* everything I want - so I'm gonna put in another feature request:

This is one I've wanted ever since I started with Sage 1.4...

When watching Live TV, I want to be able to timeshift back to the last program I watched. The way Sage currently works, if you're watching a live show, and you get up during the last few minutes of the recording, and you don't pause the show, Sage will finish the recording and move on to the next one. If you then come back from the bathroom and try to timeshift back to see the teaser at the end of the show you were just watching, you can't - because Sage won't timeshift any earlier than the beginning of the show you're on. You might be able to find the recording in the Media Library, but this is hardly convenient behavior for the best PVR solution on the market!

What I want is something similar to what appears to be in the teehan-lax STV: you can see it in this thread on the page that shows the timeshifting bar:

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=8296

Thanks again for a great addition to Sage!
pengdahl, I can't do this. If I was to even attempt it I would break so many other things it just wouldn't be worth it to me to try. I normally don't say no to requests but this is one that I know will kill lots of other things just trying to attempt it. I also know most other people wouldn't want this type of feature so I'd have to make it configurable and his would make the code even tougher to track/modify.

This is the position I'll take on this one at present but as I learn more about the internals of the code while "playing" I'll keep an eye out for some other way to accomplish this then the way I have in mind at present. It could end up being easy to do but not for me at present because of the way Sage records directly to "show" files. It doesn't keep a running timeshift buffer like other software (BTV).

Best bet for now is to use the "pause" key.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Administrator

The "Previous Channel" command will switch back to the previous video that was played, so you try that as an alternative to get back to the last video.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Sage Icon

Darn, I didn't know you could do that to bring up the last show as in the context of what pengdahl asked for. I've been looking at the code for a while now scatching my head looking for some type of solution.

Thanks Andy, Problem solved!

PS Where's the manual page number
Old 11-12-2004, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Cayars -

When watching a DVD or view a ripped DVD from Imported Videos, the Up/Down arrows should be disabled from using the mini-guide since they are used for Chapter forward/back. Not sure how you would trap things being different between normal videos and DVD videos. Don't know how many tricks you can pull with Studio, but didn't notice this problem with the mlbdude2 mini-guide so there must be some way around it.
Should be easy to fix. I never gave DVD chapters a thought as I don't play DVDs in SageTV. I intentionaly added the mini-guide here so you could check out what's on TV while viewing a DVD which I guess was a BAD idea. I'll get this fixed.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Sage Icon

I just wanted to confirm that the automatic generation of comskip files is not working in "F" but it does properly skip commercials in the OSD if you have that enabled and already have a .txt file generated that contains the commercial info.

This has probably been broken since "E" when I re-imported the dynamic menu Nielm updated.

BTW, don't import this module into the Cayars stv file if Nielm releases a newer version as I've made numerious changes to the code. This needs to be handled at the code level so as not to break other features in the STV.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
-the music jukebox does not work for me. I am using the bver2. Basically, if I click on a song, it starts playing, but then if I try to go to a visualization screen, it starts to skip and freeze. I reverted back to the original STV and wasn't having this problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
That is strange. The Jukebox is one part of the code in my STV that is completely stock. I don't personally use the jukebox and thus haven't touched it. Let me know if you have any problems with the "C" version when I release this and I'll have you try a thing or two for me. It's probably something pretty easy to fix if it's still a problem in "C".
Cayars,

This is still a problem in "F". I have done some testing and it works fine in the OriginalV2.stv however the malore21.stv has this same problem. Is it possible that this problem got copied over from the malore21.stv?

If so would it be possible to re-import the jukebox code from the OriginalV2.stv?

Josh
Old 11-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Oh the other side... just to confuse things... I'm not having that problem with the jukebox. Although there is something different about how it operates in SageTV v2.1 from v2.0. I've yet to understand why it keeps showing FM tuners in the song listing and/or why it shows FM tuners even for cards that don't have one. Selecting one of those just ends up playing the audio from whatever TV channel one of the tuners was on before. That's a bug that Frey would have to fix I'm sure.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Re: Previous Channel command...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Darn, I didn't know you could do that to bring up the last show as in the context of what pengdahl asked for. I've been looking at the code for a while now scatching my head looking for some type of solution.

Thanks Andy, Problem solved!
One caveat: if it switches to the previous recording while live TV is playing, live TV may stop recording unless it is a scheduled recording.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm probably redundant, but auto generation of Comskip data does seem broken. I wondered if I had accidentally changed something, as it used to generate by itself. Consider this a confirmation of the problem, Carlo.

thanks!