SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-29-2004, 08:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
chrysek, there is no need to do this. I don't think I can do it anyway as Sage will probably have the files locked when it's running.

I believe, SageTV makes a backup copy of these two files everytime it is ran. There is a batch file around here someplace that somebody wrote that will keep a weeks worth of these files and it rotates the content. Try doing a search and see if you could find this.
Ah, great, thank you. Yeah it does make backup during the startup, but it also does make backup at other times too, I just cant figure out under what conditions does it make, I thought maybe sahe had some settings wchich maybe could be triger under certain conditions or something, but thank you so much for the thought I love your STV
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Carlo, will there be any changes from post 884 in release 15?
DeJaVu,

I'd still have to go with my reply in 891.

Short of having to try and implement the delete mechanism in SageTV I don't think I can guess what's going to be deleted. Unlike SQL (if you know what that is) there isn't an easy way to query the database to find this out.

I don't see this happening anytime soon or at all. I'm not sure what ToxMox had in mind. ToxMox, what/how were you thinking of doing this? Lots of filters/sorts?
Old 11-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

UPDATE: on the Favorite icon problem I was having. I deleted the Dr. Phil favorite on Friday, and deleted all of the episodes. Then I recreated it today to see if the new shows would get the Favorite icon... well, it didn't.

Can I ask what your STV looks for to determine if a show is a favorite or not? If you can get it to look at the same thing the Favorite Options/Add Favorite menu item in the "Recording Detail" screen uses, I think it might solve the problem. What I mean is, even on the shows that don't show the new Favorite icon, if I go to the Recording Detail on a Favorite, I get the Favorite Options menu item. If the show is a manual recording this option becomes Add Favorite.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Sage Expert

Red face

Quote:
You installed the zips while SageTV was running. You can do this but you need to right click on a menu and then select Re-read menu definition file. It's best to shut sage down before overwriting files since some files may be locked and not updated correctly. This is generally a good idea to do with any program.

NO, I did not. I shut down completely. I just re-installed and checked my files, and the same thing. Right clicking and re-reading the def file does no good.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 11-29-2004, 08:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
DeJaVu,

Short of having to try and implement the delete mechanism in SageTV I don't think I can guess what's going to be deleted. Unlike SQL (if you know what that is) there isn't an easy way to query the database to find this out.

I don't see this happening anytime soon or at all. I'm not sure what ToxMox had in mind. ToxMox, what/how were you thinking of doing this? Lots of filters/sorts?
Well the delete was the first part of that post. For the delete icon, I was looking for an icon that would quickly tell you if a show had the potential to be deleted(set up as automatic delete) or would not be deleted(set up as manual delete). These manual/automatic delete settings that I am speaking of are in the list of options available when you set up a favorite.

I replied with this and to your other questions/comments in 892.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
DeJaVu,

When I said I was working on it I meant the part of his post that requested icons for manual recordings etc and don't like icons. I added these already in the little release mod I posted but I have no idea how we could figure out what will be deleted next. Something I'll take a look at though could be an interesting challenge and definitely see the potential to have some sort of screen that will tell you the automatic delete order.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:05 PM
Sage Expert

DO I have to have beta 5 or above for this to work? I just have 2.1.1. ????

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 11-29-2004, 09:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well the delete was the first part of that post. For the delete icon, I was looking for an icon that would quickly tell you if a show had the potential to be deleted(set up as automatic delete) or would not be deleted(set up as manual delete). These manual/automatic delete settings that I am speaking of are in the list of options available when you set up a favorite.

I replied with this and to your other questions/comments in 892.
Ah I see. I misunderstood your original post and thought you meant the difference between manual recordings and automatic recordings ie favorites etc.
Basically what you are saying is for favorites only you'd like to know what kind of favorite it is (how you set the deletion options for the favorite) with an icon. Maybe I'll make different colored favorite icons to represent the different delete options. I'll play around with this when I have some time.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Sage Icon

rsagetv, OK got ya. Not what I thought you were asking for. Just to be clear, what your asking for ONLY concerns the deletion of favorites?
Old 11-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
UPDATE: on the Favorite icon problem I was having. I deleted the Dr. Phil favorite on Friday, and deleted all of the episodes. Then I recreated it today to see if the new shows would get the Favorite icon... well, it didn't.

Can I ask what your STV looks for to determine if a show is a favorite or not? If you can get it to look at the same thing the Favorite Options/Add Favorite menu item in the "Recording Detail" screen uses, I think it might solve the problem. What I mean is, even on the shows that don't show the new Favorite icon, if I go to the Recording Detail on a Favorite, I get the Favorite Options menu item. If the show is a manual recording this option becomes Add Favorite.

Hope this helps.
Now I'm a bit confused. The favorite icon code uses the same criteria as when a show has the white border around it. Did the favorite icon work properly when you tried my mod that I posted? If so then the code is fixed in future releases.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
I'm lost. Beta 5 of what? If what I'm thinking your asking; you would want SageTV version 2.1.10 (ten, not one) and Cayars14.zip installed.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Use 2.1.10 but I doubt this would cause your probs. Where did you extract the zip files to exactly? Tell me where you unzipped all 3 zip files.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

cayars:

Any other ideas on the black box in the center of the preview window? It's a real pain and the wife won't let me use it until it is fixed
Old 11-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Sage Expert

Red face

I unzipped the JavaR1.Zip file to my "C:Program Files\Java\j2rel.4.2_04\lib\ext" folder.

I unzipped the CoreFilesR1.Zip & the Cayars14.zip file to my "C:Program Files\Frey Technolgies\SageTV\" folder.

I used windows XP's wizzard to extract and I manually browsed and selected these folders.Thanks for your help.

Old 11-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Sage Expert

broderp, also maybe if you tell us what your menus look like. what does the first screen look like, what are the things you can select.

the problem is your system isn't using cayars-menu.xml and it should be.

EDIT: so just to make sure, oyu have Cayars14.stv selected under setup-->advanced and you also have a cayars-menu.xml in your C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV folder, correct?
Old 11-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Sage Expert

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
broderp, also maybe if you tell us what your menus look like. what does the first screen look like, what are the things you can select.

the problem is your system isn't using cayars-menu.xml and it should be.

EDIT: so just to make sure, oyu have Cayars14.stv selected under setup-->advanced and you also have a cayars-menu.xml in your C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV folder, correct?
YES, I have the cayars-menu.xml in the correct place.

I dont have a setup-->advanced menu. I have a setup-->Detailed Setup. But thats the problem, I can't access it! I get a screen with.."ERROR: Unknown Internal Screen"Detailed Setup modified by Cayars"

I cant access ANY setup screens, all have the same message.

My first post literally lists what I can do. Even though I can't change or watch anything in the media libraries, SAGE appears to be recording along as normal. To bad I can't see then until I get this fixed!

My Main menu has:

View TV---I can watch TV OK
Media Libraries--NOTHING
Guides--"upcoming Movies" and Series Premeires is HOSED
Schedules---Timed recording is only one working.
Information/Other---web browser and web news feeds work
Utilities/setup---OK, I think...but NOTHING in setup menu (submenu that includes "setup wizar, channel setup, parental control, detailed setup, system information....ALL DO NOT WORK. toggle full screen is OK.
Stop Playback

It's not pretty.....

I also have a "current recording" window at bottom.

Last edited by broderp; 11-29-2004 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Now I'm a bit confused. The favorite icon code uses the same criteria as when a show has the white border around it. Did the favorite icon work properly when you tried my mod that I posted? If so then the code is fixed in future releases.
I tried both and I am still having problems, all of my favorites have white borders, but check this out.
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...0685#post70685

I am also attaching two more files to show what I mean. This time I used Carlos prefered recording screen. As you can see Dr. Phil has the white bars, but no Favorite icon. Also, in the details, you can see that the Favorite Options menu item is enabled, indicating it is a favorite. Other favorites do show the icon, so it's not like I don't have the icon(png) file...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WhiteBars.JPG (86.2 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg FavoriteOptions.JPG (96.6 KB, 215 views)
Old 11-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
rsagetv, OK got ya. Not what I thought you were asking for. Just to be clear, what your asking for ONLY concerns the deletion of favorites?
It would be nice to know, of the shows that can be automatically deleted, which ones will go first - but you can put this in release 30.

For now, it would be nice if just by looking you could tell if a show would be automatically deleted or if it would be held until you delete it manually.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
YES, I have the cayars-menu.xml in the correct place.

I dont have a setup-->advanced menu. I have a setup-->Detailed Setup. But thats the problem, I can't access it! I get a screen with.."ERROR: Unknown Internal Screen"Detailed Setup modified by Cayars"

I cant access ANY setup screens, all have the same message.

My first post literally lists what I can do. Even though I can't change or watch anything in the media libraries, SAGE appears to be recording along as normal. To bad I can't see then until I get this fixed!

My Main menu has:

View TV---I can watch TV OK
Media Libraries--NOTHING
Guides--"upcoming Movies" and Series Premeires is HOSED
Schedules---Timed recording is only one working.
Information/Other---web browser and web news feeds work
Utilities/setup---OK, I think...but NOTHING in setup menu (submenu that includes "setup wizar, channel setup, parental control, detailed setup, system information....ALL DO NOT WORK. toggle full screen is OK.
Stop Playback

It's not pretty.....

I also have a "current recording" window at bottom.
Shutdown all SageTV programs/services. Edit sage.properties and sageclient.properties (if present). Search for the line starting with:

wizard/widget_db_file

and change it to:

wizard/widget_db_file=C\:\\Program Files\\Frey Technologies\\SageTV\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\Cayars15.stv
(edit: there should only be two spaces in this line: between "Program"/"Files" and "Frey"/"Technologies", no space in the "Cayars15.stv". This space is caused by a bug in the forum.

Restart sage and you should be good.

Last edited by Cayars; 11-29-2004 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

What about the other ones in the 884/892 postings? Here's a snippet, but there is more...

Quote:
Also, since you added a "Watched" icon (which is the equivalent of "Like"), maybe you should add a "Don't Like" icon.

Quote:
Quote:
Here's my logic: If I'm watching a movie/show and "Stop", it's normally because I want to choose another movie to watch from my list. Educate me why you'd want to go to the detail screen instead. For the times I want to look up something on the show I bring up options in the OSD and choose "Detailed Info" which takes me back to that screen. Does this not work for what you want to do? I'm not saying I won't make it configurable, but I'd like to know the thought process behind your request.

I'm more complaining about it going to the "Media Libraries" screen, than asking for it go to the "Recording Detail" screen. The "Recording Detail" just seems like the natural place to go. The other choice would be to go back to the "SAGETV Recordings" screen with the group/show that you just played still highlighted (same as I suggested after a deleted show).
Or, what about this, can you make it go back to the screen you were on when you started the show? This seems like a good compromise: If you started from the "Recording Detail", the show goes back to "Recording Detail" when you hit "Stop"; Or, if you start the show from the "SageTV Recordings", "Stop" sends you back to "SageTV" recordings. What do you think?