SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-02-2004, 08:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

It's always worth a try

Hey if you recall it wasn't too far back at the turn of the century where remembering COBOL was pretty profitable. We are using C#/NET mostly for speed.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I was referring to bugs and not new functionality.

I'll tell you what, if SageTV was written in any of the MS languages, I'd be all over this app with all kinds of cool things. Java/Sage programming language ranks right up there with COBOL in my book.

Last edited by Hector; 12-03-2004 at 03:04 AM.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I only have one EPG lineup so I'll assume it's not tuner related but EPG related. Time to setup a new EPG.
Yeah I have 2 EPG's.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Sage Icon

I think TestCodeC will probably become the released version unless some major bug is discovered. Here's the list of changes from 14:
  • Fixed menu file so "Search By Category" works now.
  • Added work around to Favorite's Keep at most functionality. The verbage has been changed and a limit has been set in the STV that keeps a user from
    entering more then 15 (causes SageTV to set some random value and sometimes delete shows).
  • Fixed <TV> tag issue in XML generation used for ffmpeg transcode process.
  • Fixed transparent background issue. No need for the larger matte png file anymore regardless of screen resolution (tested on sizes up to 1600x1200).
  • Added transparent background back to OSD options menu.
  • Discovered and fixed issue where Volume control was showing in the OSD header and footer in non Enhanced OSD views.
  • Added new option "Detailed Setup->Interface->Logo/Background/Screen Saver->Use Logo Disk Status as Back When Clicked" to give the functionality back you used to have by clicking on the SageTV logo.
  • Added new option to menu options to set "Disk Status Bar Options". This is the same as clicking on the Disk Status Bar but a little easier to do with a remote. Also moved the "Close" option to the bottom.
  • Added 2 new settings to "Detailed Setup->Interface->OSD Options->OSD Underscan Options" to control "underscan" of the OSD panels when in the OSD. These are in addition to the "normal" Aspect and Overscan controls and are specific to the OSD itself.
  • Moved "Auto Hide OSD" & "OSD Auto Hide Timeout Seconds" to "Detailed Setup->Interface->OSD Options->Auto Hide Options".
  • Moved "Closed Caption Support" & "Auto Overlay CC Support" to "Detailed Setup->Interface->OSD Options->CC Options".
  • Added the ability to turn off the rounded edges in the OSD panels and have squared panels (default). Setting is located at "Detailed Setup->Interface->OSD Options->Rounded Corners".
  • Modified "Delete Orphans" to handle extensions ".ccno" and ".ccyes".
  • Modifed the following existing Detailed Setup options to change the properties on the server and not the client: "IR Agressive Negative Profiling",
    "Default padding for new record/favorites", "Use Episodes in File Names", "Remove Padding on Back to Back Favorites/Same Channel", "Scheduling - Look Ahead Days", "Schedule Text File".
  • I added a color Theme to the titles in Detailed Setup. White is a setting found in the OriginalV2.stv that affects the "client". A light blue title is one added to the Cayars stv and affects the "client". A light pink color denotes an OriginalV2 setting that affects the "server". A darker pink color denotes an item added to the Cayars stv that affects the "server". These should be pretty clear when you see them in detailed setup.
  • Moved "Skip DVD Menus" from "Internal" to "DVD setup" in Detailed Setup.
  • Moved "Audio Uses System Volume" from "Internal" to "Audio" in Detailed Setup.
  • Moved "FF/REW Times" from Internal to Interface in Detailed Setup.
  • Renamed "Internal" to "Server" in Detailed Setup.
  • Moved "Strip Hauppauge WinTV PVR in Capture Device Schedule Header" from Interface to Enhancements in Detailed Setup.
  • Moved "Weather Options" from Enhancements to External Setup in Detailed Setup.
  • Added Channel Favorite/Filter to LiveTV Guide. You can access this on the options page for now.
  • Fixed compress issues and added a new option to specify an XML job folder in Detailed Setup.
  • Fixed bug in Detailed Setup->Commands->Show SageTV Commands linked... so it now functions correctly.
  • Fixed channel issue in "Create Timed Recording"
  • Added a new FAVorite icon with a pedlock to indicate favorites with AutoDelete set to No. (icon by ToxMox)
  • Added a new icon to show IR recordings (icon by ToxMox)
Old 12-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I've got a few questions for you guys having music issues and especially the visualization problems.
Are you playing VBR or CBR based MP3s?
Also, are you running 2.1 or 2.2?
Overlay or VMR9 mode?
Have you tried the other mode to see if this helps visualization problems?
My MP3s are 128k CBR
I have tried 2.1 and 2.2 same results on this issue
I just tried cayars15c same issue.
Overlay vs. VMR9 doesn't seem to make a difference.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotuitdan
As for the music library <snip> I'd suggest looking at TRACK skipping instead of 2.5 minute and 10 second skipping...
Have you tried using Channel Up/Down? Those commands can be used to change such things such things as music track & DVD chapter.

Quote:
Can Sage play music while viewing pictures?
That's an easy one to try... but yes, it does work.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Hey the performance of this is pretty good!
Working great with v2.2.1!!
One problem I have that doesn't seem fixed is when I enable watched bars the graphics are all mess up in the Recording Schedule menu.
I still get those well known colored triangles and graphic artifacts.
Will this be fixed in release?
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 12-02-2004 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Have you tried using Channel Up/Down? Those commands can be used to change such things such things as music track & DVD chapter.
Huh. Never tried that or even thought of it. I'll give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
That's an easy one to try... but yes, it does work.
Just b/c a guy has a thought while writing... ;-) Thanks for the answer, though. I currently use MCE2005 for music and pictures, b/c music in Sage is just too clumsy at the moment.

thanks!
Old 12-03-2004, 02:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Test "C"

Just tries it out and spotted 2 things:

1- Picking Channel Setup brings you to the "Pick the Source Page" but after that it goes to the page where you can do Color Calibration, Channel Setup etc.... No biggy but it's not a direct link to Channel Setup

2- In Detailed Setup under Command, when you pick to view a Mapped Command it does show the box but its bunched up in the top left hand corner instead of centered....so its unusable
Old 12-03-2004, 02:36 AM
Sage Expert

Seems like I shouldn't worry about features at this point, but I jsut thought of something.

I would save many button clicks if I was able to select menu options by clicking numbers.

so something like

1.Live TV
2.Recordings
3.Setup
4.Sleep

instead of two strokes down (or up) and then enter I could just hit the number 3 . I dont' know how easy this is but it would be nice. I'm trying out this new remote and one of the biggest problems is that they made the arrow keys way to small. I'm not sure how nice a screen would look with the menu items being nubmered, but its more of a functionality thing. let me know what you think.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Here is the block of text Cayars, I'm trying to understand CS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
Second, I'm still trying to get my head around CS and CC. I have CC enabled in the registry for my PVR250, and I have DVD standard Play selected, but I'm still not sure if it is working. Is there a way tyo verify whether CC is enabled properly or am I maybe missing a step? I ask because my CS seems to be a little bit off.

Also with regards to CS, I can right click on a currently watching show (live) and start Comm Detect, thus I believe firing it off manually. I understand that I can also select Comm Detect from the Detailed Page on a previously recorded show. However, if I don't do either of these, is there a way to tell sage to go ahead and do Commecrial Detect during off hours? I do have it enabled in Detailed Setup and I've tried setting it to "only when asleep" but coming back the next day none of the recording have been CS'ed. Also, if it makes any difference, I have CC Auto Overlay disabled.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfsoc
Just tries it out and spotted 2 things:

1- Picking Channel Setup brings you to the "Pick the Source Page" but after that it goes to the page where you can do Color Calibration, Channel Setup etc.... No biggy but it's not a direct link to Channel Setup

2- In Detailed Setup under Command, when you pick to view a Mapped Command it does show the box but its bunched up in the top left hand corner instead of centered....so its unusable
The first is a quick work around for multiple EPGs. For some reason the code wants to lock up the screen on multiple EPGs so I used this as a work around for this release. I still want the user to be able to pick the lineup and edit it directly but it doesn't seem to like my code. Actually, I'm not sure we really should have the channel setup anymore as the "Pick the Source Page" has more info you can adjust anyway. I'll probably remove this in the final release but wanted it to NOT crash for those who won't use the new menu file.

Noted on the command/box thing. It worked fine when I put back the original code last night. Now this morning I can duplicate the issue so that is good for me to fix it. It's a theme thing which shouldn't be too hard to fix.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Here is the block of text Cayars, I'm trying to understand CS...
Only certain decoders will display the CC info. Let's do a quick test to see if CC data is in your files.

After recording a new file that should have CC data, run a manual ComSkip session on the file. When it notifies you that it is complete, take a look at the directory it is located in. You should have a few new files there that ComSkip created. One of these files will have an extension of .ccyes or .ccno.

Tell us what you get extension wise. This will determine if you have a recording or display issue for CC.

Carlo
Old 12-03-2004, 06:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Carlo,

Looking in the directory I have files with the extension .ccyes - so I would assume CC is working?
Old 12-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've got a few questions for you guys having music issues and especially the visualization problems.
Are you playing VBR or CBR based MP3s?
Also, are you running 2.1 or 2.2?
Overlay or VMR9 mode?
Have you tried the other mode to see if this helps visualization problems?
CBR
2.1 - I'm chicken to try 2.2 the wife will kill me if I don't leave the &$^% thing alone for a while...
Overlay - have not tried VMR9 -crappy cheap video card assumed it wouldn't work.

On a related note, I have changed the "Music" menu item to launch JRMC in theater mode... it's a bit slow and of course lacks integration with the other Sage features such as pictures, but it plays all of my music files without a hitch

I doubt if I'll switch back to SAGE music until there is lossless support. I really don't like to maintain my collection in two formats.

Since you can change the Audio and Video decoders, is there a way to change the music decoder as well? Would that allow the use of lossless music? Just a thought...
Old 12-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi Carlo,

Looking in the directory I have files with the extension .ccyes - so I would assume CC is working?
That would be correct.

Now it's a question of what decoder you are using. Can you tell us which one you have sage set up to use?
Old 12-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Carlo,

I've tried a number of different decoders but right now I'm using InterVideo NonCSS. I ue Sonic on my main box. I'm also running in Default mode, when I try to select Overlay (which is what I prefer) I get a black screen. When I select VMR9 I get video, but I also get tearing (ATI). I'm running the latest version of Sage V2.2.1 Beta. Also, when I run a Comm Detect the timeline bar doesn't update unless I shut down sage and restart.

Davey
Old 12-03-2004, 11:05 AM
Sage Icon

Davey, what happens if you exit the movie and then go back in? Does the time bar then show the cut points?

BTW, I've been running the Intervideo decoders from WinDVD and I know they support CC just fine.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

The cuts only show up if I exit sage altogether and then re-run it. And they're not quite in the right place (but maybe there's a way of tweaking this)...

davey
Old 12-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Sage Expert

Question So much is happening....

OK, SAGE just released 2.2, CAYARS just released 15.

Do I install SAGE 2.2 over CAYARS V14 or do I upgrade V14 to 15, then do 2.2 from sage?

I went from 2.0 to 2.0 with a STV, then I jumped to 2.1 and CAYARS STV, which caused a bunch of problems early on (nothing worked) so I'm gubshy about updating....

I need to keep this bird flying until I get my new Hauppage card. I just bought a second HD and will be upgrading stuf this next weekend.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 12-03-2004, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

2.2 is still in beta so there are likely to be some issues... If reliability is important to you, stick with 2.1... (As a rule, I generally try to install only one new thing at a time, so that if something breaks, I have a good idea what caused it!)