SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:43 PM
Sage Icon

Carlo,

Just installed 16. Very nice job!

For the first time, I've tried IMDB seach on the details of a several shows.

It seems to wrok just fine, if you stay at the top level of the IMDB seach. In other words, don't drill down to see an actor's other films.

On my system (running Java _06) when you try to go back, the first time it will go back fine, but from then on, trying to go back to the previous menu (with left arrow or EXIT button) will scramble to screen. You can barely read a Java class error and "RETURN TO MAIN MENU" that is highlighted blue, but before you can try to press the OK button, it will return to the IMDB page it was on. If you try to go back again, it will lock Sage up.

It locks it up to the point you have to pull the power plug -- a CTL-ALT-DEL won't respond at all, the mouse disappears.

I've repeated this trhee times before writing this up. Don't know if it's a _06 java thing or what.

If you need any more info to help track this down, please let me know. I am running Sage 2.2.2 beta.

Also, is anyone having problems with ripped or disc DVDs freezing about 26:30 into the program. This consistently happens on three different PCs (one with Server and two with Clients). Not really a Cayars thing, but figured someone might know).

Stacy
Old 12-30-2004, 07:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkimmell
Basically it says that the program I am trying mark to record conflicts with the first show that I marked to record and it prompts me to record the first or second show.

I can remove the 1 min padding and it works fine but it is nice having the padding.
This sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to do. Remember the default padding is mainly used for Favorites and not manuals. Here you're setting up manual records and YOU are taking charge of things. So now YOU, not the computer need to deal with the conflicts.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhart
I am having a possibly related problem, I have sage set to pad 1 min before and 2 min after on all shows, and remove padding on back to back. I have 2 favorites that recorded a same channel, back to back, yesterday. The first 2 minutes of the second show were recorded as part of the first show, the time bar on the second show has a red (not recorded) section for the first two minutes. And of course when I watched the first two minutes of the second show at the end of the first recording I was not fast enough with the pause button and I got the "end of show blue screen and reboot" , Just my luck.

BTW, I love the STV, I don't know how I ever survived before it!!!!
Thanks for all your hard work.
I added this to my ToDo list to try and duplicate. These are the types of things that can drive me crazy if I can't duplicate the problem!

Your welcome.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Sage User

I noticed that the Live TV Guide displays the title of a series' episode such as The West Wing using the episode# (e.g. 0075-"Full Disclosure") however the filename the episode is saved under doesn't (e.g. TheWestWing-FullDisclosure-705273-0). Is there a setting somewhere to get the episode# added to the filename? If not, would it be possible to add this option? I'd like to see something like "TheWestWing-0075-FullDisclosure". Thanks.

Last edited by Francois Parent; 12-30-2004 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I can remove the 1 min padding and it works fine but it is nice having the padding.
I have never tried this, but when you select the manual recording, you can adjust the start and stop time. Can you set the manual recording to start 1 minute late, therefore removing the conflict?
Old 12-30-2004, 09:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois Parent
I noticed that the Live TV Guide displays the title of a series' episode such as The West Wing using the episode# (e.g. 0075-"Full Disclosure") however the filename the episode is saved under doesn't (e.g. TheWestWing-FullDisclosure-705273-0). Is there a setting somewhere to get the episode# added to the filename? If not, would it be possible to add this option? I'd like to see something like "TheWestWing-0075-FullDisclosure". Thanks.
I'd love to be able to do this and be able to control where the files are stored but anything to do with file names or locations is not available via studio.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Quote:
Basically it says that the program I am trying mark to record conflicts with the first show that I marked to record and it prompts me to record the first or second show.

This sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to do. Remember the default padding is mainly used for Favorites and not manuals. Here you're setting up manual records and YOU are taking charge of things. So now YOU, not the computer need to deal with the conflicts.
To add an addtional follow-up on this... that property to remove padding on back to back recordings on the same channel is for favorites. Manual Recordings don't get automatically adjusted by SageTV -- if you are making a Manual setting, it figures that those settings are really what you want.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Back from vacation late yesterday and decided to do some quick upgrades this morning before the boy is awake. I've spent my time getting to java v06, cayars v16, and split client/service on Sage v2.1.10. All went well.

Cayars issues, which I didn't see anywhere else:
- STILL can't figure out the matte transparency. Tried everything. Blue on the background. Used to work on v2.0.20/Nielm, and don't remember if I ever got it to work on v2.1.10/Cayars.
- Lost the CTRL-T (Sage recordings) functionality while watching TV/recordings. It seems to work in the main menu, but not while watching TV.
- Strange listings / corruption. I recorded 12 episodes of "Boiling points" on MTV during my vacation. I think all listed right in v15, but after upgrading to v16, it split them into 6 listed eps, and 6 "blank" eps. By blank, I mean there is a placeholder for the actual episodes which show when selected, but no title/ep information for any of the blank ones.

SageTV issues (maybe fixable in Cayars?):
- Total recorded time is by TV schedule, ignoring padding. I'm watching my Cal Bears game from last night (tied 7-7, 1st, Go Bears!), and realize that it only shows 3:30 (the scheduled time) on the time bar. I padded it for 1.5 additional hours, and it doesn't show that part on the time bar. As a result, I can't scan to any point beyond the original 3:30 time frame.

Comments:
- Great stuff on v16 from what I've seen so far.
- Menu organization looks great. Better organization w/ each release.
- I like the 1-line time-shift bar during playback FF/RW. Nice touch.

Oh well, Cal just scored again to 14-7, so going to focus on USING SageTV instead of just customizing it. Thanks again, Cayars!
Old 12-31-2004, 11:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
Back from vacation late yesterday and decided to do some quick upgrades this morning before the boy is awake. I've spent my time getting to java v06, cayars v16, and split client/service on Sage v2.1.10. All went well.

Cayars issues, which I didn't see anywhere else:
- STILL can't figure out the matte transparency. Tried everything. Blue on the background. Used to work on v2.0.20/Nielm, and don't remember if I ever got it to work on v2.1.10/Cayars.
This is the setting you should need to get semi-transparent overlays to work.
Detailed Setup->Video->Video Rederer->Overlay
Detailed Setup->Advanced->3D Acceleration->Enabled
Detailed Setup->Overlay Color Keying->Enabled
Detailed Setup->Inerface->OSD Options->Semi-Transparent Overlays->Enabled
Quote:
- Lost the CTRL-T (Sage recordings) functionality while watching TV/recordings. It seems to work in the main menu, but not while watching TV.
I foo-bared them in 16. It will be fixed in the next release
Quote:
- Strange listings / corruption. I recorded 12 episodes of "Boiling points" on MTV during my vacation. I think all listed right in v15, but after upgrading to v16, it split them into 6 listed eps, and 6 "blank" eps. By blank, I mean there is a placeholder for the actual episodes which show when selected, but no title/ep information for any of the blank ones.

SageTV issues (maybe fixable in Cayars?):
- Total recorded time is by TV schedule, ignoring padding. I'm watching my Cal Bears game from last night (tied 7-7, 1st, Go Bears!), and realize that it only shows 3:30 (the scheduled time) on the time bar. I padded it for 1.5 additional hours, and it doesn't show that part on the time bar. As a result, I can't scan to any point beyond the original 3:30 time frame.
Not an STV issue. I've seen the same issues using the originalV2 stv and I've put in a bug report. I'd suggest you do the same.
Quote:
Comments:
- Great stuff on v16 from what I've seen so far.
- Menu organization looks great. Better organization w/ each release.
- I like the 1-line time-shift bar during playback FF/RW. Nice touch.

Oh well, Cal just scored again to 14-7, so going to focus on USING SageTV instead of just customizing it. Thanks again, Cayars!
Thanks,
Carlo
Old 12-31-2004, 11:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I foo-bared them in 16.
IIRC the correct spelling is fubar not foobar.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:03 PM
Sage Icon

Yea, that looks a little better.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Carlo,

Just installed 16. Very nice job!

For the first time, I've tried IMDB seach on the details of a several shows.

It seems to wrok just fine, if you stay at the top level of the IMDB seach. In other words, don't drill down to see an actor's other films.

On my system (running Java _06) when you try to go back, the first time it will go back fine, but from then on, trying to go back to the previous menu (with left arrow or EXIT button) will scramble to screen. You can barely read a Java class error and "RETURN TO MAIN MENU" that is highlighted blue, but before you can try to press the OK button, it will return to the IMDB page it was on. If you try to go back again, it will lock Sage up.

It locks it up to the point you have to pull the power plug -- a CTL-ALT-DEL won't respond at all, the mouse disappears.

I've repeated this trhee times before writing this up. Don't know if it's a _06 java thing or what.

If you need any more info to help track this down, please let me know. I am running Sage 2.2.2 beta.

Also, is anyone having problems with ripped or disc DVDs freezing about 26:30 into the program. This consistently happens on three different PCs (one with Server and two with Clients). Not really a Cayars thing, but figured someone might know).

Stacy
No idea about the DVD thing except for the test I mentioned in the PM I sent you. The IMDB stuff is on my ToDo list to check out but it seems to be working just fine on my systems. I'm running 06 java but I always uninstall the previous versions before installing a new version since I've had issues when I didn't do that.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
I get the same thing when I try to force my tvguide to refresh, I goto channel setup, but can never return from it.

It will not go back, evry time I try to go back it just wont let me, and it reloads the data from xmltv over and over again whenever i try to click "done" or back.
this happend in 16D also, sorry I did not report it then.
On the TODO list to look into.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
For some reason my folder.jpg files no longer show up in the videos listing, but only for DVDs. The folder.jpg works fine for .mpg files but will not show anything for DVD.

Any ideas?
All of my DVDs are ripped in ISO format so I can't take a look at it for you but Appendix I of the manuals says it should be named "folder.jpg" and put in the VIDEO_TS folder.

If this doesn't work something else you could try is to create the graphic with "<DVDNAME>.jpg" and put it in the same directory where the root of the DVD is located. The <DVDNAME> would be exactly the same as the DVD directory name. This isn't documented anywhere but it might be worth a shot since this does work for the ISO files.

Also don't forget to refresh the media libraries after putting graphics in place.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois Parent
Edit the sage.properties file on the server to set the line "use_episodes_in_filenames=" to true and you'll get the episode names in the filename. For example, instead of CountdownWithKeithOlbermann-1226281-0.mpg, you'll get CountdownWithKeithOlbermann-CountdownsFavoriteThingsof2004-1253107-0.mpg.

Oops, should of read a little closer. I thought you were asking for both episode name and #. Episode #'s will have to come from a core change as Cayar's already said.

Last edited by sleonard; 12-31-2004 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

Yea, but you still don't get the episode number in it which is what he's asking for.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:47 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to LegolasX21E Send a message via Yahoo to LegolasX21E
I have never installed a STV as I am new to SageTV. So all I need to do is download the three files, and extract them to the specified directory?
Old 12-31-2004, 08:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok installed ver 16 a few nights ago, and I think my wife has found a few UI bugs:

1. If watching live TV, and hit the shortcut to the Recorded List nothing happens. Have to hit Stop and then the shortcut.

2. I have not been able to really figure out what the hell she is doing but somehow when she is in a "folder" of a show and deletes the second to last show in the folder and then tries to select the last show to watch it gives her an Error saying that the folder no longer exists. Or something of that nature, next time I see it I will right it done exactly. I personally have not been able to reproduce this one, but she has 3 times.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegolasX21E
I have never installed a STV as I am new to SageTV. So all I need to do is download the three files, and extract them to the specified directory?
Yes, then open Sage and go into setup and select Cayars STV. Exit Sage to save make sure selection saved, launch Sage again a play away!
Old 12-31-2004, 09:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1abrams
Ok installed ver 16 a few nights ago, and I think my wife has found a few UI bugs:

1. If watching live TV, and hit the shortcut to the Recorded List nothing happens. Have to hit Stop and then the shortcut.

2. I have not been able to really figure out what the hell she is doing but somehow when she is in a "folder" of a show and deletes the second to last show in the folder and then tries to select the last show to watch it gives her an Error saying that the folder no longer exists. Or something of that nature, next time I see it I will right it done exactly. I personally have not been able to reproduce this one, but she has 3 times.
I'm aware of the first issue but I've never seen the second before. See if you can come up with a way to reproduce it.