SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I couldn't get local weather to work until I installed the mlbdude2 stv. I was getting an error about some file missing but I couldn't see the name as it ran off the screen. As soon as I unzipped the mlbdude2 stv files then Local Weather was happy.
This was one of the things I mentioned earlier that the "user" would need to setup following directions elsewhere on this site. However, in the next STV release I'm including the JAVA version of the news retriever with instructions for setting this up.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Carlo
Old 10-26-2004, 03:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If you want to be accurate it should be "Premieres" everywhere.
Bummer, since this was a pain to change. I'll go back and change them all to Premieres. What makes it bad is that I KNOW this is the way to spell it.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

TomMox, I changed the wording back to "Premieres".

sting7777, if you haven't done the weather install don't do it yet. I'm just about to package up the next version of this STV and I'm including the JAVA version of the weather retriever. I'll have directions for the installation included in the post. I should have this new version up in 1/2 hour or so.

I'll also include a different "sleep" icon too.

Carlo

Last edited by Cayars; 10-26-2004 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

sweet - thanks!
Old 10-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Sage Expert

I don't know if this got lost but the screen titled:

"Upcoming Favorites by malore"

does not show anything even though its on your list of screens. I attached what it looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (24.3 KB, 625 views)
Old 10-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Sage Icon

I've released CayarsV2b.zip with "B" being the key. See the first post for additional information and download links. BTW, the JAVA file has not been changed so if you already have this STV installed only download the CayarsV2b.zip file.

Carlo
Old 10-26-2004, 04:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
I don't know if this got lost but the screen titled:

"Upcoming Favorites by malore"

does not show anything even though its on your list of screens. I attached what it looks like.
I didn't see this anywhere on any of my menus. I don't think this one works. Do me a favor and install the new "B" version and let me know if this is still a problem. I don't think it's part of the menu system.

Carlo
Old 10-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Sage Expert

You say to make sure my properties file says

mlbdude/weather_image_root=\\STVs\\XMZV2

You don't install an XMZV2 directory and I don't have one. Is this supposed to be your STV's directory?

Also

mlbdude/weather_exe_java=false

seems intuitively incorrect but I'm just guessing about this one
Old 10-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Sage Icon

Carlo,
Nice job on the B version I like it. Just to let you know the icon for the Utilities/Setup menu in the Main Menu is showing the information.png instead of setup.png. Easy fix. I really like the reread menu definition file feature and the ability to yank an item from the menu from within the GUI is very cool.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Depending on which STV this was based on, I thought malore told me that the Upcomiong Favorites screen was not included in the 2.1 version of his STV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Sage Expert

I think what happened was I was using nielm's old SageMenu.dtd file and my computer bugged out.

What you say, Opus, makes sense

EDIT: I installed the new B version of the STV and I am still getting that screen as an option. Its #115 if you try to add an internal screen. It doesn't really matter; just an FYI for people trying to add it who get blank screens

Last edited by abasu2003; 10-26-2004 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Sage Expert

-In the Setup Menu, I have an extra Enhancements Menu that is just blank after the ComSkip menu.

-Would it be possible to add options on ways to sort the MLBdude style recordings menu. I think he had this in his but not sure.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You say to make sure my properties file says

mlbdude/weather_image_root=\\STVs\\XMZV2

You don't install an XMZV2 directory and I don't have one. Is this supposed to be your STV's directory?

Also

seems intuitively incorrect but I'm just guessing about this one
I messed it up. Darn it. I had two different computers I was testing this on and pulled the info from the wrong computer.

If you already have weather working then just skip this but if you are using or trying to use the weather as delivered in my STV file do the following:

Adjust your sage or sageclient properties to the following:

mlbdude/weather_exe=\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\weather\\GetWeatherJava.exe
mlbdude/weather_file=\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\weather\\Weather.txt
mlbdude/weather_image_root=\\STVs\\OriginalV2\weather\images
mlbdude/weather_provider=www.weatherroom.com
mlbdude/weather_url=http\://www.weatherroom.com/xml/ext/
mlbdude/weather_zip=08322

Then go into your main SageTV directory and MOVE there folder named "weather.com icons" into the STVs\OriginalV2\Weather folder. Then go into the STVs\OriginalV2\Weather folder and rename "weather.com icons" to "images".

What I was trying to do is tidy up the weather sections and put it all in one place so that other STV could all reference it in a central place.

I'm going to rebuild the zip file right after I post this message.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Carlo,
Nice job on the B version I like it. Just to let you know the icon for the Utilities/Setup menu in the Main Menu is showing the information.png instead of setup.png. Easy fix. I really like the reread menu definition file feature and the ability to yank an item from the menu from within the GUI is very cool.
Thanks for the heads-up on the menu change Tom. I went ahead and changed that too while I was rebuilding the zip file.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think what happened was I was using nielm's old SageMenu.dtd file and my computer bugged out.

What you say, Opus, makes sense

EDIT: I installed the new B version of the STV and I am still getting that screen as an option. Its #115 if you try to add an internal screen. It doesn't really matter; just an FYI for people trying to add it who get blank screens
Oh, got ya. Yea, there are a few "internal" things there that are experimental in nature. I pulled this one out of Malore's STV (I think) to see if I could get it to work with 2.1 down the road. Moral of the story, don't use it for now.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Sage Icon

I created a new ZIP file (CayarsV2bR2.ZIP) as a Version 2B Release 2, and updated the first message in this thread with changes/fixes.

Carlo
Old 10-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Sage Expert

just found something else

-I have my recordings style set to mlbdude and whenever i delete something, it still shows up. if i click on the show, it gives me an error sayign the file is no longer there. If i swtich to a different recordings style, its no longer there.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

BTW: How did you manage to get negative free space in the pics in the first message anyway?
Old 10-26-2004, 06:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Thanks for the heads-up on the menu change Tom.
I need to make an animated gif of my name like stanger did with TomxMox and the 'm' disappearing to read ToxMox. Funny how the eye sometimes sees what isn't there The name is Dave btw.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
BTW: How did you manage to get negative free space in the pics in the first message anyway?
It's from playing too much inside of Studio and getting your wiz.bin file out of wack. I'll be doing a complete re-install soon to correct this and get a clean environment again which is needed.