SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Got it up (hmm, that doesn't sound appropriate for this forum <wink>) last night on 2.1.10 and she's running GREAT! Just in time for West wing too.
Glad you got it running. I don't know about you, but I had my first downtime that lasted over 5 minutes a couple of weeks ago, and I was not right in the head until I got it working again.

There's a kind of calmness that I get knowing all's well in my Sage box. (thought I'd continue the questionable comment theme )
Old 11-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Sage Icon

Carlo did mention a few pages ago about the channel up/down mouse buttons not available currently and that he was working on it. In this post:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...&postcount=612
Old 11-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Regarding channel up/down... did a quick check with my systems. Works from all 3 of my remotes (ATI, StreamZap, and Hauppauge) and also works from keyboard (as long as Sage has focus of course).

However, I did notice there does not appear to be anything for a mouse user in the Enchanced OSD to do channel up/down.

Guess need more detailed info from ptaylor as to what is not working for him.
I couldn't figure out where to put the mouse icons on the Enhanced OSD, so I didn't. So it's only "Enhanced" if you don't use a mouse.

Last edited by Cayars; 11-18-2004 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I still don't think you got my message. There would be no profit from studio (for me) only things done outside of studio. Actually I would use MS Visual Studio for the kinds of things I'm talking about.

Here's a prime example just posted that would benefit from an easy to use transcoding feature. As it is I can't help him because I don't use ffmpeg.

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=8414
One question. Would you be able to code these other things without the knowledge of SageTV that you have gained from Studio?
PVR-350
PVR-150
ATI Radeon 9100
512MB DDR RAM
2 x 80GB HDD
MediaMVP
Old 11-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Any way to make the Delete (delete, delete and set watched, etc) options to automatically pop-up when a show finishes? This is one thing I miss about TIVO.

It seems like in SAGE when a show completes it pauses at the end, and I usually hit Stop, or menu to get out of the show. Then I have to navigate back to the show's menu and navigate to the delete menu and choose delete, delete and set watched, etc. I know there are other options like archive and compress that are not in the delete menu, but for most shows once I finish watching them I delete and set watched.
Carlos, do you think this is something that can be included in the next release?

I thought you might have missed it with all of your computer problems, and some of the other discussions going on.

Also, did you see this? Thanks again for all of your efforts!

Quote:
Bug Report: After setting up a manual recording, when clicking the right-arrow button on the remote the screen goes to what looks like the OriginalV2.STV's Schedules screen. Then if I click the left-arrow I get back to Cayarsxx.STV screen.

Feature request: Any way to have the mini-guide start on your current channel, rather than the first channel in your lineup? This is how most mini-guides work (cable-box, satellite, etc). This would be especially helpful when channel surfing since I usually browse up from the channel I am on, change to something else, watch a little, get bored browse up, decide to see what else is on, move up a few more channels, get bored, etc... Hope this makes sense...
Old 11-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Sage Expert

the binding the mini-guide to the current channel thing has been discussed a lot. in this thread its been brought up at least twice with full discussions going along with it.

basically the arguemnt for the current method is that if you bring up the guide, surf to a certain channel, then time out, you can bring it back up and it will start where you left off. thats at least the gist of it. explore around the 20's to find the discussion. also, people shoudl use teh search this thread, it helped me a lot
Old 11-18-2004, 04:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckron
One question. Would you be able to code these other things without the knowledge of SageTV that you have gained from Studio?
I'm not sure what this has to do with studio? Are you implying that anything done is Studio has to be free?

One of the very useful features of Studio will be for OEM companies to design their own interface or make changes to the base to better serve the customer.

I personally (as well as all the other STV developers thus far) have choosen to keep STV updates free. I think it really helps the community out.

Please don't read anything into what I've said and start thinking I'm going to nickle and dime people to death with options. It's not my intention.

What I'm talking about are independant programs that function well if called from SageTV. We're talking about the likes of replacement programs on the order of Dr. DivX, Easy CD Creator, MS Media Plus pack (MP3 ripper), etc...

All of these programs are already commercial programs and what I'm talking about doing is coming up with a LOWER COST alternative to using these programs that are built to look like SageTV and function very similar. This could be done by any of our programming community users without knowing anything about studio.

I would be greatful if someone wanted to volunteer to do this. If hooks are needed in the STV to support it then I'd add them as part of the base cayars STV.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
explore around the 20's to find the discussion. also, people shoudl use teh search this thread, it helped me a lot
Yeah, I had read the one you are talking about prior to posting - even though it may not have seemed like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
I noticed that when I use the mini guide, it starts from the last position it was in and not from the current channel, can you fix this, since in my opinion, I want to view the mini guide starting from the current channel, like it is in any cable/satelite box.
The difference with my request was to have the mini-guide "start" on the current channel, rather than your lowest channel (channel "2" in my case). Once you've started browsing, I agree with Carlo that having the guide remember the channel you were on in the guide and continue from there.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:54 PM
Sage Icon

Following up the previous message. I only brought up the topic in the first place to see if there was any interest in any of those "extended" options and see if it were even viable. Not one line of code has been written to do this, so it's a rather mute point anyway.

At some point I probably will do the DVD thing. If people bulk at $25 (guessing) to do this then I'll just write code in the FREE STV to use Roxio's Easy Media Creator and anyone wishing to burn DVDs from inside of sage can buy the product from Roxio for $79.95. Problem solved.

No big deal to me as I already have it.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
From a remote or from the keyboard? If remote, which one? What do you have your mini-guide settings set to?
I'm using an ATI Remote Wonder... I haven't tried from the keyboard. I'm not familiar with settings for the mini-guide, but I'm assuming that you mean via some config file.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

ptaylor -

If your ATI is not working correctly, be aware that the windows class name has changed between different versions of SageTV. Check the thread about the ATI plug-in for more details and updated plug-ins.

Very likely that is why some buttons on you remote are not working correctly. After updating things, my ATI works just fine now.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks... I'll update to the latest plug-in and see what that does for me.

Paul
Old 11-18-2004, 06:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaylor
I'm using an ATI Remote Wonder... I haven't tried from the keyboard. I'm not familiar with settings for the mini-guide, but I'm assuming that you mean via some config file.
There are a bunch of setting for the mini-guide and OSD in general. You can access both of them in Detailed Setup->Interface->OSD Options.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just wondering about a little thing in Cayars12. For some reason, I can't get it to turn off grouping in the Current Recordings listing. Is this just me or is this an actual issue. No matter what I do, it insists on putting up folders for the shows by name. FWIW, I didn't replace menu.xml when I installed Cayars12 after V21Fr2 because I had rearranged a lot of stuff. Is there something relevant in the new menu.xml file? I looked at it, but I didn't see anything. I assumed, possibly incorrectly that I could migrate directly from V21Fr2 to 12 without changing anything in .properties. Is there something I need to do.

It just keeps getting better and better. Thanks
Old 11-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Another TIVO feature I miss is the ability to have separate default recording qualities for live TV and for recordings. This change is probalbly a little more involved, but it would be nice if all LiveTV was recorded at Excellent quality, and the default quality for scheduled shows was able to be changed.

This does pose a problem when you try to record a show from the show buffer, but the way TIVO handles this is, when you choose to record a buffered show it asks if you want to record from the beginning at Excellent quality, or record starting now with the default recording quality - or you could go to recording options and pick a different recording quality.
I've been holding off on the next release trying to get some functionality like this in the STV. It appears to me that it's not doable as the core stands now.

Sorry about that but I tried. I do still think there "may" be a chance I can do this but it's pretty convoluted and I need to weigh the advantages/disadvantages of doing this to the code. So I'm going to come back to this after I try an OSD makeover in the next release.

I'm going to do a little testing and get this release ready to go.

Here's what coming in this release:
  • Detailed Setup> Interface> Picture Library Options> Rows in Picture Library, and Columns in Picture Library. When you click to change the rows or columns it reads "Enter the fontsize (1-5)" instead of enter row or column count.
  • Fixed Header columns in Capture by Device
  • Fixed issue with Overlay, no 3D accel, and Color Keying enabled using Enhanced Screensaver coming back out of sleep mode.
  • Fixed issue with Comskip not running in screen saver mode.
  • Made a few adjustments to Comskip internal routines that should allow Comskip to work better.
  • Added extended delete option to the "DELETE" function in the OSD.
  • Added "Recording Error" to Archived Recordings menu.
  • Added "Compress" to Archived Recordings menu.
  • Removed option Delete & Set Watched from DELETE Options as there is no need for this option.
  • Added Detailed Setup->Interface_>OSD Options->Prompt for Delete Options when show is finished.
  • Added code to OSD to prompt for show deletion at end of viewing based on above option settings.
  • Mini-guide now starts on your current channel.

Carlo

Last edited by Cayars; 11-19-2004 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoundz
Just wondering about a little thing in Cayars12. For some reason, I can't get it to turn off grouping in the Current Recordings listing. Is this just me or is this an actual issue. No matter what I do, it insists on putting up folders for the shows by name. FWIW, I didn't replace menu.xml when I installed Cayars12 after V21Fr2 because I had rearranged a lot of stuff. Is there something relevant in the new menu.xml file? I looked at it, but I didn't see anything. I assumed, possibly incorrectly that I could migrate directly from V21Fr2 to 12 without changing anything in .properties. Is there something I need to do.

I don't think I made any menu changes in the last couple of releases. Hmm, actually I think I renamed an option to fit better but nothing that affects the use of the menu.xml file. If you take a look at the list of changes since V21FR2 you will see if I did or not.

Whenever I make a menu change, I WILL note it in the release list, so you know if there is a change or not.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

I set the default to excellent and then set the recording quality for each show. If you use favorites you only have to set it once.

It would be a nice feature to have it both ways, but as it is thank god we don't have that Tivo floating 30 minute buffer which current Tivo employees have all but apologized for it and certainly distanced themselves from. As implemented it has huge flaws that cause people to lose their data all the time.

Worst . . . design. . . decision . . . ever.

peace . . .

Quote:

Another TIVO feature I miss is the ability to have separate default recording qualities for live TV and for recordings. This change is probalbly a little more involved, but it would be nice if all LiveTV was recorded at Excellent quality, and the default quality for scheduled shows was able to be changed.

This does pose a problem when you try to record a show from the show buffer, but the way TIVO handles this is, when you choose to record a buffered show it asks if you want to record from the beginning at Excellent quality, or record starting now with the default recording quality - or you could go to recording options and pick a different recording quality.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoundz

The menu wouldn't have anything to do with this. Do me a favor and do a screen shot (or type out the info) as it appears in your options screen in Current Recordings. I'll tray and duplicate your issue with the same settings. I have no problem on this end with grouping.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Sage User

Not sure how this happened but i was happily using 2.1 when suddenly i accuired well over 1000 channell listings, Now i am intimately aware of how my xmltv import works and i know it didnt come from there so i assume it was downloaded automatically from the us site. no big deal I disabled all of the channels and enabled all of my ones. all is good except for upcoming movies and searching for stuff they find all the disabled channells which is somewhat frustrating ie when i go to upcoming moveis it show disabled channels as well, when i search for all fields containing "vietnam" it finds stuff on all sorts of chanells. at least it is not trying to record them that is working ok but when i search it look through all of them.

any ideas?
Old 11-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Sage Icon

This is a little unusual type situation. May i suggest removing the channel lineup and then creating it again. I'll take a look at the code and see if I can filter out disabled channels. I'm kind of surprised it gave results back to me for channels that were disabled.