SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-23-2004, 09:04 PM
Sage Expert

yeah nothing like that toxmox. in fact, right now i'm trying to do everything i can to get comskip to run and its not running. disable then re-enable, restarts. no luck.

EDIT: Didn't wait long enough i guess. now it seems to be running. But this is after i enabled it after disabling (with a restart in between). I'm just tring to fiugre out why it stopped to begin with.

Last edited by abasu2003; 11-23-2004 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:12 PM
Sage Icon

I was wrong about having to restart sage after re enabling. BCP starts up again properly after changing the property. I'll continue to debug this for the next day or so and report my findings.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Sage Icon

Just so you know, ComSkip doesn't kick in right away. It waits like 10 minutes or so after starting SageTV. At least it used to. I might have changed it along the way.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
BCP: See the bcp.gif for setup information. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with those settings, as soon as I Sleep sage, comskip.exe shoudl be running, correct? Even still, I left Sage sleeping all night and it didn't process any of the 5 shows that it could have processed. Also, I have "Screen Saver on Sleep disabled."
The hooks for "sleep mode" are tied to the screen saver. So if you have the screen saver disabled then the routines to kick off ComSkip while sleeping never get called.
Quote:
Music/Videos: So, I was confusing two issues. The real problem specific to your STV is that if I click a song or movie, it starts to play, I can hear it in teh background. Then when I try to go to the full screen to visualize it (either by pressing teh TV command or clicking on the preview), it just freezes. Sometimes it just skips in place, sometimes it just does a complete freeze.
What happens if you click the visualize button. Does this work or cause an error too?
Quote:
Image Stuff: Take a look at background1.gif with the green highlighter and background2.gif where the Upcoming Recordings is highlighted with blue. I want it to be highlighted wtih green. To get background1.gif, I just changed out newMenubar.png with a bar from SageMC picture file. Just wonderign if I can make a similar substitution to get those other things green.
Yes, you can switch out the graphic file as you already noticed. However, you can't change the color of the recordings as the background and borders have significant meaning. Also you'll notice something new in the upcoming release which makes use of the same space and many people are going to really like it. Keep and eye out on this.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Sage Icon

Just a FYI: If anyone thinks they are having ComSkip issues, try a manual ComSkip processing first using the "Comm Detect" menu choice in the Details Screen. Let us/me know if this works when run manually.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I'll add them to the 14 release which I'm planning on posting in a couple of hours.
Where is it, where is it!?
I'm losing sleep over here.
You know it's almost 1am for us East Coaster's, I'm here trying to hold my eyes open, waiting for release 14!
Old 11-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Sage Icon

Hey, I'm an East Coast guy to (NJ) and I'm loosing sleep too.

Actually, if truth be known I had an issue and lost a bunch of work in a new feature. I had to re-write it and then test it which is done. I'm now adding a buch of little things.

I'm on a roll and keep thinking of things to add/change so I'm going to keep at it for another hour or so.

Sorry for the delay, but you'll like it.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:50 AM
Sage Expert

-comskip does work manually.

-so are oyu saying that if i have screensaver disabled, i can't have background com processing?

-visualize button does not work. actually, in other STV's, I'm not getting any visualizations, even when I press the visualization. my videos work in the other STV's though. most of them are 3-5 minute sports highlights in avi and mpg formats.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:56 AM
Sage Icon

abasu2003,

Actually ToxMox pointed out to me that it was implemented a little different then I thought it was. So actually it should still work with the screensaver disabled.

If you're using V13 and it work's manually then it should work in automatically to.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:15 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Music/Videos: So, I was confusing two issues. The real problem specific to your STV is that if I click a song or movie, it starts to play, I can hear it in teh background. Then when I try to go to the full screen to visualize it (either by pressing teh TV command or clicking on the preview), it just freezes. Sometimes it just skips in place, sometimes it just does a complete freeze.
I have the same problem with playing MP3s and visualizations. It skips in place when you go to visualize. I know we have mentioned several times. I have tried several other STVs (OriginalV2, SageMCE, XMZV) and I don't have this issue. I have this problem using Cayars13 and malore21.

I'm still wondering if this issue was inherited from malore21.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

does anyone have compression working? I'm not sure where this is at in the compression thread so I don't know how to configure it...

thx
Old 11-24-2004, 06:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Cayars,

I just ran into a bug with R13 this morning. It's not too big, but you should be aware. Changing the audio bit rate in the compressor doesn't seem to have an effect ever. Also, changing the video bit rate, at least on a client, doesn't have an effect.
The audio bit rate problem showed up on server and client machines.

thanks!
Old 11-24-2004, 07:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to remmy925 Send a message via AIM to remmy925 Send a message via Yahoo to remmy925
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. I like to use the 3d accelteration. I have a cheap MSI FX5200 card. From time to time when I bring up the live TV guid things wig out and I get garbled shadding to the TV menue. I can see text...TV behind looks fine. Its almost like it cant fill the polygons used for the menu properly. I had this problem with another STV. Not sure which one. Might be a carry over since this is a combo of STVs. Any else seen this and is there a setting to fix this or something that needs to be done about this?
Old 11-24-2004, 07:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just installed version 2.1 and this STV and my Current Recordings menu is blank! Everything else is fine. If I switch back to the OriginalV2, they show up. No problems with imported, archived, or any other menus though. Any thoughts?

As background, I previously had v2.0 and Nielm installed.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:32 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
I notice that when I use the IMBG menu, the BACK button does not take me back to the DETAILED INFO screen. Anyone else experience this?
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 11-24-2004, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgorrell
I just installed version 2.1 and this STV and my Current Recordings menu is blank! Everything else is fine. If I switch back to the OriginalV2, they show up. No problems with imported, archived, or any other menus though. Any thoughts?

As background, I previously had v2.0 and Nielm installed.
Try right clicking (options menu) and set the filters back to all or everything type settings. See if this helps you get the ball rolling.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

Com skip works on server, not on client.. for me ..

I can't seem to get ComSkip to work on my sageClient! It works wonderfully on the server. All the recorded shows now have the required .txt file for them.. when I pull up any recorded show on my client I don't see the "Gaps" in the timeline that indicates it is using the comskip data. I changed all my directories to use UNC.. for example all my recordings are now in a share on my server, referenced by both the server and my client as:
\\server\videos

I have comskip enabled in the setup menu on both server and client as well..

Any idea what I am missing, or doing incorrectly?

Thanks all!
Old 11-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
I can't seem to get ComSkip to work on my sageClient! It works wonderfully on the server. All the recorded shows now have the required .txt file for them.. when I pull up any recorded show on my client I don't see the "Gaps" in the timeline that indicates it is using the comskip data. I changed all my directories to use UNC.. for example all my recordings are now in a share on my server, referenced by both the server and my client as:
\\server\videos

I have comskip enabled in the setup menu on both server and client as well..

Any idea what I am missing, or doing incorrectly?

Thanks all!
Take a look at a detailed view of one of your files. I bet it will still show a path of C:\videos instead of \\server\videos. See if this is your problem. If so there is a FAQ posting that describes the process to convert your OLD files over.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:34 AM
Sage Icon

In case that doesn't work the other thing you need to do is make sure the user account you are running the Sage Client as has access to that share. You should be able to test this from the client machine by bringing up windows explorer and typing in your \\server\videos in the address field and if you have it set up properly you should have access.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am using version 13 and I cant seem to find the option for auto skip enable
I looked in the sage properties file and it says enabled but it does not auto skip any suggestions?