SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Sage Expert

Just installed the newest version and found a few things:

-the cayars-menu.xml file did not automatically load. It loaded my old menu.xml file. I had to re-read the .xml file with the option from a menu screen.

-I still don't know how real-time com skip works. For instance, if I am not watching the show, is it getting comskipped while its recording? Is the only real time com skpping done when I am actually watching the show? EDIT: I started a comskip manually while recording a show, stopped playback, then came back to the show. When I resumed, it flashed a commercial break on the time bar for 2 seconds, and then disappeared. That can't be the right behavior

-I am having a problem with the new menu that is similar to my problems with some of malore's menus. Since they were isolated to malore's, I never did anything about them. If you notice the selection_problem.gif, I actually am selecting that South Park episode. I have not watched any of it, so none of it should be green. Its not even teh same type of green as if I had watched part of it. This only happens while Live TV is playing in teh window. This is similar to the Malore recordings screen in teh other gif file. Only happens when I am playing Live TV. Instead of a concrete background, I get these diagonally filled bright shapes.
Attached Images
File Type: gif selection_problem.GIF (84.0 KB, 299 views)
File Type: gif selection_problem_malre.GIF (98.8 KB, 292 views)

Last edited by abasu2003; 11-28-2004 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
You have a mismatched STV and menu file. Shutdown SageTV and the download file again. Then go back into sage and make sure you hace the version 14 STV selected.
Thanks again. Should have tried that from the beginning.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Instead of a concrete background, I get these diagonally filled bright shapes.
I have gotten those from time to time as well, although I haven't paid attention as to what caused it. The last time it happened I had to restart SAGE to get it to go away.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
I have gotten those from time to time as well, although I haven't paid attention as to what caused it. The last time it happened I had to restart SAGE to get it to go away.
Me too. I noticed it was only when watching video in a preview window.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
Me too. I noticed it was only when watching video in a preview window.

I noticed this problem for me was directly linked to the Watched Bar
Try disabling that and see if it goes away.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 11-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
I noticed this problem for me was directly linked to the Watched Bar
Try disabling that and see if it goes away.
it does. so, is that a no go on the watched bars with video preview?
Old 11-28-2004, 09:50 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
it does. so, is that a no go on the watched bars with video preview?
For me, yes, the UI is unusable for me when this is enabled.
It worked in Cayars13 and seemed to have broke in Cayars14
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 11-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
For me, yes, the UI is unusable for me when this is enabled.
It worked in Cayars13 and seemed to have broke in Cayars14
well, i think the issue is that cayars13 didn't have watched bars in the 2 pane recordings screen
Old 11-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
well, i think the issue is that cayars13 didn't have watched bars in the 2 pane recordings screen
I have gotten it in Malore's as well, don't think I got it in 13 though - even though Malore's had watched bars back then.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:16 PM
Sage Expert

like i said, I've had it in malore's since I started using cayar's STV, and even before that when I was using malore's screens in opus's maldude.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yes, it is using the Episode field. I made this an option. In your case you will want to turn this off. Detailed Setup->Enhancements->Show Episode Numbers.

It is fully (both menu items) disabled, and yet it still shows up.
This might be a small bug.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:39 AM
Sage Icon

I'm aware of the watched bar/preview problem. I think I've got it fixed. I'm doing my testing now with video in a window running about 70% of the time.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
It is fully (both menu items) disabled, and yet it still shows up.
This might be a small bug.
Noted, I'll check on it.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Are you guys using capturing CC data in your files?

Are you displaying CC data in the OSD?

If either answer in NO then make sure to disable detailed setup->Interface->OSD Options->Auto Overlay CC Support.

That should fix your problem.
I'm not capturing CC in my files (I have the registry key in for the CS feature tho) and I'm not displaying CC data. I did try your suggestion of disabling Auto Overlay CC Support, but the little black box is still there. Any other ideas?

thx
Old 11-29-2004, 08:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

also I have noticed that programs that are recorderded with no subtitle info, end up in the recoderd shows, as files without header.

if u look at the shows recorderd screen it shows as null
see attached screen shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg recorded show error.JPG (44.1 KB, 285 views)
Old 11-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Sage User

EPG description font size?

HI all,

First off, great stv. Nice to have everything I liked about the other stv's in one big, great one.

Secondly, my problem. I just can't change the font size of the EPG description. In the SageTV part of this forum Opus4 said to change the ui/base_font_size property, I tried that and no change (anywhere actually). I also noticed that in the stv "interface setup" you can't get it bigger than 18, any reason for this?

I'm using the PVR-350 output to my SDTV and the description is just too small.

Any clues?? Thanks!
Whiskeyjack
Old 11-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
I'm not capturing CC in my files (I have the registry key in for the CS feature tho) and I'm not displaying CC data. I did try your suggestion of disabling Auto Overlay CC Support, but the little black box is still there. Any other ideas?

thx
same here, not capturing cc... followed your advice Cayars and still have a little black box, maybe this will be fixed in the next version?
Old 11-29-2004, 09:53 AM
Sage Icon

For you guys not being able to get CC info working. This is what I'd suggest. Switch back to the OriginalV2 STV. See if you can get it working with this STV taking my STV out of the loop. If you can't get it to work with this STV, then you'll need to do a search or two of the forums for CC issues as these have probably been covered here.

If it works in the OriginaV2.stv and not in mine then that's another story...
Old 11-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack
HI all,

First off, great stv. Nice to have everything I liked about the other stv's in one big, great one.

Secondly, my problem. I just can't change the font size of the EPG description. In the SageTV part of this forum Opus4 said to change the ui/base_font_size property, I tried that and no change (anywhere actually). I also noticed that in the stv "interface setup" you can't get it bigger than 18, any reason for this?

I'm using the PVR-350 output to my SDTV and the description is just too small.

Any clues?? Thanks!
Whiskeyjack
I didn't see in the code where it used this property. Does this work in the originalv2.stv and I changed it? I'd like to know this, but I've made a change to the code for Version 15 so this now uses the ui/base_font properties.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
Thank you for all the features included that I like so much.

Would it to be possible to add something extra?

Well Sage does create backup files on its own, I have no idea based on what criterias it does it, but would it be possible to have a button someplace in your STV where by pressing it Sage would create backup of the configs and wiz.bin?

Thank you so much for this great STV that has everything.. so many people contributed to it and it just made Sage so great....
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.