SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks, I never placed the > after the title.
JUC
Old 10-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Sage Icon

I'm putting the finishing touches on the next release that has a lot of new options and features. Any requests before I release version "C"?
Old 10-30-2004, 06:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

I've noticed some menus do not allow going up off the top and roll back on to the bottom. I know this was a problem with some of the custom STV's before. There are so many in yours that I realize it would be hard to check all of them, but if you can watch for it and correct it as you go along it would be nice.

As an example, in OriginalV2 you can go up off the top of the list and get to the bottom in Detailed Settings. However, that same screen in yours will not do that. Just a minor thing, but would be nice if you can correct it as you work further on things.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:56 PM
Sage Expert

-the music jukebox does not work for me. I am using the bver2. Basically, if I click on a song, it starts playing, but then if I try to go to a visualization screen, it starts to skip and freeze. I reverted back to the original STV and wasn't having this problem.

edit: just thought of something else

-On mlbdude's recordings screens, he used to have options menus for setting the sort mode and the group mode that used things like Sort by Date recorded or sort by Intelligent (similar to malore but slightly different). It would be nice to get those back

Last edited by abasu2003; 10-30-2004 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
I've noticed some menus do not allow going up off the top and roll back on to the bottom. I know this was a problem with some of the custom STV's before. There are so many in yours that I realize it would be hard to check all of them, but if you can watch for it and correct it as you go along it would be nice.

As an example, in OriginalV2 you can go up off the top of the list and get to the bottom in Detailed Settings. However, that same screen in yours will not do that. Just a minor thing, but would be nice if you can correct it as you work further on things.
This isn't a bug as far as I know. I believe this is the functionality Jeff intended for panels when the "scroll off" the screen. As far as I know, Jeff would have to change the functionality for this component in order for me to do this.

I understand why it's designed the way it is but I like doing what your asking for also. It's quite nice to sometimes just hit the up button and be at the bottom of the list or vice versa.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
-the music jukebox does not work for me. I am using the bver2. Basically, if I click on a song, it starts playing, but then if I try to go to a visualization screen, it starts to skip and freeze. I reverted back to the original STV and wasn't having this problem.
That is strange. The Jukebox is one part of the code in my STV that is completely stock. I don't personally use the jukebox and thus haven't touched it. Let me know if you have any problems with the "C" version when I release this and I'll have you try a thing or two for me. It's probably something pretty easy to fix if it's still a problem in "C".
Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
edit: just thought of something else

-On mlbdude's recordings screens, he used to have options menus for setting the sort mode and the group mode that used things like Sort by Date recorded or sort by Intelligent (similar to malore but slightly different). It would be nice to get those back
I'm pretty sure I got all these in the "C" version already. I've pickup up quite a few "small" things like this from other STVs and have been adding quite a lot of my own too.

Carlo
Old 10-30-2004, 08:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Carlo,

One thing I noticed that may or may not have been covered elsewhere is that the semi-transparent OSD in overlay is clear on the description block (top center) while semi-transparent on the rest of sections. Seems odd, but not too big of a bug.

thanks for the great work, though, and don't let this hold you up! :-)
Old 10-31-2004, 01:52 AM
Sage Icon

Yep, already fixed that one when doing an enhanced OSD layout.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:29 AM
Sage Expert

I need a bit of help. I installed the files and edited what was required and the changes are not occuring in Sage. I am a total newbie, so this is probably a stupid question, but was there supposed to be a sage.properties file in the Cayarsv2bR3.zip? Because, in the instructions, it says to "change" the mlbdude/weather stuff in there but, for me, I have to add it as there was nothing in there (it was still my original sage.properties file). Also, I have no sage.client.properties file but I assume this is ok as I am not running the sage client? I have run Sage a few times but I'm having some problems with jerky video so I haven't really schedule any recordings besides a couple test ones if that makes a difference. Thanks for any guidance!
Old 10-31-2004, 08:34 AM
Sage Icon

Silkshadow, please make sure you have completely exited SageTV 2.1. This also includes stopping the SageTV service if it is running. If not then any changes you make to the properties file will not take.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:46 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks for your reply, Cayars! I know its me being a total and complete moron, but I have rebooted twice, yet the changes are not taking effect. Should I be using my default sage.properties file? Besides the contents of Cayarsv2bR3.zip and the java libs, do I need to install anything else to get your stv to take effect?

Edit: Yes its me being a moron, I changed the stv in the sage setup menu instead of in the properties file. For some reason it wasn't taking effect. I changed the line in the properties file and all si well. One more reboot and I can see how this pupy works. Thanks again!

Last edited by silkshadow; 10-31-2004 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:44 AM
Sage Expert

Ah the newbie has more problems, I guess thats not surprising . Sage is freezing at "Launching User interface manager thread". It just hangs there. If I set the STV back to the original one, it works fine. I found a couple threads dealing with htis but nothig that helped. Any idea what could be causing this problem? Is there a startup log or something I could take a look at to start to troubleshoot? Thanks yet again!

Last edited by silkshadow; 10-31-2004 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have a feature request if it is possible

would it be possible to make ir recorded shows be in a different section

my video library section gets really crowded with ir on i would love it if it put ir shows in a different section so I only had to look at them when I wanted to

other than that I love your stv thanks to you and all the others that made my tv viewing much more pleasurable
Old 10-31-2004, 10:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson
I have a feature request if it is possible

would it be possible to make ir recorded shows be in a different section

my video library section gets really crowded with ir on i would love it if it put ir shows in a different section so I only had to look at them when I wanted to

other than that I love your stv thanks to you and all the others that made my tv viewing much more pleasurable
You mean you would like to be able to be able to see:
1 Shows as they are now
2 Shows not recorded with IR
3 Only IR Recorded shows

Something like the above?
Old 10-31-2004, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkshadow
Ah the newbie has more problems, I guess thats not surprising . Sage is freezing at "Launching User interface manager thread". It just hangs there. If I set the STV back to the original one, it works fine. I found a couple threads dealing with htis but nothig that helped. Any idea what could be causing this problem? Is there a startup log or something I could take a look at to start to troubleshoot? Thanks yet again!
I'll give you something you can try to help diagnose this. First change the STV back to OriginalV2.stv. With Sage completely shut down RENAME both (if present) of your property files (i.e "sage.properties" to sage-good.properties"). Change the STV file to the Cayars STV and restart SageTV and let it rebuild your property file. It can take a little longer then usual to start this time.

Let me know the outcome of this test.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:07 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks again! Ok, killed sage and rebooted. I see no sage*.* in the process tab of my task manager. I renamed my sage.properties file to sage.properties-current.bak. Then I renamed my original stv to *.bk3 and renamed your stv to originalv2.stv (so it would load, since there is no more properties file). Fired up sage. Still freezes at the same place.

I left it alone for 20 minutes, came back and no change, I am sorry to say. I killed the sage.exe process and took a look at my sage directory. Theres a new properties file now. The weather stuff I had added was no longer there, otherwise it looks the same. Sorry to be such a bother, I don't know what else to do now. Should I give up? A couple of notes, I am on Windows Server 2003 and have istalled the XMLTV plugin since I am in Asia but haven't loaded anything besides channels yet.

Last edited by silkshadow; 10-31-2004 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:29 PM
Administrator

If the properties file is not found, it uses the backup copy of the file that is auto-generated. If that is still there, you are still using your old properties file.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:49 PM
Sage Icon

Oops, good point Andy, i forgot about that.

Silkshadow, tray it again renaming the properties file, but also make sure to rename the backup file too. We just tested nothing.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

exactly
maybe
1. recorded favorites
2. ir recordings
3. all recordings
Old 10-31-2004, 04:26 PM
Sage User

Perhaps have recordings filtered based on critera, right in the same list - I think by where you can choose grouping. Have checkboxes for each type--IR, favorites, manual, etc., and then only show those. Maybe even put check all or invert options.
That way, both those that do and don't use IR win.