SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

Whats wrong with Billy He is from my home town.

My brother worked for him during the summer in the phone center taking donations.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Netflix

Just a little side tip for Netflix customers. Netflix has your personal Queue and shipping notifications available as RSS feeds so you can view your list and receive notifications through Sage.

peace . . .
Old 11-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

I downloaded all the files and installed like the instructiosn said, but I have nine of the features... What did I miss or do wrong?

I'm on Sage 2.1.10
Old 11-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

You don't provide any details so it's hard to say.

Assuming you got all the steps right, did you switch to the Cayars STV?

Then what happened?

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgroves
I downloaded all the files and installed like the instructiosn said, but I have nine of the features... What did I miss or do wrong?

I'm on Sage 2.1.10
Old 11-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I forgot to switch to Cayers13.stv

Looks like it works now.... WOOT !!!!!111

Except the Weather. The Local weather is right for 37923 zip code, but the Weather Suite is wrong. It's selecting Frankinville, NJ, and if I click Change Location, I only get Frankinville, DC, Pittsburg, NeW York and New Haven. WHere can I change this to my select cities... Knoxville, TN; Atlanta, GA; Orlando, FL; DC; etc....

THanks

Last edited by rgroves; 11-23-2004 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
the Weather Suite is wrong. It's selecting Frankinville, NJ, and if I click Change Location, I only get Frankinville, DC, Pittsburg, NeW York and New Haven. WHere can I change this to my select cities... Knoxville, TN; Atlanta, GA; Orlando, FL; DC; etc....
See: STV IMPORT: Weather Report Suite Discussion/Support. There is a link in the very first post for WRS info & instructions.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Sage Icon

Hey Opus4,

Which STV are you running these days?
Old 11-23-2004, 06:22 PM
Administrator

MalDude2, of course. It has everything I make use of.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
What you're looking at are various image files that are sometimes displayed. There are several entries in the .properties file that also control text size, style, and various colors. I'm to lazy to figure out what they all are and/or what they may change, but I think you might find what you want to alter in the .properties file. There are a few things that are hardcoded in the STV too I'm sure though.
Nope, checked there already. Carlo, do you know the images i'm talking about? I think they might be the same one, but its the blue highlight that you get when highlighting upcoming recordings, recordings on teh recordings screen, stuff on the right side of teh setup screen (its actually showing up green on the left). Also, might be same but might not, the letter in IMDB search or favorites search. basically i want all highlights ot be green. but before that, i want to know if i can change them or if they are hard coded
Old 11-23-2004, 07:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Except the Weather. The Local weather is right for 37923 zip code, but the Weather Suite is wrong. It's selecting Frankinville, NJ, and if I click Change Location, I only get Frankinville, DC, Pittsburg, NeW York and New Haven. WHere can I change this to my select cities... Knoxville, TN; Atlanta, GA; Orlando, FL; DC; etc....
Actually, take a look at the configuration instructions Cayars put in either the first or second post of this thread. It tells you exactly what to do for the weather suite.

In a nutshell you need to edit the weatherconfig.xml and change the Frankinville, NJ entries to the city of your choosing. I think you also have to put your zip code.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:17 PM
Sage Expert

Nagging things that haven't been fixed:

-Background Commercial Processing is still not working for me. I have the screen saver turned off on sleep and I'm getting nothing. It only seems to work if I exit the UI completely. I'm not sure if you'll fix this now since livetv commercial detect is on the way but it woudl be nice if livetv is too much processor

-imported videos and mp3's still don't work. This is definitely an STV specific problem as they seem to work fine in the original STV. I get the video renderer errors that I get with media types not supported by Sage or sometimes the UI just freezes.

Just makign sure these dont' get lost
Old 11-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Nagging things that haven't been fixed:

-Background Commercial Processing is still not working for me. I have the screen saver turned off on sleep and I'm getting nothing. It only seems to work if I exit the UI completely. I'm not sure if you'll fix this now since livetv commercial detect is on the way but it woudl be nice if livetv is too much processor

-imported videos and mp3's still don't work. This is definitely an STV specific problem as they seem to work fine in the original STV. I get the video renderer errors that I get with media types not supported by Sage or sometimes the UI just freezes.

Just makign sure these dont' get lost
Using version 13 of the STV, all of these things work perfectly on 3 of my computers. Now it could be that something is broken in the BCP but I don't see it because we are running different settings/options. Can you list or take a screen shot of these options in detailed setup for me?

Can you explain more about the video and MP3 errors you're getting. This is the first time I recall hearing about this.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
MalDude2, of course. It has everything I make use of.

- Andy
I was wondering if I made a convert out of you yet. Guess I'll have to work harder!
Old 11-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Nope, checked there already. Carlo, do you know the images i'm talking about? I think they might be the same one, but its the blue highlight that you get when highlighting upcoming recordings, recordings on teh recordings screen, stuff on the right side of teh setup screen (its actually showing up green on the left). Also, might be same but might not, the letter in IMDB search or favorites search. basically i want all highlights ot be green. but before that, i want to know if i can change them or if they are hard coded
I'm not sure I know what this is in reference to. Could you elaborate on what you're trying to do?
Old 11-23-2004, 08:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

Carlo, are you going to include the WRS menu items, or should I just import the module so I can get the options? See Below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsbst
(1) the default implementation of WRS does not get initialized when you launch SageTV, rather it gets initialized when you first load WRS. This is configurable

(2) the default implementation of WRS does not download images in the background (you can switch it so that it will obey the "maxage" attribute even when you are watching TV).

I'll have to get back to you on the properties that you use to change the behaviors listed above in (1) and (2).
If using the importable WRS, they are configurable in Setup->Detailed Setup->Enhancements->Weather Report Suite Options...
Old 11-23-2004, 08:24 PM
Sage Icon

First. Don't import any modules that currently exist in the Cayars STV. This WILL BREAK functionality as I've made extensive changes to everyone of them to work better in my STV.

Now to answer your question. They presently aren't in the 13 release. I'll add them to the 14 release which I'm planning on posting in a couple of hours.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Sage Expert

BCP: See the bcp.gif for setup information. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with those settings, as soon as I Sleep sage, comskip.exe shoudl be running, correct? Even still, I left Sage sleeping all night and it didn't process any of the 5 shows that it could have processed. Also, I have "Screen Saver on Sleep disabled."

Music/Videos: So, I was confusing two issues. The real problem specific to your STV is that if I click a song or movie, it starts to play, I can hear it in teh background. Then when I try to go to the full screen to visualize it (either by pressing teh TV command or clicking on the preview), it just freezes. Sometimes it just skips in place, sometimes it just does a complete freeze.

Image Stuff: Take a look at background1.gif with the green highlighter and background2.gif where the Upcoming Recordings is highlighted with blue. I want it to be highlighted wtih green. To get background1.gif, I just changed out newMenubar.png with a bar from SageMC picture file. Just wonderign if I can make a similar substitution to get those other things green.
Attached Images
File Type: gif bcp.GIF (68.5 KB, 278 views)
File Type: gif background1.GIF (76.1 KB, 260 views)
File Type: gif background2.GIF (65.3 KB, 260 views)
Old 11-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Sage Icon

abasu: about your comskip issues...let me ask you: It works at first then it stops working after a while? If so have you noticed any errors with comskip.exe itself throwing any windows exceptions etc?
Old 11-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Sage Expert

toxmox, how could i check this? it might be the case that it works at first and its turning itself off but I've never seen any dialog boxes open saying comskip failed. Should I turn on a comskip log?
Old 11-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Sage Icon

No no logs or anything. I experienced a windows exception dialog the other day saying comskip had failed. You would have noticed it. I do believe however that once you disable the background commercial processing and then later re enable it that you need to quit the sage interface and load it again for it to start bcp. Although I'm not 100% sure on that yet.