SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Sage Icon

He means Cayars14.stv not 15. I'm pretty sure it is a typo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Shutdown all SageTV programs/services. Edit sage.properties and sageclient.properties (if present). Search for the line starting with:

wizard/widget_db_file

and change it to:

wizard/widget_db_file=C\:\\Program Files\\Frey Technologies\\SageTV\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\Cayars15.stv
(edit: there should only be two spaces in this line: between "Program"/"Files" and "Frey"/"Technologies", no space in the "Cayars15.stv". This space is caused by a bug in the forum.

Restart sage and you should be good.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
I tried both and I am still having problems, all of my favorites have white borders, but check this out.
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...0685#post70685

I am also attaching two more files to show what I mean. This time I used Carlos prefered recording screen. As you can see Dr. Phil has the white bars, but no Favorite icon. Also, in the details, you can see that the Favorite Options menu item is enabled, indicating it is a favorite. Other favorites do show the icon, so it's not like I don't have the icon(png) file...
The only thing I can think of is that you removed the favorite so at that point it wasn't considered a favorite recording anymore. But when you added the favorite back again, SageTV is smart enough to know that your "non-favorite" recorded show is the same as a new favorite so it will allow you to access the favorite details from the detail menu.

That's a guess. I really can't figure this out. In a nutshell if the border is white it should also show the icon since we are making the EXACT same call to the database to determine if it's a favorite.

The icon code has been redone for version 15 so we'll see how this goes.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
The only thing I can think of is that you removed the favorite so at that point it wasn't considered a favorite recording anymore. But when you added the favorite back again, SageTV is smart enough to know that your "non-favorite" recorded show is the same as a new favorite so it will allow you to access the favorite details from the detail menu.

That's a guess. I really can't figure this out. In a nutshell if the border is white it should also show the icon since we are making the EXACT same call to the database to determine if it's a favorite.

The icon code has been redone for version 15 so we'll see how this goes.
I only removed the favorite as a test, and the favorite was added back before the show was recorded so I wouldn't consider it a "non-favorite" recorded show. I have other shows that have been created as favorites only once, and are still having this problem (ie. Forensic Files). Can you setup a favorite for Dr. Phil and see if you have the same problem?
Old 11-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Sage Icon

Knowing that and considering that the border was white. IT WAS a favorite so I just don't know why the favorite icon didn't show up. I was trying to take a possible guess at something EVEN though I knew it was wrong .

Actually, when ever the border is white, the FAV icon should show up no matter what...
Old 11-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
He means Cayars14.stv not 15. I'm pretty sure it is a typo.
Oops, guess you can tell what version I'm running.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Sage Icon

rsage: When using the ToxMod3 stv does the favorite icon appear correctly in what you refer to as group views? Ie the small icon bar that is in the top row on the right hand side column of the SageTV Recordings view when using the Malore view as your shortcut? If it works there then we know where the problem is everywhere else.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
rsage: When using the ToxMod3 stv does the favorite icon appear correctly in what you refer to as group views? Ie the small icon bar that is in the top row on the right hand side column of the SageTV Recordings view when using the Malore view as your shortcut? If it works there then we know where the problem is everywhere else.
Yes, using your release, in the group listing the favorite icon is shown for the group - however, when I go to the Recording Detail screen the icon is not there.

EDIT: The shows that I am not having any problems with have the icon in both places.

Last edited by rsagetv99; 11-29-2004 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Yes, using your release, in the group listing the favorite icon is shown for the group - however, when I go to the Recording Detail screen the icon is not there.
I'm quite aware that the code is different in the Recording detail screen as it is from the Malore style recordings menu. I only fixed it in the group view. Oh and BTW the icons only represent the currently active (highlighted/selected) show. Not the whole group.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I'm quite aware that the code is different in the Recording detail screen as it is from the Malore style recordings menu. I only fixed it in the group view.
OK good, if you said that earlier, I'm sorry I missed it.

EDIT: No matter how many times I edit the above sentence it still sounds smarta** to me. It is not intended that way.

Last edited by rsagetv99; 11-29-2004 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Sage Icon

"No, problem, didn't see that mentioned earlier."
Old 11-30-2004, 12:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
cayars:

Any other ideas on the black box in the center of the preview window? It's a real pain and the wife won't let me use it until it is fixed
UPDATE: Cayars, I did get the black box to go away when using overlay instead of vmr9 (or whatever the other one is).... problem is that I'd want to use vmr9 rather than overlay, why you ask? hell I don't know.

still scouring this site for "good" tips on what's what vmr9 vs. overlay, differences between mpeg modes a-b-c and d are, default audio renderer versus all the other choices, etc. etc. etc. plus trying to figure out what is the best quality/most stable video/audio setup for me...
Old 11-30-2004, 05:23 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Not sure if this was reported. Using Cayars14.stv I found that if you use the SEARCH BY CATEGORY program search, it comes up with an error message: "Unknown Internal Screen BrowseByCategoryTitle By CSM New"
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 11-30-2004 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:33 AM
Sage Icon

You can fix this one yourself without waiting on me. You can do this while Sage s running. Open cayars-menu.xml in notepad.

search for

BrowseByCategoryTitle by CSM - New

replace with

BrowseByCategoryTitle by CSM modified by Cayars

Save file. Back in Sage, right click on a menu and select the "re-read menu" option.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:30 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reboot_this
UPDATE: Cayars, I did get the black box to go away when using overlay instead of vmr9 (or whatever the other one is).... problem is that I'd want to use vmr9 rather than overlay, why you ask? hell I don't know.

still scouring this site for "good" tips on what's what vmr9 vs. overlay, differences between mpeg modes a-b-c and d are, default audio renderer versus all the other choices, etc. etc. etc. plus trying to figure out what is the best quality/most stable video/audio setup for me...
Man, your wife is tough - is she not letting you use the preview window, or SAGE all together? You should get her one of those mood rings, so you know when to approach her with new technology. I got mine one of those things, basically how it works is, when she's in a good mood the ring turns green, and when she's in a bad mood it leaves a big red mark on my forehead.
Anyhew, I had the little black box (in the preview window) before as well. I don't remember what I did to get rid of it, but let me give you my settings from the video screen from top to bottom.

VMR9
Intervideo Non CSS Decoder
Disabled

Also, in advanced I have 3d Acceleration Enabled and Overlay Color Keying Enabled (don't think this one matters since I am using VMR9).

In Detailed Setup>OSD Options I have everything Enabled including all of the CC options.

Hope this helps, I know WAF is a big thing.

EDIT: Oh and if you have an ATI card try removing all of the drivers (they have a cat-unistall utility) and install them again. My ATI card has a tendency to flake out for no apparent reason from time to time.

Last edited by rsagetv99; 11-30-2004 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:44 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
You can fix this one yourself without waiting on me. You can do this while Sage s running. Open cayars-menu.xml in notepad.

search for

BrowseByCategoryTitle by CSM - New

replace with

BrowseByCategoryTitle by CSM modified by Cayars

Save file. Back in Sage, right click on a menu and select the "re-read menu" option.
Awesome thanks!
When is the next version?
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 11-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Sage Icon

Maybe today or tomorrow. If I don't release it today I'll probably put up a test version at least to flush out any bugs and check for fixes.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
Quote:
Maybe today or tomorrow. If I don't release it today I'll probably put up a test version at least to flush out any bugs and check for fixes.
Cool, I am not sure if anyone reported that but I cannot delete current recordings from detail menu, I het 5 different options and it does not seem to delete any of the recordings no more.

Thanks for a great job of putting all the best features into one STV...

Chris
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:06 AM
Sage Icon

chrysek, this is the first time I've heard of this. Are you trying this with one particular show or have you tried it with multiple different shows/movies?
Old 11-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Sage User

Rendering errors with 3d acceleration

I had this problem with an earlier release of Cayer's STV, and now with Cayers14, it's back: Horrible rendering errors on nearly every menu when 3d acceleration is enabled. Here are some screen shots:
Attached Images
File Type: png sage2.png (454.8 KB, 236 views)
File Type: png sage3.png (536.0 KB, 199 views)
Old 11-30-2004, 11:53 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengdahl
I had this problem with an earlier release of Cayer's STV, and now with Cayers14, it's back: Horrible rendering errors on nearly every menu when 3d acceleration is enabled. Here are some screen shots:
Cayars already addressed this about 10 messages back.
I believe it is related to enabling Watched Bars along with 3D enabled which he will fix in his next release