SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-25-2004, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Question for Niel: I don't remember so I'll ask. Besided the one line in the properties file that loads the webserver classes are there any addition property settings?
there are a few more, (nielm/webserver/*) dealing with the tcp port to use, logging settimgs, file paths and SSL options+settings , but most people will not need to touch these.
(after delivering the web server, I changed ISP's and found my new one blocks port 8080 so the port setting property was useful!)
Old 11-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Sage Icon

the smi code is redundant since smi files can only exist if the show has cc in the extended description. can you post a screenshot of the icons looking tiny. i only put the logo on the right after you moved it there. i personally like that the icons dont jump around so i dont have to try and find an icon with my eyes. we could just implement it both ways and give users the choice. when you tested my code did you run my stv or one that you moved the changes into
Old 11-25-2004, 04:07 PM
Sage User

I am having troubles with the delete function. Whatever option I make the recording just won't delete. I have to use the recording error option to get the recording deleted.

Does anybody know what's wrong?
Old 11-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Quick question for everyone. I'm curious, how many of you guys using my STV are ALSO using Niel's new Web Stuff? I'll bet at least 70% are since you're all more geared to being power users then the typical SageTV user.
If you mean the web server/client. I installed it the same day that he released it. It works great, although I haven't done much except resolve conflicts with it. I showed it off to some friends too, they were impressed.

EDIT: When I say resolve conflicts, I mean "show" conflicts, not conflicts on my PC/Network. The software has not caused any problems with my environment that I know of.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oajungen
I am having troubles with the delete function. Whatever option I make the recording just won't delete. I have to use the recording error option to get the recording deleted.

Does anybody know what's wrong?
Try downloading the latest release of version 14, a lot of us had this problem early on, but Carlo fixed it and re-released version 14.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

I sure agree with this. PVR-350 owners never see the desktop so all the stuff that launches external browsers is missing for us.

I also use Nielm's web client. Not only does it work well, it looks great.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiwi
the other thing i would love would be an imbeded browser

-e

Last edited by Hector; 11-25-2004 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Where in the STV are the translation properties stored?
(Not the Menu.xml, but the 2.1 specific translation files. I already translated the original 2.1 STV, but the translation doesn't work with your STV)

Thanks in advance
Old 11-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methius
Where in the STV are the translation properties stored?
(Not the Menu.xml, but the 2.1 specific translation files. I already translated the original 2.1 STV, but the translation doesn't work with your STV)

Thanks in advance
Try changing the name of the translation file to "Cayars14Setup_i18n" and see if this does anything for you. The first part "Cayars14" should match the name of the STV file.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
the smi code is redundant since smi files can only exist if the show has cc in the extended description. can you post a screenshot of the icons looking tiny. i only put the logo on the right after you moved it there. i personally like that the icons dont jump around so i dont have to try and find an icon with my eyes. we could just implement it both ways and give users the choice. when you tested my code did you run my stv or one that you moved the changes into
Yea, actually that's pretty true.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Carlo,

I've noticed another anomoly....

If you go to Upcoming Recordings to see what's going to be recorded later, and you have a favorite in the llist, just clicking on it (or selecting with remote) will no longer bring up the detail screen, it will turn it into a manual recording.
Oh, now I understand what you're talking about. This is the way it's suppose to work. Clicking/selecting it is SUPPOSED to set it to a manual recording. If you want detailed info you need to click the right arrow or use the right arrow key on your remote.

It's still a favorite show. The difference is that the MANual icon is shown instead of the FAVorite icon.

I'm trying to make sure that the way the IconBar works is consitant across alll modules. In many of the screens the IconBar is used in I've got a space issue. So what I had to do was not add the REC and MAN to the other icons or try and use some logic that allows me to not show other icons when using these two.

What I did was use the same space allocation for two sets of icons. The first is WATCHED/REC and the second is FAVORITE/MANUAL. The logic although not 100% accurate goes like this. If you are currently recording a show then you can't have watched it already. Technically, you could be recording the show an additional time so you could have watched it before while you are recording it. However, 99% of the time you can't have a show that is watched while it is being recorded.

The second choice to save space is the favorite and manual icons. This was a harder decision on my part. Most of the time in normal use of SageTV you frankly don't set a MANual recording of a show that is going to be recorded by your favorite setting. So what I did was take a different approach to these two icons. I use them to DENOTE the method used to record the show. Looking at these icons in this manner it would be impossible for it to be both a favorite and manual. I basically used the same logic SageTV always has in it's use of colored borders. Manual always take highest priority.

What I tried to do with the icons is only show you the smallest number of icons to represent the most important information for quick scanning/processing of the brain and eyes.

Carlo

Last edited by Cayars; 11-25-2004 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:05 PM
Sage Icon

I can duplicate this:
Quote:
I can't duplicate this. It goes to the detailed screen for me. Can anyone else try this and report your findings?
It happens in the Upcoming Shows/Movie Schedules
Old 11-26-2004, 03:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think this STV is the bomb, and love how its has EVERYTHING. The one problem I have that I can't seem to find in this thread is that sometimes it just don't work.... If I try to load up video (RECORDED, LIVE TV, IMPORTED etc any video)
It sometimes doesn't load properly. It loads the video, sometimes I can hear it, but the menu stays on the screen at the top and bottom with a black section in the middle where the video should be playing but isn't... Hard to explain but I'll try to get a screen shot. Its random so its tough. So to get out of this I have to hit STOP and then hit MENU then reopen the video and it works..... Anyone else get something like this? it seems to only happen with this STV. But I LOVE IT!!!
Thanks
Old 11-26-2004, 03:28 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Renamed "Show Malor Options" to "Show Extended Options" in Detailed Setup->Interface->Enhanced OSD Options.
I see no such option there. Is this why "Comm Detect" now shows up in the Options pop-up of LiveTV? Or is the "Show ComSkip Options" setting supposed to disable this. If not, need a setting to remove "Comm Detect" from the Option pop-up view in LiveTV or Recording playback.

Actually, I'd like an option setting to remove "Compress" and "Comm Detect" from all the Recording Detail screens as well, but that might be too complicated to do.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Mini-guide now starts on your current channel.
Works as stated on the client, but not on the server. Always initially starts on lowest channel on my server. What's with some things only working right on the client lately anyway?
Old 11-26-2004, 03:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

Things that were supposed to have been changed long ago and have not:

Logo/Screen Saver OSD Options=> Disk Status (Logo Position)
Menu & Disk Status=>Enhanced OSD Options=> Disk Status (Logo Position)

Only need one of the above.

"Show Upcoming Recordings in Menu" is still listed in the Enhanced OSD Options. This was supposed to be removed serveral releases back since it is handled by editing the .xml file instead.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

Video Library (Archived) => Archived Recordings

Does not play file when selected. Have to hit Info and then Watch Now. This is same as a previous problem that was corrected only now came back in a different place. Shouldn't be hard to fix since you did it before in other places.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Cayars,

I've noticed this (small) issue when using overlay and having a video preview box on the menus, there is a small black box right in the center of the preview. Could we incorporate that as a minor bug fix for the next release? I've attached the image...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg preview.jpg (284.8 KB, 685 views)
Old 11-26-2004, 07:14 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
I think you'll have the same problem in the weather suite too. It's the way the "back" command is implented. Best to hit the home key or use the left arrow up top.
Anyway to fix this for those of us who use SageTV strictly with a remote?
Thanks
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 11-26-2004, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
I see no such option there. Is this why "Comm Detect" now shows up in the Options pop-up of LiveTV? Or is the "Show ComSkip Options" setting supposed to disable this. If not, need a setting to remove "Comm Detect" from the Option pop-up view in LiveTV or Recording playback.

Actually, I'd like an option setting to remove "Compress" and "Comm Detect" from all the Recording Detail screens as well, but that might be too complicated to do.
Typo in the release notes. It should be the wording for comskip and not extended options.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfsoc
I think this STV is the bomb, and love how its has EVERYTHING. The one problem I have that I can't seem to find in this thread is that sometimes it just don't work.... If I try to load up video (RECORDED, LIVE TV, IMPORTED etc any video)
It sometimes doesn't load properly. It loads the video, sometimes I can hear it, but the menu stays on the screen at the top and bottom with a black section in the middle where the video should be playing but isn't... Hard to explain but I'll try to get a screen shot. Its random so its tough. So to get out of this I have to hit STOP and then hit MENU then reopen the video and it works..... Anyone else get something like this? it seems to only happen with this STV. But I LOVE IT!!!
Thanks
This is an issue in 2.1 from what I've seen. You probably don't see it in other STVs because they aren't pushing the "envolope" like this STV does. I too see this on occasion. I'd be surprised if this issue doesn't go away in the next release of SageTV as I think it relates to some of the other issues people are having with 2.1