SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Sage Expert

I'm off on a 3 week vacation so last minor bug report before I head out for a while (unfortunate timing, can't wait to try out DVD stuff, oh well...)

-in the Music Library, if I View by Title, go to a song, click the song, then hit "View Album Info," it just hangs there and doesn't go to the album. Extremely minor but thats what beta testing is, right?

Happy Holidays and Have a Happy New Year Everyone
Old 12-20-2004, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

2.2.2 is far more stable then 2.1. Run don't walk and get it installed.

That IMHO.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by krustyjonez
Carlo:

I've noticed that in the 16 series of your STV, selecting for video always to play doesn't work on every screen. It will play fine behind the detailed setup, but not when the Guide comes up. In order to have video continue to play when viewing the guide, I have to set the video mode to put the video up in the corner.

This wasn't the behavior in V15-any chance that you can fix it in 16? I am fond of the full screen video behind the guide-one of the major benefits of running VMR9.

Jonathan
I probably messed it up. I'll check on this. This should be fixed in 16 for final release.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone have a list of colors and corresponding hexcode for the watched bar color setting?
Old 12-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
This might be a stupid question, but does anyone have a list of colors and corresponding hexcode for the watched bar color setting?
Not a stupid question, but everyone just loves my choice of colors SO MUCH that they haven't changed it. That or no body knows how to figure out hex color codes.

A google search will probably turn up some type of interactive chart for web developers or something that you can "pick" a color and it will give you the hex code for it.

If anyone finds something web based let me know or I'll try and whip something up for 17.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
That or no body knows how to figure out hex color codes.
I guess there are a few people that do have a problem counting from zero up to F sometimes, so 00 thru FF probably confuses them even more

Should be able to find many color pickers though if you do a search for web page HTML color values.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Sage Icon

I changed the color and transparency, just can't remember what to and I'm not in front of the machine. Although I quit using the STV because of the black screen at end of file playing issue. But since that is fixed, I guess I should d/l v16 and give her a whirl

Jason Bottjen

Quote:
Not a stupid question, but everyone just loves my choice of colors SO MUCH that they haven't changed it. That or no body knows how to figure out hex color codes.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Sage User

Quote:

A google search will probably turn up some type of interactive chart for web developers or something that you can "pick" a color and it will give you the hex code for it.

If anyone finds something web based let me know or I'll try and whip something up for 17.
This is a neat web-based tool for picking complementary colors:
http://www.wellstyled.com/tools/colo.../index-en.html

Case Lian Li PC-A71F, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, CPU Intel Core i7-860, RAM 8 GB, Encoders 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250's, VideoCard PowerCooler AX4350, OS Windows 7 Pro, SageTV 6.6.2, SageTV Media Extender, SageTV Client, SageTV PlaceShifter, Sage Webserver.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
jgsouthard,

I'll take a look at the first issue and see what I can do to fix this up. The second issue is probably going to stick for version 16 but I'll take a look at it for 17. At present when a video is stopped or has finished it just goes back to the shortcut you defined in Detailed Setup. I'm thinking of re-doing this for the next release and keeping track of where you came from and then going back.

If I were to make this change in 16 I'd probably have to go a few more beta cycles and I don't won't to do that right now. I'm working on getting the compression and DVD stuff out.

I'm presently doing a test of the DVD Builder while I'm testing this. Hopefully I'll put this out for testing later tonight. This leaves only the ffmpeg compression integration left ToDo before 16 is released.
Thanks. No real hurry on either one. They're both minor issues and I certainly wouldn't hold up 16 for them.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder
Old 12-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
2.2.2 is far more stable then 2.1. Run don't walk and get it installed.
Duly noted and done. My guide problem seems to have gone away with the change to 2.2.2. Thanks
Old 12-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

Actually, something that I would appreciate more than a web based color-to-hex chart would be a way to see what the changes will look like against your background without having to go back and forth from Detailed Setup to your Recordings screen - what a pain in the a**. No wonder no one has changed the color .

BTW, I am just venting from a crappy day. Being able to change the color outweighs the PIA it is to switch between screens, but it would be nice if we could have both.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

In the Beta16C I can't seem to get the IMDB lookups to work.
Anyone else?
Old 12-21-2004, 08:23 AM
Sage Icon

Actually, that is a really GOOD idea.

It WAS a real pain to change the settings, get out, go to the recording list and see what it looks like.

A quick example on that dialog of the results would be EXCELLENT!

Jason Bottjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Actually, something that I would appreciate more than a web based color-to-hex chart would be a way to see what the changes will look like against your background without having to go back and forth from Detailed Setup to your Recordings screen - what a pain in the a**. No wonder no one has changed the color .

BTW, I am just venting from a crappy day. Being able to change the color outweighs the PIA it is to switch between screens, but it would be nice if we could have both.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman
In the Beta16C I can't seem to get the IMDB lookups to work.
Anyone else?
Nope, I can't make it work properly any more either (not that I'm realy using the IMDB feature much). Sometimes I will get an image for the movie. But no real data. Also it seems impossible to leave the screen once a movie has been looked up.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Sage Icon

i just tried the IMDB feature in some of the older STVs and it doesn't seem to be working in those either.

It appears at first glance that they changed the website and parts of the code will need to be fixed.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Sage User

IMDB Lookup

Hey Cayars, will give the obligatory kudos for the work you've done (and others) as it's well deserved, and the outcome is duly appreciated.

While you are in the IMDB code, would it be possible to add the following feature req as well:

Basically, once you've performed an IMDB search, allow the ability to save out the data, so that it can be presented later in the Detailed info view for the movie, etc. without needing to re-search IMDB again.

Basically, what would happen is you do the IMDB search on the file, select the movie then "right click" or something saying save info to file, and it would save it alongside te movie file, in a .my file or something that contained the standard infromation like description, release date, actors, etc.

I'm sure it's only a couple easy click things for you to make that change right.

Anyway, just a suggestion of something both myself and a friend would find drastically useful. Feel free to shoot me down.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Sage Icon

Sneaks, on my list for a later version. But when I do this I'll be replacing the IMDB code completely with all my own code.

More then likely I'll replace local weather, IMDB, Weather Suite, RSS etc with a more modular "plug-in" styles code. I'll borrow code I've written from my portal days.

PS For those of you that don't know it, I authoried one of the top company portal systems before selling it off
Old 12-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaks
Hey Cayars, will give the obligatory kudos for the work you've done (and others) as it's well deserved, and the outcome is duly appreciated.

While you are in the IMDB code, would it be possible to add the following feature req as well:

Basically, once you've performed an IMDB search, allow the ability to save out the data, so that it can be presented later in the Detailed info view for the movie, etc. without needing to re-search IMDB again.

Basically, what would happen is you do the IMDB search on the file, select the movie then "right click" or something saying save info to file, and it would save it alongside te movie file, in a .my file or something that contained the standard infromation like description, release date, actors, etc.

I'm sure it's only a couple easy click things for you to make that change right.

Anyway, just a suggestion of something both myself and a friend would find drastically useful. Feel free to shoot me down.
Since your going out on a limb with this request, let me help push you over . It would be REALLY cool if you could also download the .jpg for the movie as well.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:23 PM
Sage User

Great, thanks for the response. Gotta ask now though, which Portal? Or are you not allowed/willing to say. (which I can respect)

Side note, I've got an odd bug, that I didn't notice posted anywhere (did look/search, but there's so many posts, easily could have missed it.)

My preview window video on all menus always has a black square in the middle of it. Viewing TV is fine, only when on menus. This is present in v15 and 16C, and is irrelevant if full screen/window. I/m using Sage 2.1 BTW, not 2.2.2

Very odd.

Do you have your "list" posted anywhere? That might be helpful, and hopefully reduce the number of questions asked. Perhaps posting in with the release notes at the top of the forum. Could divide it into a couple headings something like: "In Development" and "Requested", etc.

If you're not careful people may start asking for a full release schedule and Project Plan.

BTW, are straight posts like this the best way to Req features, or do you have another method you prefer. (hopefully the other method isn't "PISS OFF"

Although I'm a well versed IT guy at a leading Tech company, sadly my programming skills never really progressed past BASIC on my MC-10 days (hehe wonder how many know what that is) LOL

I left that all to my dad, and I instead played with the HW/OS side of things.

Hence I have to rely on trusty individuals like yourselves.

Thanks again.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
Here is a little prog I wrote, what needs to be done is that the file that gets created when I click compress, be written with ISO-8859-8 (or whetever encoding).

check this class out, it shows an easy way of doing this.
ilan
Cayaras Hi,

with the outgoing version 16, would it be possible for you to support hebrew (and other non english langs) in compress better?

I'm affraid that I tried version16c and still it writes the file with the header correctly but the content is still being written incorrectly (I suspect IS-8859-1).

what this does is actually make the file unuable for us who write the file descriptio in other than english langs.

previously I have attached a small piece of code to help do this transcoding (post #898).
would it be possible for you to incorparate it into you'r already AMAZING stv??