SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Sage Icon

CyRex, thanks that cleared it all up for me. We posted at the same time so i didn't check again until now. Looking at sleonard's .bat it all makes sense. Now i know i should be able to get it working.
Thanks again,
JUC
Old 12-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex
Hope I'm not stating the obvious, but the 'REM' in front of the lines in the batch file just comment out the lines, so they are not executed. You need to decide beforehand whether you want to rip the whole disc or just the movie. Once you decide what you want to do, you go into the bat file, and remove the 'REM' that is in front of the corresponding command. So at any given time, the batch file should only be executing dvddecrypter once. Neither SageTV nor dvdDecrypter make the decision to rip the entire dvd or just the movie, it is all up to you...

That help?
Can you tell that I did not even read the lines that I posted from my batch file.

Good catch!
Old 12-08-2004, 03:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
BTW, that's not a bug you just described but an undocumented feature. You see during the delete process I do a resource check. If you're using to many resources then I take care of this for you.
You see this people? It is efficient coding like this that should be duplicated everywhere, and it deserves an applause.

Seriously though, thanks for taking a look.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Sage Icon

Old 12-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Sage User

Bug in Compress Options?

In the Compress Options, I can change the value for the Video Bitrate, but it won't accept my changes for the Audio Bitrate. For instance, I click Modify and enter 128, but it remains at 192.

Thanks for all the great work!
Old 12-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Small Bug: When in the Media Libraries screen, the menu does not wrap around - in other words, if you are moving up in the menu items it stops at the top instead of starting over at the bottom and continuing up. This behavior is not present in the other menus so I am assuming that it is a bug.

Small Feature Request(I think): Can you link the Currently Recording/Upcoming Recording bar (at the bottom of most menus) to the FFD2 and RW2 remote keys, so that these keys will take you to the end or the begining of the list? This isn't a big deal, but I have 14 days of recordings down there and these tools would help navigate through them a little better.

Great work by the way.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Sage Icon

Remind me about this again after release 16 rsagetv99. I've got a full plate for 16 and I'm trying to stay true to it right now as I keep "wondering off" as ideas pop into my head with some of the cool things I'm coming up with for 16.

Riping, ISO mounting and DVD playback, external media players, external music players, commercial cutting using ComSkip Data, MPG recompression, transcoding, DVD buring <--- WOOT.

I can pretty much do internet radio and anything like shoutcast and whatnot. I'm trying to stay away from this right now to stay focused on DVD burning right now.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Sage User

so noone else is having problems with commercial skip not running after the 15 upgrade?
Old 12-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Sage Icon

Supernoob, I've noticed that whenever I upgrade to a new STV that I need to quit Sage and restart it after changing over to the new STV to make background comskip processing function properly again.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernoob
so noone else is having problems with commercial skip not running after the 15 upgrade?
I was thinking that I might have this problem as well, it seems like recently recorded shows have not been CS. I will keep monitoring it and let you know.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quick question, does the default padding setting apply to all favorites, or just the ones that are created after enabling this feature?

EDIT: Nevermind, I created a new favorite and noticed the padding. I went to one of the old ones and it did not have any padding, so that answers my question.

Last edited by rsagetv99; 12-08-2004 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:10 AM
Sage Icon

The old "try it and see what happens" documentation!
Old 12-09-2004, 06:40 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Supernoob, I've noticed that whenever I upgrade to a new STV that I need to quit Sage and restart it after changing over to the new STV to make background comskip processing function properly again.
pulled the playnice out and restarted sage. that seemed to do it. thanks!
Old 12-09-2004, 07:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
Hi Carlo,

I'm still getting the black square in the middle of the preview window for Default and Overlay. It's not there in VMR9 but I can't use it due to tearing. If I go back to the origininalV2.stv there is no black square in the preview window... here is a screenshot...

Davey

Any other ideas on this one - that black box is VERY annoying!

davey
Old 12-09-2004, 07:38 AM
Sage Icon

Can't get rid of it Davey, It's sort of a concequence of using 3D, Overlay and CC at the same time. If you change any of those three it should get rid of it.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Cannot get the Channel Setup Screen...

Hi all,

I think I found a small BUG in v15 -
When I select "Channel Setup" from the Setup menu I'm getting the "Setup Wizard" screen...

I checked the link in my cayars-menu.xml - and it is the same as in the oginal menu in v15 ZIP file.

A part of my menu file:

title="Setup Menu"
icon="STVs\OriginalV2\cayars\setup.png">
<menu title="Setup Menu">
<option>showrecschedwidget</option>
<internalScreenMenuItem
title="Setup Wizard"
icon="STVs\OriginalV2\cayars\setup.png"
screen="Setup Wizard Shortcut by Cayars"/>

<internalScreenMenuItem
title="Channel Setup"
screen="Channel Setup Shortcut by Cayars"/>

Any ideas???
Thanks,
Oren.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Damn.. Internet radio integrated into the Sage application (either directly or an STV) has been a dream of mine for sometime.. maybe in a future release?

BTW: I started using your STV about a week or so ago - I love it!! Keep up the good work! (And thanks to all the others that contributed to the various parts being utilized by this STV!)
Old 12-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshapir
Hi all,

I think I found a small BUG in v15 -
When I select "Channel Setup" from the Setup menu I'm getting the "Setup Wizard" screen...

I checked the link in my cayars-menu.xml - and it is the same as in the oginal menu in v15 ZIP file.

A part of my menu file:

title="Setup Menu"
icon="STVs\OriginalV2\cayars\setup.png">
<menu title="Setup Menu">
<option>showrecschedwidget</option>
<internalScreenMenuItem
title="Setup Wizard"
screen="Setup Wizard Shortcut by Cayars"/>

<internalScreenMenuItem
title="Channel Setup"
screen="Channel Setup Shortcut by Cayars"/>

Any ideas???
Thanks,
Oren.
Yea, sorry about this but I got tied of trying to figure out why the code I had didn't work for people with multiple EPG lineups. I'm sure I would have figured it out sooner or later but at the time didn't think it was worth the effort. It does work for single EPG installs which would be the majority of people. However, if you have multiple EPG it will take you to the Setup Wizard Screen where you can make adjustments to the channels.

Since you're a multi EPG person and the "Channel Setup" menu option really just gets in the way you can remove it by right clicking (option button on remote) while on this menu and choose the remove menu item option. Don't forget to save the menu afterwards (same screen).

Maybe, one day I'll go back and take a look at it again or someone will "borrow" the code and fix it so I can "borrow" the "fixed code" back again.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEh
Damn.. Internet radio integrated into the Sage application (either directly or an STV) has been a dream of mine for sometime.. maybe in a future release?

BTW: I started using your STV about a week or so ago - I love it!! Keep up the good work! (And thanks to all the others that contributed to the various parts being utilized by this STV!)
Probably next release. I don't think it's going to be very hard to do calling an external program like Windows Media Player with the radio staion URL. You could technically do this yourself now using the menu XML file and calling an external program, but you'de have to setup a menu choice for each radio station you wanted in your list.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Radio?

What I have been wanting is the ability to record a morining radio show program from my 350 using Sage. I am currently using the radio app that came with it along with audiograbber to do the recording. But occasionally, I have a conflict that I am not aware of until after the fact. It would be awsome to be able to control this via Sage. I don't know if this is beyond the capabilities of an STV, though.

BTW, this STV is working great for me. The changes you made for setting a show as watched and deleting after playing are exactly what I was hoping for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Probably next release. I don't think it's going to be very hard to do calling an external program like Windows Media Player with the radio staion URL. You could technically do this yourself now using the menu XML file and calling an external program, but you'de have to setup a menu choice for each radio station you wanted in your list.