SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars

I could come up with some original addons tightly integrated with the STV to add additional functionality and charge a small price for it. Maybe have a free and paid version of such modules. I've given some thought to this over the last couple of days and here are some ideas. Feel free to p*ss on my cereal if you don't like the ideas. Tell me what you like and don't like so I don't waste time and effort of things people won't like.

CD/MP3 Ripping
DVD Burning
Real-Time commercial detection (timebar updates as commercials are found)
Ability to automatically cut MPG files based on comm detection.
Transcoding of MPGs to DivX with database updatings (SageTV gets adjusted information).
Queue management for commercial detection, cut management and transcoding.
Security addon based with user login. Create Dynamic menus based on the logged in user. Ability to control access to favorites, move to library, scheduling, delete, etc...

Do any of these things sound like they would be worth contributing for? Any other ideas? I'm open to any ideas.

I know i am late on this topic but the CD/DVD burning ripping option would be worth its weight in gold to me. It is THE only thing that is making me still look to other PVRs at the moment (although deep down I know I could never let myself leave the frey community). I just happen to do a lot of DVD-CD burning/ripping on my HPTC and this would make my life that much easier. Please keep us posted on your thoughts on this topic.
Thanks so much
JUC
Old 11-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

When I try to delete orphaned files via the GUI, I get the following error..
Windows cannot find 'C:\program files\frey technologies\sagetv\silent.vbs'

Makes sense because I have SageTV installed at D:\SageTV... If I run the orphan.bat file manually it works fine.. is there something hard coded in the STV that is causing this? Or is this a reference someplace else that I have just missed?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

Edit the menu.xml file in your sagetv directory and find where it has silent.vbs and replace the text with the appropriate directory then save the changes to menu.xml. Then right click the window in sage and reload menu.xml.
Old 11-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

In answer to my own question.. Found it.. it is hard coded in the Menu.xml file.. should have seen it there before.. my bad..

Now.. how about setting up a schedule to delete orphaned files and partial recordings?

Fantastic work, BTW.. I'm impressing more and more people with it daily, and I'm sure Frey is benefitting from it!
Old 11-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Sage Icon

Just use the windows scheduler to do that if you want.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks ToxMox.. I found that and fixed it.. just thought Cayars might want to look at it and make it a relative link in the future (not a biggie either way!).. and I do run the Windows scheduler now, but it would be a neat feature to have "Cleanup orphaned and partial files daily.. <yes><no>" in the GUI..

One cosmetic thing I have noticed as I have been snooping around (supposed to be doing work.. shh...) is that there appears to be two "Back" arrows at the top left corner of the Weather Suite page.. a smaller arrow overlapped by a larger one..

I know, ticky tack, but wanted to mention it..

Old 11-19-2004, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
cayars,

i got behind on updating and I'm on release 11. All I need is the STV file to update to release 13, correct?
Yes
Old 11-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Cayars,

Set the settings as you suggested.

If I turn Auto CC off, I still get the square box.

If I turn the color keying on, the square box goes away but then on any overlay stuff, all I get is the border and it looks nasty and hard to read.

Stacy
Try this. Shut down sageTV and go to the cayars directory under stvs.
Delete the file named "matte50%.png". Next copy the file named "mattesmall.png" to "matte50%.png" and restart sage and try turning on the color keying setting again.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
In answer to my own question.. Found it.. it is hard coded in the Menu.xml file.. should have seen it there before.. my bad..

Now.. how about setting up a schedule to delete orphaned files and partial recordings?

Fantastic work, BTW.. I'm impressing more and more people with it daily, and I'm sure Frey is benefitting from it!
Actually, I should probably do the smart thing and go through the code and look for every occurance of deletions and add code to delete any of the "extra" file types it finds.

If I do this correctly, there should be no orphan files. In case you're wondering I'd most likely make it a configurable setting in case somebody doesn't want to use it. I've been known to make things configurable on occasion.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
As far as I know, "Don't Like" trumps all, but I can't say that with 100% certainty. I'm not entirely sure whether a Watched & Don't Like show is even in terms of IR, since I can't remember if they cancel each other out. If I don't like a show, I usually clear the Watched status just to make sure.

But, if you mark a single episode of a Favorite as Don't Like, the fav should not record that particular episode whether it has been watched or not. You can try this yourself -- For one of your favs, mark a scheduled airing as Don't Like. It should be removed from the scedule when it updates, in several minutes. Clear that episode's Don't Like status & it should return to the schedule. Or, at least I believe that's what I've seen happen.

- Andy
Hmm, maybe I should run this one by Jeff and get some feedback on it. It would probably be a good thing to ask in order to be sure it's working the way we wan it to in regards to IR.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Sage User

Thank you bunches, Carlo. I'm enjoying your STV updates.

I've run into a couple glitches in the weather implementations.

1) The "Local Weather" menu selection worked in v12, but in v13 now fails with the error message "failed to run weather retriever" C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\weather\GetWeatherJava.exe My only change was to unpack Cayars13.zip. The failure is in both the client version (on another machine) and in the SageTV server running in non-service mode.

2) I have the Disk Info in the center position and am displaying the SageTV logos. On the Weather Info screens, the SageTV logo does not function as a "back" command. The triangle backarrow to its left does work. This was the case in both v12 and v13. Problem exists on both client and SageTV server running in non-service mode.

Case Lian Li PC-A71F, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, CPU Intel Core i7-860, RAM 8 GB, Encoders 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250's, VideoCard PowerCooler AX4350, OS Windows 7 Pro, SageTV 6.6.2, SageTV Media Extender, SageTV Client, SageTV PlaceShifter, Sage Webserver.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon

1) The "Local Weather" menu selection worked in v12, but in v13 now fails with the error message "failed to run weather retriever" C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\weather\GetWeatherJava.exe My only change was to unpack Cayars13.zip. The failure is in both the client version (on another machine) and in the SageTV server running in non-service mode.
I have never gotten the "Local Weather" function to work properly. I too get the same error message. I copied the property file settings into both my sage properties and my client properties and removed the space. I have verified that the path to the EXE is correct. Does anyone have this working? Thanks.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon

The first one is easy. www.weatherroom.com appears to be having a problem right now. Can you get to it in a brower?

Quote:
2) I have the Disk Info in the center position and am displaying the SageTV logos. On the Weather Info screens, the SageTV logo does not function as a "back" command. The triangle backarrow to its left does work. This was the case in both v12 and v13. Problem exists on both client and SageTV server running in non-service mode.
It doesn't. I've looked at this a few times and can't figure it out. I think this is the only screen in the STV that behaves this way. On this screen you're going to have to hit the little arrow or use the left command.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra
I have never gotten the "Local Weather" function to work properly. I too get the same error message. I copied the property file settings into both my sage properties and my client properties and removed the space. I have verified that the path to the EXE is correct. Does anyone have this working? Thanks.
PM me a copy of your properties file and let me take a look at it.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Weatherroom.com is just gone. Been gone since some time yesterday. Don't know if it's a problem with the Internet or just their servers are down. Anyway, as I've said before they are just to unreliable, so I've always used Weather.com instead. And, right now even they are slow and sluggish, so very likely there is a problem with the routing thru the Internet somewhere.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:12 PM

Just a FWIW. As I'm typing this, I can get to Weatherroom.com, from my location. I'm outside of DC but I tried several other zips for other parts of the country and they worked too. All this was directly from the browser.

Last edited by justme; 11-19-2004 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
The first one is easy. www.weatherroom.com appears to be having a problem right now. Can you get to it in a brower?
The site is back up and now the Local Weather is working for me as before. Thanks for the quick response. I was really hoping that hadn't broken in the STV, since you didn't indicate any changes to it. Thank goodness.

Thanks again for the STV work.

Terry

Case Lian Li PC-A71F, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, CPU Intel Core i7-860, RAM 8 GB, Encoders 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250's, VideoCard PowerCooler AX4350, OS Windows 7 Pro, SageTV 6.6.2, SageTV Media Extender, SageTV Client, SageTV PlaceShifter, Sage Webserver.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

So is this to say we could do black box projects?

peace . . .

Quote:
Simple answer. Yes
Old 11-20-2004, 12:32 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
  • Removed option Delete & Set Watched from DELETE Options as there is no need for this option.
Here's a scenario where you might want this, and where I use it.
When I have a favorite set to record First Runs and Re-runs, if I run across an episode that I have seen before - say, before I was using SAGE - I usually bring up the Delete menu then Delete & Set Watched.

I think the options should be as follows (the names also make a little more sense to me):
  • Delete & Set Watched - Deletes Episode, won't record it again. Will record different episodes.
  • Delete & Set Recording Error - Deletes Episode, will record it again due to error.
  • Delete & Set Don't Like - Deletes Episode, won't record anymore episodes.
Here's how they relate to your ideas from another post, your ideas are in bold...
  • Delete (maybe should be called "Just Delete" or "Delete Only") Remove this one, I think you should always Delete & Do something, even if it's just setting watched.
  • Clear Watched & Set Don't Like (this is really, "Delete, Clear Watched & Set Don't Like") <-- aka IR shouldn't record this type Same as my #3.
  • Set Watched & Clear Don't Like (this is really, "Delete, Set Watched & Clear Don't Like") <-- aka IR should record this type Same as my #1.

Let me know what you think...
Old 11-20-2004, 12:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

Feature Requests:
1. When hitting Stop on a video that is playing (not LiveTV) SAGE goes to the "Media Libraries" menu, can it go back to the "Recording Detail" menu of the show that you were watching?

2. Can we have an option of turning off transparent menus on the "LiveTV Guide"? I have a hard time seeing the "program type" colors due to the transparency. I don't want to turn it off for any other menu's just that one.

3. Also in the LiveTV guide, can you change the color (or give a choice of colors) for the highlighted program, the light blue tends to blend in with all of the other blues. Maybe make it orange or something.

Thanks again!