SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
There is an option to create .xml for your recordings, the same is with show.xml, would it be possible to have it automatically created when each recording starts? That would be great if it could be done automatically...

Info in .xml file for each recording is not that great but always beter than nothing, would love to see much more put in into the description for example... but anyway if it was created automatically when recording starts it would be great.

Thanks.

Chris
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

can I ask for a new feature:

Currently there is no way for me to change what sage added for the program description, would it be possible to have a button to flush that out, including file names, and then after I repaired it, to store it back to the DB?

I have the previous problem with the nulls and it bugs I cannot change anything about it.

Thanks
Ilan
Old 11-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Sage Icon

chrysek, there is no need to do this. I don't think I can do it anyway as Sage will probably have the files locked when it's running.

I believe, SageTV makes a backup copy of these two files everytime it is ran. There is a batch file around here someplace that somebody wrote that will keep a weeks worth of these files and it rotates the content. Try doing a search and see if you could find this.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
can I ask for a new feature:

Currently there is no way for me to change what sage added for the program description, would it be possible to have a button to flush that out, including file names, and then after I repaired it, to store it back to the DB?

I have the previous problem with the nulls and it bugs I cannot change anything about it.

Thanks
Ilan
No sorry, can't do it.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

So I'm working on getting ComSkip to work on my test box, and it 'seems' to be working (while watching live tv). It creates the textfiles with the indexes, but it does not seem to update the watchbar at the bottom showing the commercial breaks. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

thx
Old 11-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack
HI all,

First off, great stv. Nice to have everything I liked about the other stv's in one big, great one.

Secondly, my problem. I just can't change the font size of the EPG description. In the SageTV part of this forum Opus4 said to change the ui/base_font_size property, I tried that and no change (anywhere actually). I also noticed that in the stv "interface setup" you can't get it bigger than 18, any reason for this?

I'm using the PVR-350 output to my SDTV and the description is just too small.

Any clues?? Thanks!
Whiskeyjack
Stupid me! Need to do the change in the sageclient.properties since I'm running the service!! Works now, thanks anyway Cayars.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
So I'm working on getting ComSkip to work on my test box, and it 'seems' to be working (while watching live tv). It creates the textfiles with the indexes, but it does not seem to update the watchbar at the bottom showing the commercial breaks. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

thx
If you open the text file while the show is playing do you see any commercial cuts being added into the text file?

Is this on the server or on a client?
Old 11-29-2004, 02:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
If you open the text file while the show is playing do you see any commercial cuts being added into the text file?
I'm seeing the same thing running the GUI on the machine running the server. Comskip is creating cuts, albeit slowly, but they don't show up. Interestingly, If I stop the playback and then start it again, it appears that the commercial breaks show for an instant and then disappear. A clue maybe?
Old 11-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is on a server, and the cuts are being added. Here is a sample of the text file...

FILE PROCESSING COMPLETE
-------------------
7775 12314
19339 22509
29361 33444
38840 41552
Old 11-29-2004, 03:42 PM
Sage Icon

After a manual comskip is run from the recording details screen I get a commercial detection failed error even though comskip completes successfully and writes a show.txt file that has commercial breaks.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Red face

Quote:
No sorry, can't do it.
Thanks anyway

keep up the good work
Old 11-29-2004, 04:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
Thanks anyway

keep up the good work
BTW, that wasn't "I won't do it", but an "I can't do it" type thing. Just wanted you to know.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:37 PM
Sage Icon

I'll dig in a little and take a look at the CS code.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs up

Old 11-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Sage Expert

Unhappy HELP! This skin just KILLED my sage 2.1!

I installed 2.1 with no problems, everything worked.

I followed the instructions to the "T", downloaded and extracted the files to where they are to go...S of and now I get VERY LITTLE functionality, and TONs of errors popping up.

It really is quicker to say what is working and what is not..

WORKING:

VEIW TV
GUIDES (main guides, not upcommming movies, etc..)
TIMED RECORD ONLY
NEWS

Thats basically it.

I cant see or edit favorites, view anything recorded on mydrive already, see any weather information or schedule anything!

Every error is about the same:

"ERROR: Unknown Internal Screen "Detailed Setup modified by CCayers""

HELP!!

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 11-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Sage Expert

broderp,

make sure you have the cayars-menu.xml file in the root directory. This should be included in the Cayars14.zip. Then, from any menu, go to the options screen (you can get there by doing a right click with the mouse) and go to "Re-read menu definition file."
see if that solves the problem.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
I installed 2.1 with no problems, everything worked.

I followed the instructions to the "T", downloaded and extracted the files to where they are to go...S of and now I get VERY LITTLE functionality, and TONs of errors popping up.

It really is quicker to say what is working and what is not..

WORKING:

VEIW TV
GUIDES (main guides, not upcommming movies, etc..)
TIMED RECORD ONLY
NEWS

Thats basically it.

I cant see or edit favorites, view anything recorded on mydrive already, see any weather information or schedule anything!

Every error is about the same:

"ERROR: Unknown Internal Screen "Detailed Setup modified by CCayers""

HELP!!
You installed the zips while SageTV was running. You can do this but you need to right click on a menu and then select Re-read menu definition file. It's best to shut sage down before overwriting files since some files may be locked and not updated correctly. This is generally a good idea to do with any program.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I've made a change to the code for Version 15 so this now uses the ui/base_font properties.
Carlo, will there be any changes from post 884 in release 15?
Old 11-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Sage Icon

So will this change it on the Malore's Recordings screen?

I've wanted to change that for a while, but couldn't exactly figure out how.

In fact, I would prefer to reduce the number of rows AND make the font larger. Anyone familiar with the Malore's Recording view know if that is possible?

Either that, or if you would add auto-MOVIE grouping to the other Recordings views, amybe I woujld just switch to one of them.

With 30+ movies in my library at any time, I can't give up the AWESOME feature of combining all movies into their own group that the Malore view has though.

Jason Bottjen

Quote:
I didn't see in the code where it used this property. Does this work in the originalv2.stv and I changed it? I'd like to know this, but I've made a change to the code for Version 15 so this now uses the ui/base_font properties.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Sage Expert

Um, don't malore's screens have separate options for changing fonts? I'm not exactly sure how to get there anymore, but maybe look for this internal screen. i think you can actually get to it from the options screen of malore's commands but i may be wrong about that. i am pretty sure it has options to change both fonts and row numbers....

but i am drawing from memory. someone want to back me up on this.