SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-16-2004, 07:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
The biggest issue I have right now is a general lack of time, given I'm going through a divorce. This should change in early '05.
Sorry to hear about this. Hope you're doing OK.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
There has been some changes. They'll be listed in the bullet point items. A couple are new submenus under the "Utilities/Apps/Setup" menu <-- new name.

Then a few things were moved to these submenus to make room for a couple of new items.

The music submenu is gone completely and replaced with a new Music library that is more integrated/consitant and I added Genre's to it based loosely on Meekell's code. <-- great head start or it wouldn't have happened for 16!

Version 17 will completly destoy the present menu system. (sort of). But only if you want to take advantage of some new extreme stuff. Enough said for now
Sounds great. Can't wait to see 16 (and even then, 17!)...
Old 12-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Am I crazy?

When I first tried the Cayars STV, I seem to remember the (default) background being different than the standard STV (which was a good thing). But since the most recent version, it's the standard one, and I can't seem to find one that I remember it being. Am I crazy?
Old 12-16-2004, 11:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
When I first tried the Cayars STV, I seem to remember the (default) background being different than the standard STV (which was a good thing). But since the most recent version, it's the standard one, and I can't seem to find one that I remember it being. Am I crazy?
Yes, but I think we're all a little crazy!
Old 12-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Sage Icon

Version 16 Test Release A

I just uploaded Version 16 Test A.

This is primarily to flush out any problems in the STV file itself. If you've posted any bug for 15, please check this version to see if they have been fixed.

A couple of things to know. There is a new menu file. Please use this menu for testing purposes as I WILL NOT be helping/supporting your present menu during testing as this doesn't help me.

You will notice a new directory off the Cayars directory called "External". This directory will hold external bat, cmd, vbs and other external programs (DVD Burning, Compression, etc) for now on. There are a few command files in this directory that you "may" need to adjust.

TestA doesn't include compression, Commercial Cutting or DVD Burning. These will be added for testing in version B or C. You will see the different menu choices/options in the STV for some of these however. Play with the DVD burning stuff in the STV as it will/should do everything but launch the DVD burning process.

I did all development on SageTV version 2.2.2. I'm no longer having speed issue beyond the occasional hickup/1/2 sec delay I get occasionaly with the OriginalV2.stv.

Link Removed. Release 16 Test B is uploaded.

Last edited by Cayars; 12-16-2004 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

Forgot to mention something. There is no setup for this YET but if you want to use ISO DVD images in the library edit "seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions" in your properties file and add ",.iso,.ISO" to the end of the line. If all your ISOs have a lower case extension then you can leave off the capped version.

You can also add additional externsion to the "seeker" line above if you want to use the external video player support in version 16. Just add what ever extension you need to add and then modify the "VideoPlayer.cmd" file located in the new External directory under cayars.

If you want to add additional music externsions and also use the external music player then edit the "seeker/music_library_import_filename_extensions" line in your properties file and if needed modify the "MusicPlayer.cmd" file located in the new External directory under cayars.

Please be aware that Playlists aren't supported yet for the external players. I'll get to this later along with giving you an additional option to only use the external players when the format is not native to SageTV. This will/should give us the best of all worlds for media playback.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Sage Icon

BTW, just thought of something else. If you plan on using the ISO mounting feature in the STV you will need to install the freeware Daemon Tools program available from http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php

The STV was tested using verson 3.47 of Daemon Tools. If you have a different ISO mounting tool that you would prefer to use and it supports command line execution then you can edit the file "ImageMount.cmd" located in the Cayars/External hdd directory.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:59 PM
Sage User

null problem is still open.

In the listing null is displayed directly in front of the episode name. (This can be switched off in the setup.)
In the details above the listing null is displayed where the episode name used to be (episode name is missing). This cannot be switched off in the setup.
In the details screen there is no null, but there is an episode name. (Problem has never appeared there, but I thought I should mention it anyway.)

I do have an extra problem though. The menu option "Video Library (TV Recordings)" causes the interface to freeze. I have to shut Sage down in order to regain control.
Also the menu item "Video Library (Not Archived)" seems to do nothing at all.
I'm presently using Sage 2.1. I'll try 2.2 tomorrow and see if that solves anything.

I love the current time bar through the TV Guide. Though I think the half-hour bars through the guide are a bit to bright. Maybe you can add a transparency setting for this?
Old 12-16-2004, 01:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
For anyone esle who may be having the problem of not getting sound with your compressed AVIs, I found this in the ffmpeg thread, which looks like it will fix the problem. I will post the results tonight.
FYI, I applied this fix today and it fixed my problem with no sound in AVIs.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demideus
null problem is still open.

In the listing null is displayed directly in front of the episode name. (This can be switched off in the setup.)
In the details above the listing null is displayed where the episode name used to be (episode name is missing). This cannot be switched off in the setup.
In the details screen there is no null, but there is an episode name. (Problem has never appeared there, but I thought I should mention it anyway.)

I do have an extra problem though. The menu option "Video Library (TV Recordings)" causes the interface to freeze. I have to shut Sage down in order to regain control.
Also the menu item "Video Library (Not Archived)" seems to do nothing at all.
I'm presently using Sage 2.1. I'll try 2.2 tomorrow and see if that solves anything.

I love the current time bar through the TV Guide. Though I think the half-hour bars through the guide are a bit to bright. Maybe you can add a transparency setting for this?
I just uploaded another version which will hopefully fix everything mentioned here but doesn't address the half hour marks in the guide as this change will affect a lot of other things.

Edit: Link Removed

Last edited by Cayars; 12-18-2004 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:33 PM
Sage User

Menu problems have been solved.

The null problem however persists.
The only difference is in the details pane above a listing. The episode number can now be switched off. Unfortunately it also switches off all text after the episode number (episode name, category and description).
When switched on the null returns and the episode name is still missing, but the category information and description are again available.

The switch has been set a bit to broad, I think.
It occurs to me that an easier fix might be to have the routine that retrieves the episode number return an empty string whenever an episode number is not present. That way you prevent any nastyness down the line because of NullPointerExceptions.

I didn't think you would get to the half-hour marks any time soon anyway. It would be nice to have though. I like the bars enough to not want to turn them off completely, so a 'simple' on-off switch would probably be wasted on me.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Sage User

Question

Sorry if this problem has already been posted but this thread is way too long to read everything. I am getting a strange video problem, I've attached a screenshot. Also the Weather Suite works fine for me but the Local Weather gives me an error "failed to run weather retriever: C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\Weather\GetWeatherJava.exe", I am in Canada so don't have a ZIP code instead the code I use for the Weather (which works in the suite) is CAXX0255.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.JPG (100.4 KB, 258 views)
Old 12-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverClock
Sorry if this problem has already been posted but this thread is way too long to read everything. I am getting a strange video problem,
i don't see a problem in ytour video

the red? thats by design
Old 12-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Sage User

I noticed a problem in the Music Library. I am unable to scroll through the cover art. I can only display the first page of albums. The List view scrolls fine but the cover art view does not.

The visualizations are fixed now and the Genre filter is a great addition. Thanks!
Old 12-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverClock
Sorry if this problem has already been posted but this thread is way too long to read everything. I am getting a strange video problem, I've attached a screenshot. Also the Weather Suite works fine for me but the Local Weather gives me an error "failed to run weather retriever: C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\Weather\GetWeatherJava.exe", I am in Canada so don't have a ZIP code instead the code I use for the Weather (which works in the suite) is CAXX0255.
You don't have to read everything. Use the Search This Thread feature. Works nicely. What you see is color coding of the properties. Red indicates it's a server setting your changing. There are two shades of red. Light Red/pinkish is a "stock" setting while a darker red is one I've added. White indicates a "stock" client setting while a light blue color is a client setting I've added.

Local Weather won't work for you without a zipcode.

Last edited by Cayars; 12-16-2004 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Sage Expert

carlo

one thing i might add is a popup or something letting you know that you've added something to the DVD list (or playlist for that matter). Its kidn fo hard to tell if your button push actually did anything without then going to the playlist itself to find out. Just a style issue.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
You don't have to read everything. Use the Search This Thread feature. Works nicely. What you see is color coding of the properties. Red indicates it's a server setting your changing. There are two shades of red. Light Red/pinkish is a "stock" setting while a darker red is one I've added. White indicates a "stock" client setting while a light blue color is a client setting I've added.

Local Weather won't work for you without a zipcode.
I meant the double numbers on the drivespace indicator at the top left corner.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Sage Icon

OverClock
Disable the following: Detailed Setup->Interface->Menu & Disk Status->Disk Status (Left Text).
Old 12-16-2004, 05:47 PM
Sage User

I have installed the 16b version and it looks great.
Only thing I noticed is that in the tv guide I don't get any information about the selected tv show. With the 15 version I get a nice description about the show, unfortunately preceded by 'null'.
Is this a new option I have to enable, or does something go wrong?
By the way I am using the grabber XMLTV 0.5.37 to get the guide information from internet.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Sage Icon

Is it possible for one of you guys with the Guide/null issue to zip up a copy of your wiz.bin file and put it up on an ftp server for me to download and try to fix this issue against your guide data?

I just can't reproduce the issue on my side.