SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I didn't forget about it. A made a couple of changes to the EXE and the cmd file that should take care of the issue..
Very cool. When I return home tonight after work I will be sure to upgrade and I will then post results. Good I am sure

Thanks again.

Phil
Old 12-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi:

does the dvd burner routines recognize UNC paths for recorded files or local only?
Old 12-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Carlo,

Just installed 16. Very nice job!

For the first time, I've tried IMDB seach on the details of a several shows.

It seems to wrok just fine, if you stay at the top level of the IMDB seach. In other words, don't drill down to see an actor's other films.

On my system (running Java _06) when you try to go back, the first time it will go back fine, but from then on, trying to go back to the previous menu (with left arrow or EXIT button) will scramble to screen. You can barely read a Java class error and "RETURN TO MAIN MENU" that is highlighted blue, but before you can try to press the OK button, it will return to the IMDB page it was on. If you try to go back again, it will lock Sage up.

It locks it up to the point you have to pull the power plug -- a CTL-ALT-DEL won't respond at all, the mouse disappears.

I've repeated this trhee times before writing this up. Don't know if it's a _06 java thing or what.

If you need any more info to help track this down, please let me know. I am running Sage 2.2.2 beta.

Stacy
I get the same thing when I try to force my tvguide to refresh, I goto channel setup, but can never return from it.

It will not go back, evry time I try to go back it just wont let me, and it reloads the data from xmltv over and over again whenever i try to click "done" or back.
this happend in 16D also, sorry I did not report it then.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Sage User

Cant get DVD burner to work

Can someone help me with the DVD burner by giving a step by step approach in preparation for a burn. Does the DVD burner support UNC paths, ISO, etc. How do I get recorded TV programs into the right directory or folder for the burn. What must I change in the external setup?

Thanks
Old 12-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio
Hi:

does the dvd burner routines recognize UNC paths for recorded files or local only?
Yes
Old 12-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddarr
Can someone help me with the DVD burner by giving a step by step approach in preparation for a burn. Does the DVD burner support UNC paths, ISO, etc. How do I get recorded TV programs into the right directory or folder for the burn. What must I change in the external setup?

Thanks
It can create an ISO or create a DVD disc which is configurable in detailed setup. There is no directory you copy files to. What you do is go into TV Recordings, Archived Recordings or Imported Videos and bring up the detailed screen for the show you wish to add to the DVD. Then select "Add to DVD List". Do this for each show you want on the same DVD.

Then select "Show DVD List" from any detailed list or "Burn a DVD" from the Applications submenu. From here it's simple. Just select the burn list you want to use (you can create multiple) form the right pane and then "Burn DVD" from the menu and it will start the process.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Sage User

I followed all of your steps and still get the error: DVDburner.exe application failed to initialize properly (oxc0000135). Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Old 12-27-2004, 05:03 PM
Sage User

The final release fixed the menu problems for me Looks like this one is fine
Old 12-27-2004, 05:11 PM
Sage User

I have the latest release Cayars16 along with Sage 2.2.2, but still get the DVD burner.exe error. Anything else to consider?
Old 12-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to dmidtbo
ISO DVD Images not mounting

I added ,.iso,.ISO to the allowable extensions (through the GUI) and it now shows my DVD .iso images in my imported videos area.

However, when I try to play an ISO, it doesn't mount the drive. I have the required virtual cd software installed and it works from the command line using the same command as drive mounting batch file. I tested the bat by repalcing the %1 with a <dvdname>.iso and it worked manually. So I guess it's not calling the mounting batch file when I try to play an ISO. Any idea why? Is there something else I need to configure?

BTW, great job with the STV! I love it! Also, I think the thread topic needs to be updated to show that 16 is the newest release.

I'm running...
2.2.2 Sage
Cayars 16
Old 12-27-2004, 07:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Now I'm really getting excited! I love Cayars STV, but I've been waiting for the DVD burning feature.

Issues with DVD burning in Cayars16 on Sage 2.2.2:

- I haven't yet been successful in getting a burn to work, with or without use of VideoReDo. I can get it to create an ISO, but it stops without burning to the DVD even if I set it to 'burn'. I have the drive letter correctly set to the DVD drive. I'm still experimenting to see if I'm doing something wrong, but so far no dice.

- I'm seeing a different burn problem on my SageClient system. DVDBurner.exe hangs at the compression step, eating up 100% of the CPU cycles but never completing. I have to kill the process to get out. I can't even get it to create an ISO successfully on my SageClient system.

- In the "Video Library (TV Recordings)" screen with Recording Detail shown, the "Add to DVD List" is not shown even if it is Enabled in Setup. The only way that I can get it to show up is by disabling the add/show/clear Playlist items. Apparently, the scroll down feature is not working at the bottom of this Recording Detail screen, so there's no way to view items that are off the bottom of the list. This seems to work correctly in the "Video Library (Archived)" screen, however.

Minor issues for this initial release, but maybe can be looked at later:

- I can't change to DVD working directory path to anything higher than E:, even if I have multiple drive partitions and want/need to set it to a higher drive letter. In 'browse' mode, it only sees A: through E: for some reason. I ran into this on my SageClient system -- my dedicated PVR has only two partitions (system and data) and wouldn't see this issue.

- When DVDburner.exe is running, it forces full screen and takes over the desktop. I'd prefer it to run in the SageTV window unless SageTV is in full screen mode.

- I'd like to be able to delete individual items from the DVD list. If I have three items on the list but want to change/delete one of them, I have to delete the entire list and start over.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder
Old 12-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsouthard
- I haven't yet been successful in getting a burn to work, with or without use of VideoReDo. I can get it to create an ISO, but it stops without burning to the DVD even if I set it to 'burn'. I have the drive letter correctly set to the DVD drive. I'm still experimenting to see if I'm doing something wrong, but so far no dice.

<snip>

- I can't change to DVD working directory path to anything higher than E:, even if I have multiple drive partitions and want/need to set it to a higher drive letter. In 'browse' mode, it only sees A: through E: for some reason. I ran into this on my SageClient system -- my dedicated PVR has only two partitions (system and data) and wouldn't see this issue.
As an afterthought, could these two issues be related? I have my DVD drive set to M: so that it doesn't change as I add/delete drives or partitions. Is it possible that DVDburner.exe can only burn to a drive set to letter E: or lower?

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder
Old 12-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Is it possible that DVDburner.exe can only burn to a drive set to letter E: or lower?
I am burning on drive Y: - its OK.

Phil
Old 12-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmidtbo
I added ,.iso,.ISO to the allowable extensions (through the GUI) and it now shows my DVD .iso images in my imported videos area.

However, when I try to play an ISO, it doesn't mount the drive. I have the required virtual cd software installed and it works from the command line using the same command as drive mounting batch file. I tested the bat by repalcing the %1 with a <dvdname>.iso and it worked manually. So I guess it's not calling the mounting batch file when I try to play an ISO. Any idea why? Is there something else I need to configure?

BTW, great job with the STV! I love it! Also, I think the thread topic needs to be updated to show that 16 is the newest release.

I'm running...
2.2.2 Sage
Cayars 16
Out of curiousity is the extension ".ISO" or ".iso". I believe it presently will only work with lower case name extensions.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddarr
I followed all of your steps and still get the error: DVDburner.exe application failed to initialize properly (oxc0000135). Any other suggestions?

Thanks
None that I can think of off the top of my head. Now that I've got it working and know what programs are being used I'm going to be releasing another version in a couple of days that will have error trapping and debug info in it to help track down problems like this.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Now I'm really getting excited! I love Cayars STV, but I've been waiting for the DVD burning feature.
<snip>

Minor issues for this initial release, but maybe can be looked at later:

I've got mine set to "F:\DVDTemp" so I know it can go higher then E:. There isn't anything in the code that would stop it. The code is pretty much the same code used in setting up your video libraries. Just for kicks (testing) can you try and change or add a new video directory (kill it afterward) and see if you can access drives higher then E there.
Quote:
- When DVDburner.exe is running, it forces full screen and takes over the desktop. I'd prefer it to run in the SageTV window unless SageTV is in full screen mode.
This was pretty much done on purpose. It doesn't run inside of SageTV and other problems did arise. The easy fix was to have it sleep sage, fire up the DVDBurner and then when it's complete to un-sleep sage. I don't see this changing anytime soon.
Quote:
- I'd like to be able to delete individual items from the DVD list. If I have three items on the list but want to change/delete one of them, I have to delete the entire list and start over.
You can do this already. The functionality of the DVD lists works exactly like a music playlist or the video playlists I added. If you don't know how they work refer to the SageTV manual for music playlists and you'll understand how the DVD "play" list works too. You can move items, delete items, add items, rename the lists, etc...
Old 12-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
I am burning on drive Y: - its OK.

Phil
I know you previously had an issue.
Are you now able to burn discs?
Old 12-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to dmidtbo
All fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Out of curiousity is the extension ".ISO" or ".iso". I believe it presently will only work with lower case name extensions.
That was it! I needed to rip to lowercase ".iso" to make it work. Thanks!

Tomorrow I'll try DVD burning.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Sage Icon

@ Cayars

Hey there.
I hate to be a bother. But I can not get around this problem I am having. I want to have PowerDVD play all my recordings and import videos on my client PCs, I don't care if it has to play everything including music. Is this somehow possible with your STV? I have read through this entire thread and can only find things regarding external players for DVD playback. Nothing about other video files. I hope this is possible and would appreciate any help you could give me on the subject.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:15 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, you can do this in version 16. After installing it go to Detailed Setup->External and you'll see setting to enable/disable external players for Music, Video and DVD. In the next version you should be able to select media types played by the external players so built in types could be played by the internal SageTV media players and external types like (WMV, WMA, nero) could be played through the external players.

Right now it's an all or nothing setting but does work.