SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Sage Icon

Next version as in "17"? or next release of 16?

Also you were going to post some info for donations?

P.S. You are the Mother ^^%&*ing MAN!!!
Old 12-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Sage Icon

I have setup 16 and it looks great. I have it setup to open up an external video player, however it is opening up WMP. How do I get it to open PowerDVD instead.

Quote:
Added "External Video Player" Option to Detailed Setup->External Setup. (calls VideoPlayer.cmd)
Where would I change this? Is it somewhere in the Cayars-menu.xml?
Old 12-27-2004, 11:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsouthard
Now I'm really getting excited! I love Cayars STV, but I've been waiting for the DVD burning feature.

Issues with DVD burning in Cayars16 on Sage 2.2.2:

- I haven't yet been successful in getting a burn to work, with or without use of VideoReDo. I can get it to create an ISO, but it stops without burning to the DVD even if I set it to 'burn'. I have the drive letter correctly set to the DVD drive. I'm still experimenting to see if I'm doing something wrong, but so far no dice.
Carlo, thanks for the help on the issues that I was seeing. I haven't used any of the Music/Picture Library features, so I was a little confused on how the DVD list was set up. I think I got it now.

No matter what I try, I still can't get a DVD burn to work. Trying what I thought was the simplest/cleanest test, I used MPGTX for DeMux, disabled commercial cutting, disabled compression, enabled debug windows, and set the burn mode to 'burn'. I then tried to burn one 30-minute show (1.2GB mpeg). Everything runs fine until the completion of the "Building ISO DVD File" section, when the debug window closes, the DVDburner.exe screen closes, and SageTV wakes back up (all nearly instantly). The burn never happens, but I get no error indication at all.

The ISO file is in the working directory, however, and I can successfully burn it to DVD manually using DVD Decrypter in ISO Write mode, or using Nero or another program. I've tried different combinations of these settings, always with the same result.

It's acting as if I have the Burn Mode set to ISO, even though I have it set on BURN. Or maybe that the wrong parameters are getting passed to dvdburn.cmd.

What is the DVD Burner setting for Registration Key, which is currently set to TRIAL? I've been trying to follow all of the messages in this thread, but did I miss something about enabling DVD burning? Is there something else I need to do, or some other external program other than DVD Decrypter that I need to install separately, to get DVD burning to work?

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder

Last edited by jgsouthard; 12-27-2004 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Edited to note that I do have DVD Decrypter installed.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I know you previously had an issue.
Are you now able to burn discs?
No, same problem. It creates the dvd.iso just fine but never even calls the dvdburn.cmd at all. Its the issue 'jgsouthard' is talking about just above this thread. Seems we are sharing the same problem in common.

I was running short on time so I only fired it up once before I went to bed. This morning I saw the ISO but the DVD was still blank. Even if the cmd file ran with problems related to parameters dvddecrypter would still be on the screen with a error I think.

Phil

Last edited by pciccone; 12-28-2004 at 06:15 AM.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I have setup 16 and it looks great. I have it setup to open up an external video player, however it is opening up WMP. How do I get it to open PowerDVD instead.

Where would I change this? Is it somewhere in the Cayars-menu.xml?
Look in SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\Cayars\External and you'll find this file. It is a simple command file that you can edit to call any external player of choic and be able to control the parameters used.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
No, same problem. It creates the dvd.iso just fine but never even calls the dvdburn.cmd at all. Its the issue 'jgsouthard' is talking about just above this thread. Seems we are sharing the same problem in common.

I was running short on time so I only fired it up once before I went to bed. This morning I saw the ISO but the DVD was still blank. Even if the cmd file ran with problems related to parameters dvddecrypter would still be on the screen with a error I think.

Phil
I don't think either of you are doing anything wrong at all. I still haven't tried to actually test the burning feature as I don't have any blank discs. I'll make a run to staples and pick some up today and get this resolved tonight. It's got to be something simple.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddarr
I have the latest release Cayars16 along with Sage 2.2.2, but still get the DVD burner.exe error. Anything else to consider?
Are you trying to run DVDBurner.exe your self? It's not meant to be called directly and will certainly error out just as you descibed if it's not run from within SageTV.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
I don't think either of you are doing anything wrong at all. I still haven't tried to actually test the burning feature as I don't have any blank discs. I'll make a run to staples and pick some up today and get this resolved tonight. It's got to be something simple.
Yeah, I am sure it is

You dont even need to waste time on blank disks. Just seeing dvddecryptor try to load is enough to prove it working.

In our cases it does not even try to start the batch file (and program). So in your case, even if you see it load and error out it would prove the batch file started.

Phil
Old 12-28-2004, 08:13 AM
Sage Icon

Try extracting this file into the STVs/Cayars/External/DVDBurner directory and let me know what happens.

This should at least run DVDDecrypter for the Burn.

Attachment removed.

Last edited by Cayars; 12-28-2004 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:18 AM
Sage Icon

Carlo,

Any chance to look into the IMDB problems I reported?

There's been so many messages about DVD Burning that I fear the message got lost in the shuffle. Another user also confirmed they are having lockups too.

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...postcount=1660

Stacy
Old 12-28-2004, 08:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Try extracting this file into the STVs/Cayars/External/DVDBurner directory and let me know what happens.

OK will do. I cannot try till tonight (at work). Will this still call the batch file, or is it calling the EXE direct now?

Side note: I am also having other issues with SageTV (which surfaced when I shutdown to install version 16) I need to work out. Service is "locking up" on load; If running in client mode it locks up shortly after load. I need to check the usual stuff to try to fix it, restored backups of my known working versions of sagetv directory and earlier wiz.bin and it did not fix it, I need to check for a bad or zero byte mpg when I get home I HOPE this is the problem and its nothing more serious. I will let you know right after I fix that. By then, maybe someone else will have tried it as well.

Thanks!

Phil
Old 12-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Sage Icon

folder.jpg no longer working

For some reason my folder.jpg files no longer show up in the videos listing, but only for DVDs. The folder.jpg works fine for .mpg files but will not show anything for DVD.

Any ideas?
Old 12-28-2004, 08:40 AM
Sage Icon

Thanx Cayars. That was easy to edit...

However, I am unable to get the player to open the file. I have tried PowerDVD, ShowTime & WMP10. WMP gives me a network connection error, PowerDVD opens the open media dialog box and plays nothing, Showtime says disc not ready. This is on a client machine. Is it because I need to use UNC paths on the server for Import Videos? SageClient seems to be getting the info from the server so I should not need to do anything special on client. Is this right? Or am I way off?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it... I just did the UNC wrong on my first attempt.

Last edited by dvd_maniac; 12-28-2004 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

This worked, based on one quick test. Thanks.

From the DBDBurner screen, it looked like the "Building ISO DVD File" section appeared twice. This could be just a display/cosmetic issue.

I used a DVD-RW that had data on it from my previous testing, and DVD Decrypter popped up a dialog box that I had to manually answer, telling it to erase the disc before burning. This is a minor issue, but it would be nice if this were non-interactive. If there was an option for this in the DVD Burner settings, you could select whether to 1) silently erase DVD-RW before burning, 2) ask, or 3) end without burning. My desire/preference would be for a default of silently erasing any data on a DVD-RW disc.

In the interim, maybe this is a DVD Decrypter command line option that I can add to dvdburn.cmd. I'll look into this later today when I have a chance.

Old 12-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This worked, based on one quick test. Thanks.

From the DBDBurner screen, it looked like the "Building ISO DVD File" section appeared twice. This could be just a display/cosmetic issue.

I used a DVD-RW that had data on it from my previous testing, and DVD Decrypter popped up a dialog box that I had to manually answer, telling it to erase the disc before burning. This is a minor issue, but it would be nice if this were non-interactive. If there was an option for this in the DVD Burner settings, you could select whether to 1) silently erase DVD-RW before burning, 2) ask, or 3) end without burning. My desire/preference would be for a default of silently erasing any data on a DVD-RW disc.

In the interim, maybe this is a DVD Decrypter command line option that I can add to dvdburn.cmd. I'll look into this later today when I have a chance.
I think it might be configurable to do just that but I'm not 100% sure. BTW, yes it was outputting "Building ISO DVD File" twice. I fixed this too. Here's a new version with the proper wording.

Extract this file into the STVs/Cayars/External/DVDBurner directory.
File removed since it's been upgraded.

Last edited by Cayars; 01-03-2005 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Thanx Cayars. That was easy to edit...

However, I am unable to get the player to open the file. I have tried PowerDVD, ShowTime & WMP10. WMP gives me a network connection error, PowerDVD opens the open media dialog box and plays nothing, Showtime says disc not ready. This is on a client machine. Is it because I need to use UNC paths on the server for Import Videos? SageClient seems to be getting the info from the server so I should not need to do anything special on client. Is this right? Or am I way off?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it... I just did the UNC wrong on my first attempt.
COOL, how's it working for you?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Sage Icon

I can get it to work in WMP and Showtime, but not PowerDVD (Figures as this is the program I prefer), Showtime gives a little better playback quality with it's own AVC encoded files but no remote works with it, WMP plays back a little bit jerky. PowerDVD would be perfect, but it is still opening the open media file dialog box.

I can't get the file to open unless I use UNC. But PowerDVD seems to have no access over the network and will not use UNC's. The open dialog box gives no network places access.

I can open a path to the file over the network and it will play it though. Just not through Sage...Hmmm... I'm stuck on this one.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Winamp

Cayars,
Excellent STV as always and getting better. Any ideas on command line to have Winamp play the selected file(s)? I can open Winamp as external player but it does not do anything.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I think it might be configurable to do just that but I'm not 100% sure. BTW, yes it was outputting "Building ISO DVD File" twice. I fixed this too. Here's a new version with the proper wording.

Extract this file into the STVs/Cayars/External/DVDBurner directory.
That did the trick. It now shows "Building ISO DVD File" followed by "Writing to DISC."

I'm only able to get DVD Burning to work using MPGTX for DeMux. If I attempt to use VideoReDo for DeMux (with or without Commercial Cutting enabled), it seems to run DeMux/Cut OK but then speeds through all of the remaining steps in a few seconds. The resulting ISO file and burn are incomplete and corrupted. The ISO file is smaller than it should be (in my test, about 850MB rather than 1.2GB), and it can't be read/mounted by 3rd party tools (for example, DVD Shrink gives an error and says "Invalid DVD Navigation Structure"). The Audio/Video_TS directories are created on the DVD disc, but both are empty.

Old 12-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That did the trick. It now shows "Building ISO DVD File" followed by "Writing to DISC."

I'm only able to get DVD Burning to work using MPGTX for DeMux. If I attempt to use VideoReDo for DeMux (with or without Commercial Cutting enabled), it seems to run DeMux/Cut OK but then speeds through all of the remaining steps in a few seconds. The resulting ISO file and burn are incomplete and corrupted. The ISO file is smaller than it should be (in my test, about 850MB rather than 1.2GB), and it can't be read/mounted by 3rd party tools (for example, DVD Shrink gives an error and says "Invalid DVD Navigation Structure"). The Audio/Video_TS directories are created on the DVD disc, but both are empty.
What version of VideoReDo do you have installed? I only tested with version 1.7.0.302 dated Dec 19th.