SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cayars15TestCodeA - couple of things?

Create Timed Recording shows me no channels in the left column. Works fine in 14.

This is an old one, I think. In Search by Title and the others, if you enter numbers from the keyboard, it does the search. If you enter numbers from the remote, they show up, but it doesn't do the search until you select something on the screen. Not a big one. Just noticed it.

I like the dim/bright icon thing. You know what you're missing this way. Excellent.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson
Cayars I know you have been working like a madman thanks you have truly made my tv viewing more pleasurable I was just wondeing if the feature
being able to seperate ir recordings and favorite recordings is not doable or it fell off the radar thanks again for all your work
When I looked at my notes on this I couldn't remember exactly what it was so I didn't know what it was. I thought you'de mention it again and I'd ask for more info on it. I'll knock this out quickly if you can re-explain it to me.

Let's start from scratch. Pretend we haven't talked about it and explain it as detailed as you can what functionality you want.

ToxMox, can you whip up a cool icons for this? (small version only. no large icons being used in 15).
Old 12-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
broderp, I'm not crazy about some of the icons either but they are free to use and we don't need to worry about any license/copyright issues on those icons.

You of course are free to change these yourself. If you happen to find a few nice icons let us know.
I was thinking of making some of my own, if they come out ok, I will be more than happy to share.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 12-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Sage Expert

What did I do wrong now?

I removed a lot of the menus I did not like. FINE. Just a moment ago, I checked...and they are all BACK!!! Is there a RESET or something I'm hitting?

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 12-01-2004, 09:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I like leaving on ir and looking through the shows it records every once in a while
But I dont leave it on because my tv recording section gets so cluttered I cant find my favorites to watch.
I would like to have a Separate menu sections

tv recordings

favorites Recordings
IR Recordings
All Recordings

This way I can look at the ir recordings when I have time
Old 12-01-2004, 09:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
all yellow buttons are not made the same . Its the options command, whatever button you have that mapped to. I think it is always a right click on a mouse.
You are right, but I think the default for the yellow button is to be mapped to the "options". I was trying to keep it simple, but yes I probably should have said it differently. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When I looked at my notes on this I couldn't remember exactly what it was so I didn't know what it was. I thought you'de mention it again and I'd ask for more info on it. I'll knock this out quickly if you can re-explain it to me.

Let's start from scratch. Pretend we haven't talked about it and explain it as detailed as you can what functionality you want.

ToxMox, can you whip up a cool icons for this? (small version only. no large icons being used in 15).
OK here ya go I made 2 additional icons. One for IR (little brain) which should probably be a new icon on the icon bar and then the favorite icon with a lock on it would only show up where the current favorite icon comes up but only when the favorite is set to not autodelete.
Attached Images
File Type: png toxfavlockedsm.png (4.8 KB, 251 views)
File Type: png toxirsm.png (6.2 KB, 282 views)
Old 12-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
I removed a lot of the menus I did not like. FINE. Just a moment ago, I checked...and they are all BACK!!! Is there a RESET or something I'm hitting?
After you mess with the menus you need to save your changes otherwise they will revert.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
OK here ya go the favorite icon with a lock on it would only show up where the current favorite icon comes up but only when the favorite is set to not autodelete.
Hey!
Old 12-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Had it been anything else it wouldn't have been me. It's just the one thing I look for each time, heh.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
Darn, you beat me to it. I just got home and installed it, had hardly anytime to find it

Anyway, great feature I'm off to play with it now.

BTW, I'm also getting the same black things abasu2003 is talking about. I am also using VMR9 w/ 3D enabled and Nvidia decoder.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

That would be really cool, the more accessible the filters the better.

Another nice thing would be to be able to slice the guide data by a category and define it as a favorite filter. That way the guide would only show football or movies or whatever.

Your implementation is really nice. It goes towards the personalization you were talking about moving towards because you can easily think of filters in terms of people. Everyone in the house can slice the guide their own way. Very spiffy.

peace . . .

Quote:
Ding, Ding, we have a winner.

Go into Live TV Guide and bring up the Options. Look at the bottom.

It's functional as it stands now but could use a few enhancements. One is and edit method so you can edit your favorites. Right now you need to create a new one and then delete your old one.

Second enhancement is to save the last Favorite/Filter used and then use this the next time you enter the Guide.

A third enhancement would be a quick way to change "favorite views" from a remote. After I get these first two items added I'll see if I can hook one of the custom commands to cycle through the favorites at the touch of a remote key.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just a quicky, is there a way to break the "movie" category up in the Malore Recordings??? I like having everything orginized by Title but when it comes to Movies they all go under MOVIES, i'd like there maybe to be a "kids Movies" Action Movies, uhum *cough* Dirty Movies
Is there anyway to just do that on my own???
Thanks
PS: Great STV, Its like Crack!!! I can't stay off this Thread cause of it
Old 12-02-2004, 03:39 AM
Sage Expert

hey, i can test the new version in germany, incl. xmltv import and some other german/europe spez.

can you send me the beta? than i will test it.

cu
dibu
Old 12-02-2004, 06:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBU
hey, i can test the new version in germany, incl. xmltv import and some other german/europe spez.

can you send me the beta? than i will test it.

cu
dibu
Message 1147 has download link in it.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cayaras Hi

It seems that with cayaras15b and 2.2 beta 1, compress button does nothing (no xml is created).

I use ISO-8859.

did u change the code there or is it a 2.2 problem?
Old 12-02-2004, 06:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
That would be really cool, the more accessible the filters the better.

Another nice thing would be to be able to slice the guide data by a category and define it as a favorite filter. That way the guide would only show football or movies or whatever.

Your implementation is really nice. It goes towards the personalization you were talking about moving towards because you can easily think of filters in terms of people. Everyone in the house can slice the guide their own way. Very spiffy.

peace . . .
It's pretty much unlimited filters too. Everybody was talking about 2 or 3 filters but I thik this came out better. Categories would be cool but I'm not sure I can do this at present without some re-work which I don't mind doing. Let me get the implementation down well for what is there now first and then bring this up again a version or two down the road and I'll look back into it.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Dumb Question....

How do I disable the preview window?
Old 12-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Sage Icon

Same place it is in the default stv out of the box. Detailed Setup->Multimedia->Video Menu Options.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
Quote:
Ding, Ding, we have a winner.

Go into Live TV Guide and bring up the Options. Look at the bottom.

It's functional as it stands now but could use a few enhancements. One is and edit method so you can edit your favorites. Right now you need to create a new one and then delete your old one.

Second enhancement is to save the last Favorite/Filter used and then use this the next time you enter the Guide.

A third enhancement would be a quick way to change "favorite views" from a remote. After I get these first two items added I'll see if I can hook one of the custom commands to cycle through the favorites at the touch of a remote key.
Awesome job, I see so many nice features, its getting just better and better... I love those icons on recordings like was that favorite, manual recording, or was it 1st time aired, etc, love all those things... and I like keyword favorite option, I had problems when I entered keyword, my sagetv gui locked up, had to restart it...

Anyway its awesome...

just one comment... when there are back to back recordings and there is padding on this feature is great but if you have two shows on the same channel and padding is on I get a conflict and I cannot se up manual recording... or I get a complain that there is a conflict and then recording is set... not sure if this is right behavior or not.

But I love this STV with all features, it is so pretty and so functional and so many options.. I just love it...

Chris
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoundz
Create Timed Recording shows me no channels in the left column. Works fine in 14.
While we are on the subject of Timed/Manual recordings, can you see if some of the things mention in post 798 can be changed as well?

Thanks.

BTW, I found out later that a favorite is created for the Timed/Manual recordings(not sure if I missed it before or if it was fixed somehow), but some of the options like Max Recordings are not working.