SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 09:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks, One other question. With the 2.2.1 Beta out now supporting random playback of playlists (one step closer to PVR heaven), is that something that will be available w/ the current SageMC.STV or something you would have to add? (If so, please consider for both audio and video...) I don't know if it was a core issue or a STV issue.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
Thanks, One other questions. With the 2.2.1 Beta out now supporting random playback of playlists (one step closer to PVR heaven), is that something that will be available w/ the current STV or something you would have to add? (If so, please consider for both audio and video...) I don't know if it was a core issue or a STV issue.
It was a core Sage issue and not STV. Now that it works I will be adding it. If you see enabled random playback somewhere it should work already.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:29 AM
SageTVaholic

so do I just have to hit stop twice to stop a video in the middle
consider maybe adding just stop to list for those that would like to stop in the middle and let sage handle old shows
Old 12-02-2004, 09:38 AM

A little insight on where this design part will go. The whole idea of the recordings Archive is lame to me. I don't want a separate area where recordings go and hide and are never deleted. The part I want is to tell Sage to just never delete this file. In the next release you will see the Archive GONE. Those files will be listed in the recording menu with a new icon identifying that they are archived and won't be deleted.

Once that is done, the Keep menu will change to add it to the archive list instead. In MCE that is what that menu does - ensures that the file will not be deleted. Manipulating the Watched status was just a temp solution.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:50 AM
Sage Icon

mlbdude, not that you'll need any help on this but if you want, take a look at the way this was implemented in the cayars stv since it might work for you out of the box.

There were a couple of "nasties" in there that had to be handled a little different because of Intelligent folder handling. Also check out the options menu for a few extras in the sorting department.

Lord knows, I've got enough of your mods in my STV so I might as well "give back" a little.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Sage Icon

Hello all, I am having trouble with DVD playback. I'm not at home now so I am not sure if this happens in the original stv but i though i would ask here first. It does happen with SageMC though. Basically, when I insert a DVD--select 'Play DVD' the DVD will start like normal and eventually take me to the Menu screen. But, then i cannot select any of the options---most notably 'play'. I try to use the mouse and move it around the screen but it seems like it gets locked up on the Menu screen. arrows on the keyboard won't let me move a selection either. When i play the DVD in nvDVD it works fine however and lets me move around the menu choices. Any thoughts?
JUC
Old 12-02-2004, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Hello all, I am having trouble with DVD playback. I'm not at home now so I am not sure if this happens in the original stv but i though i would ask here first. It does happen with SageMC though. Basically, when I insert a DVD--select 'Play DVD' the DVD will start like normal and eventually take me to the Menu screen. But, then i cannot select any of the options---most notably 'play'. I try to use the mouse and move it around the screen but it seems like it gets locked up on the Menu screen. arrows on the keyboard won't let me move a selection either. When i play the DVD in nvDVD it works fine however and lets me move around the menu choices. Any thoughts?
JUC
I would first try the Original STV to see if it exists there. Since this STV has not had any testing yet it is entirely possible for it to be broken.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

toggle the OSD on and off then move with your remote
I reported this to mlbdude but he never did anything

and your STV makes using VMR9 better
I actually get smoother playback
not sure if it is the menus
but it works wonderfully
I do still have to use the NvVPP though or I get stupid ff bug
Old 12-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Sage Icon

thanks, i will try this when i get home and see if it works.
JUC
Old 12-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
A little insight on where this design part will go. The whole idea of the recordings Archive is lame to me. I don't want a separate area where recordings go and hide and are never deleted. The part I want is to tell Sage to just never delete this file. In the next release you will see the Archive GONE. Those files will be listed in the recording menu with a new icon identifying that they are archived and won't be deleted.

Once that is done, the Keep menu will change to add it to the archive list instead. In MCE that is what that menu does - ensures that the file will not be deleted. Manipulating the Watched status was just a temp solution.
Yes! I totally agree. It's much easier to just have all your recordings in one place, and have the ability to 'mark' or 'lock' individual recordings so they are not deleted automatically. This is a feature I really liked in BeyondTV. Much more intuitive to me.

I really like what you're doing with this STV. Keep up the great work!
Sage v7.0.16, Win7 Ultimate, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, AMD X2 3800+ Dual Core, 2GB PC3200, 2 x HD-PVR, 2 x Motorola DCT6200, HDHomeRun w/ QAM, USB-UIRT, Seagate 250GB PATA (system), WD 2TB (recordings), Gigabyte 6600GT fanless, HD300 extender
Old 12-03-2004, 06:43 AM
Sage Expert

Any idea when the next release will be? Also what have you got planned (appart from the stop stuff)?.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
Any idea when the next release will be? Also what have you got planned (appart from the stop stuff)?.
Probably this weekend. Most of the big stuff is done. Just finishing up final touches. Setup is the next big task. Then this will go beta.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:52 AM
Sage Expert

Sweet.
Are you doing anymore to the jukebox?
Old 12-03-2004, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Sweet.
Are you doing anymore to the jukebox?
Only making shuffle and repeat more accessible. After 1.x probably adding Genre.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Sage Expert

Cheers for the quick reply.

One more question, I promise (for now)!
Have you added support for folder.jpg yet in the jukebox?
Old 12-03-2004, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Cheers for the quick reply.

One more question, I promise (for now)!
Have you added support for folder.jpg yet in the jukebox?
I am told that this is a core feature for SageTV 2.1. I have not deviated from that so if it works in 2.1 it does in this STV.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:18 PM
SageTVaholic

mlbdude
did you notice the issue with DVDs
Old 12-03-2004, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
mlbdude
did you notice the issue with DVDs
No I can't reproduce it.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:28 PM
SageTVaholic

ok
sorry I just have been having the same issues
are you running java 1.4.06?

the menus just seem to lock up and toggling the osd allows movement inside the menus again
Old 12-03-2004, 12:31 PM

Java 1.4.2. I am trying out different decoders and VMR9 and Overlay and I can't get it to happen. I am putting up a new build in a couple of minutes. Maybe I fixed something and did not know.
Closed Thread