SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 08:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

This problem has been solved by 4.8 alpha version.
When playing album, tha music stops after the album is finished.
Same applies for individual songs.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:53 AM

There is also a new SageTV core item can be configured if you are not using the SageMC STV.

videoframe/autoplay_next_music_file

Make sure it is set to false and music playback will stop at the end of the file. I think this only applies to when you are playing single files.

The SageMC STV uses hidden playlists for all current playing items though and playlists stop when they are done.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
This problem has been solved by 4.8 alpha version.
When playing album, tha music stops after the album is finished.
Same applies for individual songs.
Mlbdube,

Thanks

Never had feature/functionality request that quickly implemented

Good improvement

Jos Willemse
Old 12-04-2004, 09:31 AM
Sage User

I did notice something, when you pan though the dates in the guide, the Monday, Tuesday etc in the left corner seem to be different fonts. Some are Bigger letters and others are smaller letters.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

sage playlists - can you random play or at least jump from track to track in them yet? that would help not having genre at this time.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole
sage playlists - can you random play or at least jump from track to track in them yet? that would help not having genre at this time.
Random for sure now with 2.2 beta. Do you mean jump to next track? That you sould always do. If you mean to a specific track like item #4 you can do that with 2.2 as well. Have not tested the latter yet in this STV.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxcoop
I did notice something, when you pan though the dates in the guide, the Monday, Tuesday etc in the left corner seem to be different fonts. Some are Bigger letters and others are smaller letters.
You may not be using the default font size specified by the STV. Those fonts are set to autoshrink if they need to.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Sage User

How do you make sure you are using the default font size? This option I know I have not changed.

Also, When you are watching a show and click on details, for some reason it shows the date it was aired is something like 12/1/1969. (This is only in a few shows not all.) But If I hit the back button and then go back to the show, it will show up correctly.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxcoop
How do you make sure you are using the default font size? This option I know I have not changed.

Also, When you are watching a show and click on details, for some reason it shows the date it was aired is something like 12/1/1969. (This is only in a few shows not all.) But If I hit the back button and then go back to the show, it will show up correctly.
To reset your default fonts, while Sage is closed delete all ui/xxx_font_xxx lines in your properties file.

Not sure about the date thing. If I see it I will fix it.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

How do you get the new (My TV and Other Programs) popup menus to appear?
Old 12-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Sage User

I really love the look and feel of this STV. Is there any possibility to use comskip with this STV? Or do you have any plans for implementing this feature? That would be great!

Allthough maybe not available in original MCE...another thing I would like very much would be the possibility to assign colors to epg-categories (f.e. movies->red, sports->yellow).
Old 12-04-2004, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
How do you get the new (My TV and Other Programs) popup menus to appear?
You would think I would have told you that . Sorry. Right command should do it. Left and Back will close it.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holozaen
I really love the look and feel of this STV. Is there any possibility to use comskip with this STV? Or do you have any plans for implementing this feature? That would be great!

Allthough maybe not available in original MCE...another thing I would like very much would be the possibility to assign colors to epg-categories (f.e. movies->red, sports->yellow).
I won't be adding the current version of ComSkip into this anytime. Jere is working on a new version though that sounds like it won't attack your machine so much; that I may add. However, once this is released I am going to give permission to anyone to mod it and I am sure someone else will. I know comskip is popular, but I just don't use or want to add any features that work "sometimes".

EPG colors would be difficult due to the cells being images and not primitives. Anything is possible though .
Old 12-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Sage User

Thanks very much for your answer...I see your point...so I just wait and hope
Old 12-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

How about putting the MAME stuff in? Since it is in the Original STV?
Old 12-04-2004, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
How about putting the MAME stuff in? Since it is in the Original STV?
That is not in MCE! . I will see. I am working on making the Start menu customizable now. I may add that. Then you can it if you want.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:09 PM

Posted update 4.9. Lots of changes today I guess

Download will be a little bigger. It includes the weather images for my old weather menu. It is using Neilm's java getweather by default (Thanks Neilm!).
NOTE: Make sure you delete all old mlbdude/weather related lines from your properties file if you have any. Neilm's getweather is configurable as per the readme.txt in the SageMCE folder.

Added Options menu for some Main Menu customization.
Added Option to My Videos to allow you to hide the Delete button everywhere for videos.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a reason why the weather stuff wouldn't work using SageTVClient? I'm unable to see the new 'Weather' menu entry, although I added the two ui/main_menu_weather options to my properties file.

I'm also not seeing weather.txt being created. I changed the exec and file paths from relative to absolute in my properties file but it made no difference.

My Client is installed on my server machine, feeding a MediaMVP (although I don't think this is related because the menu is the same on the UI on the server). I'm running Client version 2.1.10 (no 2.2 Beta here yet...).

Any ideas?

Andy.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:25 PM

Main Menu options are setup via the Options menu on the Start Menu. That old property won't work for this STV.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks. FYI - the readme.txt that's shipped with 4.9 says to add those options.

I don't have an 'Options' menu on my start menu. Is there something I need to do to enable it? I did a search for this info but couldn't find it anywhere (or anything related in the properties file).

Andy.
Closed Thread