SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
Yeah, it was the 2nd one posted out of the two you uploaded.

Phil
Best thing I can suggest is running in "Debug" mode and see where thing mess up.

Let me know what you find out.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Sage Icon

I finally got setup with Paypal to except donations. The Donations page isn't pretty at the moment but it does work. After I release another version or two I'm planning on putting together a nice web site showing many of the STV features along with a searchable FAQ list amoung other things.

Here is the link to the <poof; link gone> page.

Thanks for any contributions!

Carlo

Last edited by Opus4; 04-11-2005 at 09:11 PM. Reason: removed link for donation
Old 01-05-2005, 09:46 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Thanks for listening Carlo!! I look forward to the updates. My picture library is now fixed, and looks much better.

But,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
It supports the following image types: CUE, BIN, ISO, CCD, BWT, MDS, CDI, NRG, PDI, B5T. You need to install the freeware Daemon Tools package if you don't already have it installed. My STV will automatically manage the process for you. The mounting process becomes transparent to you. It will auto mount your disc and begin playback directly in SageTV or it can use a 3rd party program (i.e. PowerDVD, WinDVD, WMP, etc) which is configurable in detailed setup.
I have Dtools installed, and am using v16. But Sage will not recognize the SVCD. Instead it bluntly states that no DVD is loaded, similiar to when I try play a physical SVCD into the drive. The image is being nicely mounted however. I am guessing that this is because the file that needs to be played has a path like: \MPEG2\AVSEQ01.MPG and sometimes there is a AVSEQ02.MPG or even a AVSEQ03.MPG. However, I have also seen these MPG files as DAT files on SVCD as well. Conversely, on a true DVD your movie files are .vob and located \VIDEO_TS\xxxxx_0.vob. I am crossing my fingers, hoping that studio will allow you to tell Sage to look in both the VIDEO_TS folder and the MPEG2 folders, but I am not holding my breath.

On the other hand, since WinDVD plays SVCD's without a problem, I'm not gonna fuss too much.... But I'd LOVE to stay totally inside the Sage GUI because its wife/kid friendly.

once again, thanks for your hard work, and we eagerly await the access level implementation.

Cheers!

[EDIT] Sent you some cash... More to follow on payday!
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC

Last edited by BerrantRyke; 01-05-2005 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demideus
Oops, I've recently played around with the category translations, and it did in fact change the categories of a show in the past. I previously recorded that show, and it indeed lost all info.

I guess Sage has updated the internal workings somewhere between 2.0 and 2.2.2 so it would allow updates of shows in the past.

I'll update my XMLTVImportPlugin so it will not update the EPG with shows that have already started (original Sage behaviour).
I'm not sure if that will work when a show has not yet started but the padded recording has... If it isn't I can put in yet another patch...

I'd love to use u'r new XMLTVImportPlugin, when its published

That might do wonders for my recordings :-)
Old 01-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Sage Icon

BerrantRyke, I read what you typed (SVCD) but kept thinking DVD. In the case of SVCDs they will auto mount and you know but I don't think they are going to playback in SageTV.

Is there any spec anywhere I could read up on to see the "proper" format of an SVCD? Since it appears to be just normal mpg1 files with an "mpg" extension I could probably have it play them.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Actually, SVCD is MPEG2. Here is a link to a VERY helpful video site:

http://www.videohelp.com/svcd

Link points directly to Svcd info.

A VCD is mpeg1, however.

Thanks again!
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 01-05-2005, 10:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Shows.xml with hebrew

Carlo hi,

I am sorry to be a bother but I just thought I'll mention this item again.

Would it be possible for version 17 for you to look at fixing the shows.xml and all the xml info exporters so that ISO-8859-8 is supported fully.

Since we don't have this capability, we cannot use comskip and cannot compress with the xml since the files are not readable.

It would be great if you could take 5 minutes and fix this, since I believe (may be wrong), it is a simple fix, and I would be hapy to contribute some help in checking this.

please, plesae, please.
you are my last hope since sage do not support this and since I cannot use some of the nwe improvements you added without this.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:55 AM
Sage Icon

To be honest alon24 I really don't fully understand what needs to be done xml wise.

If you could explain it to me like I'm a 8 year old maybe I'll get it.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
To be honest alon24 I really don't fully understand what needs to be done xml wise.

If you could explain it to me like I'm a 8 year old maybe I'll get it.
I certinely think you are over 8 years old (just kidding).

What needs to be done is that when you write the xml (with show data and file location), it is not enough to simply change the header of the file to represent ISO-8859-8.

you also have to write the file to disk using ISO-8859-8, this will make sure that all characters that are native to 8859-8 are written correctly to disk and are not corrupted.

I have prviously attaced a zip file cotaining exactly that code in order for u to look at.

something like this:

private static void writeFile(String fileName, String data, String enc)
{
try
{
FileOutputStream fout = new FileOutputStream(fileName);
OutputStreamWriter out = new OutputStreamWriter(fout, enc);

out.write(data);
out.flush();
out.close();
}
catch (IOException e)
{
e.printStackTrace();
}
}

hope this claryifies things, if not I am always here
Old 01-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Sage Icon

I don't know about other STV developers but I don't know of any way to write out info in a different ISO format.

The code you provided isn't any help to me because I can't use a function like this in Studio. Studio is it's own "language" and I can't overide the encoding.

This is the problem that I have. If SageTV was written in .NET or C/C++ we wouldn't even be having this "conversation" since they make it pretty easy to do this.

I might have asked you this before but I don't remember. Why can't you take the XML file as it is presently written and change the encoding before feeding it off to the other programs? At least this way you DO have a choice of programming languages to use to accomplish this.

What would happen if you were to do the above?
Old 01-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
I'd love to use u'r new XMLTVImportPlugin, when its published
Point your browser to: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...8&postcount=11.

If you're already using some version of the plugin, installation should be easy. The configuration options are explained in the accompanying xmltv.properties.

If your xmltv feed delivers category information in hebrew, you can either rewrite the loading of the configuration file (I could do it, but you seem to be quite capable, and I'd like to keep it in the O.S. native character set) or you can enter the hebrew characters as unicode escape sequences (\u0591 - \u05f4).

Let me know how it works out for you (use the other thread though, since it is off-topic on this one).
Old 01-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I don't think there is any function to do this in Imported videos. Imported videos don't have any of the "normal" SageTV information and are treated as "foreign" files for the most part.
Cayars- Great STV- more than anyone could have every dreamed! The imported videos do remember where you have been until you play another stream. It would be great to have these remembered just as Sage remembers where you were for all other video files.

--Follow--
Old 01-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Sage Icon

Let's cross our fingers and see what Media Center 3.0 does with this one. Otherwise I'll probably have to rig something up.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Best thing I can suggest is running in "Debug" mode and see where thing mess up.

Let me know what you find out.
Its bombing right after mpgtx (1st step). I think its mplex that is the problem. Any way to make it stop on each window as it stands to see if I can read the command line and even the error?

Phil
Old 01-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Sage Icon

Not presently but I do intend to add a log feature that would show you what is called. Then it would be easy to kick off the same commands and see what happens.

I'll have to bump this up and get it in there.

BTW, if you don't have VideoReDo you could try and download the trial version and set the STV up to use this for the DeMux step and see if it gets past the problem file. VideoReDo can also show you lots of information about your files so we could use this to see if there is anything different about the file.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
BTW, if you don't have VideoReDo you could try and download the trial version and set the STV up to use this for the DeMux step and see if it gets past the problem file. VideoReDo can also show you lots of information about your files so we could use this to see if there is anything different about the file.
OK, installed the trial. Videoredo seemed to have the same issue. It demuxed OK (I guess) but the next step just flew through on the re-mux. I guess the equal part to what mplex would have done.

Should I try to do something else with videoredo? I dont know anything about it since I just installed it.

(edit)

I opened videoredo on the same video I am trying to move to DVD. Stream info:

720x480, 30fps, 4.4mbps, mpg-2,
video stream id xE0, audio stream id xC0 384kbps sample rate 48000hz

Last edited by pciccone; 01-05-2005 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Carlo, side question not releated to the above....

I am trying to use the compress function to take some items from the video library, shrink them and then move them to the "imported" folder.

backround processing = on
jon folder = d:\temp (this is one of my large HDs)
target folder = d:\dvds (this is an imported video library directory)
bitrate = 1700
audo = 192
delete = disabled (for now, but would be enabled later)

Is this OK? It seems to say "compress cancel" once I start it in the menu, but I dont think anything is happening. I seek a 1KB xml file in the "jobs" (d:\temp) folder but nothing ever appears at d:\dvds and I dont see any visible HD activity when I start the compress. What "should" happen?

Thanks AGAIN!!

Phil
Old 01-06-2005, 06:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK, installed the trial. Videoredo seemed to have the same issue. It demuxed OK (I guess) but the next step just flew through on the re-mux. I guess the equal part to what mplex would have done.

Should I try to do something else with videoredo? I dont know anything about it since I just installed it.

(edit)

I opened videoredo on the same video I am trying to move to DVD. Stream info:

720x480, 30fps, 4.4mbps, mpg-2,
video stream id xE0, audio stream id xC0 384kbps sample rate 48000hz
OK time for some information.
1) What is your temp directory used for processing?
2) From inside of SageTV what is the name of the file you are trying to process that causes the problems?

Based on this I'm going to put together the command lines you can run to manually watch what it is doing.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Carlo, side question not releated to the above....

I am trying to use the compress function to take some items from the video library, shrink them and then move them to the "imported" folder.

backround processing = on
jon folder = d:\temp (this is one of my large HDs)
target folder = d:\dvds (this is an imported video library directory)
bitrate = 1700
audo = 192
delete = disabled (for now, but would be enabled later)

Is this OK? It seems to say "compress cancel" once I start it in the menu, but I dont think anything is happening. I seek a 1KB xml file in the "jobs" (d:\temp) folder but nothing ever appears at d:\dvds and I dont see any visible HD activity when I start the compress. What "should" happen?

Thanks AGAIN!!

Phil
There are files missing. I didn't include the external files used for compression because it doesn't presently work for UNC files which many of us use. It's also a rather elaborate setup compared to everything else.

I'll see if I can dig up the info for you and post what you need to do later today for you. R U running UNC file names?
Old 01-06-2005, 07:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'll see if I can dig up the info for you and post what you need to do later today for you. R U running UNC file names?
That would explain it!

No in my case all local named. Reading from D: and E: and compressing to D: