SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-02-2004, 06:06 AM
Sage Icon

I can't believe I did that.

I rebuilt the zip file with the STV file this time and re-uploaded it. If you happen to be one of the people that downloaded it and didn't get the STV file I uploaded a ZIP file with only the STV file in it. You'll have to manually put it where it goes as there is no path information embedded in the zip.

You can download it at http://www.tcw.net/sagetv/cayarsv21c-stv.zip
Old 11-02-2004, 07:05 AM
Sage Icon

I'm very happy you added all those properties settings to the detailed setup. I was always hoping someone would do that.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:21 AM
Sage Icon

There are others that could be added too, but I tried to take into consideration if the user would/could get into trouble with them and I only added the ones I thought were safe. There are other safe ones to like being able to choose fonts (I added sizes) but I found out this wasn't to good an idea as it becomes too easy to "run off screen" as different fonts have different widths. I found it also starts looking funny with different font families on the screen.

If anyone does need/want additional property settings added let me know and I'll take it under consideration.

I'm already working on the next version so if anyone has any requests let me know.

Carlo

BTW, I've already changed the functionality of selecting backgrounds and screen save logos in the next release. It now uses a directory browser (similar to picking an STV) and allows you to pick graphics located anywhere on your computer.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Sage Icon

Have you considered making another XML file containing a list of all the possible properties to be listed in the gui and have show and hide flags for each and maybe even a category tree structure to it?
Old 11-02-2004, 10:00 AM
Sage Expert

Can't wait to try it, but i'll have to wait 6 hours

I was wondering, as long as you are increasing background functionality, if you would consider implementing the ability to have a different background for each screen, or at least multiple backgrounds spread out through the STV. I think a different background per section (ie. TV, Media, Setup, etc.) would be kind of cool

Last edited by abasu2003; 11-02-2004 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Sage Fanatic

Here's a quick bug report to hopefully help you out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt bug_report_v21c.txt (2.5 KB, 204 views)
Old 11-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Can't wait to try it, but i'll have to wait 6 hours

I was wondering, as long as you are increasing background functionality, if you would consider implementing the ability to have a different background for each screen, or at least multiple backgrounds spread out through the STV. I think a different background per section (ie. TV, Media, Setup, etc.) would be kind of cool
I already thought about that too. I'm thinking this could end up being a lot of work with the present way the themes are setup. It's already on my ToDo list however.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Carlo,

Great work on C release!!!
Enhanced OSD & mini guide are exactly what I was missing, but I have two problems - One new & one old:

The new one - when there is a live or recorded video running and I'm in the Main Menu I cannot press <left> on my remote to go back to full video screen again - it worked on your last release... I have to press LiveTV on my remote to go back (not a big problem...but old habits... )

The old one - In the LiveTV GUIDE, Could you please change the channel [ICON-NUMBER-NAME] from one line to two? I cannot read the station name if it's longer than 4/5 letters...BTW in the ORIGINALv2.STV the channel was on two lines...

Thanks again for a GREAT STV!
Oren.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Cayers,

Great STV thanks a lot.
One idea for customising would be some options around channel Info. e.g. at the moment, it is Icon, number , text.
It would be nice to have the options of which to display.

Thanks for all the work on this.

Cheers

Mark
Old 11-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Sage Icon

I've fixed the mini-guide and OSD display issues and was about to throw up a new patched release but I'll take a look at these previous two items quickly and see what I can do with them.

Oshapir, if you're talking about what I think you're talking about with the left arrow, I fixed it in the unreleased patch version.

Carlo

PS, if anybody notices any other issues by all means let me know. I added so much stuff in this release I'm sure there is bound to be some issues.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:51 PM
Sage Icon

Oshapir, First I made the [ICON-NUMBER-NAME] in LiveTV configurable. You can set this in Detailed Setup->Interface->TV Guide Options.

What I thought you were referring to about the live video in the main menu isn't what I thought it was. Actually, the main menu functionality is handled by Nielm's Dyanamic Menu system. I upgraded the code for this release since he upgraded his code. This would probably be something you would want to talk to him about. If he supports it I'll upgrade this code to also.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Sage Expert

Great job. I've only messed around with for a few minutes, but simply amazing.

my short bug report:

-the 2 pane recordings menu, the lines are getting cut off a little. I attached a file and you have to look close, but some of the p's get cutoff at the bottom

-when I try to view the OSD and the info at the same time, the OSD overlaps the time bar. I think mlbdude got around this by making his mini-OSD smaller than yours, or even shrinking it when both were called at teh same time. but i like the bigger mini-osd

and as for other OSD issues, I'm assuming some patches are comign so I'll just wait on that, but, like mls said, i would have wanted the up/down arrow keys tied exclusively to the mini-OSD (or at least an option where this happens).

Also, I wouldn't mind if some of the picture selection items had a browser to look for files. I tried to enter a background image in blind, couldn't think of one, and then hit ok on blank, which messed things up for a little bit. insigniificant though. great job.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg recordings screen cutoff.JPG (78.8 KB, 230 views)
Old 11-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
-when I try to view the OSD and the info at the same time, the OSD overlaps the time bar. I think mlbdude got around this by making his mini-OSD smaller than yours, or even shrinking it when both were called at teh same time. but i like the bigger mini-osd
Do you mean the mini-guide showing the TV listings? That was kept the same size, but was bumped up out of the way when the time bar was displayed. Cayars: if this is the issue & you want extra info on that, PM me.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Do you mean the mini-guide showing the TV listings? That was kept the same size, but was bumped up out of the way when the time bar was displayed. Cayars: if this is the issue & you want extra info on that, PM me.
yeah, tahts what i meant-the mini guide
Old 11-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Great job. I've only messed around with for a few minutes, but simply amazing.
Cool, thanks!

Quote:
my short bug report:

-the 2 pane recordings menu, the lines are getting cut off a little. I attached a file and you have to look close, but some of the p's get cutoff at the bottom
I hadn't noticed this before. I'll check on it.
Quote:

and as for other OSD issues, I'm assuming some patches are comign so I'll just wait on that, but, like mls said, i would have wanted the up/down arrow keys tied exclusively to the mini-OSD (or at least an option where this happens).
I think I've got all the OSD issues tackled. If anything got by me, I'm sure it's an easy fix at this point since I know this section of code inside and out by now!

I added an additional MINI-GUIDE option. One now controls if the MINI-GUIDE is enabled and the second option allows you to bind it to the GUIDE key or not. Previously the wording was "bind to guide" but really it was an "enable mini-guide" type thing.
Quote:
Also, I wouldn't mind if some of the picture selection items had a browser to look for files. I tried to enter a background image in blind, couldn't think of one, and then hit ok on blank, which messed things up for a little bit. insigniificant though. great job.
Me to but too much work for how often it will get used. However, you can use window explorer's thumbnail view of a directory to see what looks interesting before selecting it in the STV to narrow things down.

The way it works now is similar to selecting an STV file or setting up a video directory. HOWEVER, as soon as you select a new background it takes affect right away, so you can stay in the background selection portion of detailed setup until you find a background you like. Background8.jpg (in the zip) is growing on me. This is the background used in the first message.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkimar
Hi Cayers,

Great STV thanks a lot.
One idea for customising would be some options around channel Info. e.g. at the moment, it is Icon, number , text.
It would be nice to have the options of which to display.

Thanks for all the work on this.

Cheers

Mark
I did something similar to this based on yor suggestion. You can now select one or two line display. You can also now select if the Channel Number and/or Channel Name is displayed ALSO when a logo is displayed.

The code is smart in that if one station has a logo and another doesn't it applies this logic on a station by station basis depending on if you have a logo or not.

I also just thought (will quickly add it) to add an option to not diplay logos even if present. I'm not sure if there is a use for it but...
Old 11-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Sage User

I just noticed that as soon as I start watching a program via LiveTV the conflict icon appears at the top of the menu screen. It goes away as soon as I stop playback. I don't remember this being a behavior of other STVs or not.

*Go Red Sox*
Old 11-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Sage Icon

By any chance do you have something scheduled to record (or using IR)? Is so and you use the tuner to watch tv it might not be able to record and you get a conflict icon.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Sage User

I am running into a bit of a problem using the 'detailed setup' menu. I have 21b installed, downloaded and extracted 21c. I did this as described, with all stored folders extracted into the my main sage directory. I stopped the Sage background process and the application sitting in the task tray. I then restarted/reloaded and attempted to go to the detail menu page to change to the new STV. When I select it, I get the following error:

"Error: Unknown Internal Screen"
"Detailed Setup modified by Cayars"

I then stopped Sage again and manually changed the sageclient.properties file to point to the new STV ('c'). When I restarted Sage, all new menus, etc., appear as they should. However, I get the same error when I try to go to the detail setup menu.

I just checked and I'm actually getting this error for quite a few menu items. I had 21b working perfectly. Was I not supposed to extract on top of the the existing files before exiting the sage application? Did I miss a config setting?

Any ideas?

Thank you and thanks to the author of this fine set of features / utilities / 'swiss army' knife of extras!!

David

Last edited by SteinyD; 11-02-2004 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcannon
I just noticed that as soon as I start watching a program via LiveTV the conflict icon appears at the top of the menu screen. It goes away as soon as I stop playback. I don't remember this being a behavior of other STVs or not.

Seen here too -- no actual conflicts and IR off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinyD
I am running into a bit of a problem using the 'detailed setup' menu. I have 21b installed, downloaded and extracted 21c. I did this as described, with all stored folders extracted into the my main sage directory. I stopped the Sage background process and the application sitting in the task tray. I then restarted/reloaded and attempted to go to the detail menu page to change to the new STV. When I select it, I get the following error:

"Error: Unknown Internal Screen"
"Detailed Setup modified by Cayars"

I then stopped Sage again and manually changed the sageclient.properties file to point to the new STV ('c'). When I restarted Sage, all new menus, etc., appear as they should. However, I get the same error when I try to go to the detail setup menu.

I just checked and I'm actually getting this error for quite a few menu items. I had 21b working perfectly. Was I not supposed to extract on top of the the existing files before exiting the sage application? Did I miss a config setting?

Any ideas?

Thank you and thanks to the author of this fine set of features / utilities / 'swiss army' knife of extras!!

David
Saw this error also. To fix I unzipped again and C&P into the Sage directory as instructed and no issues since.

My question: how do I set Malore's 2 column recordings view. Any hints?

Otherwise, sweet STV!! Adding some of the common sage properties to the UI is wonderful.

Now if we could just get navigation sounds enabled....