SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Sage Expert

I have an issue that's caused me to accidentally delete shows that are grouped into folders. I use the Malore three-pane recordings view. It used to be that when you exited the show detail screen or hit the back button when viewing the show, that show remained selected/highligted. A few versions back that switched to defaulting to the first show in the folder. Is there a reason for this? I've deleted the wrong episode lots of times because of this. Thanks.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 12-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Sage User

Release 16 Mini Guide issue

I am having a problem with the Mini Guide in final release 16. When pressing enter in the mini guide it doesn't change the channel. It worked in the test release 16C.

Also would it be possible to make the Mini Guide start at the channel that your currently watching?
Old 12-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demideus
Does a Hauppauge PVR-350 scart connection instead of a Video Card count?
Umm, no

Actually I should have elaborated more on why I was asking. It's possible for me to add some additional detailed setup configuration choices in the STV to configure the STV for better use with the MVP player.

I could also have it add the java classes needed for changing the OSD output to the MVP player and back again to the normal video card. And of course the needed files could be made available as a seperate download or part of the corefiles.zip.

Besides the STV configuration changes it would help simplify the already simple installation Matt has provided.

Carlo

PS Matt's MVP code and this STV do make quite the powerful combo! With the price of the MVP players being as low as they are it really is a better choice for most people then upgrading a video card. Simpler to get going too.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Sage User

Carlo:

My whole Sage TV installation blew up today. Not sure what happened, possibly another unrelated software installation stepped on something or configuration files got otherwise corrupted.

So, I'm doing a complete fresh install. I noticed today that there is a beta release of Sage - v2.2.2. Is the most recent release of your product compatible with the beta?

By the way, one of the problems I was having (blown up install) is that Sage could not find any codecs (error 10 from Sage) and would not play any live programming. Also, although my favorites were still recognizable, there is nothing in my future recordings list even though there are plenty of things to be recorded. Any ideas?
Old 12-29-2004, 01:27 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, I'd recommend running it with 2.2.2 as has been mentioned previously.

Yea, without SageTV finding the codecs things aren't going to work to well. Save a copy of your WIZ.BIN file and try putting this back after you get sage working again. There's a good chance everything will starting working correctly again.

I periodically make a backup copy of my SageTV directory just in case something like this happens. I tend to play on my systems a lot and have an issue similar to what you describe 3 or 4 times a year and this has saved me numerious times in the past.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Sage User

Thanks Carlo ... I didn't mean to 'hijack' the thread for my own issue ... but though you might have a quick answer. What is stored in the wiz.bin file? I have already installed 2.22 on top of my existing install and about to install your latest STV build on top of that ... my fingers are crossed!

Oh, should I now configure Sage to use the internal codec that has been included in Sage 2.2?

Thanks again!
David

P.S. - any chance you are going to be at CES in Vegas next week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars

Yea, without SageTV finding the codecs things aren't going to work to well. Save a copy of your WIZ.BIN file and try putting this back after you get sage working again. There's a good chance everything will starting working correctly again.

I periodically make a backup copy of my SageTV directory just in case something like this happens. I tend to play on my systems a lot and have an issue similar to what you describe 3 or 4 times a year and this has saved me numerious times in the past.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Sage Icon

I do, on 3 Media MVPs.

Jason Bottjen

Quote:
How many of you guys are using my STV with a Hauppauge MVP player instead of a Video Card?
Old 12-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Sage User

Carlo:

All is good now. I've upgraded to 2.2.2 beta and running your latest STV (hadn't upgraded in a couple of versions). All is running well again.

Can I use your STV on a Sage Client? I'm now getting clients up and running on a couple of PCs on my home network.

Regards,
David

Quote:

Old 12-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinyD
Carlo:

All is good now. I've upgraded to 2.2.2 beta and running your latest STV (hadn't upgraded in a couple of versions). All is running well again.

Can I use your STV on a Sage Client? I'm now getting clients up and running on a couple of PCs on my home network.

Regards,
David
Sorry, was out for the day. Yep works good on clients.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
I do, on 3 Media MVPs.

Jason Bottjen
Anything off the top of your head you could think of that could be done differently in the STV to accomodate the MVP player even better?
Old 12-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra
I use the DivX Player since I mapped out the commands in Girder some time ago.
Does this launch in full screen mode?
Old 12-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Sage User

Cayars,
HELP> I just loaded your 16. (I first loaded 2.2.2). Now when I select your stv I get the menus layering on top of each other... some opaque and some partially transparent. Any ideas what to do here?
Old 12-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Sage Icon

Make your way through setup and select a background. It's a lack of background that's probably causing your issue.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Sage User

a background.... what a concept. Thanks.

Nice that you can look out for pilot error so well (and long distance).
Thanks again
Old 12-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Cayars,
Good work on this stv, your version 16 and 2.2.2 seem to have resolved the freezing problems I was having at the end of programs with my pvr 350.

A couple of things I noticed that may be bugs, or related to the new feature where the stop button returns you to the recordings menu. I had previously edited my Irremote.ini file to map the "Hauppauge Go" button to "SageTV Recordings" via SendMessage.exe using Event code 86. Until version 16 I could press my go button to return to the "SageTV Recordings" menu and the last highlighted program while a recording or live tv was still playing. I could then browse to a different recording with the video in the background and start playing a different selection. With 16 my go button (event code 86) does nothing while viewing a recording or watching live tv unless you are already in a menu. Now I have to hit the "Menu" and then "Go" to get back to the recordings menu. Alternatively I can hit "Stop" but then if I hit play again it goes back to the begining of the recording.

Also if you hit stop while watching a recording and then press the back button it takes you to the main menu instead of the media libraries menu.

Another thing that might be nice is if the mini guide would browse the recordings menu if you are watching a recording, browse the tv guide when watching live tv, browse archived shows while watching an archived show, media libraries etc.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Sage Icon

@ Cayars

Quote:
For PowerDVD the command line should be something like:
"C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe" %1

That works on my system but didn't start it in full screen as I'm sure another parameter is needed to tell it to run full screen. But it did launch PowerDVD with that setting and work.:
Just wanted to let you know that I got it to open full screen. Just go into the configuration of PowerDVD and on the video tab it is a checkbox
Run Fullscreen. Although I am running in ATI's Theatre Mode, so everything video opens up fullscreen on tv anyways.

This is awesome. I can't wait til you implement individual players for different extensions. Well, I guess I can (And have to) wait....

Dude, you deserve a Knighthood for all your hard work. But I'd settle for just donating a little to yah. Do you have a PayPal account?

You just have no idea how much this has been bothering me. My wife yelling "I Told You it Wouldn't Work Right!!!" It's nice to have it working right thanx to you.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanzee
A couple of things I noticed that may be bugs, or related to the new feature where the stop button returns you to the recordings menu. I had previously edited my Irremote.ini file to map the "Hauppauge Go" button to "SageTV Recordings" via SendMessage.exe using Event code 86. Until version 16 I could press my go button to return to the "SageTV Recordings" menu and the last highlighted program while a recording or live tv was still playing. I could then browse to a different recording with the video in the background and start playing a different selection. With 16 my go button (event code 86) does nothing while viewing a recording or watching live tv unless you are already in a menu. Now I have to hit the "Menu" and then "Go" to get back to the recordings menu. Alternatively I can hit "Stop" but then if I hit play again it goes back to the begining of the recording.
I too have noticed that quite a few buttons don't work when on the mediaplayer osd. Another thing I noticed that it is nice now that when I hit stop it brings me back to my recordings however it always brings me back to my Sage Recordings shortcut even when I've played something from my Imported Videos. The code that was used for when a file finished playing back should be used instead I think since that worked fine.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I too have noticed that quite a few buttons don't work when on the mediaplayer osd. Another thing I noticed that it is nice now that when I hit stop it brings me back to my recordings however it always brings me back to my Sage Recordings shortcut even when I've played something from my Imported Videos. The code that was used for when a file finished playing back should be used instead I think since that worked fine.
It's the same code. It exit's to your designated recording shortcut.

If you guys could let me know what buttons aren't working I'll take a look at them.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
If you guys could let me know what buttons aren't working I'll take a look at them.
I have a button mapped to my "designated recording shortcut" (I think), but it doesnt work while watching a recording or live tv, only while in a menu. See my original post #1735 this thread.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
@ Cayars
Just wanted to let you know that I got it to open full screen. Just go into the configuration of PowerDVD and on the video tab it is a checkbox
Run Fullscreen. Although I am running in ATI's Theatre Mode, so everything video opens up fullscreen on tv anyways.
I forgot you can do that in PowerDVD. It's been a while since I've used it as I usually use WinDVD when not playing back via SageTV.

Any chance you could check to see if it has a full screen command line switch and also does it support playing mulitple files sequentially if passed on the command line (playlists)?

Quote:
This is awesome. I can't wait til you implement individual players for different extensions. Well, I guess I can (And have to) wait....
Well it's not individual players. I've already implemented it for the next release. It's the same as it is now with a twist. I now default the external video and external music players to ENABLED by default. I've also added a new setup option called "Use External Players for Non-Native File Types Only" which is also ENABLED by default.

What this will do by default is use SageTV to play all known types and use the external player for any unknown files types. The known SageTV types are:
MUSIC: wav, mp3
VIDEO: mpg,mpeg,mp2,mpeg2,mpe,avi,divx,mpg1,ts

You'll also be able to DISABLE "Use External Players for Non-Native File Types Only" and it will use the external players for all media types.

You can add additional Music types to the "seeker/music_library_import_filename_extensions" and add additional Video types to "seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions" property settings.
Quote:
Dude, you deserve a Knighthood for all your hard work. But I'd settle for just donating a little to yah. Do you have a PayPal account?
Hmm, Sir. Carlo
Yep, I've got a paypal account and I'll give it out maybe tomorrow or the next day along with a patch release.
Quote:
You just have no idea how much this has been bothering me. My wife yelling "I Told You it Wouldn't Work Right!!!" It's nice to have it working right thanx to you.
"Stuffing" the wife! <pun intended>

It's always cool to do that. I've got so much stuff connected to my TVs/house/network it's not even funny. In the beginning was much grief from the wife. Now the only grief I get is when I make her watch "live" TV and she has to watch the commercials!

The 6 and 8 year old are the funniest. "Hey dad I think the TVs broken. I just saw a commercial and it didn't skip it".

It's always cool when the "toy" becomes so popular and you just want to shout "I told you so" but you know better.

Last edited by Cayars; 12-29-2004 at 10:19 PM.