SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-19-2004, 12:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
You should be able to do this already in the Malore view by choosing Single Group in the grouping options instead of by Title. Then just change it back after you delete what you need deleted.
Thanks for the pointer ToxMox, I havn't messed with the "group by" setting in ages. I guess I was thinking of a new feature vs. an alternate way of deleting files using the existing capabilities. This is certainly better than going one by one, but I would still like to see it as a seperate option.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:33 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Believe it or not using Windows Media Player with the extra MP3 option pack works great with SageTV. It generates all the data and pics needed without any additional steps need on your part.
what option pack are you talkinga bout? Something you have to pay for?
Old 12-19-2004, 07:18 AM
Sage Icon

https://onlinekey.ltg.info/shop/productinfo.aspx

That was for version 8 or 9 of WMP. It's been replaced by http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/PlusHome.asp now.

Previously you needed to have something like this installed in order to get WMP to RIP in MP3 format. I don't know if this is still true or not with WMP version 10 as it does SYNCing to media players and many of them are MP3 format only. So this may not be needed any more.

Plop a music CD in your machine and see if WMP 10 can RIP to MP3. Let me know if it can. I've got the the software installed from the first link on my machines so I can't tell if it's built in now or if it's still using the sonic encoders.

Last edited by Cayars; 12-19-2004 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It will actually support all the following types:
cue/bin
iso
ccd (CloneCD)
bwt (Blindwrite)
mds (Media Descriptor File)
cdi (Discjuggler)
nrg (Nero)
pdi (Instant CD/DVD)
b5t (BlindWrite 5)

What types are .cdi and .md5? What program do you use to create these types?
Welp I misread my directory. The .md5 was just a checksum file for one of my other images and the cdi you already have listed in your list above so we are groovy to go
Old 12-19-2004, 07:53 AM
Sage Icon

OK so I tried to add my dir of DVD images and Sage did not like it one bit. I quit Sage and the Service then I added my extensions to the sage.properties file and when I started everything back up and added my folder of DVD image files the Sage service started to hit my cpu pretty hard and wouldn't stop and the pseudo client wasn't responding anymore either. So I reverted to no ISOs.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Welp I misread my directory. The .md5 was just a checksum file for one of my other images and the cdi you already have listed in your list above so we are groovy to go
Actually I mistyped it. What I wanted to know was the .md5 (which I thought was just a checksum) and .img which is probably just another extension for one of the types already covered.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK so I tried to add my dir of DVD images and Sage did not like it one bit. I quit Sage and the Service then I added my extensions to the sage.properties file and when I started everything back up and added my folder of DVD image files the Sage service started to hit my cpu pretty hard and wouldn't stop and the pseudo client wasn't responding anymore either. So I reverted to no ISOs.
Try turning on debug mode in the registry and you should see what SageTV is trying to do on the import. It looks like you might have found a 2.2.2. bug similar to the one that was fixed earlier. Check out the debug log and see if SageTV is caught in a loop.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
https://onlinekey.ltg.info/shop/productinfo.aspx
Plop a music CD in your machine and see if WMP 10 can RIP to MP3. Let me know if it can. I've got the the software installed from the first link on my machines so I can't tell if it's built in now or if it's still using the sonic encoders.
Media Center 2005 with WMP 10 will rip MP3 right out of the box.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Sage User

Hi all,

I just moved my Hauppauge 350 and SageTV app from my home office PC to a new pc that I placed in my entertainment system. Nice to finally get it all connected to the AV stuff!

With my cable setup I have it so I can view the video out from my vcr on any TV in the house. I've rewired things so that now happens with my HTPC. Using the original STV I can sit in front of any TV in the house and, using a Powermid remote sender, use my Hauppauge remote to control SageTV. Works like a charm!

When I switch over to the Cayars15 STV things go bad. On the main screen, if "View TV" is highlighted and I hit the arrow down button, instead of jumping one place down to "Media Libraries" it jumps all the way down to the bottom, to "Stop Playback". A down arrow again brings it to the "Upcoming recording" I have set. Up arrow goes back to "Stop Playback" and another up arrow jumps it back to the top to "View TV". In other words, I can't get to any of the options between ViewTV and StopPlayback.

If I switch back to OriginalV2.stv everything works fine both in front of the HTPC and via the Powermid remote sender. With Cayars15.stv I can use the remote when I'm sitting in front of my HTPC but when I go to use the Powermid remote sender, badness occurs.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do? For now I'm going to use the OriginalV2.stv but I'd much prefer to use the Cayars STV.

Cayars: If you want me to do any testing/debugging/troubleshooting definitely let me know. I feel like I'm using SageTV at 1/2 speed by not using your STV. :-(

Thanks,

-Gary
Old 12-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Sage Icon

This doesn't sound like an STV related issue but something more like the hauppauge IR program issue to me.

The real test would be to try it from the the keyboard. If it goes down one item in the menu and doesn't jump to the bottom (Pg/Dn) it's not STV related.

Some people DO NEED to do a re-boot when ever they switch STVs or things just don't work correctly. 5 or 6 people here have this issue. So try switching to the Cayars STV and then close sagetv and reboot. See if the problem then goes away.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi! I've read this thread from the beginning, but started using this STV couple of weeks ago when I upgraded to 2.1 (now 2.2.2). Great STV! But (always a but, right?), I think 2 bugs are still in the 16TestC version. First, the Delete Orphan Files doesn't delete the ccyes/ccno files. I changed orphan.bat, but I don't think this is used anymore. Second, when Channel Setup is selected, it goes to the wizard instead.

Thanks for the great STV! It really puts Sage over the top!
Old 12-19-2004, 07:31 PM
Sage User

If anyone is having trouble getting TheaterTek 2.0 to play your ripped dvd's, here's what i did to get it working:

Set cayars/external_video_player to true
changed the external video command file to:
"c:\program files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\TheaterTek DVD.exe" /NOSPLASH /PL %1

NOTE: Version 1.5 used the /PATH command. Version 2.0 uses /PL

Working great now! Thansk for the excellent STV!

Jeff

P4 2.6 Ghz, 768 MB RAM, 80 GB
NVidia 6600GT, M-Audio Delta Dio 24/96, Sony DVD, DIGN case w/ VFD
Old 12-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Sage User

Hi i installed the test c version on top of sage 2.2.2 and when i activated it the whole of sage became unresponsive cpu shot up to 100% (normally 10-15)and life was sad. I noticed in task manager comskip and sagetv where both active and between them they where using all cpu. finnaly managed to get it to quit changed the properties back to the 15 version and life was good again.

pc is 2.8p4 and 1gb mem

is there anything you would like me to check out. Im happy with 15 and am happy till there is a release version of 16 but if you would like me to test anything id be happy to

-e
Old 12-20-2004, 04:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

"Back" Behaviour

I swear I can remember seeing a discussion about the logic used in the "back" command, but I'm unable to find it with search.
Anyway, in 15 and previous, when I watched a program and it booted me back to the recordings menu upon completion, I could then hit the "back" key and it would take me one menu back (for me the main menu). Now with 16C (and I think in 16B as well), if I finish watching a recording or hit stop playback and get booted back to the recordings menu, I then hit "back" and it takes me to live tv on whatever channel I last recorded on instead of the previous menu. This has turned out to be pretty annoying because of the way I'm used to. Can this be changed?
Old 12-20-2004, 07:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
This doesn't sound like an STV related issue but something more like the hauppauge IR program issue to me.

The real test would be to try it from the the keyboard. If it goes down one item in the menu and doesn't jump to the bottom (Pg/Dn) it's not STV related.

Some people DO NEED to do a re-boot when ever they switch STVs or things just don't work correctly. 5 or 6 people here have this issue. So try switching to the Cayars STV and then close sagetv and reboot. See if the problem then goes away.
Hi Cayars,

You're right, it wasn't an STV problem, it just looked that way to me based on the circumstances. The problem was caused because I neglected to turn off the Windows screensaver. It just so happens that when I got around to trying the hauppauge remote through the remote sender (and the Cayars STV) the screensaver had kicked in. It did some bad things. Since I've disabled it, both the original and Cayars STV's work fine for me.

Sorry to have doubted your STV. I'm glad it wasn't the problem.

-Gary
Old 12-20-2004, 11:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Two minor issues in 16 test C, both related to the "Video Library (Archived)" screen:

When you select the recording that you want to watch, pressing OK/Enter doesn't start the recording. You have to go into the Details screen and select Watch Now. You fixed this in the "Video Library (TV Recording)" screen a couple of versions back -- can we get it fixed in "Video Library (Archived)" as well? I'd like to just be able to press OK and go, which seems more intuitive and more consistent with the other screens.

When watching an Archived recording started from the "Video Library (Archived)" screen, if you press Stop to end the playback it takes you back to the "Video Library (TV Recordings)" screen rather than to the "Video Library (Archived)" screen.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder
Old 12-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Sage Icon

jgsouthard,

I'll take a look at the first issue and see what I can do to fix this up. The second issue is probably going to stick for version 16 but I'll take a look at it for 17. At present when a video is stopped or has finished it just goes back to the shortcut you defined in Detailed Setup. I'm thinking of re-doing this for the next release and keeping track of where you came from and then going back.

If I were to make this change in 16 I'd probably have to go a few more beta cycles and I don't won't to do that right now. I'm working on getting the compression and DVD stuff out.

I'm presently doing a test of the DVD Builder while I'm testing this. Hopefully I'll put this out for testing later tonight. This leaves only the ffmpeg compression integration left ToDo before 16 is released.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to krustyjonez
Video Mode behind Guide using VMR9/Transparent not working

Carlo:

I've noticed that in the 16 series of your STV, selecting for video always to play doesn't work on every screen. It will play fine behind the detailed setup, but not when the Guide comes up. In order to have video continue to play when viewing the guide, I have to set the video mode to put the video up in the corner.

This wasn't the behavior in V15-any chance that you can fix it in 16? I am fond of the full screen video behind the guide-one of the major benefits of running VMR9.

Jonathan
Old 12-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

You already mentioned redoing this for 17, so I will put in my 2 cents. First of all, thank you for implementing the new STOP behavior, I have been hoping for this for a while and finally got my wish . To make it even better for 17 the easiest thing might be to have the STOP function as Back/Exit({Alt}Left) then Close File(Stop) this gives the desired result of Stopping the playback and exiting to the previous screen.

The way it functions right now it always goes back to the default recording menu (still better than before ) and I also noticed that in Malore's view it remembers which group of shows you were in, but goes to the top of the list of shows in that group, instead of going to the episode you were just viewing. This can be confusing when trying to delete/archive shows if you have a lot of shows in a group and they do not have episode names (if that makes sense).
Old 12-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Running Cayars16TestC with 2.1.10

Does anyone else have a problem with the Live TV Guide? On my system, the column times get real wanky and the column sizes change as I move across a row. The highlight doesn't follow the motion, but disappears. The program descriptions change appropriately, but everything else seems to be messed up. This was OK with 15. It does this both with my modified cayars-menu.xml and the stock one. I tried changing the number of columns in the guide, but that had no apparent effect.

Is this possibly a 2.1 vs. 2.2 problem? I've been a little reticent to move on to the beta, but maybe that's the answer. Is the consensus that 2.2 is stable enough to use?