SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
When creating a new playlist, how do I tell it I am done? Once I type in the name, if I press "back" it doesn't add it, and enter doesn't do it either.
Do you see the create button on the bottom? Look at the last image in the first post. It should look similar to that.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Mlbdude,

I just started using SageMC. Very Cool!! A couple of observations (not sure if anyone else has mentioned this). There is no delete button for intelligent recordings. Is this an oversight or on purpose? Second, the OSD for my Videos shows the cover art but takes up a large portion of the screen. Are there any plans to include information from a .my file in this area?
Old 11-10-2004, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis
Mlbdude,

I just started using SageMC. Very Cool!! A couple of observations (not sure if anyone else has mentioned this). There is no delete button for intelligent recordings. Is this an oversight or on purpose? Second, the OSD for my Videos shows the cover art but takes up a large portion of the screen. Are there any plans to include information from a .my file in this area?
No delete for IR is an oversight. I will turn on IR to get that. The OSD and Video Info screen will both at some point show more info, but not an .my format. Some kind of XML.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:59 AM
Sage User

At present I have a PVR 350 but I use the TV out on a Radeon 7000 because the 350 cannot play back DIVX.

I have the TV out on the Radeon going into by SDTV as AV/1

And

The PVR350 out going into my SDTV via AV/2

I sometimes change to the PVR TVout when watching football as the image quality is so much better.

I am very impressed with the images of sageMC and its ability to run "other programs" has got me thinking.

Could I set up sageMC on the the PVR350 via AV/2 out so I can get great picture quality when I watch TV.

If I then want to watch a DIVX movie I run "other programs" which invokes Zoom Player. This would then play my DIVX movie via the radeon 7000 and thus onto my TV via AV/1.

Anyone understand me. Is it possible?.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:17 AM

Sure. The only reason people don't like to do that is that they have to switch inputs on their TV. Sounds like you won't mind so that is not a problem.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:36 AM
Sage Icon

Actually you could do what I did in the past and setup a small program that you call that sends an IR Blaster code to the TV to automatically make the switch for you and then change the input back after running the program like "ZoomPlayer".

Food for thought.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Sage Expert

I dont seem to be able to see the art (folder.jpg) for any of my ripped DVD's anymore. I can see the art for films that I have recorded off TV.

Any ideas?
Old 11-10-2004, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
I dont seem to be able to see the art (folder.jpg) for any of my ripped DVD's anymore. I can see the art for films that I have recorded off TV.

Any ideas?
Where did you put the folder.jpg for those DVD's? Did you follow the instructions from the 2.1 manual?
Old 11-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Sage Expert

It's all set up as per manual - I'll try a reboot and see if that helps any

Edit
Sorted - I put everything in a new directory and it started working fine!

Last edited by ukmgranger; 11-10-2004 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis
Mlbdude,

I just started using SageMC. Very Cool!! A couple of observations (not sure if anyone else has mentioned this). There is no delete button for intelligent recordings. Is this an oversight or on purpose?
ldavis, can you elaborate more? I turned on IR last night and I have no problem deleting IR recordings. Can you be more specific?
Old 11-11-2004, 06:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have seen an issue, and wanted to see if anyone else saw this.... Using SageMC I tried using OVERLAY with Sonic Decoders in the DVD app, and as I navigate the DVD menu system, SAGE also shows TV listings at the top of the screen. Now if I select any option in the DVD menu... it changes the channel to whatever program happend to be selected at the top. This behavior goes away with VRM9. I've been unhappy with the DVD performance in SAGE so I was hoping the overlay might help...

--Mike
Old 11-11-2004, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan
I have seen an issue, and wanted to see if anyone else saw this.... Using SageMC I tried using OVERLAY with Sonic Decoders in the DVD app, and as I navigate the DVD menu system, SAGE also shows TV listings at the top of the screen. Now if I select any option in the DVD menu... it changes the channel to whatever program happend to be selected at the top. This behavior goes away with VRM9. I've been unhappy with the DVD performance in SAGE so I was hoping the overlay might help...

--Mike
I will check DVD playback tonight. It is posible it got messed up when I added the mini-guide.

Not sure if Overlay will help too much but it is less CPU intensive.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks mlb... I'm not looking for overlay to help much either... this has been an on going problem since I stared using SAGE a long time ago. I was on this forum under a different name for many months, and got busy over the summer, and just getting back into the swing of things. I guess I'm going to have to look at meedio or another external player for DVDs becasue they play flawlessly outside of SAGE. Thanks again mlb. My family loves this STV more than any other so far.

--Mike
Old 11-11-2004, 08:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

CubsFan is no more... I finally remembered my password for my old username.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

mlbdude when I resized the icons by pcuoco in photo shop
they looked fine after that
I used 30x30 and if you wanted I can resize the ones you to use
I just do not like the binoculars and X-ed heart
Old 11-11-2004, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
mlbdude when I resized the icons by pcuoco in photo shop
they looked fine after that
I used 30x30 and if you wanted I can resize the ones you to use
I just do not like the binoculars and X-ed heart
If you can resize the disk ones he did that would be great. I just don't want to use anything with wording on it.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

no problem I will try to get that done in the next few days
Old 11-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I will check DVD playback tonight. It is posible it got messed up when I added the mini-guide.

Not sure if Overlay will help too much but it is less CPU intensive.
The same thing happened when you first created the mini guide in your first stv.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falchulk
The same thing happened when you first created the mini guide in your first stv.
You think I would learn then .
Old 11-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Sage Icon

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Actually you could do what I did in the past and setup a small program that you call that sends an IR Blaster code to the TV to automatically make the switch for you and then change the input back after running the program like "ZoomPlayer".

Food for thought.
OK, what "small program" did you use? I would like to do this to send power on and power off IR to my TV. This would get me down to using a single remote which would GREATLY improve the WAF.
Closed Thread