SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

I know you stated it is a remote only interface. But, I really got use to my gyration mouse. (LOVE IT), so does my wife. Very easy. And would love some form of screen based back navigation. Please consider in future. Even if you just added a button to each menu that showed back or a static icon based back.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Sage Expert

It is getting better by every release!!

I am trying to make a back button for my remote (MarantzRC3200).
I currently just have many of the Hauppauge remote buttons stored in the Marantz. I now want to have a back button for this STV, however the back button on my Hauppauge remote does not seem to work the same as pressing ALT-L on the keyboard.
So here is what I think I need to do:

1) Find out what the Hauppauge Remote 'back' button is actually doing in Sage.
2) map the Hauppauges 'back' button to 'ALT-L' of the keyboard
3) transmit the Hauppauges 'back' button to a new button on the Marantz.

Anyone know how to do steps 1+2?

Old 11-08-2004, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
Thanks for fixing up the Jukebox. One thing though - I don't see "Currently Playing:" on any of the screens. It would be nice to have this feature back if possible.

Andy.
Currently playing is available on every screen in the lower right corner with the Album cover if it has one.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Possible bug: if I'm viewing songs 'By Song' and select then play a track, the subsequently played track is not the next one in the list. So far it has always played a track currently shown on-screen, but it could be before or after the last-played track.

Andy.
This is a core issue. I don't know of any way to get it to stop playing after you select one song to play nor do I know what it uses to decide what to play next. I would guess next track in that album or first track of next album if last track is selected. Other places where you click on Play as a mneu item I am building a playlist based off of what is in the right list. I may do that for Song list as well but that would be a pretty big playlist .
Old 11-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Sage Icon

hey, I noticed that you removed the vertical letter index on the right hand portion of My Music. Any chance this is coming back? It just makes it really hard to navigate to the S's, T's, V's... especially when the collection is huge. This was the only feature that made Sage's Jukebox somewhat functional and without it i may need to start using something else. Thanks again--
JUC
Old 11-08-2004, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
hey, I noticed that you removed the vertical letter index on the right hand portion of My Music. Any chance this is coming back? It just makes it really hard to navigate to the S's, T's, V's... especially when the collection is huge. This was the only feature that made Sage's Jukebox somewhat functional and without it i may need to start using something else. Thanks again--
JUC
Probably not for phase 1. That phase will be to emulate MCE as close as possible. I am thinking about adding in some advanced searching and filtering though that may handle that for you.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Currently playing is available on every screen in the lower right corner with the Album cover if it has one.
Interesting.... I don't get that - I just re-checked. I checked the standard client as well as the MVP client and I don't see it.

So we're on the same page, the path I use is:
"My Music", "View by Song" (sort by Title).

I see the up/down arrows in the bottom-right but no "Currently Playing" information.

I'm using the latest SageMC beta on the 2.1 (release) SageClient.

Any ideas?

Andy.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:07 PM

Check out a screen cap from the first post that is playing music. What I am referreing to is the bottom left window that shows the album cover and current song.

I think if the ablum cover is not there it will show in text the artist. If not I need to fix that.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Here's a screen-shot....

See attachment.

Andy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SageMC1.JPG (76.8 KB, 347 views)
Old 11-08-2004, 02:14 PM

Bah! That would suck .

Go to Settings\Detailed Setup\Multimedia(?)\Video Menu Options.

You want to show in window when active.

Not at a Sage PC right now so that is the best I remember .

EDIT: or I still have not removed the right click video menu from all screens yet. that should bring it up.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

That did it! I think that setting is defaulted to off for the MVP version of the client properties file.

Thanks mlbdude.

Andy.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Sage Expert

Has the "refresh media" library part of this stv been done yet? I can' find a way to refresh the imported media?
Apart from that little issue, this is the best stv ever done, great job so far
Patrick
Old 11-08-2004, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowdx42
Has the "refresh media" library part of this stv been done yet? I can' find a way to refresh the imported media?
Apart from that little issue, this is the best stv ever done, great job so far
Patrick
I will add that to the Video Library menu. I also put back in List/Folder view alternation.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Sage Expert

LOL, the list folder is the one thing I was also wondering about, was gonna look at the properties file to see if I could change it there, is it possible?
Patrick
Old 11-08-2004, 02:41 PM

No I forced it to folder view for now. I will post another small release soon with a couple updates including that one.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Sage Expert

Cool... my eyes are just not happy with the small text with folder view
Old 11-08-2004, 04:29 PM

Minor update: Alpha 4.6

Added Video List view back
Added Rescan button back to Video Library
Added icons (thanks SHS) and reordering functionality to queue's and playlists.
Added "press play to play anything" functionality. Play button will launch any single item, playlist, or album you have highlighed.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Will the fix that will update the time on the menus come along soon? The reason I ask is that I'm using a MediaMVP and it needs to see a change every minute or it will go into screensaver mode. Also I keep forgetting and looking at the time on the menu, and assume it's the current time - very confusing!

Andy.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Will the fix that will update the time on the menus come along soon? The reason I ask is that I'm using a MediaMVP and it needs to see a change every minute or it will go into screensaver mode. Also I keep forgetting and looking at the time on the menu, and assume it's the current time - very confusing!

Andy.
Now that I know about the time not changing there will be .
Old 11-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

When creating a new playlist, how do I tell it I am done? Once I type in the name, if I press "back" it doesn't add it, and enter doesn't do it either.
Closed Thread