SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgust
I'm new to STVs (and sage tv itself really)..

I'm having trouble installing this. I followed the instructions and extracted each of those zips to the correct folders. from there what do I need to do for sage tv to use this stv?
Go into Detailed Setup->Advanced and change the STV to Cayars16.stv.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Sage Icon

[QUOTE=davey_fl]
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1114
A couple of things that i'd love to see in the next release:

1. Default quality for recordings only - I want to watch live TV @ 5gb/hr or higher so that the quality is great, but I want my favorites, scheduled recordings, and intelligent recordings to record at a predetermined setting (I use 1.8gb/hr). I hate that sage keeps live tv and scheduled recording quality tied to the same setting.
QUOTE]

Along this line, I wonder if it would be possible to add back in the actual GB/hr detail in the recording quality. Right now all I have to go on is "great" or "extra long" - it would help if I could see the rate again...

thanks
I think Frey dropped the rates because they are Variable. So even though it may be marked at 3GB it could use 2GB or even 4GB depending on various factors.

To be honest I wouldn't get consumed with the rates. Just find what works for you and go with that. If you find a setting that is "almost" good enough and another setting that is a little "too good" you can always create you own capture settings somewhere in the middle too.

Last edited by Cayars; 01-08-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgust
thanks that was what I was missing

I installed this mostly for the default padding... 15 minutes, though, seems like an AWFUL lot (15 minutes on the start, 15 minutes on the end = now I'm at twice the size for a 30 minute show)

is there any reason they're only in 15 minute incriments?
It's not 15 minute increments. Go back into the screen and take another look. There are TWO icons on the left and TWO icons on the right. The icon farthest to the outside (smaller height) is the 15 minute increment while the icon to the "inside" (taller) is the ONE minute increment.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viremia
2000 posts? :wtf:

don't you mean 2000 pages (depending on ppp)? like the "official spam thread"
"SPAM" threads don't count
Old 01-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Sage Icon

[QUOTE=davey_fl]
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1114
A couple of things that i'd love to see in the next release:

1. Default quality for recordings only - I want to watch live TV @ 5gb/hr or higher so that the quality is great, but I want my favorites, scheduled recordings, and intelligent recordings to record at a predetermined setting (I use 1.8gb/hr). I hate that sage keeps live tv and scheduled recording quality tied to the same setting.
QUOTE]

<snip>

thanks
I didn't answer the first part in the last message. This has been asked for a few times and I LOVE to be able to do it but a few things complicate this. I really don't have enough info to work with in Studio to control it. I could so something of a hybrid but if you use IR then it would get recorded at the same rate (highest I'd assume) as your LIVETV setting.

You can sort of do this now by going into your favorites and manually setting the rate to use. Then set your default rate to high. The downside is that anytime you setup a manual recording you would also need to set the rate and of course IR will use the "default" rate.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
You can sort of do this now by going into your favorites and manually setting the rate to use. Then set your default rate to high. The downside is that anytime you setup a manual recording you would also need to set the rate and of course IR will use the "default" rate.
I posted a couple days ago about this. It isn't working correctly for me. I went through every Favorite and manually selected Std DVD then set default to Max. The next day Alias, a favorite with it's setting to Std DVD, recorded at Max AND I noticed amount space needed for upcoming jumped way up. Changed default back to Std DVD and space needed drops down. Change default to Max upcoming space need jumps up. Just checked, ALL Favorites manually set to Std DVD, IR disabled, no manually recordings set, changed default back to Max and space needed once again jumps up. Changed back and down it goes...
Sage v2.1.10 Cayars16
Considering going to v2.2.2beta to see if it'll correct. Thoughts?
Old 01-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
I posted a couple days ago about this. It isn't working correctly for me. I went through every Favorite and manually selected Std DVD then set default to Max. The next day Alias, a favorite with it's setting to Std DVD, recorded at Max AND I noticed amount space needed for upcoming jumped way up. Changed default back to Std DVD and space needed drops down. Change default to Max upcoming space need jumps up. Just checked, ALL Favorites manually set to Std DVD, IR disabled, no manually recordings set, changed default back to Max and space needed once again jumps up. Changed back and down it goes...
Sage v2.1.10 Cayars16
Considering going to v2.2.2beta to see if it'll correct. Thoughts?
OOOOPS, wait a sec. I have confirmed the upcoming space needed glitch but forgot that though Alias was a Fav I'd recorded via manual (making one time padding change) so default Q would have been used. Just set default to Max (upcoming needed jumps up) and created a new Fav to test with Std DVD selected that'll start in 8min. Get back with results later today.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Administrator

OK... this thread is getting WAY too long, so I may have to start splitting off posts or even closing it down.

Now, where's that April 1st calendar when I need it?? Hint: that means I'm joking and just thought I would add to the length. Carry on.

I already told Cayars that I accidentally clicked on the "Close thread" option while changing the title for that last update. I'm glad I caught that, or a few people might have been a tad bit (or more) perturbed.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Sage Fanatic

Should start a couple pools: date/time when it'll hit 2k posts & date it'll hit 60k views.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
OK... this thread is getting WAY too long, so I may have to start splitting off posts or even closing it down.

Now, where's that April 1st calendar when I need it?? Hint: that means I'm joking and just thought I would add to the length. Carry on.

I already told Cayars that I accidentally clicked on the "Close thread" option while changing the title for that last update. I'm glad I caught that, or a few people might have been a tad bit (or more) perturbed.

- Andy
Old 01-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah, that is pretty interesting.

Looks like it supports AC3 audio as well (at least I think it does from a quick web search). That would be useful!

Eh, maybe I'll have to look at it after you get something working someday. A little more functionality than the MediaMVP would be nice. I'll just have to see it in person before I decide if it is $300 better... heh

And I will admit, if I could reliably play DIVX on the set top side with AC3 (unlike the MVP), I may actually convet all my DVDs over and keep them online.

EDIT: Ok, after reading more on the internet I am more interested. If you get Sage working on it, I'll buy one and test it out with you. Looks like you can find them for ~$250.

Jason

Quote:
It can actually do a LOT more but excluding all the nice connection input/outputs I say the most important reason are that it:
It's output (visual) is far superior to the MVP.
It never/ever crashes or hangs.
It can send the signal out multiple ports at the same time. As an example I have S-Video/optical sound running into my SD Sony (via amp) and have the composite & standard audio out feeding an RF Modulator so it can also be watched from any of the other TVs in the house on channel 76.
But the number one reason I purchased it was for the hardware DivX decoding! The MVP just can't do it.
It can also do other things like ShoutCast and stuff too. The software that comes with it can also do audio RIPs for you and can transcode movie files into MPG or DivX for you as long as you have a Codec on your machine that supports the file type you wish to transcode.

It's not for everyone but it's a very nice box that I'd recommend. It will be awesome when I've got more time to build a true SageTV interface for it. I've got the SageTV recording screens on it at the moment.

Last edited by JasonJoel; 01-08-2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

I just updated to 2.2.2 and the latest Cayars. MVPs work fine, but on my PC Client when I use the live guide, select program, and hit enter it pops up a litle boxe that says :
SageTVclient.exe - no disk
There is no disk in drive. Please insert disk into drive D:
Cancel Try Again Continue

I can select cancel or continue press enter then everything works fine.

I disabled the mini menu and the guide button link to the mini menu.

Does a manual exist for this STV?
Old 01-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Sage Fanatic

Disk space information bug

Quote:
OOOOPS, wait a sec. I have confirmed the upcoming space needed glitch but forgot that though Alias was a Fav I'd recorded via manual (making one time padding change) so default Q would have been used. Just set default to Max (upcoming needed jumps up) and created a new Fav to test with Std DVD selected that'll start in 8min. Get back with results later today.
Ok, confirmed when default set to Max and Fav set to Std DVD does in fact record in Std DVD. However, the disk space needed is displaying incorrect data. It's displaying way too much space needed for Std DVD Favs. It appears to be bassing it's estimate on number of shows, time and default Q not actual recording Q used...
Old 01-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

You didn't move where your recordings were located at one point in time (recently) have you?

I got that on some recordings after I moved where they were stored. No fix. It just stopped doing it after I worked my way through all the recording I moved. All new recordings were fine.

To put it another way, I don't think it is an STV issue. When I was getting that error, if I flipped through the recordings long enough in the original STV I would get it as well.

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakecrash
I just updated to 2.2.2 and the latest Cayars. MVPs work fine, but on my PC Client when I use the live guide, select program, and hit enter it pops up a litle boxe that says :
SageTVclient.exe - no disk
There is no disk in drive. Please insert disk into drive D:
Cancel Try Again Continue

I can select cancel or continue press enter then everything works fine.

I disabled the mini menu and the guide button link to the mini menu.

Does a manual exist for this STV?
Old 01-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
Yeah, that is pretty interesting.

Looks like it supports AC3 audio as well (at least I think it does from a quick web search). That would be useful!

Eh, maybe I'll have to look at it after you get something working someday. A little more functionality than the MediaMVP would be nice. I'll just have to see it in person before I decide if it is $300 better... heh

And I will admit, if I could reliably play DIVX on the set top side with AC3 (unlike the MVP), I may actually convet all my DVDs over and keep them online.

Jason
Yea, no AC3 issues at all. It can do VOB files too so that really helps things out with Ripped DVDs too.

You can pick them up for well under $300. $200 being closer. The only drawback I see with it at the moment is that the OSD is rather limited and really only shows FF/RW info. It does support "true" FF/REW also and can do 2x, 3x and 4x times speeds. You can also push a numeric button on the remote to jump into the show at 10%, 20%,..50%...80%, 90%, etc..

you can setup watched folder so any file recorded by SageTV will show up in the Showcenter within a few seconds of it starting to record. So you can also watch live recordings on the ShowCenter.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4

<snip>
[Edit: you left out the quote saying I was joking; I just didn't want to leave anyone with the feeling that I was serious if they were to read only the first line quoted here - Andy ]
- Andy
You just keep your grubby little hands of the close thread button.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Should start a couple pools: date/time when it'll hit 2k posts & date it'll hit 60k views.
Tomorrow, next Saturday.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Jason,
No, all I did was upgrade for 2.1 to 2.2.2 (server and clients) and load up the STV files. I don't get message when I run sage local on the server.

Also, I get it if in a menu then hit my remotes live TV botton.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Sage Icon

Ah, that IS different than what I was seeing (although the message is almost the same).

Sorry.

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakecrash
Jason,
No, all I did was upgrade for 2.1 to 2.2.2 (server and clients) and load up the STV files. I don't get message when I run sage local on the server.

Also, I get it if in a menu then hit my remotes live TV botton.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Sage Icon

Ok, I give. You get the Sage interface on it, I'll buy one.

So, hurry up.

Jason

Quote:
Yea, no AC3 issues at all. It can do VOB files too so that really helps things out with Ripped DVDs too.

You can pick them up for well under $300. $200 being closer. The only drawback I see with it at the moment is that the OSD is rather limited and really only shows FF/RW info. It does support "true" FF/REW also and can do 2x, 3x and 4x times speeds. You can also push a numeric button on the remote to jump into the show at 10%, 20%,..50%...80%, 90%, etc..

you can setup watched folder so any file recorded by SageTV will show up in the Showcenter within a few seconds of it starting to record. So you can also watch live recordings on the ShowCenter.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

<Request>
Could you add custom colour configuration (so you can specify you own categories that would be coloured?).

Thanks in advance
M