SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Sage Icon

No body has found the "hidden jewel" yet
Old 12-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Sage Expert

-for the black thing, look at black.gif. Also, this happens in teh info part of both Enhanced and non-Enhanced OSD

-for the watched bars problem, I have VMR9 with 3-D acceleration enabled. From what other people have said, 3-D acceleration is the key to the problem but I think VMR9 is just as much an issue.

-that comment about the jewel is not helpful . Hint please....
Attached Images
File Type: gif black.GIF (87.7 KB, 217 views)
Old 12-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Sage Icon

abasu, I know you are saying your 3D accel is enabled but could you actually verify that it is in the detailed setup. After upgrading to 2.2.1 on my machine it defaulted back to disabled and it won't let me enable it and I'm having the same black window issue as well as no transparency over video working anymore. This is all in VMR9.

BTW is the hidden jewel the color coded detailed setup?
Old 12-01-2004, 07:22 PM
Sage Expert

-i just checked and 3-d accel is in fact enabled. if i have vmr9 without 3-d acceleration (gets disabled sometimes with my music problems) my screen starts to shake, the overscan gets messed up and generally hell breaks loose

-color coded detailed setup was already pointed out. and that would be kind of a lame jewel...no offense
Old 12-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Sage Expert

-more black. i dont' even use this recording screen but i was looking for that confounded jewel. actually, i'm thinking this black might unfortunately have something to do wtih the jewel. hopefully i'm wrong.

-what does that A icon mean? is that the jewel?
Attached Images
File Type: gif black2.GIF (77.1 KB, 202 views)
Old 12-01-2004, 07:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

To me it's (ta da) channel favorites.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
No body has found the "hidden jewel" yet
Old 12-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Sage Icon

Link removed for TestCodeB Version 15.

Last edited by Cayars; 12-02-2004 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
-for the black thing, look at black.gif. Also, this happens in teh info part of both Enhanced and non-Enhanced OSD

-for the watched bars problem, I have VMR9 with 3-D acceleration enabled. From what other people have said, 3-D acceleration is the key to the problem but I think VMR9 is just as much an issue.

-that comment about the jewel is not helpful . Hint please....
Found and fixed this in the TestCode B version.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

So do I like owe you money for this?

One thing that confused me at first was that at this point (I realize this is WIP) you can't see you have a channel selected until you scroll off it.

Nice job man. This is a real nice start to filtering and is exactly the type of solution needed to solve this part of the problem.

peace . . .
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector

peace . . .

Darn, you beat me to it. I just got home and installed it, had hardly anytime to find it

Anyway, great feature I'm off to play with it now.

BTW, I'm also getting the same black things abasu2003 is talking about. I am also using VMR9 w/ 3D enabled and Nvidia decoder.
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
abasu, I know you are saying your 3D accel is enabled but could you actually verify that it is in the detailed setup. After upgrading to 2.2.1 on my machine it defaulted back to disabled and it won't let me enable it and I'm having the same black window issue as well as no transparency over video working anymore. This is all in VMR9.

BTW is the hidden jewel the color coded detailed setup?
I'm having this same 3D problem on my server but not my client. What sucks is that if you're running in VMR9 mode without 3D then it actually runs in Overlay mode.

Nope not the color coded detailed setup. <--- I added this to allow people to know what is a standard setting (white) versus an added setting (light blue) versus a standard setting that affects the servers (light pink) versus and added setting that affects the server (pink).
Old 12-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
-more black. i dont' even use this recording screen but i was looking for that confounded jewel. actually, i'm thinking this black might unfortunately have something to do wtih the jewel. hopefully i'm wrong.

-what does that A icon mean? is that the jewel?
Yea, it's the "black jewel". Has been fixed.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector

peace . . .
Ding, Ding, we have a winner.

Go into Live TV Guide and bring up the Options. Look at the bottom.

It's functional as it stands now but could use a few enhancements. One is and edit method so you can edit your favorites. Right now you need to create a new one and then delete your old one.

Second enhancement is to save the last Favorite/Filter used and then use this the next time you enter the Guide.

A third enhancement would be a quick way to change "favorite views" from a remote. After I get these first two items added I'll see if I can hook one of the custom commands to cycle through the favorites at the touch of a remote key.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is the commercial skip on by default? I thought it was but I just finished a recording and I don't see any marked commercials in the time bar? Do the commercials show up as a differnet color and if so how long does it take before sagetv marks the commercials. Do you have to wait a few hours or should it be ready right when the recording is done?
Old 12-01-2004, 08:17 PM
Sage Icon

Couple of comments. I really like the new look of the OSD with the corners squared off In the Malore multimenus I think the channel logo is too small on the icon bar. Can hardly tell which channel it is.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:25 PM
Sage Expert

Changing Pictures....

How do I change the ICONS on the MENU's?? I like sharp detailed icons like the TV and the TV GUIDE icon, but dont care to much for the "cartoon" like icons used.

Can I just rename graphic file and use the same name as the default ones??

What type of file are they? and what is max size? Any hints?

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 12-01-2004, 08:30 PM
Sage Icon

You can either do what you are saying and rename the images or you can edit the cayars-menu.xml file and look for the offending file and enter in the location of the image you would like instead.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

broderp, I'm not crazy about some of the icons either but they are free to use and we don't need to worry about any license/copyright issues on those icons.

You of course are free to change these yourself. If you happen to find a few nice icons let us know.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cayars I know you have been working like a madman thanks you have truly made my tv viewing more pleasurable I was just wondeing if the feature
being able to seperate ir recordings and favorite recordings is not doable or it fell off the radar thanks again for all your work
Old 12-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Couple of comments. I really like the new look of the OSD with the corners squared off In the Malore multimenus I think the channel logo is too small on the icon bar. Can hardly tell which channel it is.
Give me a suggestion on the Icon.

I like the quared look also but of course it's configurable(Detailed Setup->Interface->OSD Options->Use Rounded Borders) for those that might not like it.

You can get a really interesting look by using the quared borders along with (Detailed Setup->Interface-OSD Options->OSD UnderScan Options) set at about 5% smaller then needed. What this will allow you to do is reduce the size of the OSD panels (not the picture) so you can have a gap between the borders and the edge of the TV. I run this setting at 90% and like the look of it. It puts about 3/4" between the panels and the edge of the screen.

The OSD UnderScan Option settings mentioned above are also quite useful to those people whose OSD panels go off the screen too.