SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
just found something else

-I have my recordings style set to mlbdude and whenever i delete something, it still shows up. if i click on the show, it gives me an error sayign the file is no longer there. If i swtich to a different recordings style, its no longer there.
This could be a bug in the mlbdude version of recordings. If possible, could you try another 2.1 STV file that supports mlbdude recording styles and see if this issue is in both STVs or just mine?

Also worth trying in my STV. After deleting a file back out to the main menu and then go back into mlbdude recordings. When you do this is the "deleted" file still there?
Old 10-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I messed it up. Darn it. I had two different computers I was testing this on and pulled the info from the wrong computer.

If you already have weather working then just skip this but if you are using or trying to use the weather as delivered in my STV file do the following:

Adjust your sage or sageclient properties to the following:

mlbdude/weather_exe=\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\weather\\GetWeatherJava.exe
mlbdude/weather_exe_java=false
mlbdude/weather_file=\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\weather\\Weather.txt
mlbdude/weather_image_root=\\STVs\\OriginalV2\weather\images
mlbdude/weather_provider=www.weatherroom.com
mlbdude/weather_url=http\://www.weatherroom.com/xml/ext/
mlbdude/weather_zip=08322
I'm still having problems with weather. I edited my Sage.Properties file - but it seems to get overwritten back to normal as soon as I launch Sage...

What am I missing?

Last edited by Opus4; 10-26-2004 at 08:25 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 10-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

Sting7777, are you making these changes while Sage is running or in sleep mode? To make the changes properly SageTV needs to be shut down completely including the service if you are running it that way. Once everything is shut down you should be able to make the changes.

I'll bet you have the service running.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Sting7777, are you making these changes while Sage is running or in sleep mode? To make the changes properly SageTV needs to be shut down completely including the service if you are running it that way. Once everything is shut down you should be able to make the changes.

I'll bet you have the service running.
Nope - service is stopped and GUI is closed. I edit the Sage.Properties file and save it. Start the service and opent he GUI and weather doesnt work. Check the Sage.Properties - and the weather entries are gone
Old 10-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Sage Expert

hmm, i don't have another stv that supports mlbdude's recording screen. i'd rather not have to install one if at all possible, i'm kind of getting tired of all of these stv installs

the deleted files go away if i restart sage (not the service, the other part) but not if i do anything simpler, like exiting menus. i even tried changing recordings styles but that didnt' help.

can somebody who has another stv with mlbdude's recording screen help us out?
Old 10-26-2004, 07:28 PM
Sage Expert

sting,

are you editing sage.properties or sage.client.properties? what you are saying usually happens if you add stuff to the sage.properties that doesnt' belong (or if you edit without shutting down sage).

so to be clear, you have to edit the sage.client.properties file and the sage.properties file shoudl be left alone (for weather)
Old 10-26-2004, 07:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK - weather is still not working - but My Sage.Properties is after a reboot.

now i check the entries and they are there but not the correct ones.

trying again...
Old 10-26-2004, 07:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
sting,

are you editing sage.properties or sage.client.properties? what you are saying usually happens if you add stuff to the sage.properties that doesnt' belong (or if you edit without shutting down sage).
yah - i know. its weird - but the mlbdude stuff wasnt there at all

now its there and i can change it to reflect the changes i need for this STV

what puts those entries there is the first place? looks like the reboot did it.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

so its the client properties file that needed to be edited?

im confused.

edit:

I added the changes to both Sage.Properties and SageClient.properties and local weather now works

delete partial recordings does not - but I'm guessing thats a place holder

Last edited by sting7777; 10-26-2004 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

images weren't working - but its just a syntax thing - you might want to update the first page

\\weather\\images etc. etc. there are some erroneous spaces too...

I think I finally have it all working now. thanks!
Old 10-26-2004, 10:08 PM
Sage Icon

I noticed this already but can't get rid of the spaces.

I'm not sure what is up with the spaces. They aren't there when I'm editing the message but they keep coming back when i post it.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Sage Icon

Just a little tease of what I'm working on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tease.JPG (54.8 KB, 626 views)
Old 10-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Just a little tease of what I'm working on.
I might as well make the comment that _someone_ will make... if you look carefully, you'll notice that there is some text towards the bottom of the screen capture...

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
ROFL
Old 10-26-2004, 11:54 PM
Sage Icon

That's too funny. I never even looked at what was playing on screen when I captured that.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
so to be clear, you have to edit the sage.client.properties file and the sage.properties file shoudl be left alone
Which file to edit is a bit confusing at the moment...

If running sage in Service mode, everything related to the user-interface (STV file name, properties that affect the look/feel of an STV) should be edited in SageClient.properties (when the user-interface is shut down).

If you are not running in Service mode, then which file to edit depends on whether you are using SageTV (Sage.properties) or SageClient (SageClient.properties).
Old 10-27-2004, 05:24 AM
Sage Icon

Yea, it's going to be confusing for people for a while. I just figured I cover all bases by saying to adjust the weather info in BOTH files
Old 10-27-2004, 07:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yea, it's going to be confusing for people for a while. I just figured I cover all bases by saying to adjust the weather info in BOTH files
i couldn't get the weather images to work - although i did get local weather working. there were a couple of other missing pieces too (partial recording deletion etc)

remember - i am doing all of this as a clean install.

anyway - i ended up back with a basic OriginalV2 with all of the Nielm imports for now and will check back on this STV in a bit. I still like the idea of an all-in-one STV.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:33 AM
Sage Icon

I should have probably mentioned earlier that you shouldn't run Nielm's custom imports in my STV. At least NOT any of the ones that are currently implemented in the STV itself as I sometimes need to makes changes to them due to the nature of the STV and all the interaction of pieces going on inside it.

I just checked the STV and "Delete Partial Recordings" is in there and working on my two systems. This doesn't require anything external so I'm not sure what's up with this. Anyone else having a problem with the "B" version getting "Delete Partial Recordings" working?

So at present you have local weather working but not the Weather Suite?

I'll be releasing a "preview" version of "C" later tonight or early tomorrow. It will most likely only be the STV itself without all the packaging. I'm going to want a few people to bang on it before I wrap it up for general use.

The main new feature will be a mini-guide as previously shown in a JPG image. I can't get it to function exactly like Mlbdude's does but it's very close. I used his code as a base to see what he was doing but ended up having to code a lot of it from scratch for 2.1 so that I have everything incorporated into the "stock" MEDIAPLAYER OSD. I'll want to get some feadback on it. At present it also features the Semi-transparent OSD for OVERLAY users. It works fine via KEYBOARD command but I need to load it up on my main machine and test remote functionality.

I'm probably going to have to change some of the Detailed Setup routines also since I'm not using each and every option. If time allows I'll also try to clone some of the other MEDIAPLAYER OSD enhancements like only showing the volume windows when volume is changed instead of showing everything, etc...

Carlo

Last edited by Cayars; 10-27-2004 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I should have probably mentioned earlier that you shouldn't run Nielm's custom imports in my STV. At least NOT any of the ones that are currently implemented in the STV itself as I sometimes need to makes changes to them due to the nature of the STV and all the interaction of pieces going on inside it.

I just checked the STV and "Delete Partial Recordings" is in there and working on my two systems. This doesn't require anything external so I'm not sure what's up with this. Anyone else having a problem with the "B" version getting "Delete Partial Recordings" working?

So at present you have local weather working but not the Weather Suite?

Carlo
Using a completely clean 2.1.8 RC5 install and then installing your files - weather works after modifying the properties files - but there are no graphics on the local weather page. Weather suite works fine. Partial recording deletion does not work and complains about a missing internal menu.