SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Sage User

I closed everything again and unzipped as instructed. I'm still getting errors on many of the menus.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:33 PM
Sage User

I get weird rendering errors sometimes with this STV when I have "3d acceleration" enabled and VMR9 selected. Has anyone else seen anything like this? I'm quite confused about this...

Turning off "3d acceleration" fixes this problem (and switches to overlay)...

Edit: I have a Radeon 9700 Pro with Catalyst 4.10 drivers. Windows XP Pro SP2.
Attached Images
File Type: png sage1.PNG (444.6 KB, 295 views)

Last edited by pengdahl; 11-02-2004 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
By any chance do you have something scheduled to record (or using IR)? Is so and you use the tuner to watch tv it might not be able to record and you get a conflict icon.
No I don't have any manual recordings, nor is IR enabled. The next favorite isn't on for a couple of days. I remember from previous versions of Sage, or another STV that even if you were in Live TV and a scheduled recording was about to start it would prompt you to either automatically change the channel, or manually remove the scheduled recording. This should prevent a conflict from triggering.

*Go Red Sox*
Old 11-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Sage Icon

Yep, I know about this. It was inherited from code found in Malores STV if memory serves me correctly. You already found the work around and that's turn off 3d acceleration, switch to overlay, or don't use the video in a window feature with VMR9 enabled.

I've never taken a look to see if I could find the problem. I'll take a look at the code in those sections.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Sage Icon

Release C Version 2 is available. Check the first message.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinyD
I am running into a bit of a problem using the 'detailed setup' menu. I have 21b installed, downloaded and extracted 21c. I did this as described, with all stored folders extracted into the my main sage directory. I stopped the Sage background process and the application sitting in the task tray. I then restarted/reloaded and attempted to go to the detail menu page to change to the new STV. When I select it, I get the following error:

"Error: Unknown Internal Screen"
"Detailed Setup modified by Cayars"

I then stopped Sage again and manually changed the sageclient.properties file to point to the new STV ('c'). When I restarted Sage, all new menus, etc., appear as they should. However, I get the same error when I try to go to the detail setup menu.

I just checked and I'm actually getting this error for quite a few menu items. I had 21b working perfectly. Was I not supposed to extract on top of the the existing files before exiting the sage application? Did I miss a config setting?

Any ideas?

Thank you and thanks to the author of this fine set of features / utilities / 'swiss army' knife of extras!!

David
Your welcome David. A lot of people have written pieces/modules. I put a lot of these things together along with my own changes and "glued" it all together. I re-wrote a substantial part of other peoples code at times because I didn't want to follow the trend of copying a routine and making changes to the second and then either calling the first or second depending on some setting. This to me would make it extremely hard to keep building on.

The way this code is written at present, it's just as easy to work with as the original out of the box version was only with a lot, lot more stuff in it.

Anyway, (got side tracked) the reason you ran into this problem was because you had a menu loaded for one release of my code and an STV with different names in it. I renamed one of the internal "pages" so that I knew I had substancial changes in it. You did the smart thing and that's to shut down and re-install the zip file again and manually set the STV file in the properties. I actually never thought of the problem that would cause you guys.

Carlo
Old 11-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriber
Seen here too -- no actual conflicts and IR off.

Otherwise, sweet STV!! Adding some of the common sage properties to the UI is wonderful.

Now if we could just get navigation sounds enabled....
I'll add that to my list. It'll be at the bottom however.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:28 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcannon
I just noticed that as soon as I start watching a program via LiveTV the conflict icon appears at the top of the menu screen. It goes away as soon as I stop playback. I don't remember this being a behavior of other STVs or not.
Take a closer look at that icon and I'll bet it is a TV with a red dot in it (a recording icon), and in fact not a conflict icon which would have a "!" in it instead of a red dot.

That recording icon is a feature that I believe was in malore's STV and has confused several people before. Anyway, it's just showing that something is currently being recorded (in your case the LiveTV show you were watching).

You'd have to look at the information on malore's web page and compare it to the information about a conflict icon in the SageTV manual to see the difference between them.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:37 AM
Sage Expert

I like the newest changes

-in the tv guide setup menu, the option to display the channel number if the logo is present reads "channel name." So there are two options that are labelled the same thing.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:26 AM
Sage User

Carlo -

Thank you for the explanation however I am still having the problem with many of the menu functions (same sort of error). What configuration change did I miss?

Thanks,
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Anyway, (got side tracked) the reason you ran into this problem was because you had a menu loaded for one release of my code and an STV with different names in it. I renamed one of the internal "pages" so that I knew I had substancial changes in it. You did the smart thing and that's to shut down and re-install the zip file again and manually set the STV file in the properties. I actually never thought of the problem that would cause you guys.

Carlo
Old 11-03-2004, 05:41 AM
Sage User

I just spotted a bug in the 'imdb search' in version 'c2'. After typing in search text and pressing the 'enter' key, the 'enter' key literally enters the value that is highlighted by the cursor. For instance, if the 'e' is highlighted, an 'e' is entered as text. If the 'backspace' is highlighted, pressing the enter key executes a backspace.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
I like the newest changes

-in the tv guide setup menu, the option to display the channel number if the logo is present reads "channel name." So there are two options that are labelled the same thing.
Doh, stupid bug but easy to fix. It may be labeled wrong but it does set the correct property value.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Carlo -

Thank you for the explanation however I am still having the problem with many of the menu functions (same sort of error). What configuration change did I miss?

Thanks,
David
Exit out of Sage completely. Then open sage.properties and/or sageclient.properties and modify the entry "wizard/widget_db_file". Change the STV file name at the end of that line to the name of my current STV file (i.e. CayarsV21Cr2.stv) and save the properties file. Then restart Sage and everything will be in sync again.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I just spotted a bug in the 'imdb search' in version 'c2'. After typing in search text and pressing the 'enter' key, the 'enter' key literally enters the value that is highlighted by the cursor. For instance, if the 'e' is highlighted, an 'e' is entered as text. If the 'backspace' is highlighted, pressing the enter key executes a backspace.
This isn't a bug at all. It's the only way it can work. The keyboard ENTER key is the same key mapped to the remote SELECT button. The user with a remote has to be able to "select"/function they hace highlighted and the ENTER key is the only way for them to do this.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Minor bug with mini-guide. When set to automatically come up using the Up/Down buttons it works fine (as is) with the Hauppauge remote. However, with other remotes have to hit the Channel Up/Down and then use the regular Up/Down buttons to navigate.

I know this can get confusing sometimes since the Hauppauge arrow buttons are used for two different functions (both navigation and Vol and Channel changing), while other remotes have extra buttons (for Vol up/down and Channel up/down).

Apparently what you are sensing to bring up the mini-guide is the Channel Up/Down (Ctrl+Up, Ctrl+Down), when what it should be sensing is just plain Up and Down (from the navigation buttons).

Otherwise seems to work fine. I'm sure this will be easy to fix for the next release.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Minor bug with mini-guide. When set to automatically come up using the Up/Down buttons it works fine (as is) with the Hauppauge remote. However, with other remotes have to hit the Channel Up/Down and then use the regular Up/Down buttons to navigate.

I know this can get confusing sometimes since the Hauppauge arrow buttons are used for two different functions (both navigation and Vol and Channel changing), while other remotes have extra buttons (for Vol up/down and Channel up/down).

Apparently what you are sensing to bring up the mini-guide is the Channel Up/Down (Ctrl+Up, Ctrl+Down), when what it should be sensing is just plain Up and Down (from the navigation buttons).

Otherwise seems to work fine. I'm sure this will be easy to fix for the next release.
I'm aware of this and took a "short-cut" doing it that way since I was having a hard time getting it implemented. It's on my todo list when I want to come back to the mini-guide again. I need a break from this portion of the code for a few...

BTW, it's even more annoying when using the keyboard.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Sage Fanatic

OK, I'll give you something more difficult to think about then he,he. Since I'll never be using Comskip, is there any possible way to add something into the Detailed Setup stuff to remove "Com. Auto Skip: Disabled" from the Options pop-up list also?
Old 11-03-2004, 11:14 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Take a closer look at that icon and I'll bet it is a TV with a red dot in it (a recording icon), and in fact not a conflict icon which would have a "!" in it instead of a red dot.

That recording icon is a feature that I believe was in malore's STV and has confused several people before. Anyway, it's just showing that something is currently being recorded (in your case the LiveTV show you were watching).

You'd have to look at the information on malore's web page and compare it to the information about a conflict icon in the SageTV manual to see the difference between them.
I'll check this out when I get home, thanks.

*Go Red Sox*
Old 11-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
OK, I'll give you something more difficult to think about then he,he. Since I'll never be using Comskip, is there any possible way to add something into the Detailed Setup stuff to remove "Com. Auto Skip: Disabled" from the Options pop-up list also?
R U referring to the options pop up list that appears in the OSD?
Old 11-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great STV, the configuability is wonderful. Two questions, however!

I don't seem to have a Sage logo or left arrow on the Weather Suite screen so there is no way out for me and second, is there a way to set the font size of the disk status display upper center?

Thanks,

Lynn