SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Sage Expert

I can say with absolute certainty that the final release of Sage 2.1.10 has an "Auto Enter". Mlbdude speaks true. I had to disable my Girder scripts to accomodate it. No imagination on that one. This is using Sage with Girder and SendMessage method. Perhaps it is not working correctly for max 2 - digit. If you have any channels in your line up that are more than 2 digits, Sage "Auto Enter" will only work for the third digit entry. My scripts go a step further for 1 and 2 digit (or any number of digits less than max. # digits) entry and have a 2 second delay before an "Auto Enter" is given. My Girder scripts also handle leading zeros.

But like I said, no big deal for me. I'll just re-enable my "Auto Enter" scripts. I just didn't want to have to go back and forth if the Sage "Auto Enter" implementation simply got stepped on in the custom STV and would be resurrected.

Dane

Last edited by DFA; 11-14-2004 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ah, if it only happens with 3 digits that would explain why I've never noticed it (since my channels only use 2 digits). However, I don't know why they would have added that into v2.1 though. I think that would be annoying not being consistant behaviour. Maybe its a bug and thinking the 3rd digit should always be Enter or something weird like that.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Ah, if it only happens with 3 digits that would explain why I've never noticed it (since my channels only use 2 digits). However, I don't know why they would have added that into v2.1 though. I think that would be annoying not being consistant behaviour. Maybe its a bug and thinking the 3rd digit should always be Enter or something weird like that.
It is put in there intentionaly. If you only use the tuners on your cards then the max channel 125 is reported to Sage for that lineup. That is why it is generally three digits. It is dynamic based on your linueups.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Cayars,

When the program is windowed on a menu, I've got a square box in the exact center of the shruken window with ver F.

Stacy
Yep, this was the main delay in getting "F" out the door. This only happens if you have CC enabled, using Overlay, 3D Accel. and using my auto management for CC data in "Overlay".

You only see this black box in certain situations and I'm aware of it and trying to get rid of it but it's tricky as there are so many ways to exit the OSD. You normally shouldn't get this using "normal" exit methods.

I'll bet that if you click on the window to go back into full video you probably loose the matted overlay too.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Cayars -

When watching a DVD or view a ripped DVD from Imported Videos, the Up/Down arrows should be disabled from using the mini-guide since they are used for Chapter forward/back. Not sure how you would trap things being different between normal videos and DVD videos. Don't know how many tricks you can pull with Studio, but didn't notice this problem with the mlbdude2 mini-guide so there must be some way around it.
Isn't the Chapter forward/back supposed to be the PgUp/PgDn key and not the Up/Down keys? Testing from the keyboard the page keys do change chapters while the arrow keys do the mini-guide.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

That's because you are always working from a keyboard (which I never use). So, the Up/Down I'm referring to are buttons on a remote (which is how I normally control SageTV). Likewise, I very seldom every use a mouse either.

You really should get a remote
Old 11-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

Cayars -

Just as a side note so you know... If you didn't catch the drift in last post, normally any problems I report will be based strictly on use with a remote. Normally this will be with a Hauppauge, but I do also have an ATI remote on a client which occasionally may have slightly different problems.

In fact, there is a bug in ver F when using the ATI remote that I haven't reported yet since I want to double check a few things first.

As another side thought, actually the only time I could see ever having a need to use keyboard/mouse to control SageTV would be with a client on a laptop wireless, so of course we do have to make sure everything works for each usage
Old 11-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Sage Expert

Hi:

Just put rev. "E" STV back in and the Sage "Auto Enter" implementation is working for that one. It went dark in either "F" or "Fr2".

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 11-14-2004 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Cayars -

A note about the Hauppauge remote (in case you are not aware). Unlike other remotes that have Up/Down/Left/Right navigations buttons and seperate buttons for channal and volume up/down... the Up/Down/Left/Right buttons on a Hauppauge remote do dual functions depending on what screen is in use. That is, in some cases they are for navigation, in others they do channel changes (with up/down) or volume changes (with left/right).

If everything is set up to work correctly for the Hauppauge remote it normally should work correctly for other remotes as well as from a keyboard.

Hope this makes a bit more sense to you (sounded confusing even as I typed it).
Old 11-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Sage User

Yet aanother feature request

I've decided to just let everybody know what features I'd still like to see in Sage here because of the great feedback...

This is another feature that I've been wishing Sage had since version 1.4...

I would like to have multiple channel lineups for the "LiveTV Guide", similar to the functionality available in most Dish receivers and cable boxes.

That is, I would like to be able to say "Guide 1 is called 'Favorites' and has channels 1,2,3, and Guide 2 is called 'Movies' and has channels 4,5,6" and then be able to switch between these guides in the LiveTV screen - preferably by hitting the "Guide" button on the remote a second time.

Note that I don't want to have to change the channel lineups in the Setup Wizard for this - doing this wouldn't work anyway, as I still want to be able to select channels 1-6, I just don't want to see them all on the EPG at the same time.

Maybe there is already a way to do this and I don't know what it is.

At the moment the EPG ends up being cluttered with many channels that I never watch but I don't want to remove from my channel lineup because I can still tune to them.

The "Custom Guides" currently in this STV seem to provide a limited version of what I'd like to see, but they really don't quite do what I want.

Thanks for listening!
Old 11-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to remmy925 Send a message via AIM to remmy925 Send a message via Yahoo to remmy925
I need help. I suspect I have a setting wrong or I am doing something wrong. For some reason I cant get Sage to stop recording after the shows I record. Since moving to this STV from Neilm's STV this has been a problem. Any suggestions. Like I said...could simply be a setting. I do have Intellegent recording turned off. Any suggestions guys?
Old 11-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Cayars -

A note about the Hauppauge remote (in case you are not aware). Unlike other remotes that have Up/Down/Left/Right navigations buttons and seperate buttons for channal and volume up/down... the Up/Down/Left/Right buttons on a Hauppauge remote do dual functions depending on what screen is in use. That is, in some cases they are for navigation, in others they do channel changes (with up/down) or volume changes (with left/right).

If everything is set up to work correctly for the Hauppauge remote it normally should work correctly for other remotes as well as from a keyboard.

Hope this makes a bit more sense to you (sounded confusing even as I typed it).
I understood. I'll put some checking in so that the mini-guide will only function when a DVD is active if you have it bound to the GUIDE key.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmy925
I need help. I suspect I have a setting wrong or I am doing something wrong. For some reason I cant get Sage to stop recording after the shows I record. Since moving to this STV from Neilm's STV this has been a problem. Any suggestions. Like I said...could simply be a setting. I do have Intellegent recording turned off. Any suggestions guys?
First step. Try switching back to the OriginalV2.stv and see if the problem goes away. This will give us some information to work on.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengdahl
I've decided to just let everybody know what features I'd still like to see in Sage here because of the great feedback...

This is another feature that I've been wishing Sage had since version 1.4...

I would like to have multiple channel lineups for the "LiveTV Guide", similar to the functionality available in most Dish receivers and cable boxes.

That is, I would like to be able to say "Guide 1 is called 'Favorites' and has channels 1,2,3, and Guide 2 is called 'Movies' and has channels 4,5,6" and then be able to switch between these guides in the LiveTV screen - preferably by hitting the "Guide" button on the remote a second time.

Note that I don't want to have to change the channel lineups in the Setup Wizard for this - doing this wouldn't work anyway, as I still want to be able to select channels 1-6, I just don't want to see them all on the EPG at the same time.

Maybe there is already a way to do this and I don't know what it is.

At the moment the EPG ends up being cluttered with many channels that I never watch but I don't want to remove from my channel lineup because I can still tune to them.

The "Custom Guides" currently in this STV seem to provide a limited version of what I'd like to see, but they really don't quite do what I want.

Thanks for listening!
Added to the wishlist.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to remmy925 Send a message via AIM to remmy925 Send a message via Yahoo to remmy925
I switched to the regular STV and things were fine. I switched back to your STV after a theropudic reboot (however you spell it). Maybe something flubbed when it originally opened the STV. Hoping switching out and back will fix it. I guess I will find out if after my recording of Seinfeld it just keep going like before. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think removing the STV and addeding it back did it. Feel ashamed I didnt try that first. I get paid as an IT Analyst and help people with software problems all of the time. Two basic rules to try first if an app ever goes wrong. Reboot and try disabling a feature and re-enabling it. Should have done that in the first place. Someone shoot me. Thank you for the response Cayars. I've seen you been busy supporting people and I didnt want to add to the load. I needlessly did that. Sorry.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Quote:
I know on my main machine I get these prolonged pauses where SageTV doesn't respond. Then all of a sudden it does all the commands as if they were in a queue waiting to be ran (using a remote).
I was wondering if this was because of your code or 2.1 as I switched to both at the same time. I remember that type of thing happened a lot when I had virus scanner enabled and my system's resources were being syphoned away (although I never could track it down using the task manager). I wonder if something in the code is causing the STV to use extra CPU.
I don't think it is CPU, because I don't have any other applications running (even antivirus), and I have a pretty powerful machine. I do have this problem intermittently -- sometimes SageTV hangs for 2-3 minutes before coming back to life suddenly and executing all the commands I'd given it during the lull.

I'm not running Sage as a service, either. Does anyone have any ideas about this?
Old 11-14-2004, 04:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes I agree with pengdahl this is huge.

With hundreds of channels you need to be able to view AND persist them in different slices - by a saved list of channels, by categories et al. It would be really nice to be able to view all the football on a Saturday, or all the movies on in an evening. Or if you're watching 3-4 games or shows at once then 'program' those few channels as your favorites or 'jump list' as some systems call it. Useful for scanning news channels for example if something interesting is happening. Then the TV guide would show and mini-guide would cycle only between the slice you happen to have selected.

And ideally it needs to be relatively easy to change. It wouldn't be a configuration option as much as it needs to be something accessible that can be changed 'on the fly' with a few key presses. For example the way it works with Tivo is that you persist the filter and then set a toggle to enable it. While viewing the guide a key press enables the option screen. At the end of the day you could have several persisted guide filters that you could choose between. Show only movies, show only sports/football, show only these channels.

However it's implemented this would really be helpful. For some reason Sage out of the box isn't very friendly for those with a lot of channels.

BTW thanks for sharing your work, it's a first class effort.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Added to the wishlist.

Thanks for listening!
Old 11-14-2004, 05:24 AM
Sage Expert

TNX for the new version with bug fix. it works great.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Here's some data for what it's worth. Who knows if it means anything.

My Sage install has been working almost perfectly. It was only set up on my cable system on which I get about 30 basic channels.

Today I hooked up my DirecTV STB to my Sage box. So basically I added a serial connection and hundreds of channels and guide data to the database.

Immediately I start getting the exact same problem you describe. It just freezes up, sometimes for several minutes. Then all the commands execute at once. I have an AMD 2800 but only 512 meg. I have SATA drives and the box does nothing else but run UltraVNC server. I run Sage as a service.

Anyone see any commonality here?

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatjew
I don't think it is CPU, because I don't have any other applications running (even antivirus), and I have a pretty powerful machine. I do have this problem intermittently -- sometimes SageTV hangs for 2-3 minutes before coming back to life suddenly and executing all the commands I'd given it during the lull.

I'm not running Sage as a service, either. Does anyone have any ideas about this?