SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok I set it in the sage client properties file and now it skips but I still cant find it in the stv
Old 11-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Sage Icon

It is in the options menu during playback.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson
ok I set it in the sage client properties file and now it skips but I still cant find it in the stv
This has been mentioned a few times here in this thread. This is a pretty large thread so a good way to search for specific information is to use the Search Thread function.

I have changed this in V14 to default to on. I have also added a property setting in the Detailed Setup along with all the other ComSkip options.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson
I answered all of this before, see my previous post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
And..... on the commercial detect side, can you clarify when commercial detection occurs? Maybe it was under nielm's, but I remember seeing a menu somehwere that said something like "always commercial detect when recording is finished" or something.

Detailed Setup>Comercial Skip>Enable Background Comercial Processing, then you will see the options (While Awake, While Recording).

Quote:
Also on Comm Detect, how does one get the system to skip automatically while playing. I also remember a menu in an STV that turned that feature on.

This one's a little trickier - Detailed Setup>Interface>OSD Options>Modify>Enable Malore options.

Carlo, I'm all for giving Marlore props, but you might get less questions about this if it had a different name and if it was in the Comercial Skip screen.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Carlo, I am going to answer any questions I can so you can finish your work, looks like you are getting bombarded... no wonder you haven't gotten Release 14 out yet.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
I notice that when I use the IMBG menu, the BACK button does not take me back to the DETAILED INFO screen. Anyone else experience this?
Can you explain more? Do you mean the IMDB search from the Program Information menu?

Last edited by rsagetv99; 11-24-2004 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmy925
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. I like to use the 3d accelteration. I have a cheap MSI FX5200 card. From time to time when I bring up the live TV guid things wig out and I get garbled shadding to the TV menue. I can see text...TV behind looks fine. Its almost like it cant fill the polygons used for the menu properly. I had this problem with another STV. Not sure which one. Might be a carry over since this is a combo of STVs. Any else seen this and is there a setting to fix this or something that needs to be done about this?
I have had similiar issues with a similarly bad card. I ended up going back to the Intervideo codec as my MPEG2 Video Decoder filter. I am sill able to use VMR9, with not stuttering or garbling, but the video does not look as crisp.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

Right as usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Take a look at a detailed view of one of your files. I bet it will still show a path of C:\videos instead of \\server\videos. See if this is your problem. If so there is a FAQ posting that describes the process to convert your OLD files over.
I do see that pathing in the detail view as not using the UNC.. I can't, however, find that FAQ you refer to! Any pointers or links you could provide to get me there would be VERY helpful!

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Sage Icon

I've made an extreme amount of changes in this version of the STV. Before I update the first message in the thread I'd thought I'd post it here first and let you guys bang on it for a couple of hours and see if you notice any new bugs that I can fix before I update the first message.

Release 14 Features:
  • *Fixed size of back arrow in Weather Suite.
    *Fixed bug in TV Recording Filters.
    *Added "Interface Version" to System Information.
    *Re-wrote small portion of Malor Modules to move video window to the top right and stop pauses in modules while loading information.
    *Squashed bug in Malore Recordings losing focus when a file is deleted from the OSD. (solution provided by ToxMox).
    *Added Icons to Malore Modules to show Watched, ComSkip, Closed Captioning, First Run Status (graphics & code written by ToxMox).
    *Changed graphic used for FirstRun in listings to use newer graphic by ToxMox "1st".
    *Modified ToxMox settings above and added these to Recoding Details, Aired Details, Archived Details and Live TV Guide.
    *Fixed Background video problem in Malore Modules (ToxMox found solution).
    *Added "Year of the show", "Parental Rating of the show", "CC of the show" & "Audio type of the show" to all Detail Info screens for Recording and Guides.
    *Adjusted TV Recordings Date to shrink slightly if needed to fit in allocated space.
    *Changed order of "Internal" and "Interface" buttons in Detailed Setup.
    *Renamed Logo/Screen Saver to Logo/Background/Screen Saver in Detailed Setup->Interface.
    *Moved Detailed Setup->Interface->Background to Detailed Setup->Interface->Logo/Background/Screen Saver.
    *Added the ability to display Episode Numbers in File listings and in Description Info.
    *Added new options for above Episode Numbers in Detailed Setup->Enhancements->Show Episode Numbers.
    *Changed functionality of ComSkip so you can now run ComSkip while show is recording (real-time).
    *Modified OSD Options to give you the ability to launch "Comm Detect". This option takes the place of "Com. Auto Skip" if no file is present.
    *Added new ComSkip.exe (.62) plus modified comskip.ini file.
    *Renamed "Show Malor Options" to "Show Extended Options" in Detailed Setup->Interface->Enhanced OSD Options.
    *Added new option to Detailed Setup->Commercial Skip->Use Commercial AutoSkip.
    Changed Delete Options to:
    Cancel <- the default menu choice
    Delete, Watched, Like
    Delete, Watched, Not Like
    Delete, Not Watched, Like
    Delete, Not Watched, Not Like
    *Modified manual delete methods to also delete files of ".txt",".smi",".xml",".log",".Vprj"
    *Modified Time to fit in recording listings.
    *Added "Character Set" option to Detailed Setup->Enhancements->Compress Options.
    *Renamed screen title "Categorized Recordings" from "SageTV Recordings".
    *Renamed Two Pain title from "Recordings" to "TV Recordings".
    *Added WatchBars to "TV Recordings", "Archived Recordings", "Categorized Recordings" & "Two Pane Recordings".
    *Changed name of menu item "Video Library (Current Recordings)" to "Video Library (TV Recordings). This is a shortcut to your Sortcut Recording view as defined in Detailed Setup.
    *Removed "Video Library (Archived)" from Media Libraries menu.
    *Created new sub-menu under Media Libraries called "Other Recording Views"
    *Added direct links to "Video Library (Not Archived)", "Video Library (Archived)", "Categorized Recordings", "Malore Style Recordings" & "Two Pane Recordings" in new "Other Recording Views" sub-menu.
    *Renamed dynamic menu file from "menu.xml" to "cayars-menu.xml" for better operability with other STV files that use the "menu.xml" file (cayars-menu.xml will now be the file you need to edit).
    *Numerious Internal Name Changes (start with fresh cayars-menu.xml file)
    *Changed Detailed Setup->Enhancements->Local Weather to "Weather Options". Moved ZipCode here and added options for the WRS Weather Suite.
    *Removed functionality to Import STV Modules in Detailed Setup-Advanced since this will cause problems for this STV.
    *Added new options to Detailed Setup->Interface->Watched Bars Options. You can enable/disable this feature, set the color bar used and set the transparency level.
    *Added new style Watched Bars to: Not Archived Recordings, Archived Recordings, Categorized Recordings, Two Pane Recordings, Malore Recordings.

You can download the update at http://www.tcw.net/sagetv/cayars14.zip
Let me know ASAP if you find any bugs.

I know this wasn't a very big release so I'll get busy working on something more substancial for version 15.

Hope you enjoy it,

Carlo
Old 11-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
I do see that pathing in the detail view as not using the UNC.. I can't, however, find that FAQ you refer to!
He is referring to this FAQ. I just updated the warning on that, since some people have been reporting problems with it recently. But, it sounds like SageTV is not seeing the UNC path -- are you using the service? If so, is it logging on as a user w/a password?

Are the read/write share permissions enabled for it? (What ToxMox said.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
I do see that pathing in the detail view as not using the UNC.. I can't, however, find that FAQ you refer to! Any pointers or links you could provide to get me there would be VERY helpful!

Thanks!
Try this:
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...2636#post52636
Old 11-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Sage Icon

Carlo,

Found a potential bug in v14. Please see attached. The new icons on the detail screen are covered up by the malore listing.

Stacy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (81.4 KB, 230 views)
Old 11-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Sage Icon

Darn you Andy, that's the second time today we were typing at the same time and you clicked the "Reply" button first.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Carlo,

Found a potential bug in v14. Please see attached. The new icons on the detail screen are covered up by the malore listing.

Stacy
What screen resolution are you running at?
Old 11-24-2004, 01:36 PM
Sage Icon

This is on my client running at 1920x1200. It also has this problem on my server, which is running 1776x1000.

I disovered something else, too. In your release notes it says that Imported Videos have been deleted from the Media Libraries menu. It's still there and you get an error if you try to select it. (See attached).

Stacy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15.jpg (62.7 KB, 210 views)
Old 11-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Carlo,

Stacy
OK, I just tried this on another TV with a different resolution and I get the same result as you. It looks fine in other Recording screens but not in the Malore screens.

Actually, the way ToxMox implemented this it worked great. I'm going to put this back the way he had it and upload a new zip. I'll let everyone know when it's been updated.

Also I didn't include the newest version of the menu file so you might get a couple of errors which will be included in the new zip.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Sage Icon

Carlo,
Your PM box is full.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Sage Icon

Carlo,

DELETE PARTIAL RECORDINGS also returns a "menu unknown" error.

Stacy
Old 11-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Carlo,

DELETE PARTIAL RECORDINGS also returns a "menu unknown" error.

Stacy
Yea, I mentioned two message up that I didn't get the latest menu file in the zip.

I just made some changes are reposted the zip file. New STV and menu file.
Same URL as above post.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Sage Icon

In case that wasn't clear (typo) I put up another zip file. It is still called Cayars14.zip so just download it again.

http://www.tcw.net/sagetv/cayars14.zip