SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Am I doing something wrong, or is their no way to create or modify a music playlist? I see a DVD playlist and a Video playlist, but no Music Playlist?

Also.. I ripped a bunch of music into .wma format.. Sage doesn't seem to see them unless they are in the .mp3 format... again, am I missing something (wouldn't surprise me!)

Thanks everybody for this!
Old 01-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
Ok, I give. You get the Sage interface on it, I'll buy one.

So, hurry up.

Jason
It won't be any time soon. To many other projects going on right now and to be frank, the ShowCenter interface as it stands now does work just fine with SageTV for playing back pictures, music and video. It just doesn't have the SageTV interface.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Am I doing something wrong, or is their no way to create or modify a music playlist? I see a DVD playlist and a Video playlist, but no Music Playlist?
There is music playlists but you need to be inside the music library to access them. Try going into an album and look at the left menu.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
There is music playlists but you need to be inside the music library to access them. Try going into an album and look at the left menu.
I've done done what you suggest.. I get the following popups..

"Select Playlist to add this Song to"
Cancel
DVD List
Video Playlist

I don't see any mention of a Music Playlist
Likewise if I try to add an Album to an Playlist.. it asks which playlist I want to add the Album to.. with the same options (DVD and Video)..
Old 01-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
I don't know about the mono part as I think a DVD can handle that OK. But the audio bitrate of 64KB is a PROBLEM as it's out of spec for DVD. That is surely the problem.

I've never seen a SageTV recording before with a 64KB audio stream.
I tried it on a different stream that looked "better", I dont know what was up with the one I picked. Same exact results I am afraid, how does this stream info look on this test:

Mpeg 2 Program Stream File [Video/Audio]
Muxrate : 6.07 Mbps
Estimated Duration: 13:34:35.29s
Aspect ratio 4/3 (TV)
Not interlaced, chroma format: 4:2:0
Size [720 x 480] 29.97 fps 4.40 Mbps
Audio : Mpeg 1 layer 2
384 kbps 48000 Hz
Stereo, No emphasis

Is this the exact DVD ELP spec? I *think* it is?

Last edited by pciccone; 01-08-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Sage User

I posted earlier about forcing a dialup connection for extended features of the STV. I have created two batch files for connecting and disconnecting from my dial-up connection - "C:\dial.bat" and "C:\disconnect.bat."

The file to dial contains two lines:
rasdial connectionname username password
exit

To disconnect:
rasdial connectionname /disconnect
exit

Can I configure your stv to launch these two files (I don't have Studio) or do you have to do that? It would be great to be able to connect / disconnect from the Recording Detail Menu as well as the menu that launches the weather app (I can't remember what it's called).

Thanks again for the great stv and support. I will be hitting the donation page after my next paycheck.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Shouldn't you be able to do that by making a Connect link & a Disconnect link in the menu (via the XML file).

Hope that helped.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
I've done done what you suggest.. I get the following popups..

"Select Playlist to add this Song to"
Cancel
DVD List
Video Playlist

I don't see any mention of a Music Playlist
Likewise if I try to add an Album to an Playlist.. it asks which playlist I want to add the Album to.. with the same options (DVD and Video)..
That's pretty strange the your Music Playlist is gone. Try adding it to the Video Playlist. You should then be able to rename the playlist. You can rename it back to Music or what ever you want.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
I tried it on a different stream that looked "better", I dont know what was up with the one I picked. Same exact results I am afraid, how does this stream info look on this test:

Muxrate : 6.07 Mbps
Estimated Duration: 13:34:35.29s
Aspect ratio 4/3 (TV)
Not interlaced, chroma format: 4:2:0
Size [720 x 480] 29.97 fps 4.40 Mbps
384 kbps 48000 Hz
Stereo, No emphasis

Is this the exact DVD ELP spec? I *think* it is?
This appears to look good to me. What command line did you run to produce this?
Old 01-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebanovich
I posted earlier about forcing a dialup connection for extended features of the STV. I have created two batch files for connecting and disconnecting from my dial-up connection - "C:\dial.bat" and "C:\disconnect.bat."

The file to dial contains two lines:
rasdial connectionname username password
exit

To disconnect:
rasdial connectionname /disconnect
exit

Can I configure your stv to launch these two files (I don't have Studio) or do you have to do that? It would be great to be able to connect / disconnect from the Recording Detail Menu as well as the menu that launches the weather app (I can't remember what it's called).

Thanks again for the great stv and support. I will be hitting the donation page after my next paycheck.
Pick a menu you want these two options to appear on (main menus only). Do a right click (you'll need a keyboard) and select "Add New Menu Item" then select "External Program". Type "C:\dial.bat" for the program. Click OK on the auguments option without filling anything in since you don't need it. Then type a menu name like "Dialup Connect" for the new menu choice or what ever name you want it to display.

Do the same for the disconnect. Then test these and make sure they work.

Once they work right click on a menu again and select "Save menu definition file" and this will write your new menu to disk. Without this last step it's only a temporary menu and will get reloaded on the next startup and you'll loose the settings.

Hope this helps. BTW, you can edit the Cayars menu xml file directly if you know how to do it.

The menu system was written by Nielm (I mad a few changes) and he did a great job on it!
Old 01-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
This appears to look good to me. What command line did you run to produce this?
mpgtx.exe -i "E:\VIDEO\<video name>.mpg"

I am at a total loss now if it does look good. Do you have the ability to record somethinig at DVD ELP and see if it happens to you? I dont know what quality your testing was at?

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Pick a menu you want these two options to appear on (main menus only). Do a right click (you'll need a keyboard) and select "Add New Menu Item" then select "External Program". Type "C:\dial.bat" for the program. Click OK on the auguments option without filling anything in since you don't need it. Then type a menu name like "Dialup Connect" for the new menu choice or what ever name you want it to display.

Do the same for the disconnect. Then test these and make sure they work.

Once they work right click on a menu again and select "Save menu definition file" and this will write your new menu to disk. Without this last step it's only a temporary menu and will get reloaded on the next startup and you'll loose the settings.

Hope this helps. BTW, you can edit the Cayars menu xml file directly if you know how to do it.

The menu system was written by Nielm (I mad a few changes) and he did a great job on it!
I've never gotten into writing batch files before, but you have probably created a monster. Before the end of the week, I will probably have this stv dimming the lights in my house and turning on the sprinklers

Thanks again.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebanovich
I've never gotten into writing batch files before, but you have probably created a monster. Before the end of the week, I will probably have this stv dimming the lights in my house and turning on the sprinklers

Thanks again.
If you have X-10 based modules it's not to hard to do.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
mpgtx.exe -i "E:\VIDEO\<video name>.mpg"

I am at a total loss now if it does look good. Do you have the ability to record somethinig at DVD ELP and see if it happens to you? I dont know what quality your testing was at?

Thanks!
Here some info from a small test file I've been using. All my "test" recordings are "DVD Standard" but I thought I tested against the other 2 "DVD" profiles too. I'll set up a couple of test recordings and try it.

This is a file that does work on my system recorded in DVD Standard
Muxrate : 10.12 Mbps
Estimated Duration: 16:20:08.91s
Aspect ratio 4/3 (TV)
Interlaced, chroma format: 4:2:0
Size [720 x 480] 29.97 fps 8.00 Mbps
384 kbps 48000 Hz
Stereo, No emphasis
Old 01-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
What is the see through guide? I'm probably being dense or I'm thinking a different name for it. Could you explain a little or if possible put up a pic from each version showing the difference. <-- would make it easy on me.

I need to remove the vertical line thing from the 16 release notes as it caused a "boxed" look on the whole grid. The line was cool but the boxed look just didn't cut it. I'm still trying to find another way to do it.
The live TV guide in 14 can have the video playing in the background making it possible to see both the live (original guide) and the show recorded/being watched etc...

Version 16, shuts off the video and APPEARS (not sure) to pause live TV while using the guide.

I can post pics is you need more info.

Also, some of the menus are no longer aligned properly, right click brings up the detailed info list, Captions and aspect ratios are not center justified.

Also, what do the colors mean on the menus?

Thanks.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Sage Expert

JUST AN IDEA....Com skip....volume control.

My wife complains about tv comercial being 3x louder than the program material, and she's right!!

Cayers, is it possible to use this same info for comercial skip to turn down the volume by "x" (adjustable) during live tv?

Or even just sense the lack of CC to lower volume? (not as accurate as some comercials are CC!)

I'm surprised no one has sugested it.

please feel free to move this post if you feel, but I posted it here as this STV is the most user friendly IMO and the most feature full.

Thanks

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-08-2005, 11:43 PM

that's an awesome idea, broderp
Old 01-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
The live TV guide in 14 can have the video playing in the background making it possible to see both the live (original guide) and the show recorded/being watched etc...

Version 16, shuts off the video and APPEARS (not sure) to pause live TV while using the guide.

I can post pics is you need more info.

Also, some of the menus are no longer aligned properly, right click brings up the detailed info list, Captions and aspect ratios are not center justified.

Also, what do the colors mean on the menus?

Thanks.
Pics please. I think this will help.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
My wife complains about tv comercial being 3x louder than the program material, and she's right!!

Cayers, is it possible to use this same info for comercial skip to turn down the volume by "x" (adjustable) during live tv?

Or even just sense the lack of CC to lower volume? (not as accurate as some comercials are CC!)

I'm surprised no one has sugested it.

please feel free to move this post if you feel, but I posted it here as this STV is the most user friendly IMO and the most feature full.

Thanks
I've not noticed commercials being loaded myself. However, this is a pretty cool idea. I can't do it based on CC data, but I might be able to do it based on comskip data.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

<snip>
BTW, I've never seen this any where before, have you?

What I'm surprised no one has asked for is the ability to have CC data turned off by default. Then if a user hits mute, turn CC data on, hit mute again and sound comes back and CC is turned off.