SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-24-2004, 10:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Hi Cayars,

I am eagerly anticipating the upcoming release of ver 16 of this awesome STV. I want to ask When, When, When. But I am going to restrain myself.
Do you know how the built in compression is going to work yet or is it in the idea stages. I was wondering if it is going to be a favorite setting or recording by recording settings.

Also, do you take donations for your work?
Well, I'll probably have an actual release version available on Dec 26 or 27. However, if you already have version 15 installed you can download the 4th test version of 16 (beta). The download link is in message 1609.

There are only a couple of issues reported so far in this version and they are minor so I doubt there will be another beta version. The next version should be the release.

This version has DVD Burning but not compression to DivX/Mpeg4/XVid. I've played around a lot with this stuff and was trying to get it in 16 but I just don't like the results I'm getting from the transcodes. So I'm going to work thi out a little and make the transcoder of choice configurable to the user.

I myself prefer Dr. DivX which consitantly give me the best results. The problem with Dr. DivX is that it's not normally able to be run in an automated fashion. I've solved this problem and can kick off transcode after transcode.

I'll elaborate more on 17 after the release of 16. I pretty much know what I want to do in 17 and 18 but I'm not sure yet which release will have each set of features.

Donations: sure, I'll give more info on this when I release 16 in a day or so (after Christmas).
Old 12-25-2004, 05:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I've noticed your a programmer. Why don't you just take the XML file generated and convert it to Hebrew before it gets used? Seems like this would be an easy way to solve your problem.

But to answer your question the person would be me since it's my STV.
Yes I am a programmer, but I am not a miricale maker.:-(

The simple fact is that i tried doing conversions between format aka read in 8859-1 and write in 8859-8 or UTF8 or whatever, but this does not work.

I am searching the net for answers but there doesn't seem to be a good solution, some of the characters are missing when u write them in the wrong encoding, since there are no corresponding values in Cp1252 (iso-8859-1).

I simply wanted the xml to be written correctly to disk like I showed in my sample, then I belive there will be no problems.

Sage already has this data correctly and they even show it correctly.
I am very sorry to have to ask for this all the time, things would be much simpler if they just gave me a copy of STUDIO, as a Java programmer, and also as someone who would gladly help with their I8n problems (for mine and others benefit ofcourse).

SageTv is great, STV's like your's do it justice, It's just that, you know, I am realy upset at not having the ability to control my fate.

I don't like asking others to do stuff for me, even if they are very nice and helpfull.

I like doing things myself and believe I CAN contribute very much, If only I had the materials to work with.

This has been a rant and I am sorry to have subjected u guys to it, But please, please, oh please let me have STUDIO, I'll be good I pormise

Anyway, sage is nice and suger and spice, I just want it to be mature so that everyone can use it, and not only some of the people (i.e. use to the full extent), I won't even mention the fact that I bought the client and since there is a problem with sage and hebrew file names it willl not send the files correctly to the client.
At least Sage promised to fix this sometime for the next release (not beta).

btw:
programming credentilas can be given by PM, if the guys at sage think it can get me STUDIO.

Thanks and sorry for the rant.
Have a merry crismass.
Old 12-25-2004, 05:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Just in case you missed this when it was posted before, I removed & reposted: I would be curious whether this is happening when using any STV, because I think this might be an XMLTV problem. I recall previous problems where the EPG is updated after the show is recorded and the EPG data for that airing is either cleared or changed. For example: someone had a show's First Run status change to Rerun just a day or so after it was recorded, so it always lost its Favorite status and was deleted in an older version of SageTV. You may be running into the same thing & the file gets put into the library or something -- if you play a library file, you'll notice that there is no info box at the top of the screen during playback. Anyway... does any of this sound familiar to what is happening?

- Andy
files are still located at the proper video recording place, its just that the shows loose all sata.

I am trying to figure out what is happening, maybe it's about time sage updates it xmltvepg interface and check on things.

I can try but canot do rigoures testing as this is a working system, any help is ofcourse taken seriousely and appeciated.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Phil the code looks OK but I've got a feeling that the %2 is causing a problem. The %2 is being passed as only a letter and the colon is in the cmd file. I probably need to pass the whole thing.
I did the tests you suggested. End result: Its not calling the batch file at all. Parameters or not, its not running at all in under my environment.

Merry Christmas (wife is going to kill me for being on my computers now )

Phil
Old 12-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words.

It will presently work with ffmpeg transcoding if you follow the setup in another thread around here. I was going to include this in the 16 release but it doesn't work well with UNC drives and many of us use them.

I'm looking/playing with some alternatives and do plan on incorporating this type of functionality hopefully in the next release. I would just prefer it to be more robust then what's currently available.

I also don't like the results i'm getting from ffmepg compared to Dr. DivX so I don't think this solution is up to "standard".

The solution I have in mind will be easily adaptable to transcode to DivX/XVid or and of the Ms formats for portable devices. From an STV standpoint you'll be able to select bitrates, and encoding format and a backend process will take over and do the transcodes.

Actually, not true. All the weather files are included in the 3 zip files and the default configurations will work out of the ZIP unless you change them.

But for some reason I did install fresh Sage and then 3 zips that I found on the first page and my web weather option did not work, I will try again.

But anyway I did use 16C version then I did move to 16D and I cannot change channels... Lets say I want to switch to channel 556 and I only can switch to channel 5. This is only in Version 16D, I moved back to 16C and its working again. Just wanted to let you know if no one reported it yet.

Chris
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysek

But for some reason I did install fresh Sage and then 3 zips that I found on the first page and my web weather option did not work, I will try again.

Chris
I just went through this with v15. If you install a new Java version, which I had done, you have to install the contents of the JavaR1.zip file in your new Java directory. In my case, this was in C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\lib\ext .

Terry

Case Lian Li PC-A71F, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, CPU Intel Core i7-860, RAM 8 GB, Encoders 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250's, VideoCard PowerCooler AX4350, OS Windows 7 Pro, SageTV 6.6.2, SageTV Media Extender, SageTV Client, SageTV PlaceShifter, Sage Webserver.
Old 12-26-2004, 07:13 AM
Sage User

Im running 16D and ive just made some changes to the way my imported video files are arranged thus meaning some are in subdirectories now.

Oddly rather than now showing the number of movies etc on the system it only shows the number of subdirectories... is there a way round this?

Chris.
Old 12-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alig Proudblade
<snip>
Oddly rather than now showing the number of movies etc on the system it only shows the number of subdirectories... is there a way round this?

Chris.
I don't know what you mean?
Old 12-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Sage User

Since I put some movie files into subdirectories within the main imports directory, on the Video Library (Imported) menu it only lists the the number of subfolders for any of the folders include other folders.

i.e it has a sub directory called Movies which previously showed up nicely and listed say 16 movies.

Now ive added a directory within that containing two more movies rather than saying 18 movies it only says 2 movies......but if I go into Movies I see the previous 16 with the appropriate directory added.

I hope this helps explain. Its a little difficult to put into words.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alig Proudblade
Since I put some movie files into subdirectories within the main imports directory, on the Video Library (Imported) menu it only lists the the number of subfolders for any of the folders include other folders.

i.e it has a sub directory called Movies which previously showed up nicely and listed say 16 movies.

Now ive added a directory within that containing two more movies rather than saying 18 movies it only says 2 movies......but if I go into Movies I see the previous 16 with the appropriate directory added.

I hope this helps explain. Its a little difficult to put into words.
Now I understand what you're asking. To the best of my knowledge it is doing exactly what Frey intended. Subdirectories take priority over shows so you'll only see the number of sub-directories for this menu choice.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Sage User

Ah ok Thanks for the response.

I too look forward to being able to make a donation in lieu of the time you have put into this excellent project.

Chris.
Old 12-26-2004, 07:21 PM
Sage User

Cayar - link not working for file Cayars15.zip

All other links worked correctly. I tried to find the file elsewhere, but was unable to locate a copy. Can you help?
Old 12-27-2004, 12:40 AM
Sage User

Yep, cayars15.zip is gone and I can't seem to find it anywhere else

I guess i'll try out 16D!
Old 12-27-2004, 05:00 AM
Sage User

Alas, 16D gives horrid menu problems (bad bad visual errors!) and it won't tune channels properly

I'll hang un until tomorrow to finish restoring my system
Old 12-27-2004, 07:13 AM
Sage Icon

The tuning issue is fixed but what is the menu problem?
Old 12-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Sage Icon

Version 16 has been released. See the first message in the thread.

Please note that this release requires download of CoreFilesR2.zip and Cayars16.zip.

Happy Holidays!

Carlo
Old 12-27-2004, 08:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Version 16 has been released. See the first message in the thread. Carlo
Carlo, I did not have time yet to upgrade from 15D to 16, but curious if you got to fixing the batch file issue I had when burning to DVD? Or, did you even see a problem? Or, did you forget about it.

Thanks!

Phil
Old 12-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Sage Icon

I didn't forget about it. A made a couple of changes to the EXE and the cmd file that should take care of the issue.

If any major probelms pop up I'll release a patch for 16 or the DVDBurner app/files.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

Oh BTW, forgot to mention it earlier. I'll be releasing an upgrade to the DVDBurner application in a few days so I really like to know of any issue that people find with it in it's present form.

Carlo
Old 12-27-2004, 09:38 AM
Sage Icon

Yikes! Problems with IMDB Search

Carlo,

Just installed 16. Very nice job!

For the first time, I've tried IMDB seach on the details of a several shows.

It seems to wrok just fine, if you stay at the top level of the IMDB seach. In other words, don't drill down to see an actor's other films.

On my system (running Java _06) when you try to go back, the first time it will go back fine, but from then on, trying to go back to the previous menu (with left arrow or EXIT button) will scramble to screen. You can barely read a Java class error and "RETURN TO MAIN MENU" that is highlighted blue, but before you can try to press the OK button, it will return to the IMDB page it was on. If you try to go back again, it will lock Sage up.

It locks it up to the point you have to pull the power plug -- a CTL-ALT-DEL won't respond at all, the mouse disappears.

I've repeated this trhee times before writing this up. Don't know if it's a _06 java thing or what.

If you need any more info to help track this down, please let me know. I am running Sage 2.2.2 beta.

Stacy