SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Sage Icon

I don't see why it wouldn't work but the "official" SageTV version my STV is designed to work with/tested against is 2.2.2. right now.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Carlo, I know you said you feel 2.2.2 is a more stable/better version, but I'm finding the opposite true on my hardware. With 2.1 I had ZERO problems and the best picture quality yet. With 2.2.2 I'm having glitchy playback and quality isn't quite as good as the prior version (though these are the only issues). No major crashing, but the glitchy playback is a bit annoying. It's not major glitching, and hasn't (yet) crashed things, but I never had even a minor issue with 2.1. Is there something specific you find about 2.2.2 that you like better (or find more stable)? Hopefullly they'll release the next version update shortly. Thanks, and keep up the great work!
Old 01-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I don't see why it wouldn't work but the "official" SageTV version my STV is designed to work with/tested against is 2.2.2. right now.
Installed v2.2.2 and voila! iso's showed up... I am assumming that was the problem and will not look back... just can't wait until 3.0 comes along, if in fact it does
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 01-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Sage Icon

Compression follow up...

Quote:
dvd_maniac, follow post #183 in the thread cayars gave you. I got confused with the 15 pages of development discussion and installed some wrong items that were pre-thread 183.
This thread is advising me to install another STV. I can not do this as geting rid of Cayar's STV is NOT an option.

I need the external player more than I need auto compress. Maybe Cayar's will implement this feature later.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
Carlo, I know you said you feel 2.2.2 is a more stable/better version, but I'm finding the opposite true on my hardware. With 2.1 I had ZERO problems and the best picture quality yet. With 2.2.2 I'm having glitchy playback and quality isn't quite as good as the prior version (though these are the only issues). No major crashing, but the glitchy playback is a bit annoying. It's not major glitching, and hasn't (yet) crashed things, but I never had even a minor issue with 2.1. Is there something specific you find about 2.2.2 that you like better (or find more stable)? Hopefullly they'll release the next version update shortly. Thanks, and keep up the great work!
Yep, Jeff made some fixes in 2.2.2. that allowed it to run properly on my system. Before that I would have 8 to 30 second timeout/pauses in the OSD at times (frequent). So for me it was a matter of 2.1 not really working.

I don't have a "typical" system either so that complicated things I'm sure. 2 Sage Recorder machines, 8 tuners online. A bunch of different tuner types (like to try new things) and IR Blasters and a couple of TBs.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Compression follow up...

This thread is advising me to install another STV. I can not do this as geting rid of Cayar's STV is NOT an option.

I need the external player more than I need auto compress. Maybe Cayar's will implement this feature later.
You don't have to install another STV. Just follow the directions there but substitute Cayars stv instead. Also of note you'll find a slightly different setup in my Detailed Setup which should be pretty obvious when you look at it (more flexible).
Old 01-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cayars,

Is there or will there ever be a way to dedicate an aspect ratio to tv viewing and then also apply a different dedicated aspect ratio for dvd veiwing.

Example: I always watch all of my tv stuff in 4x3 mode, but I buy only widescreen dvds and need to have 16x9 mode dedicated to watching dvds...

Hope you have something up your sleeve for this!
Old 01-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Sage User

Wow, great STV!

Firstly, I should admit my affliction before I continue . . . I suffer from . . . Dial-up Connecticus *sob, sob*

Anyway, I wanted to know if I could change any configs to force internet reliant features (Weather Suite, IMDB) to dial a connection when I am not already online. I have already changed my Windows Internet settings to always use my default dial-up connection, but Weather Suite and IMDB just cough for a few minutes and then I get spat out to the previous menu if I haven't already gone to my computer and established a connection. I guess it's kind of ironic that I am a 20 min drive from Silicon Valley and I have no broadband option yet.

I should probably mention that I am using Sage Client over MediaMVP.

Thanks to this impressive community in advance.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reboot_this
Cayars,

Is there or will there ever be a way to dedicate an aspect ratio to tv viewing and then also apply a different dedicated aspect ratio for dvd veiwing.

Example: I always watch all of my tv stuff in 4x3 mode, but I buy only widescreen dvds and need to have 16x9 mode dedicated to watching dvds...

Hope you have something up your sleeve for this!
I don't normally watch DVDs in my SageTV box as I have a nice DVD Jukebox but I've been starting to RIP more and more.

I'll take a look and see if there is anything easy I can do for this. U do know you can change the aspect ratio pretty easily from your remote right?
Old 01-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebanovich
Wow, great STV!

Firstly, I should admit my affliction before I continue . . . I suffer from . . . Dial-up Connecticus *sob, sob*
Damn, maybe I should point the "Donation" page over your way.
I couldn't imagine using dialup anymore. It's like being stuck in the dark ages only worse because YOU KNOW there is something better!
Quote:
Anyway, I wanted to know if I could change any configs to force internet reliant features (Weather Suite, IMDB) to dial a connection when I am not already online. I have already changed my Windows Internet settings to always use my default dial-up connection, but Weather Suite and IMDB just cough for a few minutes and then I get spat out to the previous menu if I haven't already gone to my computer and established a connection. I guess it's kind of ironic that I am a 20 min drive from Silicon Valley and I have no broadband option yet.

I should probably mention that I am using Sage Client over MediaMVP.

Thanks to this impressive community in advance.
Now that is a good one. I'm not sure if I can do that or not. I haven't looked to see if there is any dialup support we can access or not from within Studio. If I were to guess I'd say there wasn't.

I know you can run the JAVA files from outside of Sage to update the files. This could be scripted and setup via task manager to update your weather every X hours. So that's half the battle. As far as the IMDB stuff goes, I just don't know.

See if you can find a util/script that can be called from the command line that will fire up your internet connect. We could set this up via the menu system and you could use this to establish the connection before going into any Internet related activity (weather, IMDB, what ever comes next).

Carlo

So I'm sure we could work around it, one way or another.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Next try this:
mplex -f 8 -o "d:\temp\title1.vob" "d:\temp\title1-0.m2v" "d:\temp\title1-0.mp2"
Got something!

It appears to be the audio stream thats causing the problem here???

mplex -f 8 -o "d:\temp\title1.vob" "d:\temp\title1-0.m2v" "d:\temp\title1-0.mp2"

INFO: [???] mplex version 2.2.2 ($Date: 2003/05/13 20:27:15 $)
INFO: [???] File d:\temp\title1-0.m2v looks like an MPEG Video stream.
**ERROR: [???] File d:\temp\title1-0.mp2 unrecogniseable!
**ERROR: [???] Unrecogniseable file(s)... exiting.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Compression follow up...

Sorry I was not more clear. Almost all of mlbdude's stuff is already in Cayars STV. You are just borrowing the compress part. Carlo added the XML ability from his STV thus interacting with the ffmpeg_convert.exe program.

(Sorry again).

(edit) - Just saw Carlo answered already. Double response

Phil
Old 01-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to rickmont
Lately I have been fighting the upgrade to Java 1.4.2_06 is there any problems with this new version of Java?

Also, do you have to have FFMpeg installed to have compression work?

Carlo - My family and I Love your work!

Last edited by rickmont; 01-07-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'll take a look and see if there is anything easy I can do for this. U do know you can change the aspect ratio pretty easily from your remote right?
I know that, but my fiance does not want to deal with it (some people, sheez!).... it would just be NICE if the action was transparent to the user... just in case friends visit and want to just sit down a start "her" (the htpc) up

That would be awesome if you could look into it, Thanks!
Old 01-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Sage Expert

What happened to the see thru TV guide with v16? I switch back to 14 and it works, go back to 16, and it's not. Was this intentional?

Also, Live TV guide according to the documentation on the first page of this thread, now has a verticle time bar that goes "all the way"....mine does not.

Am I missing a setting?

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
OK, installed the trial. Videoredo seemed to have the same issue. It demuxed OK (I guess) but the next step just flew through on the re-mux. I guess the equal part to what mplex would have done.

Should I try to do something else with videoredo? I dont know anything about it since I just installed it.
Did you go into the VIDEOREDO Forum and get the latest BETA version... that is what the STV ver 16 works with.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Carlo, I have a new problem not related to teh DVD burning issue we are working on. I mentioned earlier we were having power issues, today the system gained / lost power several times due to ongoing repair crews doing their job.

I am sure its corruption, but I dont know where. I have an issue where SageTV wont render screens giving DirectX9 errors in the console (when debugging) ONLY when running the Cayers16 STV. If I switfch back to the OriginalV2 STV I am OK. Records continue to work, clients connect but the main unit is just a "black screen".

I keep many backups of everything. I restored the directory to a known good copy, including an old properties and wiz file and then symptoms change to the hanging "user manager iniitializing" message which is also directly related since I do know that is where screen rendering is done.

IF I run sagetv as a service the client part does connect even with the Cayars16 enabled but that leads to another problem I have never figured out with remote client connections not working only when running as a service I dont want to bore you with now.

I am at a total loss since the backups are not working either. I cannot re-install directx 9 from what I am reading, I tried it just starts and then goes right to the "done" screen since the installer see's its already installled.

Is it worth a Java re-install? Any other options you can think of?

(edit) Funny, I installed the client on the local SageTV machine in an alt directory, that runs fine as well using Cayers16. For now, its my solution. But I am scared knowing I have 2 distinct problems I cannot solve now.

Thanks again.

Phil

Last edited by pciccone; 01-07-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmont
Lately I have been fighting the upgrade to Java 1.4.2_06 is there any problems with this new version of Java?

Also, do you have to have FFMpeg installed to have compression work?

Carlo - My family and I Love your work!
Say, Howdy to the family for me.

Yes you do have to have the FFMpeg stuff installed for it to work.

I'll tell you guys what I'm gonna do. I was going to wait on this but since there is interest in this all of a sudden in the last day or so I'll put together a zip file with the needed files and instructions that will work with this STV.

It'll save you from having to read many, many pages in the other thread. Note however that it won't currently work with UNCs.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
Got something!

It appears to be the audio stream thats causing the problem here???

INFO: [???] mplex version 2.2.2 ($Date: 2003/05/13 20:27:15 $)
INFO: [???] File d:\temp\title1-0.m2v looks like an MPEG Video stream.
**ERROR: [???] File d:\temp\title1-0.mp2 unrecogniseable!
**ERROR: [???] Unrecogniseable file(s)... exiting.
Does this file d:\temp\title1-0.mp2 exist with this exact spelling (caps count)?
Make sure the extension is .mp2 and not .m2p. If it does happen to be .m2p then change the command line and run it again.

Next to try.
What happens if you do the demux with VideoReDo as per the other message and then run the mplex against those files changing the extensions accordingly if needed for audio and video.

If you look up info on the source file in VideoReDo what does it say?

What PVR board/type was used for the capture and what SageTV setting (i.ei DVD Standard, DVD Long Play) was used?
Old 01-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrwaugh
Did you go into the VIDEOREDO Forum and get the latest BETA version... that is what the STV ver 16 works with.
Yea, I'm now running the Jan 3rd release of VideoReDo. You must be using one of the latest Betas (go for the most recent).