SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 12:37 PM

New version posted - Alpha 4.8.

Some changes to My Pictures.

My Videos, My Pictures, and My Music now each have an options menu.

Videos, Pictures, and Music can now have seperate import folders specified. NOTE: Before using that remove all of your existing import folders.

Stop menu improvements.

Archive is not gone, all files are included in Recording list with new icon.

Show Icons are now all moved to a ShowIcons folder under the SageMCE images folder. Please upload some new icon sets for everybody to share . We really need a good padlock icon for the Archive files.

Small changes elsewhere.

That is all.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:43 PM
Sage Expert

The new release is sweet dude!
I'm liking the new non-resizing text in the guide.
I'm also liking the shadowed text in the jukebox for items that don't have artwork.
This STV just gets better and better!
Old 12-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Sage Expert

I seem to be seeing a couple of recordings that I have made (from live TV) in the 'My Videos' folder. I do not have the 'My Videos' folder looking at the directory that I record stuff to. I only have it looking at 'C:\My Videos\' which definitely does not contain said file. Strange
Any ideas?
Old 12-03-2004, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
I seem to be seeing a couple of recordings that I have made (from live TV) in the 'My Videos' folder. I do not have the 'My Videos' folder looking at the directory that I record stuff to. I only have it looking at 'C:\My Videos\' which definitely does not contain said file. Strange
Any ideas?
That is strange. Did you use the old setup dialog to remove all listings from the "generic" library folder list? This is new stuff in Sage 2.1 so we may see some bugs in it . If all else fails, remove the individual folder locations and use the generic list.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Sage Expert

If I remove the file where all my recordings reside, will this effect my recordings history etc? - I don't want to destroy all of my watched/not watched shows.
I presume that all this info resides in the wiz.bin/properties?!?
Old 12-03-2004, 02:45 PM

Quote:
If I remove the file where all my recordings reside, will this effect my recordings history etc? - I don't want to destroy all of my watched/not watched shows.
I presume that all this info resides in the wiz.bin/properties?!?
Don't remove any entries dealing with where your recordings are going. Only library import paths. If you remove the video directories all your recordings are gone.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Sage Expert

Thats what I meant - a couple of beers can do that to you

I'll give it a go
Old 12-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Sage Expert

OK, I have removed all Library Import Dir's. I can't see any of my backed-up DVD's in 'My Videos' anymore, but there is still the one show that I recorded off live TV (that resides on my firewire drive).
Old 12-03-2004, 02:56 PM

Not sure what is going on then. Maybe a restart of Sage when you can?
Old 12-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Sage Expert

On a side note:
This is REALLY minor. Like, I shouldn't even be saying anything minor. When you hover over 'My TV' on the main menu, the whole screen goes ever so slightly lighter. Have you or anyone else noticed this?
Old 12-03-2004, 02:59 PM

Quote:
On a side note:
This is REALLY minor. Like, I shouldn't even be saying anything minor. When you hover over 'My TV' on the main menu, the whole screen goes ever so slightly lighter. Have you or anyone else noticed this?
Now you are just messing with me . No I can't duplicate that. Probably a rendering anomoly with your video card/drivers.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Sage Expert

I kinda guessed that this might be the case!, maybe something to do with the fact that the picture of the TV screen has more black in it than any of the other images?!? I have seen it since the first release though, so I'm pretty sure that I am not going insane!
Old 12-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

WOW

Ok, You are teasing us.... If this is just the alpha, then what do you have planned to do in the beta? It looks close to complete. Minor things: (When you play a song the reference (showing name of track) in the lower left hand corner does not update until you go back a screen and come back in.) My Other wishes, (Outside the removal of the delete button from the Library videos) is to have the ability to put parental controls on a video folder to prevent someoone from opening it to play it's files, and last to be able to tie a slideshow to a playlist, so I can pick one and have music and images showing (without having to start each independently.)

I know you said no weather, but if you could make your original weather available that would make this STV complete for my wife. (She is a weather fan...) or at least as an importable module..

This thing looks pretty complete now. (except for the setup stuff) What are you taunting us with that you haven't revealed yet?

WOW!!!!

I am going to install on all my clients now. It will get heavy use. Will report back any thing I find.

Again WOW!

Tell your wife to let you use Sage again... And the work you did on the Television section is perfect. Exactly what I was trying to get to in some of my other posts about keep it simple and usable... Dead on.

Last edited by edbmdave; 12-03-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Sage Expert

a quick bug:
in 'my pictures' the left arrow on my remote still acts as 'back'.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm trying out SageMC and it looks real good. One question, can channel logos be displayed in the guide? I didn't see an option for that, and it doesn't show up on a search of this thread.
Thanks,
Rob
Old 12-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Sage User

ghosting fixed, now question on IR remote

thanks for the tip on my ghost text issue. moving the SageMCE to the OriginalV2 directory made everything work as expected.

I now am having trouble getting my Hauppauge remote (the silver gray kind)working. Again, I'm not sure if my problem is with the STV or SageTV.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk
I'm trying out SageMC and it looks real good. One question, can channel logos be displayed in the guide? I didn't see an option for that, and it doesn't show up on a search of this thread.
Thanks,
Rob
No channel logos. MCE does not use them. However, I kind of like them so if you can suggest a place to put them without cluttering up the UI I would appreciate it .
Old 12-04-2004, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptybump
thanks for the tip on my ghost text issue. moving the SageMCE to the OriginalV2 directory made everything work as expected.

I now am having trouble getting my Hauppauge remote (the silver gray kind)working. Again, I'm not sure if my problem is with the STV or SageTV.
Remote issue should not be related to the STV. Just keep in mind that the right and left butons don't do what they normally do in this STV. You have to use the Back command to go to a previous menu.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:23 AM

Put up a minor revision 4.8.5 - just wanted to get some feedback on the new quick menu pop ups on the Start menu (see new image in first post). There is one for My TV and Other Programs. Both completely useless since you can get to the items in the next menu but MCE does something similar and as far as esthetics it is kind of nice.

Also added ability to quickly create a series recording while searching by Category and while searching by Keyword.

You can now see all the airings for a series when editing it.

If the Series is a Keyword series you can now edit the keyword.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Music menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Only making shuffle and repeat more accessible. After 1.x probably adding Genre.

Mlbdude,

Would it be possible to include functionality, which will prevents a genre switch when playing music?

It is quite annoying when a “classical” cd comes to an end it unexpected switches to the next CD, which can be a totally different genre. EG switching unexpected from a classical to a Rock genre!!

When it comes to the end of a CD;
- either Sage stops playing music and user selects new CD or
- automatically switch to next CD BUT stay within same category.

Thanks for all your work I really like the professional style of your STV. Hope you keep going despite all the present discussions about Sage vs. MCE

Thanks

Jos Willemse

The Netherlands
Closed Thread