SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
Here you go:

this is the text re-sizing that I'm getting. It basically tries to put all of the text into the space, no matter how much there is.

Ahhh! That is not where I was looking . I can fix that.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matterw
Is there a way to hide the Setup Menu from the menu selection on the client?
Not in the 1.0 release. I will be adding a configuration though for this (start menu customization) later on.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:02 AM
SageTVaholic

the delete button is hidden on the video file's property page
you can get to it but it is under the menu
just keep hitting down and then click ok
you get the option to delete

also my commands for watched, delete, don't like, and favorite do not work
Old 11-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

My category-translation program (xmltvimportplugin) does not work any more in 4.7 version. It worked in 4.6 and still does in original stv.
Since I cannot translate any more, the movies don't show in "Movies", since the Dutch name for it (Film) is not recognized as a valid category here.

I have a few double categories now, because the epg has some (sub)categories with capital and others not; the program data is spread over the two.
Would it be possible to make the categories case-insensitive?

jan
Old 11-30-2004, 07:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
My category-translation program (xmltvimportplugin) does not work any more in 4.7 version. It worked in 4.6 and still does in original stv.
Since I cannot translate any more, the movies don't show in "Movies", since the Dutch name for it (Film) is not recognized as a valid category here.

I have a few double categories now, because the epg has some (sub)categories with capital and others not; the program data is spread over the two.
Would it be possible to make the categories case-insensitive?
Problem solved, I must have made a mistake.
Restoring a backup and redoing the last changes solved it.
The program now translates the categories and the correct data is in the "All" category, while "Movies" has all the "films" in it.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I am going to tweak the Back command from the Stop menu yet. In MCE it would not go back to full video screen without either restarting or resuming.
So does this mean that by hitting the 'BACK' command, it will actually go to the last screen as opposed to the 'STOP' screen as in the earlier version?

-Jason
Old 12-01-2004, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
So does this mean that by hitting the 'BACK' command, it will actually go to the last screen as opposed to the 'STOP' screen as in the earlier version?

-Jason
An example, if you launch a recording from My TV then stop the video the Stop menu comes up. It currently will go back to the paused full screen video if you hit back. In MCE (and hopefully in this STV when I am done) it will go back to the My TV screen when you hit back.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:18 AM
Sage User

Few questions:

1. So with 4.7 pressing the "LiveTV" button is a bit frustrating. I'm used to waking Sage and pressing LiveTV and it would resume watching the channel I last had it on. Now it prompts me with the Stopped "Restart/Resume" option which is annoying because they both appear to do the same thing. I'm also used to hitting the LiveTV from anywhere to jump to, well, LiveTV. Only now it always brings this up dialog (which once again I can't quite tell that it matters from some screens).

So would it be possible to have LiveTV remain the same and possibly add a Custom STV button for the extended functionality (or the opposite)?

2. Another issue I've seen happen and will try to narrow down is that when I enter channel numbers sometimes it appears to stomp on my entry and re-enters the current channel -- sometimes it does something really weird where it jumps back to the start of the show i was watching. Bringing up the small channel browser (top of screen while watching LiveTV and hitting Up/Down) and then entering a number causes it to happen a lot for me. I don't remember this happening in the previous version I had (4.5 I think). Will look at it more tonight, but wanted to see if anyone else had noticed it.

3. Finally, when I go into the Detailed Settings menu (the original skin looking one), it does not appear to be clearing the screen before redraws (ever) as I get left-over selection boxes and text as I scroll through items -- making it very difficult to read. Is there something I can change to fix this? All the SageMC screens appear to behave properly. Using VMR9, but it happens with Overlay & Default.

4. FWIW - I think the previous icons were a little easier to understand. I can't make out the one that shows while watching a channel (it's a white circle w/ a yellow stripe or something).

Definitely a great STV though! Looks sooo much better than the previous cable-dvr interface I had !
Old 12-01-2004, 10:27 AM

#1 must be a bug. LiveTV should alwasy take you to LiveTV.

#2 not sure about that. Nothing changed there that I know of. I might have on idea though.

#3 make sure you installed SageMC to the OrigionalV2 folder. Sounds like the existing Sage menus are not finding their background.

#4 I am probably going to make those icons configurable so that users can switch out icon sets. No one seems to like all of anything .
Old 12-01-2004, 10:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Got back from vacation last night, and downloaded and tried 4.7. Two items.

#1. The stop file screen(The new one that comes up when a video file has finished playing) does not map to 16:9, it is only showing up in 4:3, centered on the screen. Text appears below the blue background..

#2 I know this is taken from MCE, but I think a flaw exists. I am very happy to have a delete option on my TV shows I have recorded, but for those videos that I have imported, I really want the ability to turn off the Delete button like you did in your other STVs. There would be hell to pay if one of my daughters or wifes videos were deleted. I use the video library for permenant storage. I don't want to deal with accidental deletion there. If MS's MCE let's you do this, I would consider it a design and usablity flaw. Please consider re-implementing that feature in this...
Old 12-01-2004, 01:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
...but for those videos that I have imported, I really want the ability to turn off the Delete button like you did in your other STVs. There would be hell to pay if one of my daughters or wifes videos were deleted. I use the video library for permenant storage. I don't want to deal with accidental deletion there. .
Same here, don't want to accidentally delete an imported video, especially from the "stop" menu. Those are permanant storage for me too.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Sage User

setup text overwriting / not clearing

I am not sure if this is the STV or a base setting but I see ghosts of menu text as I navigate the settings. Here is an example:
(attached).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clip1.jpg (42.1 KB, 215 views)
Old 12-01-2004, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptybump
I am not sure if this is the STV or a base setting but I see ghosts of menu text as I navigate the settings. Here is an example:
(attached).
That will happen if you do not install SageMC to the OrigionalV2 folder.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

videos do not resume from where I left off
Old 12-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Sage User

I notice when you use the up and down arrows on the remote, it will show the preview text of what is showing on the other channels, but if you select that channel, it will turn to it even if you are recording on another channel. Should'nt their be some kind of warning box that comes up and says do you want to change channels even if you are recording on another channel or something?
Old 12-02-2004, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxcoop
I notice when you use the up and down arrows on the remote, it will show the preview text of what is showing on the other channels, but if you select that channel, it will turn to it even if you are recording on another channel. Should'nt their be some kind of warning box that comes up and says do you want to change channels even if you are recording on another channel or something?
There should be. I beleive there is for me. This is something more in the core of Sage that I have not changed but will check.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
videos do not resume from where I left off
not usre if being ignored here but
you select save for later and the damn thing restarts from the beginnning everytime
even if I did not finish watching it

finally found hit stop twice after watching a recording but really come on
it is suppose to resume from beginning everytime
Old 12-02-2004, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
not usre if being ignored here but
you select save for later and the damn thing restarts from the beginnning everytime
even if I did not finish watching it

finally found hit stop twice after watching a recording but really come on
it is suppose to resume from beginning everytime
Save for later actually resets the Watched flag completly so that Sage will not delete it. Kind of misleading I guess.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Got back from vacation last night, and downloaded and tried 4.7. Two items.

#1. The stop file screen(The new one that comes up when a video file has finished playing) does not map to 16:9, it is only showing up in 4:3, centered on the screen. Text appears below the blue background..

#2 I know this is taken from MCE, but I think a flaw exists. I am very happy to have a delete option on my TV shows I have recorded, but for those videos that I have imported, I really want the ability to turn off the Delete button like you did in your other STVs. There would be hell to pay if one of my daughters or wifes videos were deleted. I use the video library for permenant storage. I don't want to deal with accidental deletion there. If MS's MCE let's you do this, I would consider it a design and usablity flaw. Please consider re-implementing that feature in this...

Has anyone else seen this? or is it just me? When you stop playing a file the new screen is only 4:3. Does not map/remap to a 16x9 screen. MLBDude is there something I need to do to fix this?
Old 12-02-2004, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Has anyone else seen this? or is it just me? When you stop playing a file the new screen is only 4:3. Does not map/remap to a 16x9 screen. MLBDude is there something I need to do to fix this?
No that is a bug already fixed for next version.
Closed Thread