SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-16-2004, 08:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

I know you're working on the new version (and I'm waiting for it), but I thought I'd throw in a couple feature requests:

* How about a comskip queue screen? It would be pretty cool to see the schedule for comskip detections and maybe even to change it (reorder it). And when you go into the details of a show and choose to do manual detection, maybe instead of running another instance of comskip immediately, put it in the queue right after the currently running comskip.

* Could we add a real quick yes/no setting to enable/disable your new delete behaviour? I personally like the old way of just pushing delete and saying yes. All those choices make me think when I'm just trying to zombie out and watch tv!

* Maybe it's intentional? But, at the end of watching a show, the video just stops and doesn't return to the menu. This gets my 2-year-old a little excited! If it's intentional, could we get a yes/no option?

Thanks for your consideration and keep up the good work (everyone).
Old 12-16-2004, 08:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcox
I know you're working on the new version (and I'm waiting for it), but I thought I'd throw in a couple feature requests:

* How about a comskip queue screen? It would be pretty cool to see the schedule for comskip detections and maybe even to change it (reorder it). And when you go into the details of a show and choose to do manual detection, maybe instead of running another instance of comskip immediately, put it in the queue right after the currently running comskip.
I'm thinking of a master queue to handle a bunch of different things like ComSkip, Commercial Cutting, DVD Burning, Compress/Transcoding. ComSkip would then not be called from within the STV itself but would create a "queue" file instead. An external process running on any/all machines on the local network could then process these jobs. Probably a couple of releases down the road.
Quote:
* Could we add a real quick yes/no setting to enable/disable your new delete behaviour? I personally like the old way of just pushing delete and saying yes. All those choices make me think when I'm just trying to zombie out and watch tv!
This is already configurable in Detailed Setup. If you have it disabled it will function like it did in the OriginalV2.stv except for a fix I put in that keeps it from "hanging" at the end of the file. This is version 16 I'm talking about.
Quote:
* Maybe it's intentional? But, at the end of watching a show, the video just stops and doesn't return to the menu. This gets my 2-year-old a little excited! If it's intentional, could we get a yes/no option?

Thanks for your consideration and keep up the good work (everyone).
Yep, this is the fix I just mentioned above.

Carlo
Old 12-17-2004, 01:28 AM
Sage Expert

does anyone know what the command would look like to play a file using the external music player using JRiverMediaCenter
Old 12-17-2004, 03:41 AM
Sage User

Question

I don't know if this is from the STV or from the upgrade to SageTV 2.1 (I installed your STV immediately after upgrading) but everytime I jump forward or back in a video, or even when I unpause it, the video freezes and stutters for several seconds, the audio is fine. I never saw this behaviour in SageTV 2.0 (I used Neilm's STV with it). I have checked this on several video files of different formats (DivX, Xvid, MPEG, etc.) so I don't think it's a bad codec.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:13 AM
Sage Icon

OverClock, we have pages and pages of talk about pauses and things with 2.1 here especially with my 15 version. Do this:

Upgrade SageTV to the beta 2.2.2. version. Do a reboot to make sure everything has taken affect correctly. After the reboot, run for a couple of hours using the OriginalV2.stv to make sure everything is working correctly. (if you don't really want to do this then skip the OriginalV2.stv part).

Install the Cayars 16 Test B code from here in the forums over your version 15 stv setup. Version 16 of my STV and 2.2.2. of SageTV work well together and feel more like the old days of 2.0 Sage.

If you experience any pauses, slowdowns that are out of the ordinary, switch the STV back to OriginalV2 to see if it appears to be a STV problem or not.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:25 AM
Sage User

Updated Sage this morning to 2.2.2Beta. Haven't had a lockup since (2.1 in combination with Cayars 16B gave me plenty of lockups). The interface now feels rock solid. Well done Sage!

The details above listings no longer responds to the switch in the setup. It's now permanently missing any details. Only the title and the date-time period are showing (and of course that good 'old' icon bar ).

You can download my wiz.bin from <url removed>.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by Demideus; 12-19-2004 at 12:06 PM. Reason: url no longer valid
Old 12-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Me too I have no Extended show data in the EPG...

Oren.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

Do you guys really need the EPG data?

If so, it's gonna cost ya.

I know it's costing me, my sanity.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

I installed 2.2.2beta and Cayars16B last night. I don't have the hesitation and stuttering anymore, it's even gone in the AVI files!

Only found a few of minor issues:
- The left button will not take you out of the Music Libraries menu - you have to hit the Back/Exit button.
- Clicking on a newsfeeds does not automatically launch your browser anymore (haven't checked if it still works in 15 after upgrading to 2.2.2).
- When watching a show if you type in a channel number to change the channel, the little box does not pop-up showing you what you are clicking - it only pops-up after it changes to the channel.
- I am still having the wierd problem with the watched bar when in Malore's Recording screen and using the video preview. This is where the bars appear to be diaganal - I think you tried to fix it in 14 or 15 but it is still a problem.
- Still cannot figure out how to set the STOP button to go to my default Recording(Malore) menu instead of going to the Media Libraries screen.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demideus
Updated Sage this morning to 2.2.2Beta. Haven't had a lockup since (2.1 in combination with Cayars 16B gave me plenty of lockups). The interface now feels rock solid. Well done Sage!

The details above listings no longer responds to the switch in the setup. It's now permanently missing any details. Only the title and the date-time period are showing (and of course that good 'old' icon bar ).

You can download my wiz.bin from http://www.xs4all.nl/~demideus/Wiz.zip.
Hope this helps.
This didn't work. I'm thinking I might need a copy of your properties file also. Could you post this also?

Thanks,
Carlo
Old 12-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
I installed 2.2.2beta and Cayars16B last night. I don't have the hesitation and stuttering anymore, it's even gone in the AVI files!
What can I say but
This was the biggest hurdle in 16 as far as the STV goes. That and the 2.2.2. make it work pretty close to the 2.0 days. (not quite but pretty close).
Quote:
Only found a few of minor issues:
- The left button will not take you out of the Music Libraries menu - you have to hit the Back/Exit button.
- Clicking on a newsfeeds does not automatically launch your browser anymore (haven't checked if it still works in 15 after upgrading to 2.2.2).
- When watching a show if you type in a channel number to change the channel, the little box does not pop-up showing you what you are clicking - it only pops-up after it changes to the channel.
Non of these sound very hard. I should have them fixed up in the next test release.
Quote:
- I am still having the wierd problem with the watched bar when in Malore's Recording screen and using the video preview. This is where the bars appear to be diaganal - I think you tried to fix it in 14 or 15 but it is still a problem.
- Still cannot figure out how to set the STOP button to go to my default Recording(Malore) menu instead of going to the Media Libraries screen.
This one is a bugger! I'll take another look at it. Do me a favor and let me know if you get this same type problem when using any of the other recording screens. I'm wondering if it's just Malore or all of them that will give you a problem.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

I don't know if this will take priority but.

I am still using cayaras15, and found out that if doing favorite record, on a show with name, and subltile (episode name) only (no description), then after the show is recorded it is shown incorrctly in the video library display.
it is shown as blank (no title).
this used to happen with shows that had no episode name (subtitle field in xmltv), and now i see it in shows with no description.

I am using cayaras 15, sage 2.2.2.

has any 1 else seen this?
Old 12-17-2004, 01:00 PM
Sage Expert

does 2.2.2 let you use VMR9 with 3d acceleration enabled yet?
Old 12-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Sage User

I guess I spoke too soon about it's stability. Got a couple of freezes on the way. They usually occur when I go back from a show to the list. On the PVR350 the first thing it does is close the video output, show the background and the list. If after the freeze I go to the VGA output, I'll un-iconize Sage and see the video is still playing. The VGA screen and the PVR350 screen are actually doing two different things!! Could this be a side-effect of the speed-enhancements you've implemented?
After switching back to Cayars 15 it all seems to work well again (video keeps playing in the background on the PVR350). I'll leave it this way for a while and see if it stays stable...

Here's a copy of assorted files in the sage directory: <url removed>.
I've also added an epgdata.xml so you can try importing the EPG data itself. The XMLTVImportPlugin I'm currently using is http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...3378#post43378.

Last edited by Demideus; 12-19-2004 at 12:11 PM. Reason: url's no longer valid
Old 12-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
does 2.2.2 let you use VMR9 with 3d acceleration enabled yet?
Only if you install DirectX 9.0c
Old 12-17-2004, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
I don't know if this will take priority but.

I am still using cayaras15, and found out that if doing favorite record, on a show with name, and subltile (episode name) only (no description), then after the show is recorded it is shown incorrctly in the video library display.
it is shown as blank (no title).
this used to happen with shows that had no episode name (subtitle field in xmltv), and now i see it in shows with no description.

I am using cayaras 15, sage 2.2.2.

has any 1 else seen this?
I'd need to know if this occurs in 16 now as the code in places is much different. When you upgrade to 16 let me know if it still does it.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Comskip "bug" or quirk

I have a number of recorded shows already moved to Archives. When I run comskip on an archived show it starts and runs fine but always returns a "failed" popup on completion. (using STV15, Sage2.1.10, WinXP Pro sp1 on Server, sp2 on Clients) However, when I playback check the episode comskip segments are there. I ran it 5 times on archived shows using two different Clients, both same "failed" popup. No biggy, it works it just doesn't know it!
Old 12-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Feature Request

How about adding a way to categorize favorites? Currently my recorded shows are littered with my son's and wife's recordings. It would be great if when we define a favorite we could assign it to a category. Then be able to add menu items which in turn point to filtered (by category) recording show lists.

So rather then just have TV Recordings have the following:

Family TV Recordings
Mom's TV Recordings
Dad's TV Recordings
Jr's TV Recordings
etc...

HC
Old 12-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Sage Expert

Bug:

In your new music library screen, it shows 6 albums (2x3). however, there is no way to scroll down to see more than 6. At first I wasn't sure if this was because I only had 6 albums, but I'm pretty sure now that thats not the case. I can see different albums when I use the "Sort by" feature
Old 12-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
I have a number of recorded shows already moved to Archives. When I run comskip on an archived show it starts and runs fine but always returns a "failed" popup on completion. (using STV15, Sage2.1.10, WinXP Pro sp1 on Server, sp2 on Clients) However, when I playback check the episode comskip segments are there. I ran it 5 times on archived shows using two different Clients, both same "failed" popup. No biggy, it works it just doesn't know it!
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...jere#post73230