SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:55 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Cayers -

I don't know how much you can actually examine of someone elses STV with Studio... However, could you take a look at whatever mlbdude had done in mlbdude2 regarding the display of Schedules by Capture Device?

I have 4 tuners. With the OriginalV2 and your STV on that screen I can't tell which is which because the line across for the tuners only shows part of the info truncated as:

Hauppauge
WinTV PVR...

Somehow mlbdude had altered this so that all the info would display to see which was #2 or USB2, etc.. He might have used a smaller font or some scaling effect. Since this is only a minor thing I'll understand if you feel it's not worth the extra time to figure out.
I get this too! I would love this feature in Cayar's STV!
Old 11-15-2004, 05:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
It shows both currently recording and upcoming recordings. It's configurable so you can set it how you want it to work or remove it.
This is good news, thanks!

Quote:
The default "Live TV" guide is stock looking with a few extras thrown in.
With that being said, if you tell me what you like about the guide in Mlbdude's STV I can see about adding those features if there're not already implemented. I'm close to satisfying 95% (if not more) of the requests people ask for (if it's possible to do).
Carlo
The guide is just slightly transparent, has a nice clean border around each box and a nice font. I think your font is already configurable.... here is a screenshot of the epg...

Thanks!

If this is difficult to see what I'm talking about let me know and I'll try to get a few screen shots.

davey
Old 11-15-2004, 06:33 AM
Sage Icon

I really couldn't tell by the screenshot, I suppose I could try it out myself.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Sage Expert

Cayars:

I do not know if you can edit this type of thing from Studio but here's the problem: With the release of 2.1.10, when configured to "Start to Tray" on boot, Sage no longer opens to "Fullscreen". It opens windowed. Once set fullscreen, it remains fullscreen. I opened a thread on this and it is confirmed and no work arounds seem to be known. Not sure why Sage guys did this and others like myself that use "Start to Tray" are not enamored with it opening windowed either.

Anything that can be done with Studio to change that particular behavior back as before (opening fullscreen from the tray when started to tray from boot). I think this might have been a goof on Sage's part.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 11-15-2004 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Sage Icon

Cayars,

The host site seems to be down again.... Can't get the zip file and it won't show any of the screenshots.

Stacy
Old 11-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Sage Icon

Yep, I'm about to can this host and switch to another but man o man I don't want to move all the domains again.

BTW, as soon as it's up I'm putting up a new version.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

if you want some temp space, I could host the stv for a while. what kind of traffic are you seeing?
Old 11-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA
Cayars:

I do not know if you can edit this type of thing from Studio but here's the problem: With the release of 2.1.10, when configured to "Start to Tray" on boot, Sage no longer opens to "Fullscreen". It opens windowed. Once set fullscreen, it remains fullscreen. I opened a thread on this and it is confirmed and no work arounds seem to be known. Not sure why Sage guys did this and others like myself that use "Start to Tray" are not enamored with it opening windowed either.

Anything that can be done with Studio to change that particular behavior back as before (opening fullscreen from the tray when started to tray from boot). I think this might have been a goof on Sage's part.

DFA
I'm pretty sure this is going to be fixed in the next point release of SageTV.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah I can set up a mirror as well. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
if you want some temp space, I could host the stv for a while. what kind of traffic are you seeing?
I don't know, I don't bother looking as I rent an 8MB pipe, so I don't pay by transfered amount but only for the pipe size.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can I ask for one more improvement I thought of??

In the upcoming movies - guide, instead of inserting the channels by name, in the crude ,method, can u set an internal screen that I can select channels by marking them?

It just that we have many channels that I know have movies in them, as I'm sure you guys do too, and it will be much more productive to select them from the current list of channels.

Also I have noticed that the current implementation of channel names is case specific, but sage is not case specific anywhere else, can you fix this.

Thanks
ILAN

p.s.
keep up the good work.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Sage Icon

Release 12 has been posted. See the first message for download instructions.

Crashless is letting me borrow some room on his server temporarily. Everybody thank Crashless!

I plan to move this over to Sage-Community some time tonight or tomorrow. The move will be transparent so you don't need to do anything special.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Is anybody else having an issue with the silent.vbs script just bringing up a command prompt and not executing the commands such as DVD Rip and Clean Orphaned Files? I would appreciate any pointers.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Sage Icon

Guys running Hebrew,

Try turning 3D Acceleration off in Detailed Setup->Advanced and let me know if this does anything for you. You might want to shut-down sage and bring it back up after this change. Try it both in Overlay and VMR9 mode and let me know if anything looks different.

Carlo
Old 11-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
As stated above, I haven't played with this at all. Let me ask you a question. If you manually create one of the XML files but use ISO-8859-8 instead of 8859-1 and then manually kick off the process as the STV would do. What happens? Does everything work correctly from that point? If so this should be an "easy" fix.
It seems I misssedthis post but now I've checked it.

If I create an xml file using iso8859-1 I see the following problem:

The file is read in iso8859-1 into the java file(ffmpeg_pickup) and file is not found, since I see the code is posted I could just make changes to it tommorow and see that it's read correctly if thats permissible by the authors.

Ilan
Old 11-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
It seems I misssedthis post but now I've checked it.

If I create an xml file using iso8859-1 I see the following problem:

The file is read in iso8859-1 into the java file(ffmpeg_pickup) and file is not found, since I see the code is posted I could just make changes to it tommorow and see that it's read correctly if thats permissible by the authors.

Ilan
You can certainly do that. If this works correctly then I'll make a change to the SVT so you can change this and it will get passed to the ffmpeg correctly.

Along24, do me a favor and test the 3D setting as per a couple of messages up and let me know if this does anything RTL wise for you.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Release 12[list]
<snip>[*]Added new option in Detailed Setup->Interface to: Strip "Hauppauge WinTV PVR " in Capture Device Schedule Header. This is used in the Schedules by Capture Device page.[*]Adjusted the Header column (same as above item) to dynamically resize the text to fit in header. (use above setting with PVRs for even bigger text)
<snip>
Is anyone else having trouble getting this to work? With Release 12, my Column Headers on the "Schedules by Capture Device" page have disappeared completely, regardless of the setting of the Strip Hauppauge parameter. I just get a blank box at the top of each column. Oddly enough, it works fine when running SageTVClient on another system, but not on my primary SageTV server. The full headers were displayed fine on the server with Release 11 (FR2).

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder
Old 11-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsouthard
With Release 12, my Column Headers on the "Schedules by Capture Device" page have disappeared completely, regardless of the setting of the Strip Hauppauge parameter.
I'm seeing the same thing on my server. It seems to be only cosmetic, however, as Sage still sees all my tuners and is using them just fine.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Yep, my headers for "Schedules by Capture Device" are totally blank now with v12. The very first top time/date box on the left is also blank. I've tried just about all combinations of other video and overlay settings and didn't make any difference on my server. Have not had a chance to try this version on my client yet though to see if it behaves the same or not.

Even with that option set to disabled the headers still are blank.

EDIT: Tested on my client machine an the headers do display there. Don't know why it works on the client and not on the server. The client has an nVidia graphics card while the server has an ATI. Not sure why that should make any difference though.

Last edited by mls; 11-15-2004 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

"Show Upcoming Recordings in Menu" has still not been removed from the Enhanced OSD Options setup pop-up list. I believe this was going to be removed 2 or 3 revisions back, but seems to keep being overlooked.